View Poll Results: MULTIPLE CHOICE: Vote for your favourite feds!

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heavy Mike's Immortal Rising

0 0%
  • T-Money's WPW

3 42.86%
  • RT's WWE Noire

0 0%
  • Jeff's PoweRAW

3 42.86%
  • WP's WWE: Justice

0 0%
  • Aussie Mike's WCW: The Return

0 0%
  • Falcone's OMG! Championship Wrestling

0 0%
  • The Kid's KWF V

1 14.29%
  • WMS' ROH - Revisited

2 28.57%
  • PB's WWE Legacy: Season II

3 42.86%
  • Rad's ECW

1 14.29%
  • WMS' NWA: Resurrection

3 42.86%
  • Kemis' CHIKARA

4 57.14%
  • Zap's Hostile City Wrestling

2 28.57%
  • TMMW's WCW

4 57.14%
  • Other - Please write-in below

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The 2016 Fan Fiction Year End Awards - Nominations & Discussion

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The 2016 Fan Fiction Year End Awards - Nominations & Discussion

Nominations & Discussion

The year is winding down and that means one thing: we're going to give ourselves a much-deserved pat on the back!

In recent years, participation for this has dwindled. So we're doing things differently to try and make the process both painless and more fun. I'll keep this simple, so check out the list of changes RIGHT HERE, IN PW FAN FICTION:

-Use this thread to nominate as many feds/writers/characters/etc for as many categories as you want.
    -The top five nominees in each category will be posted in a poll for Fan Fic to vote on.
    -If a category has fewer than five nominees, that's fine.
    -If only one thing gets nominated, you're the winner by default! Congrats!
    -Each poll will have a write-in option because we're a democracy, damn it.

Pretty easy, right? WMS & I hope participation will increase with this change. We'll all do the hard part of digging up old and forgotten feds together and nominating them here, then the voting process makes choosing a winner easy for everyone. Links to each nominee's thread will be posted in the poll so anyone undecided or coming in to Fan Fic just to vote can check out the work with ease.

The second part of the awards was all WMS' idea and a good one at that. If you'll notice, there are a bunch of old feds in a poll attached to this thread. Please vote on your favourites (you can vote for more than one) because we'll be taking the top four feds to get votes and inducting them to the Archives at the Awards show. We kind of dropped the ball in the second half of the year on inductions so we're doing a mass induction to make up for it and also make this year end show extra special.

So there you have it. The categories are listed below so start digging!

Fed of the Year
    Fan Fic's ultimate prize. What is the one fed that stood out more than any other in 2016?
    2015 Winner: Big Evil's WWF 1997

Most Valuable Player
    Arguably the most honorable prize to receive in Fan Fiction. Who did the most for the forum in 2015?
    2015 Winner: Big Evil

Non-Wrestling Fed of the Year
    Fan Fic isn't wrestling exclusive. What non-wrestling piece of work wowed you more than any other this year?
    2015 Winner: RT's "The Superstar Project"

Show of the Year
    Often the best written shows go a long way in deciding our best fed. What show stood out for you in 2015?
    2015 Winner: Shinobi's ECW "Living Dangerously"

Best Match Writer
    Who consistently wrote the best matches in 2015?
    2015 Winners: ShinobiMusashi, Big Evil, WMS & Noni

Best Promo Writer
    2015 Winner: RT

Most Under Appreciated
    Who deserves more love?!
    2015 Winners: Ness, Baker & Sea Slug

Gone Too Soon Award
    Which fed did you enjoy that you strongly felt met an untimely demise?
    2015 Winners: AM's ECW, Jeff's aPw, Kem's Lords of Combat & WMS' ROH All-Stars

vCash
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The 2016 Fan Fiction Year End Awards - Nominations & Discussion

Winner by default?!

Man of the world.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    So there you have it. The categories are listed below so start digging!
    >Doesn't list the categories.

Idiot mods. Categories will be up momentarily.

vCash
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    >Doesn't list the categories.

Idiot mods. Categories will be up momentarily.

Big thanks to Surrender!

PW Accolades

Spoiler

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"YOU FUCKED UP! YOU FUCKED UP! YOU FUCKED UP!"

Categories are up in the OP.

vCash
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm dumb
    Last edited by Kid Jericho; 12-06-2016 at 06:45 PM.

[π: WWPID?] ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

vCash
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My time has come.

Fan Fic HOF Class 1

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Jericho View Post
    Seriously… Why would I just left off this???
    This.
    The Phenom of Fan Fiction.
    Cheers to KustoM for the banner.

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain...

≡≡≡≡|≡≡≡≡

vCash
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EDIT: KJ making me look like a jackass.
    Last edited by PI; 12-06-2016 at 07:18 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is why you shouldn't look at PW while you're in a meeting… I thought that was fed of the year voting.

vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best thing I've seen written in fan fic this year has been RT's show he did in his split with WMS, great shit. I nominate that for everything.

≡≡≡≡|≡≡≡≡

vCash
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My personal list of nominees so far...

Fed of the Year
    Fan Fic's ultimate prize. What is the one fed that stood out more than any other in 2016?
    2016 Nominees (in no particular order):
    ECW: The 2002 (R)Evolution by ShinobiMusashi
    LoneStar Wrestling: Rebirth by Kid Jericho
    Big Evil's WWF 1997 by Big Evil
    Big Evil's WWF 1998 by Big Evil
    Rebooking the New Generation by Baker

Most Valuable Player
    Arguably the most honorable prize to receive in Fan Fiction. Who did the most for the forum in 2015?
    ShinobiMusashi
    Kid Jericho
    Big Evil
    Baker
    WMS
    RT

Fan Fic isn't wrestling exclusive. What non-wrestling piece of work wowed you more than any other this year?
    The Ultimate Fighting Championship by ShinobiMusashi
    New Generation Wrestling by Baker (personally I'm not sure if I can categorize this as a "typical" wrestling fed...
    Koopa All-Stars by Ness
    Formula 1 - (Fast Cars - High Drama - Loose Morals) by Jake

Show of the Year
    Often the best written shows go a long way in deciding our best fed. What show stood out for you in 2015?
    No idea, to be honest... but probably something from Big Evil, Baker or Kid Jericho's feds. Each had such solid runs of excellent PPVs and even TVs in some cases. Hard to whittle down to one. I might obstain. I'm also open to suggestions/persuasion in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiMusashi View Post
    Best thing I've seen written in fan fic this year has been RT's show he did in his split with WMS, great shit. I nominate that for everything.

Best Match Writer
    Who's got time or the attention to read a full-length match anymore? Who even really posts full-length matches anymore? I think Noni, Sea Slug, and Juan Rocamora jump out to me as (overlooked?) examples of guys who write up matches the real old school way. But I only skim those matches... so is that a good thing? Maybe this category should evolve somehow. Best Match Summary? I dunno... I'll come back to this one. Open to suggestions/persuasions in the meantime.

Best Promo Writer
    Open to suggestions/persuasion. With the summary format sweeping Fan Fiction, I feel like this category and Best Match Writer kinda no longer have as much of a place. That said, if a gun was held to my head, right now I'm leaning toward KJ for some of the promos dropped in LSW. Big Evil is another shoutout too for how his writing really echoes the voices of the characters that he's portraying... it's just tough to give him the edge though considering he has real life source material to base his promos on whereas something like LSW or Shin's ECW are more "original" (put in quotes so as not to be a knock per se on Big Evil's rebooks... which I love... in other words, please don't take that comment as any kind of disrespect, Ev! )

Most Under Appreciated
    Who deserves more love?!
    Big Evil (seriously... his production rate and quality is so amazing and inproportionate (IMO) to the amount of love that he gets.
    Baker (maybe he'd be more appreciated if he didn't mess around with New Generation Wrestling and just stuck with Rebooking the New Generation! )
    Rad (looking at my "Gone Too Soon" shoutouts, maybe Rad would be more appreciated if he'd stick with a fed... he's clearly got enough talent to grab my eye and get me excited!)
    Jake
    The Dazz
    Pduh
    Noni
    Sea Slug
    Juan Rocamora

Gone Too Soon Award
    Which fed did you enjoy that you strongly felt met an untimely demise?
    PW2: StrikeBack! by Solid Mike
    WCW 2000- The New Millennium by BattleTank
    WCW - A Wrestling Wiki by Rad
    WWE - Brand Redemption by Rad
    WCW Revivification - An EWR Diary by Rad
    WWE - Smackdown vs. Raw by Rad & Dazz
    aPw | a NETFLIX original series by Jeff
    Last edited by PI; 12-06-2016 at 07:22 PM.
    : 04/02/11}:forever&always
    ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
    http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=121686

vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the shout for my UFC fed @PI but I don't think it qualifies for non-wrestling since some of those fights may have possibly been a work, a whole host of worked shoot style pro wrestlers on the roster in worked fantasy fights that could possibly be shoot fantasy fights, a worked shoot work, a fucking kayfabe paradox. I'm not saying they were worked but Nobuhiko Takada tapping out Mark Shultz with a heel hook, in Japan, around the time UWFI backers buy a percentage of the UFC, I'm not gonna say it was a fake fantasy fight, maybe it was a real fantasy fight, surely some of those outcomes you got to be questioning yourself, is he really rolling the dice for these? The answer? You'll never know. *winks*

vCash
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gosh I've been so out of it these last few months, I wouldn't even know where to start. I'll try to catch up on some things and get nominations in, but no promises.

Big thanks to Surrender!

PW Accolades

Spoiler

≡≡≡≡|≡≡≡≡

vCash
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the shout for my UFC fed @PI but I don't think it qualifies for non-wrestling since some of those fights may have possibly been a work, a whole host of worked shoot style pro wrestlers on the roster in worked fantasy fights that could possibly be shoot fantasy fights, a worked shoot work, a fucking kayfabe paradox. I'm not saying they were worked but Nobuhiko Takada tapping out Mark Shultz with a heel hook, in Japan, around the time UWFI backers buy a percentage of the UFC, I'm not gonna say it was a fake fantasy fight, maybe it was a real fantasy fight, surely some of those outcomes you got to be questioning yourself, is he really rolling the dice for these? The answer? You'll never know. *winks*
    Granted it's more wrestling than Baker's NGW, but it's all still non-wrestling to me!

- - - Updated - - -

Granted it's more wrestling than Baker's NGW, but it's all still non-wrestling to me!

vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've got a lot of catching up to do before I can nominate anyone. Right now I'm thinking Big Evil's WWF 98, KJ's LSW Grand Prix, Pduh's Prime as the front runners for Fed of the Year. I haven't checked out Prime in a month or so but it seems like that fed has been the most active this year, from start to finish it's been one of the most regularly posted this year. Noni's WSW and Juan Rocamora's WWF Circuit both also were really good, I'll go ahead and throw those down for a nomination for Fed of the Year. I need to do some more reading before I make my final vote but right now I'm probably leaning slightly towards either KJ's LSWGP or Prime.

Atmosphere by RT in the NEW part of his split with WMS was the best overall show I've read this year. I'd give that the nomination for show of the year, match writer, and promo writer. Loving the work by WMS in his show so far, he may steal a few of these depending on how far along he gets before the end of the year.

I need to do some more reading before I can nominate the other categories. I'd actually even like to nominate some for Match of the Year, Storyline/Feud of the Year, Best Written Character, and Rookie of the Year(or whatever that was called before). I do like this new format we are going with for this year's awards, damn good idea.

For my vote for the archives I went with WMS' NWA, T-Money's WPW, and TMMW's WCW, three of my favorite feds here period.
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 12-06-2016 at 10:57 PM.

≡≡≡≡|≡≡≡≡

vCash
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd just like to throw out there that Big Evil's 1997, which won 2015 Fed of the Year, had just as much posted in 2016 and ended on a very, very strong note IMO. Please don't forget it or overlook it. It could rightly set an unprecedented record of being the first same-thread fed to win back-to-back Fed of the Year titles.

vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PI View Post
    I'd just like to throw out there that Big Evil's 1997, which won 2015 Fed of the Year, had just as much posted in 2016 and ended on a very, very strong note IMO. Please don't forget it or overlook it. It could rightly set an unprecedented record of being the first same-thread fed to win back-to-back Fed of the Year titles.
    ECW 2001 WWF Buyout won 2012 and 2013 fed of the year. I was shocked by both results, I won in 2012 over RT's NEW by a 6-5 vote, RT was kinda robbed because that NEW fed was amazing compared to The Buyout. In 2013 I was sure Kemis was going to win for Chikara, I was surprised that The Buyout won because I took that Summer off and was pretty deep into the 2002 (R)Evolution by the end of that year. Both of those awards are due to hype, pure and simple, I hyped the fuck out of those shows in 2012-2013. That's one of the parts about fan fic that I enjoy, hyping up and selling a fight/show/etc.

I loved the first half of Big Evil's 1997 but didn't really care for the second half as much. It's a fun as hell project but I'm not as big on it as you are, a lot of the changes/non-changes I didn't care for, too many things I didn't like remain unchanged, some of the major revisions to what really happened left me kind of flat. What's great about it is just the way it goes back to that time, almost like a review of that era with an extra bonus rebooking to go along with it all, definitely one of the best projects going. I just don't agree that he's the runaway best around hands down. Not much substance to it as far as character depth or originality.
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 12-07-2016 at 12:01 AM.

≡≡≡≡|≡≡≡≡

vCash
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ECW 2001 WWF Buyout won 2012 and 2013 fed of the year. I was shocked by both results, I won in 2012 over RT's NEW by a 6-5 vote, RT was kinda robbed because that NEW fed was amazing compared to The Buyout. In 2013 I was sure Kemis was going to win for Chikara, I was surprised that The Buyout won because I took that Summer off and was pretty deep into the 2002 (R)Evolution by the end of that year. Both of those awards are due to hype, pure and simple, I hyped the fuck out of those shows in 2012-2013. That's one of the parts about fan fic that I enjoy, hyping up and selling a fight/show/etc.

I loved the first half of Big Evil's 1997 but didn't really care for the second half as much. It's a fun as hell project but I'm not as big on it as you are, a lot of the changes/non-changes I didn't care for, too many things I didn't like remain unchanged, some of the major revisions to what really happened left me kind of flat. What's great about it is just the way it goes back to that time, almost like a review of that era with an extra bonus rebooking to go along with it all, definitely one of the best projects going. I just don't agree that he's the runaway best around hands down. Not much substance to it as far as character depth or originality.
    Whoops! Now I feel like a major asshole.

My bad and no disrespect intended. Gonna chalk it up as a consequence of:
    1) me being around even less back then than I am now;
    2) my memory suffering due to aging and drinking;
    3) me just being a forgetful asshole; and/or
    4) some combination or all of the above.

Re: Big Evil's 1997, maybe I just marked out way too hard for his thank-you title win for Owen. I remember having real feelz when reading that the first time. Perhaps you're right... I need to step back a bit and be more objective.

Speaking of which, I'd be interesting to know what the collective criteria is for measuring FOTY and how much weight each criterion has... Post quantity, frequency, length, quality, originality of idea, innovative formatting, sweet graphics, most reviews, most thread views, etc.

vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PI View Post
    Re: Big Evil's 1997, maybe I just marked out way too hard for his thank-you title win for Owen. I remember having real feelz when reading that the first time. Perhaps you're right... I need to step back a bit and be more objective.
    Not at all man, @Big Evil deserves all the love he gets, he's definitely worthy of several awards for this year. I need to go back and read 97 and 98 again before I vote.

Speaking of which, I'd be interesting to know what the collective criteria is for measuring FOTY and how much weight each criterion has... Post quantity, frequency, length, quality, originality of idea, innovative formatting, sweet graphics, most reviews, most thread views, etc.
    I would vote for a less active fed if I liked the content more than anything else, T-Money's WPW for example wasn't a barnstormer as far as activity/volume but the characters, storylines, overall vibe of the fed was just all super to me, it was pretty much like a precursor to Lucha Underground except it had a bit more of a sporty wresting league type of feel, a lot of original ideas for characters that I liked. I don't really put any stock into how many reviews or thread views a project has. Just the total package I guess, I just vote for my favorite fed. I like good booking, good matches/summaries, storylines, characters, if it comes down to 2 or 3 feds that I like equally then activity/quantity would become a factor I guess.

Whoops! Now I feel like a major asshole.

My bad and no disrespect intended. Gonna chalk it up as a consequence of:
    1) me being around even less back then than I am now;
    2) my memory suffering due to aging and drinking;
    3) me just being a forgetful asshole; and/or
    4) some combination or all of the above.

It's all good baby. I've done my damage and won a ton of awards, I don't ever get the chance to brag about them, since I just closed the book on my ECW universe after 5 years(had a pretty good year this year, something like 20 weeklies and 4 PPVs), here are all of the awards I won, in case you missed it:

2012 Fed Of The Year(ECW: The 2001 WWF Buyout)
    2013 Fed Of The Year(ECW: The 2001 WWF Buyout)
    2014 Fed Of The Year(ECW: The 2002 (R)Evolution)
    2014 PW Fan Fiction MVP
    2013 Show Of The Year(November To Remember)
    2014 Show Of The Year(tie)(WWF/WCW Royal Rumble 2002)
    2015 Show Of The Year(Living Dangerously 2002)
    2012 Storyline Of The Year(Vince vs Shane)
    2014 Best Written Character(Eddie Guerrero)
    2012 Ironman Award Winner
    2012 Most Improved Writer Of The Year
    2013 Match Writer Of The Year
    2014 Match Writer Of The Year
    2015 Match Writer of the Year(tied)

Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 12-07-2016 at 10:38 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's some KJ levels of hardware right there.

vCash
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kinda went back through my WWE fed at the start of the year, and I thought I had a pretty good Kevin Owens being written, but that's all I can think of for me.

Still gotta go and read through a lot more stuff for my nominations though (If I can get anything in).

Big thanks to Surrender!

PW Accolades

Spoiler

vCash
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't remember any of the awards I won. I know I could dig for them, but I don't think they'd reach those levels. All I know is I won like 10 promo of the years. It's okay, I'm a Hall Of Famer! So I voted for KWF V.

However, losing makes me want to write again. It's bringing out that stubborn Kid in me. I hate losing. I just don't even know where to begin anymore on where to write. It's actually kind of sad. I used to have 50 million ideas at once. Maybe one day.

Also, for Hall Of Famer, I want Brad in.

vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These are my official nominations for this year:

Fed of the Year
    Rad's WCW - A Wrestling Wiki
    Big Evil's WWF 1997
    Pduh's Prime
    Juan Rocomora's WWF Circuit
    Kid Jericho's Lone Star Wrestling: Rebirth

Most Valuable Player
    WMS
    RT
    Kid Jericho
    Big Evil
    Pduh

Josh's Formula 1 (Fast Cars - High Drama - Loose Morals)

Show of the Year
    Baker's Wrestlemania XII(Rebooking the New Generation)
    Juan Rocamora's Royal Rumble 96(WWF Circuit)
    RT's "Atmosphere"(A New Era of Honor)

Best Match Writer
    Big Evil
    Juan Rocamora
    RT
    Noni
    Pduh

Best Promo Writer
    RT
    WMS
    Noni
    Pduh
    Kid Jericho

Most Under Appreciated
    Juan Rocamora
    Pduh
    Noni

Gone Too Soon Award
    Jeff's WWF 1993
    Battletank's WCW 2000 The New Millennium
    WWE - Smackdown vs. Raw by Rad & Dazz

vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bump! Somebody read some feds and nominate something! Some of those underappreciated nominees, nobody ever reviews or comments on your feds, I see some of you guys asking for feedback in the fed thread sometimes. My advice is to get out of your shell, get involved in the community here and participate in stuff like this. This should be a big celebration for this subforum, I hate to see it down to 2 people voting on stuff, this little community has really dwindled down to a skeleton crew that mostly keeps to themselves. Fuck that. The circle must remain unbroken!!

I hate to blow my own horn, but toot toot! I'm surprised and angry that I haven't been nominated for match writer or show of the year, I wrote some shows and matches that can hang with anything that has been written here this year. The one guy that nominated stuff, @PI completely no sold my big epic series finale! This ain't worth a fudge! Ultimate Japan '97 RULED!

But seriously though, it's been a fun year in fan fic. I think KJ is going to sweep out this year's awards, it will be well deserved too, LSW has been the crown jewel of this subforum this year. Pro wrestling booking is a science to me, KJ proved that he's like Nikola Tesla of Fan Fic with that fed. I think LSW, Big Evil's WWF 97, and PDUH's Prime along with my ECW fed were the 4 main feds that carried fan fic this year, the Four Horsewomen of PW Fan Fic feds.

Fan Fic for life.
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 12-28-2016 at 09:55 AM.

Thread Information