Thread: WWE Promo of the Year 2017

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: WWE Promo of the Year 2017

Quote Originally Posted by mx518 View Post
    See that I can definitely agree with. But people are arguing that he's fantastic and great, in the ring. I'd say he's average, a little above average.
    No one ever said Miz was either. I said he has been a major part of making SD enjoyable and that's very much true, I also said he has proved his worth which again is very much true.

Making ASSumptions will make an ass out of you every time.

vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KellyRo View Post
    No one ever said Miz was either. I said he has been a major part of making SD enjoyable and that's very much true, I also said he has proved his worth which again is very much true.

Making ASSumptions will make an ass out of you every time.
    Quote Originally Posted by KellyRo View Post
    I prefer the total package and that is the Miz. and I enjoy Smackdown more then Raw lil mama
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Jericho View Post
    Oof that's an outdated opinion man. Miz had been fantastic for quite some time now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Lethal View Post
    To each his own, The Miz has become one of the most consistent performers in the company. He isn't as flashy as some of the other people in the company (as Daniel Bryan says he works "safe") but still he had in 2-3 MOTY performances last year (Extreme Rules, Backlash, No Mercy) so he isn't terrible.
    So at first you said he was the total package, now you're saying that he's just an average in-ring wrestler. Additionally, nobody else said he was fantastic or had MOTY candidates.

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mx518 View Post
    So at first you said he was the total package, now you're saying that he's just an average in-ring wrestler. Additionally, nobody else said he was fantastic or had MOTY candidates.
    Once again no one said he was perfect. Nor have I called him avaerage. Once again ASSumptions.

Having MOTY does not mean your fantastic in the ring. It means you had a damn good match!!

Being the total package to me is being able to work above average matches which he does, he oozes charisma and that man can talk his ass off.

Stop hating and give Miz his credit. He has grown tremendously over the years and he deserves every bit of praise he gets. I'm not a hardcore Miz guy but I give him his credit and based on what Miz provides vs what Sami provides now, kayfabe wise it's not a fair trade.

And to the causal fan which I and Miz is miles ahead of Zayn. Every guy isn't going to be an Indy darling but he has proved his worth.

vCash
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last year the Miz went from bathroom break material to the co-MVP of Smackdown alongside AJ Styles. He did that with the Dolph Ziggler feud that made the IC title something people should actually want, other than a 10 pound paperweight on your shoulder.

And he made everyone pay attention to Talking Smack by himself, his promo is what caught everyone's attention to and why they are now watching Talking Smack.

Again, he is not the best worker in the company, but he is one of the few performers with every tool needed to be entertaining. Need a good match: he can deliver...need an amazing promo: he can deliver. He is also the best natural heel the WWE has, there isn't a single person in the world that wants to cheer for him because he is a natural heel, he makes the people that work with him better.

You can cheer or boo for whomever you want, but The Miz is easily in the top 10 in the WWE right now, by whatever measuring stick you choose to use.

Tetris Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

vCash
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Threads like this make all my years of championing Miz so bloody worth it.

A ton and a half of credit to Rad for this superb artwork

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    It's so nice knowing i'm no longer alone

Asteroids Champion! Breakout Champion!
    vCash
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'll go ahead and shove this Becky Lynch promo in here. Short, simple, but highly effective. That's the Becky I want to see every week. Someone who genuinely cares for the championship and for the quality of its champions.

vCash
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Serious, passionate Becky is best Becky.

Big thanks to Surrender!

PW Accolades

Spoiler

vCash
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Two promos from the January 30th Raw to add to the list: Paul Heyman's "Yeah, but..." promo and Triple H's show-closing speech.

Making snow angels The Main Event's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Triple H and Seth Rollins both hit it out of the ballpark last night...but Triple H's promo (starting with his Facebook one on Saturday) was absolute perfection in building to the reveal of Samoa Joe. That was next level stuff, including the easter eggs that you pick up on after the debut of things Hunter said in promos that you see an entirely different way in hindsight. Brilliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Oncall View Post
    Threads like this make all my years of championing Miz so bloody worth it.
    It's glorious isn't it?

THIS AWWWWWWESOME BANNER MADE BY SPIKE

I'M BACK BAYBAY!!!

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: WWE Promo of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by KingInTheNorth View Post
    THAT Titus O'Neil Promo.
    That was definitely the best mic work that Titus has ever done. However, it wasn't promo of the year material. I really like Titusand it pains me to say that Titus' main drawback on the mic is in the delivery. How do I put this? Titus is a comedic guy that doesn't have comedic timing. His delivery is kind of monotone. Of course having comedic timing in the WWE can be more of a bad thing sometimes. The writers will stick your name in the box marked comedy time. These days, the box has the names Heath Slater and James Ellsworth. In the past, Santino Marella and Hornswoggle spent the majority of their WWE lives in that box. It's nearly impossible to get out of that box.

I think the Miz has to win promo of the year for the Talking Smack promo. It was a perfect balance of kayfabe material mixed in with a dose of reality. If you made a graph for the WWE career of the MIZ, it would be all giant peaks and very low valleys. I hated the guy at first. He started to grow on me when he was attacking Cena with a chair and declaring himself 7-0 against Cena. I liked his run with the WWE title even if he was overshadowed by other folks. Hard to believe that the guy who mainevented a Wrestlemania would lose in a 1:00 squash match to Brodus Clay within a year. Much to his credit, he persevered when many others would have left the company.
    Last edited by bischoffs brain; 02-03-2017 at 11:19 AM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://youtu.be/ZW3X3zuwIy8?t=9m41s
    9:41-10:07 It was pretty late into last year and I don't know if it deserve promo of the year but this line deserves something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiRFNlBnXDM
    Probably Seth's best 2017 promo.

TNA Forum Title History
    Forum Championship (1 time)
    Tag Team Championship (3 time)
    X Championship (2 time)
    Internet Championship (3 time)

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obviously Miz going off on Talking Smack has got to be in consideration... they really could have capitalised on it even more I feel.

One that sticks out which I enjoyed the heck out of (call me an Ambrose mark, fine) was Dean's after cashing in on Seth. 'What does that make me, the dude?'

vCash
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Jericho's promo from last week's Raw and Kevin Owens' from this week's Raw has to make...the list!

Any other notable promos from the past two weeks?

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
    Jericho's promo from last week's Raw and Kevin Owens' from this week's Raw has to make...the list!

Any other notable promos from the past two weeks?
    If sit down interviews count; Joe's from a week ago.

vCash
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    If sit down interviews count; Joe's from a week ago.
    Ah yes, forgot about that one. Good call!

vCash
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Orton burning down Bray's house will go down as one of the more memorable promos of the year but I don't rate it especially highly. Others might though.

John Cena killed it again on Smackdown. By the end of the year he might exclusively make my Top 10 promos of the year. He's always been good on the mic but has he ever been this consistently great?

Shane's promo this week was also very good.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Miz is a solid worker, and can fertilize the Sinai with what comes out of his mouth, as for safe? As opposed to unsafe? Safe makes you more consistent money. And truly that is what it's really all about right?
    "Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!": Ancient Klingon Proverb.

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm ready to call it: the promo of the year was going on 15 minutes, but just 5 words (plus an inaudible handful beforehand) long, and marked the moment that the most over-pushed guy in the company finally looked to embrace exactly what the company needs him to be: an absolutely shamelessly self-assured, smug asshole.

Thread Information