Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL 2017 OFFSEASON THREAD

vCash
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default NFL 2017 OFFSEASON THREAD

For some fans/teams, it's that exciting time of the year again. The offseason. The chance to rebuild or continue building. Of course, the free agency market will be a huge chance for teams to rebuild and could also lead to the collapse of some franchises. It's really hard to get into all that right now as the postseason is about to get under way. Feel free to share what players you're excited for to hit the Free Agency market.

For the Browns and the Titans, they had 2 picks in the top 18 each. The Rams AND Vikings do NOT have a 1st round pick. Who will hit big in this draft and who will miss bigger? Here is the draft order.

Here is the draft order for the first 20 picks and believe it or not, two picks will be decided by a coin toss as it ended in a tie.

1- Cleveland Browns (The early rumors state they may trade this pick to highest bidder)
    2- San Francisco 49ers (Coaching AND GM vacancy)
    3- Chicago Bears (Wins tie breaker, will be in full rebuild mode)
    4- Jacksonville Jaguars (6th consecutive year in top 5 and in need of new HC)
    5- Tennesee Titans (From LA Rams for Goff, possibly biggest draft round ever for franchise)
    6- New York Jets (Why do I have a feeling they'll blow it?)
    7- San Diego Chargers (Coaching and possible location change)
    8- Carolina Panthers (This pick could help shape their still promising future)
    9- Cincinnati Bengals (Will Marvin be here to help make this pick?)
    10- Buffalo Bills (coaching vacancy, will they go QB?)
    11- New Orleans Saints (3 straight 7-9 seasons)
    12- Cleveland Browns (2nd top 12 pick, in Browns fashion, Philly ended season on 2 game winning streak)
    13- Arizona Cardinals (A good time to draft low with an aging team)
    TIED14- Philadelphia Eagles (From Minnesota, coin toss. Not a big drop off from their supposed to be 12th pick)
    TIED14- Indianapolis Colts (An opportunity to help Andrew Lucks future)
    16- Baltimore Ravens (Help the offense or continue building a savage D?)
    17- Washington Redskins (Can you draft heart? Because they lacked it.)
    18- Tennessee Titans (Their own pick, 2 picks in top 18, time to build!)
    19- Tampa Bay Buccaneers (A big time draft, just in time to help this team solidify their future)
    20- Denver Broncos (Defending Super Bowl champ will need a new coach and to help that offense.)

Imagine the Cowboys trade Romo and their 1st rounder to CLE? I know, I know, it doesn't make sense for Cleveland, but this is Cleveland and they need a QB. The rumor that the Browns are going to be sitting back waiting for someone to offer them something special for the 1st pick makes you wonder who is going to jump up there and for what? Maybe the game changer, Leonard Fournette?

I think this is a HUGE draft for Tennessee, Tampa Bay, Arizona, Carolina, Denver and Washington. I feel like all six of them played under their potential and could be in the playoffs next season depending on how well they perform this offseason.

So what's everyone's thoughts for their team and other teams heading into this offseason?

vCash
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: NFL 2017 OFFSEASON THREAD

To make things interesting, I'm going to ask a few questions.

1- Biggest potential bust in this NFL draft?
    2- Is Desean Jackson going back to the Eagles?
    3- Who has a better chance to be an NFL HC next season? Nick Saban, Tom Coughlin or Michigan Harbaugh?
    4- Which team do you think is going to hit BIG in Free Agency and why?
    5- Who is most likely to trade up to the #1 pick and who will be they be trying to draft?

vCash
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1) Deandre Kizer and I say that as an Irish fan, I think he's still a year away. I hope he gets redshirted year 1, please I hope he isn't thrown to the wolves so soon into his career. He wasn't so dominant at Notre Dame but he has the tools necessary to do well in the pros.
    2) No, possibly the Rams given he's a Cali guy and given the Rams need for more WR talent.
    3) Coughlin if any of the 3. Good money for Saban and Harbaugh and I don't doubt the Jags interest in Coughlin.
    4) 49ers, they have to spend money and the new GM and HC will want to make an impression.
    5) Myles Garrett will be the target and I think Cleveland stays but if a team is to go and get his services, Chicago as they need a legit force on their defense, particularly a pass rusher in that division. Indy too but the price may be too rich, Indy needs a gamebreaker on defense. They built the line for Luck last draft, now their defense needs help. Grigson and Pagano are on do or die years too.

Currently Playing:
    Wipeout Omega Collection(PS4), Rocket League(PS4)

They still play defense? The Real LT's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2- Is Desean Jackson going back to the Eagles?
    If Desean is a free agent this has a great chance of happening. Howie Roseman would LOVE to have him back, and the Eagles desperately need help at receiver. Chip Kelly really fucked them over at that position.

vCash
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 - I don't watch college football.
    2 - Maybe. Is this a thing?
    3 - Coughlin. I don't think Harbaugh is leaving Michigan yet (though maybe he would for Denver?) and I think Saban will end his career at Alabama.
    4 - If the Cowboys are able to trade Tony early, that'll free up some cash and they have plenty of holes on D.
    5 - I never know this one, but it's not a QB rich draft so I doubt a crap team like the 49ers are giving up much to move up a spot. Maybe Jax is ready to hit the escape hatch and move on from Bortles? I don't think anyone pays a big move up price for a non-quarterback.

vCash
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what I've read, this upcoming draft is really being hyped around defensive players. I think we're going to see several teams pass up on a big time defensive player. I think if someone is trading up in the draft, it's going to be for Leonard Fournette who many have said will be the next Adrian Peterson. I would gush my pants if the Giants did that. I'm sure OBJ would be pleased, too. The Giants running game has been so bad for so long and if they got Fournette to add to that offense, this team may build a dynasty in Eli's later years. Unfortunately, I don't see it happening. I don't know what the Giants can really offer, besides selling the future. Which may not be the worst thing.

If Nick Saban wins another National Championship, I don't see how the NFL doesn't tickle his fancy again. He's matured as a HC since his first stint and I think he would be a great fit for Denver or the 49ers. The money would be spent. Same with Harbaugh, except I don't think he ever goes back to San Francisco.

I think whichever team gets Fournette won the draft and if a competitive team trades up for him, forget about it. Baltimore, New York and Green Bay should definitely consider it.

Beat the Devil out of it Leper Messiah's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cleveland might trade their pick? Are they trying to stay terrible forever?

Then again, they haven't proven they are good at making draft picks count, so...

If the Rams or Niners were to hire Rex Ryan, you can gaurentee he'll have them ready for that match against the Patriots, even though it only comes around every 4 years.

vCash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reports that 49ers ask the Patriots permission to interview as a duo Josh McDaniels for the head coach fancy and Nick Caserio for the GM Vacancey.

I don't know how I feel about Josh McDanirls since if I remember correctly his last head coaching stingy with I think the Broncos wasn't a good one.

vCash
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Leper Messiah View Post
    Cleveland might trade their pick? Are they trying to stay terrible forever?
    They have an analytic point of view, which is that more draft picks are always better than fewer draft picks, even at the top of the draft.

vCash
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pduh View Post
    Reports that 49ers ask the Patriots permission to interview as a duo Josh McDaniels for the head coach fancy and Nick Caserio for the GM Vacancey.

I don't know how I feel about Josh McDanirls since if I remember correctly his last head coaching stingy with I think the Broncos wasn't a good one.

Belicheck assistants never make good head coaches, unless there is someone I'm forgetting. But both Josh McDaniels and Romeo Crennel crashed and burned as head coaches.

vCash
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bill O'Brien has been passable as a head coach so far taking three QB-less teams to the playoffs (albeit in a shit division) and I've always thought the problems with McDaniels in Denver were related to not having a personnel guy doing that job and his attitude. One can be fixed, the other we will see... He did get the Tebow-led Denver team into the 2nd Round so it's not like he had no good quality.

vCash
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    Bill O'Brien has been passable as a head coach so far taking three QB-less teams to the playoffs (albeit in a shit division) and I've always thought the problems with McDaniels in Denver were related to not having a personnel guy doing that job and his attitude. One can be fixed, the other we will see... He did get the Tebow-led Denver team into the 2nd Round so it's not like he had no good quality.
    John Fox did that.

McDaniels did take Dey Thomas alongside Tebow in that 1st round though, McDaniels only got to work with Orton if I recall. I think McDaniels did not know what to do once they got to 5-0 and he lost reigns of the team entirely.

McDaniels was also 32-33 years old when he was the coach of that team, that's very young and some of the Broncos players were older than him so that naturally means potential condescension.

McDaniels is a very good fit for SF given he's a quality QB guy given his work with Brady over the years but more so having Kyle Orton flourish in Denver the minute he got traded over from Chicago in that Cutler deal.

Currently Playing:
    Wipeout Omega Collection(PS4), Rocket League(PS4)

vCash
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kyle Orton lost his job to Tim Tebow. I hardly call that flourishing.

vCash
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Josh McDaniels is a brilliant OC, and while he probably should remain a coordinator, certainly deserves another shot as a head coach - but I don't like anyone's chances of turning things around in San Francisco. York and Baalke are clearly the problems there.

vCash
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well Baalke is gone, but York is not. So San Francisco is still screwed.

vCash
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindy View Post
    John Fox did that.
    Whoops, you're right. Fox is intertwined with Manning in my memories of the Broncos, forgot he had the year with Tebow/Orton.

vCash
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Bills may be just as bad as the Browns next season if their front office doesn't get their shit together. What the fuck just happened these past few days with the owner and GM? Some real bad business miscommunication.

Making snow angels The Main Event's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say Cleveland trading the #1 pick for 4-5 picks over 2017/18 would be worth it...if I knew the Browns would actually draft well

By the way...if I'm Cleveland and I'm offered Romo and a pick...hell no. That'd be highway robbery for the Cowboys.

THIS AWWWWWWESOME BANNER MADE BY SPIKE

I'M BACK BAYBAY!!!

vCash
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah if they can get a team in the top 10 to give them their pick and two others, like a first next year and a third this year, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Not knowing anything about college football it doesn't sound like there's a franchise saver in the draft so I'd move if I could.

I'd say that may be difficult without the right QB in the draft, but the right QB wasn't in last years draft and two teams moved up to get one. Last year's moves hurt though with the Titans getting a top 5 pick from the Rams who are getting nothing from Goff.

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Browns hire Gregg Williams as defensive coordinator. Will he need to put bounties on the opponent to get them to perform?

vCash
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Leper Messiah View Post
    The Browns hire Gregg Williams as defensive coordinator. Will he need to put bounties on the opponent to get them to perform?
    With that signing, maybe the Browns are going to build from their defense up. Maybe they've finally learned from their division. That may also mean they're going to keep their 1st pick and take Myles Garrett. If they do and pick up Marshon Lattimore (CB/OSU) in the 12th pick, this team may be heading in the right direction. There's a lot of possibilities in the secondary during this draft. I say they keep the pick and build on Garrett. If they can hit big on 2 1st round picks, they might have a chance. Cincy is on the way down, so they can start moving up.

I also saw that the Jets are liking the UNC QB unless the Niners don't draft Kizer. I still don't know how people are going to pass up on Fournette. The dude is an animal. I still think Jacksonville needs to get him, even though they can secure themselves an unbelievable D. They have a very good D, but adding Fournette can completely change that offense in a huge way.

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Guy View Post
    With that signing, maybe the Browns are going to build from their defense up. Maybe they've finally learned from their division. That may also mean they're going to keep their 1st pick and take Myles Garrett. If they do and pick up Marshon Lattimore (CB/OSU) in the 12th pick, this team may be heading in the right direction. There's a lot of possibilities in the secondary during this draft. I say they keep the pick and build on Garrett. If they can hit big on 2 1st round picks, they might have a chance. Cincy is on the way down, so they can start moving up.
    That would be the smart thing to do. They play in a black and blue division, where every team puts heavy emphasis on defense and roughneck football. The old Browns were that, and stayed that after moving to Baltimore. Really, there's only been a few time I can recall high power offenses in the AFC North (the Bengals of 10 years ago, and this year's Steelers are two that come to mind).

vCash
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And now I will officially welcome the NY Giants to the off-season.

First order of business? Cut Newhouse and Flowers loose. They SUCK pure and simple. They are the worst pair of starting tackles in the NFL bar none. I would even take the Jets starting tackles over these two bums. I would rather draft tackles in 3rd, 4th , and 5th rds than start these two wastes of roster spots.

Much as it pains me, it's probably time to cut both JPP and Cruz loose. They are both damaged goods now, and are unlikely to ever return to their previous form. I will always love and appreciate them both for 2011 , but just like Tom Coughlin, their time is up.

We might have to start looking into a replacement for Eli soon as well. He isn't getting any younger.

vCash
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Giants will definitely look to resign JPP - he more than did his part this season, ranked seventh in the league among edge defenders by PFF at W13.

vCash
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HR View Post
    Giants will definitely look to resign JPP - he more than did his part this season, ranked seventh in the league among edge defenders by PFF at W13.
    If it's a deal friendly to our cap I wouldn't object. Like I said, I adore the man for his 2011 season. Same deal with Cruz. But more than likely one of them is going to have to go.

But before they do possibly ANY of that, they need to free up some cap space RIGHT NOW by releasing Flowers and Newhouse.

Thread Information