They still play defense? The Real LT's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: NFL 2017 OFFSEASON THREAD

Chiefs need to invest in two new ILB'
    You don't think Derrick Johnson will make it back?

vCash
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Chiefs definitely need some better WRs.

vCash
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Real LT View Post
    You don't think Derrick Johnson will make it back?
    He turns 35 next season and just tore an Achilles for the second time. Even if he makes it back they need depth behind him because he isn't long for the sport, and at his current cap number...

vCash
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Guy View Post
    I doubt they'll do much at this spot. They've got Maclin who was hurt a bit this year but great a year ago, Conley who they are hoping continues to develop, Tyreek Hill at receiver and Kelce as essentially one. I'd be pretty surprised if they spend money on the position.

vCash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah. Between Maclin, Hill, and Kelce their receiving corps is pretty straight. An upgrade at QB would be nice, but is highly unlikely. Smith is still better than a good 75% of the starters out there, I'm just not sure he's good enough to get the Chiefs over the hump.

vCash
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They have the weakest receivers in the AFC West. I don't think Maclin as the 1 is going to get them over the hump, either.

vCash
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They have the weakest receivers in the AFC West. I don't think Maclin as the 1 is going to get them over the hump, either.
    Unless Keenan Allen can play a full season(Which he has trouble doing), the Bolts have the worst core. No true no.1.
    Currently Playing:
    Cosmic Star Heroine(PS4), Rocket League(PS4), Steins;Gate 0(PS4)

vCash
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most of the league has a worse set of receivers than the Raiders and Broncos. Chiefs still won the West. Receiver isn't what's holding them back, it's QB.

vCash
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    Most of the league has a worse set of receivers than the Raiders and Broncos. Chiefs still won the West. Receiver isn't what's holding them back, it's QB.
    It's true, but like you said, they're not going to give up on Alex Smith. Yet.

So for the meantime, get him better weapons. I'm seeing mock drafts with them selecting an OL/G. So maybe that's the route that they're going.

I also have seen a few mocks with the Jets drafting Fournette. That would be awesome, but I don't see the Jets doing it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't looked at a ton of mocks yet, but what I have seen all seem to go safety.

vCash
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BI-LAL Powell needs to stop being disrespected, he deserves to surpass Forte for the No.1 jets RB, he isn't a fluke at this point. He's a legit good RB, not a gamebreaker but don't take a RB with the 6th overall pick. I know nobody knows who Powell is but he's been doing this for like 3 seasons, he got no usage last year due to Forte.

Better go OT or Pass rusher, no other excuse unless you trade down and get a CB. Even if you want to bring Clady back, you can't seriously trust him to protect your QBs blindside next year.
    Currently Playing:

vCash
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you want to be stuck in mediocrity and pass up on someone who is being compared to Adrian Peterson so Bilal "Blob" Powell can be the starter?

You must love losing.

vCash
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you want to be stuck in mediocrity and pass up on someone who is being compared to Adrian Peterson so Bilal "Blob" Powell can be the starter?

You must love losing.
    Not at all, there are bigger priorities on this team and if need meets BPA, you get a LT or pass rusher with the 6th overall pick.

I would live with a Jamaal Charles or David Johnson in Day 2. Neither may be prime AP but if the Jets have to get a RB in Day 2(Which I would not do, in an ideal world OT/Pass Rusher/CB) then get one by round 2 or 3.

I don't know how anyone who watched all of these Jets games do not see that the Jets have glaring holes on the OLine and not a single pass rusher who intimidates offensive coordinators(This has been a decade long problem).
    Currently Playing:

vCash
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've watched just as much Jets games as you and the Jets should take a superstar. They haven't had an offensive superstar since Curtis Martin. Leanord Fournette would be that superstar and bigger. They can draft an O-Line in other rounds.

vCash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to Cable's agent on twitter that Tom Cable is withdraw his name as consideration for the 49ers head coach job and reports that 49ers going to offer Kyle Shannan for the head coaching job when falcons season ends.

Thankfully, Cable withdraw he is the one guy I do not want for the head coaching job.

According to Silver the GM order is Gutekunst 1st, Paton 2nd and Wolf 3rd. Kinda surprise Paton is second I would think Wolf will rank 2nd.

vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Simultaneously terrible news for both Seattle and Atlanta fans!

vCash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any sensible coach would turn the Niners down flat until York sells the team. I'm afraid the franchise is doomed to failure until then.

vCash
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree.

Maybe the #2 overall pick may entice a HC to try and build off of that. This team is just so many pieces short. It's a race between them and the Rams, though on who is going to jump up and take over that division once the Cards are done competing and the Seahawks stumble some more with age.

vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Real LT View Post
    Any sensible coach would turn the Niners down flat until York sells the team. I'm afraid the franchise is doomed to failure until then.
    I don't think it's that bad. Worst case scenario is that you work for one year and get paid for four.

vCash
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Time to welcome the sorry ass Packers to this thread I suppose....

I'm not going to throw McCarthy into my chopping block for wants this season , truth be told he actually did a hell of a job of rallying this team and getting the most out of a depleted roster down the stretch. It's bittersweet but he bought himself a year.

Capers on the other hand I'm beyond sick of , and I understand the excuse of just not having the talent on defense anymore to really compete but I'm really sick of this defense always getting embarrassed on the grandest stages. Yesterday was another microcosm of Capers defenses in big games , horrible discipline and knowledge and horrible 3rd down defense. Leaving guys lined up uncovered on 3rd downs for easy first downs , leaving Julio wide open for 20 yard gains... I've just had enough.

To continue , we need to focus more on defense. Cornerback needs to be addressed with the inevitable release of Shields and neither of our 2nd year guys building on the potential they showed as rookies.

Cut Clay Matthews. I've had enough of this roided up pussy in my football life , when he's not hurt , he's rarely effective. We need to resign Perry as he was far and away our best pass rusher this season and Matthews disappeared for games at a time. Cutting him would save another 15 million we could use to bring back Perry.

I actually liked the play of our ILB's this season , I think Thomas , Martinez and especially Ryan all played well and should keep their jobs.

To sum up the defense - cornerbacks and pass rushers. Get rid of Matthews , although that won't happen.

Offensively , I don't see TJ Lang being brought back , which is a shame because that guy is a warrior and one of the best guards in the league. His salary and age aren't going to lend him to being resigned though and I think we like what we seen of Spriggs in spot duty this season.

Running back is going to be interesting with Lacy underperforming and getting injured and being up for a contract. Honestly I could see him being back on a one year prove it deal and teaming with Montgomery next season and I wouldn't hate that at all. We need depth behind them though. I also wouldn't hate blowing the hole thing up and drafting McCaffery either , just because I'm a huge McCaffery fan and I think he could do some special things in this offense.

James Starks is the worst football player in the world this season and needs to get cut. No way can we pay that bum 4 or 5 million this year for simply being a decent pass protector.

Ripkowski had a great year but his fumble changed the game , fuck him , get him out of here.

It's going to be an interesting offseason in Green Bay for sure.

vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I absolutely cracked up at Dom Capers being called Teflon Dom on a podcast - such a perfect nickname. This guy should be forced to donate the majority of his salary from the past few years to the Aaron Rodgers Foundation, because Rodgers is the only reason taking this team to the playoffs year in year out, and the defences ineptitude is the sole reason that he only has one ring despite being the most efficient quarterback in history.

In Rodgers seven career playoff losses, the Packers defence has given up an average of 36.3 points per game.

vCash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Capers has been living off the 2010 season for 7 years now, because the was THE last time the Packers defense was any good. They've been mediocre to flat out soft since then.

vCash
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HR View Post
    I absolutely cracked up at Dom Capers being called Teflon Dom on a podcast - such a perfect nickname. This guy should be forced to donate the majority of his salary from the past few years to the Aaron Rodgers Foundation, because Rodgers is the only reason taking this team to the playoffs year in year out, and the defences ineptitude is the sole reason that he only has one ring despite being the most efficient quarterback in history.

In Rodgers seven career playoff losses, the Packers defence has given up an average of 36.3 points per game.
    Teflon Dom is right , I fear though that the rash of injuries this year is going to buy him another round next season though. Are you talking about Around The NFL by chance?

The fact is though that Clay Matthews isn't living up to the hype or money anymore though , he is another as LT said is living off past success. The excuses have been made the past few years about him playing out of position because of our lack of inside linebackers but that excuse is gone. Even with legitimate pass rushers around him like Perry and Peppers this season , Clay struggled to make an impact in a number of games when he was actually on the field. And again his lack of success comes ready made with the excuse of being injured , but that's part of the problem with Clay - he is always fucking injured. I'd seriously love to see the Packers first explore some trade options with him this offseason , there has too be some team out there that would pay up for his name recognition and potential of the past.

Sell him to a franchise like Cleveland with the cap space and lack of star power , the Jaguars would be a good sell too. The Colts don't have Ryan Grigson anymore otherwise I know we could get a 2nd rounder for him from them. Still though at this point I'd take a third round pick for the guy and cut out losses. Go forward with Perry , see what he got in Fackrell and draft some other guys to platoon that spot opposite Perry. I don't care at this point , I've had enough of his out of control pass rushing , horrible run discipline and his vagina always aching all over the field.

This defense needs a makeover , and it has to start with the "face" of the defense for the past seven years or so. This is Haha and Mike Daniels defense , and they need some better running mates.

vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes I've been listening to ATL religiously this season! They have the perfect balance of comedy and serious analysis - love the show.

I think the #1 position of need has to be cornerback. They desperately need to get someone who is capable of limiting the top threat receivers in the league. Randall, Rollins and Gunter combined to allow 25 touchdowns against 5 interceptions, and all allowed QB rankings over 110 for the season which is awful. They're all young (and all played better last season than this) so I'm not writing them off completely, but I think they definitely need to add an experienced, more reliable corner to sure things up.

vCash
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HR View Post
    Yes I've been listening to ATL religiously this season! They have the perfect balance of comedy and serious analysis - love the show.

I think the #1 position of need has to be cornerback. They desperately need to get someone who is capable of limiting the top threat receivers in the league. Randall, Rollins and Gunter combined to allow 25 touchdowns against 5 interceptions, and all allowed QB rankings over 110 for the season which is awful. They're all young (and all played better last season than this) so I'm not writing them off completely, but I think they definitely need to add an experienced, more reliable corner to sure things up.
    Get cha` Dan Hanzus!

I agree though , they are the #1 football podcast out there and balance the art of entertainment and informative better than anyone. Part of me wishes for better things for them and their own show on television but I also know that if they went mainstream they would be watered down and more talking heads.

Cornerback is a need , Shields at this point is 99.9% out the door with his concussion issues. It sucks because he really was coming into his own as a #1 corner and his injury did totally change the defense. I admire the work Gunter did this season , he isn't a #1 guy , he just doesn't have the physical tools but he played his heart out and really made a difference for this defense. Without him we would of been even worse , which says alot. Randall lost his confidence and couldn't stay healthy , I'm hoping it mirrors Adams year last year and he can break out of it because he certainly has a knack for big plays. I've lost faith in Rollins.

Cornerback should be addressed though , I don't think you can find a #1 corner picking that late in the draft , it's a hard position to come in and make a difference right away at unless you're Jalen Ramsey. I don't know what's going to be out there in free agency and I don't think it matters because Thompson isn't going to just pony up for anyone. Really makes me hate getting rid of Casey Hayward even more. I repped that dude in a sig for years , he leaves Green Bay and becomes an All Pro...

Thread Information