Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gamer's Pad - 2017 and Beyond

vCash
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The Gamer's Pad - 2017 and Beyond

(Does this character in the back walking have the ability to go invisible? Have not played Mass Effect, she just vanishes in thin air)

I have to give this series a go if they are seriously trying to 1-up Fifa in the glitch department. This is glorious!

Currently Playing:
    Wipeout Omega Collection(PS4), Rocket League(PS4)

vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ToxicAvenger View Post
    Andromeda looks horrible. Characters look dead when they talk and graphics are from 2011. ME 1 had better facial animations FFS. This is what happens, when you give the game to a studio, that has done ZERO games before.
    I'm not a fan of this series at all, but I have to say that terrible animations aside, this game's visuals are almost as good as the other recent Frostbite 3 games like Battlefield 1 and Battlefront which I'd consider to be the best looking games released to date. Games from 2011 don't compare to this.

Some of this footage is amazing even with shitty Youtube compression.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know the scenery looks okay, but biggest thing in ME franchise is the interaction with other characters. Now it looks like i am watching Tommy Wiseau movie.

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya know, I rented Wild Lands with full intent on playing, and I haven't once touched it, but it's about time to send back, because I'll be playing Andromeda, and I doubt I could get through it and Wild Lands before I send Wild Lands back for Yooka Laylee.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Dynamite
    Sometimes a terrible idea is the best idea you got, and one thing I've learned, is always go with the best idea you got.

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really thought this year was going to be a big year for gaming for me but I just looked at the release date calendar for the PS4 for the rest of the year and I'm kinda bummed. All I've got to look forward to as far as AAA titles is Prey, Injustice 2, and South Park and thats it for the rest of the year. NOTE: I expect Red Dead to be delayed til next year

Kinda bummed about this. Of course theres a couple indys like Little Nightmares to look forward to and I'll pick up MLB and Madden but those are games that only get played when friends are over. Really hoping Red Dead proves me wrong and comes out this year cause as of now fall looks terrible this year for my tastes.

vCash
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JPC View Post
    I really thought this year was going to be a big year for gaming for me but I just looked at the release date calendar for the PS4 for the rest of the year and I'm kinda bummed. All I've got to look forward to as far as AAA titles is Prey, Injustice 2, and South Park and thats it for the rest of the year. NOTE: I expect Red Dead to be delayed til next year

Kinda bummed about this. Of course theres a couple indys like Little Nightmares to look forward to and I'll pick up MLB and Madden but those are games that only get played when friends are over. Really hoping Red Dead proves me wrong and comes out this year cause as of now fall looks terrible this year for my tastes.
    Since JRPGs are not for you:

Days Gone
    God of War
    Yooka Laylee(or are you looking more for a serious type of game)
    Uncharted 4 DLC(Chloe's ass in 1080P :drools

This year has been awesome for gaming, at least for me. So far so good.

Currently Playing:

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindy View Post
    Since JRPGs are not for you:

Days Gone
    God of War
    Yooka Laylee(or are you looking more for a serious type of game)
    Uncharted 4 DLC(Chloe's ass in 1080P :drools

This year has been awesome for gaming, at least for me. So far so good.
    I've already upgraded to 4K for dat ass ... so yes I'll be picking up the Uncharted DLC. Forgot about about that.

Don't think God of War or Days Gone have a release date. I could be wrong though. Yooka Laylee looks like junk. I have no understanding what people see in that game.

Its been a great year thus far but just looking at the second half of the year just depressing.

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just came across this. I don't wanna get my hopes up to high but I'm super excited for this game. Comes out next week.

vCash
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure if you like Crash JPC but there's a remaster of all 3 games coming out in very early July 2017. There's a retro Sonic coming out very soon too that seems to really cater to the old school fans. Not sure if platformers are what you're going for granted but thus far, both look really good(At least for me)

Also I know you like sports so you have MLB The Show next week and Gran Turismo if you like cars that should still be on pace for 2017. Knack 2 is hit or miss for some but that is on track for 2017. Same with David Cage's Detroit: Become Human which has an acquired taste.

The Evil Within 2 which is another enigma should be announced for Bethesda's press conference, there's also hints of a new Wolfenstein at that conference. Not sure if you like either franchise but both have their gore and one's a survival horror. Don't know if either hit 2017 admittedly though. Assassin's creed should headline Ubisoft's show(Yeah even over South Park) after taking a year hiatus, rumors(Rumors being the key word) has it late 2017, not sure if you like that series.

EA should probably reboot Dead Space in all honesty but that's pure speculation....and considering how bad they botched Mirror's Edge, I don't know if that's something that franchise's fanbase really wants There's Star Wars stuff led by them this year.

The real ???? is Capcom. All they got is Marvel vs Capcom lined up but they launched a big fun already in Resident Evil 7. Besides Monster Hunter, I am curious what else they have cooking.

Currently Playing:

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, apparently, playing Zelda Breath of the Wild before playing Horizon Zero Dawn is a huge mistake... Because going from a game that gives you so much freedom to a game with a lot of restrictions... kinda sucks. Also, the melee combat in Horizon is the worst. I think I might need to play a different game as a palate cleanser before tackling Horizon.

vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Destiny 2 is officially confirmed for PC with a release date of September 8th. Instantly shot up my must-play list for 2017.

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shitty 3rd party controllers will never be the same with Mad Catz filing for bankruptcy.

Sometimes a terrible idea is the best idea you got, and one thing I've learned, is always go with the best idea you got.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I popped The Last of Us into the PS3 today as I've been meaning to replay it since the sequel was announced. Well, I finally got around to it, sat through an update, then...the game crashed during the prologue. A quick google search told me that this was a known issue back in 2013/14 and there were several fixes.

Most posts said turn off the Autosave feature, so I did. No affect.
    I saw a few posts that said to sign out of PSN. No affect.
    I then found a post that said the issue was with Naughty Dog's servers and it had been corrected (3 years ago). Doesn't help me.

So the game is useless to me now. I tried restarting everything, tried all the google tricks, nothing. I get in the car with Uncle Tommy during the prologue and as soon as you start driving down the road the game freezes and the PS3 restarts. Every time. I'm fucking pissed.

The Canadian Death Tour
    A very Canadian wrestling story by RT.
    Catch up now and stay tuned for "The Commonwealth Championship," coming soon.

vCash
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I popped The Last of Us into the PS3 today as I've been meaning to replay it since the sequel was announced. Well, I finally got around to it, sat through an update, then...the game crashed during the prologue. A quick google search told me that this was a known issue back in 2013/14 and there were several fixes.

Most posts said turn off the Autosave feature, so I did. No affect.
    I saw a few posts that said to sign out of PSN. No affect.
    I then found a post that said the issue was with Naughty Dog's servers and it had been corrected (3 years ago). Doesn't help me.

So the game is useless to me now. I tried restarting everything, tried all the google tricks, nothing. I get in the car with Uncle Tommy during the prologue and as soon as you start driving down the road the game freezes and the PS3 restarts. Every time. I'm fucking pissed.
    That's very unfortunate though I know TLOU Remastered does come with some PS4s(It did for me).

I know I had 2 game breaking bugs on my 1st run with TLOU that stopped it from getting a 10/10. It is unacceptable to launch a game with the problems that it did have at launch IMO. One bug was a bug that you would not have known about if you didn't read up on it. Lost time due to an autosave glitch that the game says you are autosaving but in essence you aren't and it didn't matter if you hard save it. I lost about 1 1/2 hours and would have lost more had I not caught that. I bought this game DAY ONE after a year long preorder and encountered that disaster.

HilaryFan first brought this one up
    http://forums.prowrestling.com/showt...=1#post3821715
    http://forums.prowrestling.com/showt...=1#post3821761

Quote Originally Posted by Blindy
    Be lucky. According to the statistics, I lost over 1 and a half hour of progress but really because I took my time in 1-2 stealth parts, really I lost over 2 hours worth of time over this bullshit.

As you can tell...I am pretty mad. I passed some pretty tough parts and now because of this bullshit, I have to go through them all over again. Fuck, I was over 4 hours into the game....now I have an hour and a half worth to catch up on. Ugh.

Picked it up last night midnight release, everything was alright....this morning it seemed everything was okay. But I noticed that I could not restart encounter like I once did but I tried that while about to get biten by a clicker so I figured "God damn, they don't let you get out that easy"

I wanted to take a break from the game, when I started to see the "Autosaving is loading" problem....when I was absolutely clear of danger. Then I read up on the problems and I was fucking furious. Turned it off expecting the worst and now I have to go through some of the tougher parts.
    2nd glitch I remember I discussed with Rogue:
    http://forums.prowrestling.com/showt...=1#post3822561
    http://forums.prowrestling.com/showt...=1#post3822594

Quote Originally Posted by Blindy
    that was indeed awesome LOL

What isn't is i am stuck because of a game glitch at a certain part of the game. I try and turn the generator on at a certain part and while i try and hit the part 3x to work it, b4 the 1st part....something out of nowhere gets on me, i have a tap square sequence....and i tap, tap, tap.

Nope. Instead i get randomly stabbed to my death in a 1 hit ko. Originally after hitting the generator, a scene is suppose to come up....which happened the 1st time but i restarted the encounter. Now i'm stuck and can't go further....

Shame. 10 1/2 hrs in and i love the game so much and wanna continue. I will contact a ND helper and hope it gets fixed.
    These 2 mood killers a game that would have gotten a 10/10 score from me and turned it into 9 but the majority of people who played this way after it's release whether on the PS4 or on a price cut were fortunate enough to play through the patches and not have a bad experience. Such a damn shame too because the game was rad other than those nuisances. I hope the sequel doesn't have garbage like that.

It's not Glitches of War type of awful but still....I expect better from Naughty Dog. Shame to read up on that RT. Is the CD in good shape RT? Or did you buy it digital?

Currently Playing:

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bought the CD and it's in good shape but that's what's so weird. The game worked perfectly fine the two times I played it through after release. I don't recall any updates to the game when I was playing it, then I put it down until today. It updated (which was expected), now it doesn't work.

And the glitch is well known. You're riding in the car, Uncle Tommy turns on the radio, then suddenly it goes quiet and he and Joel are outside the car glitching the fuck out while you sit there. After about 30 seconds the game freezes, then the PS3 restarts. Lots of people seem to have had this issue back when the game came out and according to everything I read it was fixed. Guess not.

I'm buying the remastered copy on PS4 (download) sometime this year and playing it. I know it's already pretty cheap but hopefully there's a sale sometime this summer and I can nab it.

The Canadian Death Tour
    A very Canadian wrestling story by RT.
    Catch up now and stay tuned for "The Commonwealth Championship," coming soon.

Middle of Nowhere (By way of Cleveland, City of Kings and Champions.)
    vCash
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DF will be revealing the specs of the Scorpio on Thursday, and according to twitter buzz, they are rather impressive, and is capable of running games in true 4K. Choosing Digital Foundry for the reveal really speaks for MS's confidence here, can't wait...though my wallet certainly can.

In less exciting news, Yooka-Laylee has a 64 meta average and has technical issues. Didn't except great reviews, but fuck.

2x PW Power 25 Winner

Currently Playing - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild and NBA 2K17

PW Game of the Year 2016 - Voting now open.

vCash
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am curious. The digital foundry pick perked my ears up.

Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Yooka-Laylee reviews sounded fine to me until I read the number of worlds that this game is packing. I'll have to think about it, but I'm probably waiting for a big sale now.

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those interested, Humble Bundle has a deal right now for some THQ/Nordic games for the PS4, personally worth it for me just to get Darksiders Warmastered and Darksiders 2 Deathfinitive Edition for $15 (total), but there's a few other solid picks in there, Red Faction, the first 2 Destroy All Humans games, and a few more that might interest ya'll more than me.

Humble Bundle

PW Tag Team Champion!! HilaryFan's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I fully expect that Castlevania style game to buck this worrying Kickstarter trend, although I myself didn't back it

I have backed Shenmue, Fear Effect 3, a couple of horror games, a film noir style rpg, and a dog game

( ?_?) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

Currently Playing: Suikoden 1, Max Payne 1, Beyond Good and Evil, MGS Peace Walker

vCash
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bloodstained? It got delayed until 2018 at least.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And wow is Scorpio disappointing. Incremental upgrade at best. Feel bad for console gamers as PC gaming will continue to grow exponentially, while consoles are bleeding consumers dry with gear that loses 75 percent of it's value in a year.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bloodborne
    Persona 5
    The Last of Us 2
    Uncharted 4
    Horizon: Zero Dawn
    Until Dawn

Don't feel too bad for us console gamers Engel PS4's exclusive library is kicking ass.

Sucks for XBOX fanboys who were hoping this could be a lift for the XBOX over PS4. Glad it's out of the way, time for some console exclusive games in 2 months Microsoft.

Quote Originally Posted by HilaryFan View Post
    I fully expect that Castlevania style game to buck this worrying Kickstarter trend, although I myself didn't back it

I have backed Shenmue, Fear Effect 3, a couple of horror games, a film noir style rpg, and a dog game
    Shovel Knight already bucked that trend. Damn good game.

Have not played the new Shantae game but if its like the last 2, there's that too.
    Last edited by Blindy; 04-06-2017 at 07:55 PM.

Currently Playing:

vCash
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The new Shantae is good but SHORT. Even by Shantae standards it felt brief.

vCash
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindy View Post
    Bloodborne
    Persona 5
    The Last of Us 2
    Uncharted 4
    Horizon: Zero Dawn
    Until Dawn

Don't feel too bad for us console gamers Engel PS4's exclusive library is kicking ass.

Sucks for XBOX fanboys who were hoping this could be a lift for the XBOX over PS4. Glad it's out of the way, time for some console exclusive games in 2 months Microsoft.
    Don't forget Nioh, Blindy. The future for PS4 exclusives is bright too. Games like Spider-man, Death Stranding, God of War, Ni No Kuni II, Kingdom Hearts 3, all the remaster collections, and whatever else Sony announces this year for the future. There will not be a day that I regret my decision to buy a PS4.

Thread Information