Thread: MLB Countdown: Best All-Time Players/Best Current Players at each position

vCash
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default MLB Countdown: Best All-Time Players/Best Current Players at each position

This is going to be a series that I will run in the off season or until we get through each position. Whoever long that takes.

It will be a countdown series to see who people feel are the best players of all-time and currently at each position in MLB.

We are going to go through every position and I will give 2 weeks after I give the position and people can send me a list of 10 for each category.

So, for each position you will send me a list of top 10 players all-time and a top 10 list of current players at that position.

If you think a current players is one of the all-time greats you can put him on each list. Also, if you are confused what list to put a player on if they have player a significant amount at more than one position, just use the one they played the most at.

After 2 weeks time after each position is up I will post the results in quick form and we can discuss them before moving onto the next position.

Oh, and if anybody wants to help me out with this just let me know.

So, with that said, the first position we are going to start with is.....

Short Stop

You have two weeks from today to send me your list of Top 10 SS of All-Time and Top 10 SS of Today.
    surrender

First Ever PW Heavyweight Champion!

vCash
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: MLB Countdown: Best All-Time Players/Best Current Players at each position

If you need help, I can do one of the eras. If you do split the eras, how about you give total control to whomever is doing that era, so it's a surprise to you? Just a thought.

I will say on a player like Robin Yount, since we're doing Shortstops...he could very appear on both SS and OF lists...he won an MVP at each position.

vCash
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: MLB Countdown: Best All-Time Players/Best Current Players at each position

Quote Originally Posted by CK View Post
    If you need help, I can do one of the eras. If you do split the eras, how about you give total control to whomever is doing that era, so it's a surprise to you? Just a thought.

I will say on a player like Robin Yount, since we're doing Shortstops...he could very appear on both SS and OF lists...he won an MVP at each position.
    Yeah, if someone wants to put someone on more than 1 list it should only be done if it makes sense like with Yount. I am just going to do all-time & current players.
    surrender

vCash
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will extend this a little longer, so instead of 1 more week to get lust in you now have two weeks from today.
    surrender

vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

vCash
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HR View Post
    Sadly 0 so far.
    surrender

vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SM? View Post
    Sadly 0 so far.
    Alright, just sent you mine, hopefully that gives everyone a kick up the ass.

vCash
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll try and get a list in by tomorrow, first I need to do some research (mostly for today's players.)

vCash
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been meaning to get a list in so I'll work on one and get it in soon. With the amount of time I've recently been devoting myself to baseball lately, this should be a fun project for me.

All credit goes to surrender!

vCash
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll try and get one in. Give me a few days.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What? I sent in a list like the day this got posted.

I'll send again.

vCash
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    What? I sent in a list like the day this got posted.

I'll send again.
    Yeah, I never got it.
    surrender

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SM? View Post
    Sadly 0 so far.
    This was funny.

I will try sending in a list in a few days. Got my top 5 of each picked.

vCash
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will have to abstain as I'm barely conversant in baseball, so my current lists would be Royals starter followed by nine top WAR earners, just like my 700 All Star ballots.

Commitment to Excellence ORaider27's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't even know where to begin on the current players. I barely follow the MLB at this point. I haven't seen anything more than a handful of games in the last several years. My list would probably be just current Cards and Royals and random selections similar to mikec.

I'll give some thought to an all time list. Do you still want shortstops first or all positions at the same time?
    Insei makes the best banners and avs
    "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all."
    "It is the responsibility of intellectuals to speak the truth and expose lies."
    Both quotes by Noam Chomsky
    "We are all Africans." -- Richard Dawkins
    Sports Empire HOF 2008 PW HOF 2015

vCash
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got 6 list in currently. Will give you till Christmas to get your list in and then I will start calculating the results.

Quote Originally Posted by ORaider27 View Post
    I wouldn't even know where to begin on the current players. I barely follow the MLB at this point. I haven't seen anything more than a handful of games in the last several years. My list would probably be just current Cards and Royals and random selections similar to mikec.

I'll give some thought to an all time list. Do you still want shortstops first or all positions at the same time?
    Just SS right now.
    surrender

Thread Information