Thread: Nintendo Switch

vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Nintendo Switch

Quote Originally Posted by Blindy View Post
    What the 80 dollar controller didn't entice you to switch alliances to Nintendo Hypeman?
    I added up what it would cost me and my wife to get this:

Switch: $300. Pro controller for comfortable playing: $70. Another pair of waggle controllers if some games require them for 2 player: $80. Dock for waggle controllers: $30. Two 128 GB SD cards: $80. USB ethernet adapter: $10. Yearly fee so I can trade Pokemon with my friends: Anywhere from $30-$60?

Getting two of these like every other Nintendo handheld is never happening. Out of the gate this would cost us $570 plus whatever the internet fee is. Fuck that, we'd rather get a Vive or a 1080 Ti for that price.

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by whocares View Post

Another thing, the 32GB of internal memory doesn't seem to be that big of an issue when you consider that Switch games aren't gonna be that huge in file size; Saves will more than likely be stored on the cartridges; And SD cards with lots of space are relatively cheap as hell.

vCash
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not defending the small hard drive here, but do you guys ever delete stuff from your consoles? I have never once come close to filling my PS3/4...

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ive deleted around 60 to 70 games on my PS4 for storage reasons. Its gotten to the point that every new game I buy that another game has to be deleted.

vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ness View Post
    Not defending the small hard drive here, but do you guys ever delete stuff from your consoles? I have never once come close to filling my PS3/4...
    I don't mind deleting games off of consoles but I would rather not for my portable games since I don't know when I may be playing on them without internet access.

vCash
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After I've accomplished as much as I can with the game, I usually deleted it, and use it as trade bait.

Still My Champ
    Thanks, surrender.

vCash
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep, my PS3 is on very limited space and my PS4 has big GB games on like Overwatch, TLOU and Uncharted 4 which means unless I want to delete those and run the risk of maybe wanting to play them again and having to wait a long time for the download, I will always be careful with my downloads and have to pick/choose my deletions.

I just hope Nintendo does not institute this on the New 3DS that I have but they will......wonder how that effects Streetpass. Can you not do half of the things on that without a Nintendo online subscription?

The only good thing about a Nintendo subscription is this means Nintendo will be forced to slash off prices of their 1st party online games which they seldom (And that's being nice) end up doing. Their black friday sale was all Capcom with the Phoenix Wright games and Monster Hunter.
    Last edited by Blindy; 01-14-2017 at 09:42 AM.

Currently Playing:
    Wipeout Omega Collection(PS4), Rocket League(PS4)

vCash
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the switch premier in London. Ill be testing everything and fill you in.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ Wyoming
    Maybe so, but at least I'm not a fucking loser. You and your country is our bitch! Been that way for a couple of centuries. And Canada (technically part of your "empire") is our bitch which makes Owens our bitch. Deal with it.
    Don't worry, he's only making PW great again

vCash
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's my takeaways after a hands on with the switch.

-When using it as a tablet, it feels a lot less cumbersome and clunky, unlike the Wii U Gamepad.

- The joycons feels weird.

- The right joystick really is in a poor place. The reasoning for this is the hardware to read amiibo's and skylanders is under that stick, hence it's location, but trying to push the buttons can be an issue as you can accidentally flick the right stick.

- Street Fighter II played great. Just like it did 20 years ago. What gives?

- Zelda is fantastic.

- Arms was a lot of fun.

- 1 2 Switch has no business being a seperate title. It's funny, but it should be bundled with the console like Wii Sports was.

- Disgaea 5 was there, and another RPG called Has Been Heroes.

- Splatoon 2 looked great. Mario Oddysey was there only as a trailer.

- Pro controller is much better, as expected.

Overall, I liked it more than I thought I would, but I'm still not convince to get one as of yet.

Maybe so, but at least I'm not a fucking loser. You and your country is our bitch! Been that way for a couple of centuries. And Canada (technically part of your "empire") is our bitch which makes Owens our bitch. Deal with it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with you Falcone, not sure why Nintendo did not bundle 1-2 Switch over with the Switch. I can't imagine many will spend separately to get it for $50 bucks and you want to think that people spending 300+ on can get something to play off the bat.

50 dollars to experience this.
    Last edited by Blindy; 01-15-2017 at 10:42 AM.

Currently Playing:
    Wipeout Omega Collection(PS4), Rocket League(PS4)

vCash
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So now that the dust has settled...

Nintendo's presentation of the Switch was poorly thought out. They informed us of a lot of new features, but failed to go into all the necessary details. Case in point is the online service, you can't just announce it as a paid service and leave it at that. You have to inform consumers what they're paying for exactly and what we'd be expected to pay.

Not only did Nintendo fail to inform us of those features, they covered a lot of ground we already knew. The Switch reveal trailer was great because it informed you in three minutes all the different ways you could experience the Switch - we didn't need a quarter of the presentation to cover that group, save it for the press junket.

1, 2 Switch is an insult. It's the Wii Music of the Switch and nobody is going to want a bar of it. It's the worst Nintendo game I've ever seen, especially at that price point.

Essentially it was just a poor follow up and Nintendo has to respond quickly if they want this platform to succeed. They need to outline the online service and announce some more exclusive titles to entice consumers. The price wasn't great, but I don't think it's that big of a deal either. The only problem is launching it now instead of holding off to ensure there's a nice list of games available at launch and just some poor design choices on top of that.

Also, I could be alone on this, but I get the feeling that the only reason Breath of the Wild was delayed was to release it alongside the Switch. We could have had that game during the holiday season and it would have been glorious but instead we had to wait for Nintendo to port it onto the Switch. I'm glad they didn't outright cancel the Wii U version, but just thinking about that bugs me.

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watching the Switch video again... with snarky commentary over it... and Ninty said online services would be free until Fall 2017. Which I assume is why they gave no further details on paid online... Because I don't think they've made any final decisions on the pricing. Early adopters may actually influence how Ninty structures their paid online services.

vCash
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone on Reddit had a great idea.

A subscription service like Netflix where we get access to Nintendos vast catalogue of games fron NES, SNES and others.

vCash
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So PS Now?

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Falcone View Post
    Someone on Reddit had a great idea.

A subscription service like Netflix where we get access to Nintendos vast catalogue of games fron NES, SNES and others.
    That's actually a really good idea but of course Nintendo would charge around $500 a month for such a thing.

Of course they would release a new NES, SNES, N64, and GameCube controller for $60 a pop.

vCash
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Something like the Sega Channel would be awesome!

Although I'm not really interested in games I've long moved on from...

vCash
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'Somebody on Reddit' must have aped the idea from the hundreds who saw how big Netflix was blowing up in the late 00s/early 10s and thought Nintendo should get it on the mix.

As JPC alluded to, it would depend entirely on how much Nintendo was going to charge. $9.99 a month seems like an attractive offer, with higher packages if you want to access more parts of the library. $9.99 gets you every 2D system, but if you want 3D on top of that then it will be $14.99 with maybe 19.99 being the most expensive, but you gain access to Wii U and Switch titles.

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of subscription services. I've never been a big fan of the commitment and don't feel like I get my money's worth. Even the WWE Network which was a bargain given the content was largely just sitting idly by since my net connection is awful and I found the WWE media player to be obnoxious.

So I'd be completely fine if Nintendo simply did the following...

- Tied all 3DS and Wii U purchases to a single account, allowing me to download those purchases for free on the Switch. (certain exclusions would be acceptable)
    - Made an effort to release their back catalogue.

So I wanted to go further into that point. Not only do I want to see all the first party titles and third party classics, but I'd love to see more licensed titles and imports on the system. Now I could be wrong, but I feel like if Nintendo made it a big deal in their Directs, fans would be eager to play these games if there was an annual tradition where for a limited time only you can access a bunch of Disney Capcom games or translated Japanese games. Not only would Nintendo save on the royalty, you maybe able to attract consumers because certain titles would be rare and would only be available for a select amount of dates. On top of that, it allows you to gauge demand, so you're not just releasing a Sword of Mana 2 and hoping for the best.

- Improved emulation
    - Tied everything to an account and not to a console.
    - Better specials

If they gave me those five things, I'd be able to overlook the price and jump right on board.

A portable GameCube and N64 player is worth $470.

Thread Information