Thread: NFL 2017 OFFSEASON THREAD

vCash
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: NFL 2017 OFFSEASON THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Guy View Post
    Yeah, the Jets are in full rebuild mode right now. I wouldn't be surprised to see Brandon Marshall and/or Eric Decker be traded in season.
    And Marshall was cut 2 days ago It was his request.

Jets are going to be really bad in 2017 by the looks of it, I think there are going to be quality QBs in the 2018 NFL Draft. Jets need to stay away from drafting one this year.

I'd gladly resign Geno the Jet and let him start in 2017.
    Currently Playing:
    Cosmic Star Heroine(PS4), Rocket League(PS4), Steins;Gate 0(PS4)

vCash
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They better draft Fournette.

vCash
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would trade Sheldon Richardson for Brandin Cooks who Sean Payton hates his guts if the Saints are looking for impact on defense, Jets hired the Saints WR coach Morton to their OC. When bum azzes like Brandon Coleman, and that Willie Snead joker are getting more looked at by Brees, well ya know what. Michael Thomas is alright though, good prospect.

Jets might have to throw another pick to make that more enticing since I think Cooks has 1 more year on his rookie deal than Richardson.

Cooks is too damn good, hope the Pats don't get him.
    Last edited by Blindy; 03-04-2017 at 11:13 PM.
    Currently Playing:

vCash
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was probably, in my opinion, the best year ever for the combine. Lot of great prospects for the draft this year. Can't go wrong with almost anyone.

Myles Garrett looks like a beast, John Ross broke Chris Johnson's 40 record, and all of the defensive backs looked really good out there.

Still My Champ
    Thanks, surrender.

vCash
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zeke Elliott is a fucking idiot.

Not only is he dealing with a domestic violence accusation, but now there's a video surfacing where Elliott pulled down a women's shirt at a St. Patrick's Day party.

Why the fuck do these guys continue to do this if they know that it will get them into big trouble not only with the league, but the law?

Still My Champ
    Thanks, surrender.

They still play defense? The Real LT's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL...Untouchable is going to have a field day with this story....

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/...cid=spartandhp

vCash
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It doesn't shock me one bit , at least the school wasn't paying him 6 times his worth while he drug the entire school district down to mediocrity.

vCash
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UT View Post
    It doesn't shock me one bit , at least the school wasn't paying him 6 times his worth while he drug the entire school district down to mediocrity.
    LOL

vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ryan Grigson aside, is it reasonable to be somewhat optimistic about the Browns being on the way up after the offseason they've had? Zeitler and Tretter are nice upgrades on the offensive line, McCourty is a decent player who can't do anything but help a terrible secondary, they signed Jamie Collins long term when there was doubts he'd stick around, they're going to kick the tyres on Calvin Pryor to see if he can stop his career being a total bust, they give Osweiler a chance to bounce back from being the most ridiculed man in the NFL (and if he doesn't they still get a second round pick next year), and they make four seemingly sensible picks in the first 52 selections to improve a roster that is drastically lacking in talent.

What's the chance they win 6 games this season?

vCash
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't be surprised if Osweiler has a good year next year. I've read that he's actually done pretty well in OTA's and he's going to get a shot to compete for the starting job. I do think the Texans should have kept him for another year. Brock had a good deep ball and that throw in OT in the comeback against Indy was one of the best clutch throws I've seen any Texans QB throw in the 15 years I've been watching this team. He also made some clutch throws against New England in the playoffs but Fuller and CJ dropped them in the end zone, 14 points right there through the fingers and dropped in the end zone. He's a big guy that can take a hit and not get injured too. He's got serious issues and he was being grossly overpaid but I still think he's a little better than people/media put on. Texans fans bailed on him way too early(week 6), which only made things worse for him as from what I gather he was pretty much caught between a power struggle between coach vs GM and was put in a ridiculous situation last year with that contract. I'm actually hoping he surprised some people next year.
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 06-01-2017 at 11:02 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty scummy move by your Jets @Blindy cutting a loyal team player in David Harris this late in the offseason. By all means tank this season and rebuild, but there was no obvious advantage waiting this long and all it's done is hurt/limit his market to catch on somewhere else as an ageing linebacker.

Moving Decker makes more sense as they could potentially get something in a trade for him - although it does Hackenberg no favours at all to prove he could be a legitimate option - maybe an upswing team in need of some more weapons would be interested. Titans?

vCash
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well getting DeMario Davis back in the deal with Cleveland(Good riddance btw, fuck you Calvin Pryor, you fucking quitter. Sees the Jets draft Adams and Maye and curls up like a bitchboy) might have opened up this scenario. Davis was essentially Harris but younger, awful in coverage, decent enough in run stopping.

But I agree that I hate to see David Harris go, Jets wanted him to take a paycut but I thought he still had something in the tank. I hope he latches onto a team like Green Bay or some other 3-4 team besides the Patriots or a division foe. He probably deserved to be let go sooner in the process. One of my favorite all time Jets, he stinks in coverage nowadays and is a 2 down linebacker but boy does the man consistently tackle well.

Nick Mangold still being out there is a damn shame, he should be on someone's roster unless he's asking for the moon.

Eric Decker should still stay on the team but it is what it is. Jets want to give their young WRs like Peake, Hansen, Stewart, Enunwa all the chances in the world. Don't know how this helps out the already mediocre Jets QB group but I guess Decker wants out? If Decker is released, it's a good question as to where he'd go.......maybe Arizona given Fitzgerald is on his final year and the Cards don't have much after him given John Brown had a serious sickle cell condition last year? They're getting his hot wife in any deal too so I would definitely try and land Decker in a move.

Sucks for Matt Forte to spend his final years on a team like this, hope he can be traded to a contender.

Do you think the Jets have a shot for Sam Darnold hr?
    Currently Playing:

vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindy View Post
    Do you think the Jets have a shot for Sam Darnold hr?
    Absolutely, this looks to be one of the poorest rosters I've seen assembled in my time watching the NFL. They only have one position group that looks anywhere above average. I can't see more than 3 wins at this stage, so it's going to be a rough season, but I think they were left with little or no choice but to do this rebuild during Brady's last few years, try and find themselves a franchise QB and look to start contending again in 3-4 years time. The good thing is that everything is pointing towards this being a strong QB class, so if the Rams, 49ers or Browns are equally as shitty they can get Darnold, Jackson or Allen depending on how things end up.

Beat the Devil out of it Leper Messiah's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Myles Garrett limps off field with apparent foot injury

Published: Jun 14, 2017 at 05:33 pm
    Updated: Jun 14, 2017 at 06:13 pm
    We've yet to reach July, but we've had a second mild scare related to No. 1 overall pick Myles Garrett.

The defensive end appeared to injure his foot during minicamp on Wednesday, according to NFL Network's Aditi Kinkhabwala. Garrett walked the full sideline, high-fived some teammates and walked off the field with a slightly more pronounced limp as the team moved indoors due to inclement weather, Kinkhabwala added.

Myles Garrett: 'I'm not preparing to lose, I'm preparing to win'

"Obviously I'll know more once we get inside but I think it's his foot," coach Hue Jackson told reporters after practice. "So we'll see. I don't know how it happened. Those things happen. Hopefully everything's OK and we'll see once we get a chance to go inside."

Jackson added that he thought Garrett's departure from the field without a trainer was "a good sign."

Garrett suffered a high-ankle sprain last September and battled through the pain in his final season at Texas A&M. He's since missed some of Browns OTAs with an undisclosed injury, though that was largely precautionary, according to Jackson.

As with any top pick, these types of things tend to be magnified, especially in the slow build-up to training camp. Worry should be suspended until more information becomes available, even if it is concerning a player who was heralded as a generational talent before the draft.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...nt-foot-injury

Saying getting drafted by the Browns is a curse I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy, but...

vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Titans have surely cemented their position as the off season hype team with the signing of Decker. They have a complete offence on paper now; elite line, two strong running backs, a new balanced WR group and a productive TE - they just need Mariota to stay healthy for a full season and they are surely the AFCS favourites.

vCash
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happy for Decker to be on a very promising team. Good teammate, he was a good Jet for the 3 years he was on the team. Just not durable in the least bit is the lone gripe here.
    Currently Playing:

vCash
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Titans vs Raiders in the AFC Division Title game, while the other half is Pitt vs New England. It's going to be a fun season in the AFC.

vCash
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Patriots sign former Jet David Harris to a 2 yr deal.

vCash
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck you New England. This is worse than Revis IMO. I wanted to see Harris get a ring, now I don't even though the Pats may very well repeat.

Might as well add Mangold while you're at it.
    Currently Playing:

vCash
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I fucking hope Mangold goes over to New England. He's another person who deserves to win a Super Bowl. So fuck it. Fuck the Jets for their incompetence and lack of loyalty to the real motherfuckers who got them where they got for the past few years. David Harris deserves to be on the Patriots and he's going to be an excellent player and even better teammate. The Patriots will be repeating as Super Bowl Champs this year.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Derek Carr - 5 yrs, $125 million.

Holy fuck.

vCash
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's his guaranteed money, in the NFL its the only thing that really matters.

They still play defense? The Real LT's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CK View Post
    What's his guaranteed money, in the NFL its the only thing that really matters.
    $40 million fully guaranteed, $30 more million guaranteed for injuries. Honestly Luck's deal is better, he got $47 million fully guaranteed and $40 million for injuries.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not worth it, no player is worth it

vCash
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's not terrible for Carr , who might be a Top 5 quarterback in the NFL. It sucks that it might hurt the team going forward but he's better than Flacco so the Raiders should still be fine provided they continue to draft well and keep a system in place.

Thread Information