Thread: World Issues-adjacent podcasts

vCash
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default World Issues-adjacent podcasts

Not sure who else is a podcast listener, but I'm jazzed about a particular podcast I just learned about and thought I'd cast a net to see what others are listening to.

During the election I listened weekly to the 538 politics podcast, Keeping it 1600, and the NPR Politics podcast. 538 is still in my rotation but I have only heard one 1600 pod since the election.

A podcast I found particularly great was the Axe Files. It's from Obama advisor David Axelrod doing interviews with politicians and strategists about how they got into it and stories of their political life. While Axelrod is obviously partisan he has a great interview with Mitt Romney, another good one with Karl Rove, and other Republicans.

Of that same line was the one I listened to the first time today was Candidate Confidential. This is a podcast talking to politicians about what it's like to lose a political campaign. The Michelle Bachmann episode was (surprisingly) great.

I've found the last two of these podcasts to be refreshing in the way they humanize the enemy away from the echo chamber of five minute sound bite pieces on nightly news. Give Mitt Romney or Michelle Bachman 40 minutes to an hour to talk about their personal motivations and they're almost sympathetic people.

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: World Issues-adjacent podcasts

For any Keepin' it 1600 fans just letting you know that those guys have left The Ringer and started their own site and podcast POD SAVE AMERICA. The first episode came out yesterday.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: World Issues-adjacent podcasts

Pretty good first episode too.
    Now you're on the field callin' me an asshole, 'Cause I roped up your body like a lasso

And I could be just like Mr. HK, runnin' cause a melee
    Bring my team a W, I'm poppin' shots like Pele

Thread Information