Thread: Russian Ambassador to Turkey assassinated in Ankara.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Russian Ambassador to Turkey assassinated in Ankara.

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/world/ru...ting-1.3903173

Reports trickling out now that he's dead. Appears that one of his guards carried out the attack.

Russia, Iran and Turkey are to meet tomorrow in Moscow regarding the conflict in Syria.

What are we looking at here? People are saying this is a politically motivated attack and relating it to Franz Ferdinand. Your thoughts?

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Russian Ambassador to Turkey assassinated in Ankara.

Look at this picture (warning: body on floor, no gore): https://twitter.com/haaretzcom/statu...90366517911552

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope Putin bombs Turkey to the stone age.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's a video of the shooting out there since lots of media were present. Easy to find, won't post it here.

The gunman speaks in Turkish and shouts "don't forget Aleppo, don't forget Syria. As long as our mothers are not safe no one will be safe."

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    What are we looking at here? People are saying this is a politically motivated attack and relating it to Franz Ferdinand. Your thoughts?
    Take Me Out was a great track, but not one I would kill for...

This will not be another assassination of an archduke unless Trump goes hard-line on Putin, which he will not. Putin I assume is ending the Syrian conflict after this. While not it is not in the US interests to let him take the region, really I think our hands our tied. This is an act that justifies intervention, and possibly an act of war. We need to just drop the notion that Anas al-Abdah will become president of Syria. The US should not be aiding rebels seeking to overthrow a country anyway. That is the politics that send this region back to the stone age and started this conflict in the first place.

Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

@Foos

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The archduke comparisons are a bit much, yeah. I would be lying if I said my mind didn't immediately go there, but I know the world was far different 100 years ago.

Trump and Putin are best bros. But that worries me. What are the chances Putin moves on Syria and asks the United States to come along? What if Putin says "fuck Turkey as well," and lumps them in?

vCash
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Engel View Post
    Take Me Out was a great track, but not one I would kill for...

This will not be another assassination of an archduke unless Trump goes hard-line on Putin, which he will not. Putin I assume is ending the Syrian conflict after this. While not it is not in the US interests to let him take the region, really I think our hands our tied. This is an act that justifies intervention, and possibly an act of war. We need to just drop the notion that Anas al-Abdah will become president of Syria. The US should not be aiding rebels seeking to overthrow a country anyway. That is the politics that send this region back to the stone age and started this conflict in the first place.
    Do you mean started the conflict in the first place as in Iraq, or started in the first place with the Iranian revolution? This region of the world is all but lawless and shall remain as such.

Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    The archduke comparisons are a bit much, yeah. I would be lying if I said my mind didn't immediately go there, but I know the world was far different 100 years ago.

Trump and Putin are best bros. But that worries me. What are the chances Putin moves on Syria and asks the United States to come along? What if Putin says "fuck Turkey as well," and lumps them in?
    Then the people that voted for Donald Trump get what they want. Continued war on the Middle East, and given that Putin will now be involved, it could border on cataclysmic.

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was using our interference in the Mossadegh coup. We flipped Iran then regretted it since when that entire area was lost to extreme radials.

Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

@Foos

Thread Information