Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: UFC 207: Rousey vs Nunes

vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: UFC 207: Rousey vs Nunes

I am laughing my ass off that Ronda can't even handle 2 losses in her professional career without acting like a total cunt and trying to retire. What a classless, self-entitled cunt. She can't even be humbled enough to improve her game and try to become a better fighter, instead she quits.

PW Tag Team Champion!! HilaryFan's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny as fuck, I am so happy. She's completely and utterly classless, and good riddance to her

( ?_?) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

Currently Playing: Suikoden 1, Max Payne 1, Beyond Good and Evil, MGS Peace Walker

Tetris Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

vCash
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never thought i'd see Ronda Rousey look so outclassed, it's truly shocking.

A ton and a half of credit to Rad for this superb artwork

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    It's so nice knowing i'm no longer alone

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To me it seemed ronda didnt seem hungry for this fight, The rumours where around that she was going to retire no matter the outcome. Probably checked out of the fighting business a year ago and just came in to help Dana out. But here's hoping she comes into WWE.

Wasn't too shock at the outcome as the way nunes destroyed Tate a couple of months ago. Absolute beast.

Also don't get the hate ronda is getting from a lot of people.

vCash
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I don't think she retired out of saltiness. I think it was the plan all along. Yeah, she's pretty classless, but we knew that for awhile. It's nice to watch top tier assholes/cunts fall off the top, but I sort of felt bad for her. In sports though, you don't always get the luxury of walking out a winner. Majority don't.

Asteroids Champion! Breakout Champion!
    vCash
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Wow, Amanda Nunes is an incredible striker. Her accuracy is unbelievable. One of the best striking performances I've ever seen. Ronda didn't stand a chance.

vCash
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Da Gr8t I Is View Post
    Rhonda is a punk. She is classless in victory and classless in defeat. Even Hollywood won't want any part of her and her sour attitude. Also, who wants to watch a movie where the "badass" character got KO'd in her last two fights? She has completely destroyed her marketability and fan-appeal.
    WWE will be all over this though and I would not be shocked if Rousey and Stephanie join forces in a match with the top upcoming baby face like a Bayley or if they bring in Asuka over to RAW.

The WWE can use another heel diva who gets booed besides Charlotte. Ronda and her 3 other buddies would bring a lot to the WWE product from a women's perspective.

Currently Playing:
    Persona 5(PS4), Donkey Kong Country 3(New 3DS), Gex: Enter The Gecko(PS3) Rocket League(PS4)

vCash
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched the fight and I am confused by most of your perceptions of Rousey. Also a little confused of what you think being classless means.

To me she didnt look classless, she just looked unmotivated. Add to that the statement her mother made on her blog that rationalised her defeat by mentioning all that she has accomplished and it just screams her heart just wasnt in it. Not being emotionally invested isnt necesarily something we should be criticized. People changing is just a part of life.

vCash
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brock got whipped by Overeem in his final UFC fight before returning to the WWE and becoming a force and despite his failed drug test a few months back is still a top ticket draw for the WWE.

Rousey is fine with the WWE. Punk would be back despite his shit showing in the UFC if the feeling was mutual of returning and with a big lawsuit still in the process.

Both were former champs sure while Rousey isn't but Rousey of the 3 was FAR more established and dominant in her weight class too. As long as Rousey does not burn her bridges with the WWE, she will have a home with the WWE. WWE took Mike Tyson post Holyfield incident.

Currently Playing:
    Persona 5(PS4), Donkey Kong Country 3(New 3DS), Gex: Enter The Gecko(PS3) Rocket League(PS4)

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those of you who do not understand the hatred for Ronda it is very simple to explain. She is the epitome of dishes it out but cant take it school yard bully. Talks all this shit for years but the second she loses has a mental breakdown and god forbid anyone in the press criticize her. Newsflash all athletes in every sport get criticized, it comes with the territory learn to deal like everyone else.

Take your cues from Cruz. That guy is a true fucking class act champion. Go watch his post fight press conference. Thats how you deal with a loss. Conor loses to Nate and says fuck that lets go again immediately. Thats what you do. Cruz, Conor, countless others have talked massive amounts of shit, lost and fucking shook the winners hand like a true athlete does at the end of a fight and congratulated their opponent. Not Ronda though, nope boohoo I lost, fuck her

For the record I've hated Ronda since TUF. Granted she brought eyes to the female side of MMA but she's also been exposed as a one trick pony Judoku, the least successful form of fighting in MMA. The fact that she and her coach think she knows how to strike is laughable, why because she knocked out an accountant turned MMA fighter?

I am not threatened by any man whose name is three letters.

- Damien Sandow
    in response to RVD's return

vCash
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang Bang View Post
    For those of you who do not understand the hatred for Ronda it is very simple to explain. She is the epitome of dishes it out but cant take it school yard bully. Talks all this shit for years but the second she loses has a mental breakdown and god forbid anyone in the press criticize her. Newsflash all athletes in every sport get criticized, it comes with the territory learn to deal like everyone else.

Take your cues from Cruz. That guy is a true fucking class act champion. Go watch his post fight press conference. Thats how you deal with a loss. Conor loses to Nate and says fuck that lets go again immediately. Thats what you do. Cruz, Conor, countless others have talked massive amounts of shit, lost and fucking shook the winners hand like a true athlete does at the end of a fight and congratulated their opponent. Not Ronda though, nope boohoo I lost, fuck her

For the record I've hated Ronda since TUF. Granted she brought eyes to the female side of MMA but she's also been exposed as a one trick pony Judoku, the least successful form of fighting in MMA. The fact that she and her coach think she knows how to strike is laughable, why because she knocked out an accountant turned MMA fighter?

vCash
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll always love Ronda just for being interesting, I get bored with plain jane MMA fighters, I like interesting characters and I like how Ronda brings the intensity into her fights. Her finish of Alexis Davis with the Judo slam so hard it shook the Octagon will always be one of my favorite finishes I've ever seen in any MMA fight. She was on one hell of a run and her impact on the sport can not be denied, Nunes only made $200,000 well guess what, UFC doesn't grow money on trees they have to have people pack up and travel and buy tickets to shows, coming into this fight you could've done all the promoting of Nunes you wanted, you could have rolled her around in shit and she still wouldn't have been able to draw flies. Without what Ronda did over the past couple of years Nunes would be lucky to get a fight for $5,000 somewhere.

So much of it is that Ronda self destructed or defeated herself, some of that may be true but at the end of the day it's all on Amanda Nunes, hungry sharp fighter, butch big girl for her division, uses her reach well and has some serious punching power and speed. Women's MMA has passed Ronda up, the same way men's MMA passed up Royce Gracie and Ken Shamrock and Chuck Liddell and the same way it will eventually pass up all of today's champions including Amanda Nunes, the sport moves fast and it never stops moving but it takes fighters like Ronda to push it forward, that's what she should be remembered for but she won't, she'll be remembered as self righteous bitch cunt failure because internet culture is garbage.

No doubt about it though, Ronda did look bad. Absolutely no head movement, she walked into Nunes' punches, really sloppy punches she was trying to throw in the exchanges leaving herself wide open and not even trying to cover up. I think Ronda's problem is bad coaching and bad management, her coaches and the UFC matchmakers threw away a fucking gold mine, taking 13 months off and coming back to fight Nunes was really stupid to begin with, as was rushing into the Holly Holm fight on short notice. Based on Ronda's strategy in that fight I'm wondering if Ronda and her coaches even seen what Nunes did to Meisha Tate.

ECW: Fuck The Bullshit

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

delete
    Last edited by Omar_Little2; 01-01-2017 at 09:00 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiMusashi View Post
    she'll be remembered as self righteous bitch cunt failure because internet culture is garbage.
    Being a complete asshole to her opponents before AND after she beat them, not shaking your opponent's hand or congratulating them when she loses, blaming everyone else instead of owning up when she loses are all reasons she'll be remembered for being a cunt, because she behaved like one. Not because the internet said so.

Conor is a grade A asshole when he is selling a fight. The second it's over he has nothing but great things to say of his opponent win or lose. Cruz' behavoir after he lost is another example.

People aren't just magically labeled a cunt or asshole. Their behavoir garners them those labels. It just so happens it's to someone you like
    Last edited by Bang Bang; 01-02-2017 at 02:30 PM.

- Damien Sandow

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Her legacy will be fine. She'll be remember in twenty, thirty years time as the woman who got WMMA into the UFC and brought it to a huge level while being a big star. Unless she burns her bridges with the UFC, which is probably unlikely given how close her and Dana are, they aren't about to start discrediting her because of who she is as a person. Mike Tyson went to jail for rape and bit a lad's ear off in a fight while talking about wanting to eat an opponent's children and he's still remembered fondly. Ali was a huge cunt as well and has always been remembered fondly even before his death. No reason why Ronda won't be either unless the UFC actively decides to rewrite history.

They still play defense? The Real LT's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the record I've hated Ronda since TUF.
    TUF honestly made me dislike Miesha more than Rousey. She provoked EVERY confrontation on the show, and then tried to play the nice girl act.

PW Tag Team Champion!! HilaryFan's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One difference between Ronda and Tyson/Ali is that they were never completely outclassed and humiliated(twice in a row!!) while in their prime years

( ?_?) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

Currently Playing: Suikoden 1, Max Payne 1, Beyond Good and Evil, MGS Peace Walker

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a beatdown

Fo fo fo fo... for life patrick94's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cody's dance moves need a little work. Other than that, he dominated Cruz round after round.

Amanda walking over Ronda like she was nothing was fun to watch
    "Pro wrestling is the greatest sport in the world"- Shinsuke Nakamura.

vCash
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang Bang View Post
    Being a complete asshole to her opponents before AND after she beat them, not shaking your opponent's hand or congratulating them when she loses, blaming everyone else instead of owning up when she loses are all reasons she'll be remembered for being a cunt, because she behaved like one. Not because the internet said so.

Conor is a grade A asshole when he is selling a fight. The second it's over he has nothing but great things to say of his opponent win or lose. Cruz' behavoir after he lost is another example.

People aren't just magically labeled a cunt or asshole. Their behavoir garners them those labels. It just so happens it's to someone you like
    If you say so man, I don't know, I just watch the fights. Ronda and Conor really shook things up and made MMA interesting to me again, was getting super bored with it there for a while(I miss Pride).

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiMusashi View Post
    If you say so man, I don't know, I just watch the fights. Ronda and Conor really shook things up and made MMA interesting to me again, was getting super bored with it there for a while(I miss Pride).
    I agree with you 100%. My only point was Ronda has zero sportsmanship and is just a flat out asshole of a person, unlike Conor. Not because the internet said so but because thats how she behaves.

I won't take away her bringing eyes to the sport and establishing a division, I just wish she conducted herself better after fights especially in defeat.

- Damien Sandow

Commitment to Excellence ORaider27's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even after the outcome of the Nunez fight, I still love Rhonda. But, that fight was so completely one sided.

Tip to all fighters out there: eating punches is not a good defense.
    Insei makes the best banners and avs
    "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all."
    "It is the responsibility of intellectuals to speak the truth and expose lies."
    Both quotes by Noam Chomsky
    "We are all Africans." -- Richard Dawkins
    Sports Empire HOF 2008 PW HOF 2015

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it went to her head...and maybe she never was that great...not good for the womens division cause she was a draw.

vCash
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't agree with this notion going around that Ronda was some type of overhyped fraud. Make no mistake about it she was damn good, she may not have been "Once in a lifetime greatest athlete on earth" that they were hyping up but she was a damn phenom in MMA no doubt about it, she was in a lot of matchups where she was in over her head experience wise and she dominated, the finish of Zingano and Davis was top level stuff no doubt. She had a lot of holes in her striking game, I pointed them out in her win over Correira, but you got to realize that she was a Judoka that only had a few years of striking training. All things considered she actually picked up striking really well compared to some other martial artists that crossed over into MMA in the past. Ronda fell into the same trap that Shamrock and Liddell and countless other legends did, stuck in the same routine training with their best buddies instead of somebody that pushes and challenges them, getting stale while the rest of the sport evolved around and past them.
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 01-23-2017 at 02:24 AM.

Thread Information