Thread: Sports Empire MLB Countdown?

vCash
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Sports Empire MLB Countdown?

I want to do a countdown, but want to gage interest & get suggestions on what people would like it to be.

I was thinking best current players, but I am will to do it on anything. So, if you have any ideas let me know.
    surrender

First Ever PW Heavyweight Champion!

vCash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Sports Empire MLB Countdown?

What about something a little different like best pitching performances, or best defensive plays? Might be interesting seeing those videos assuming they are available on youtube.

Banner Credit: Spike

vCash
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Nichols View Post
    What about something a little different like best pitching performances, or best defensive plays? Might be interesting seeing those videos assuming they are available on youtube.
    Those could be great. Like I said I will do whatever. Will put a pull up in a few days to decide what to do after getting suggestions.
    surrender

vCash
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's a suggestion that may interest only me, but since history is so important in sports, especially baseball we do this:

Run consecutively...we do a Best All Time SP and Best Currently Playing SP...then on again for 1B, OF and so on.

The conversations would be if say someone like Kershaw or Trout or Molina...makes the eventual Best All Time, is there someone already there? Do some All Timer Greats fall off the list?

The kicker is, you can only do your Top 10 in both categories...it keeps it smaller, the deserving players will have more votes (in theory), but also in theory, it keeps the borderline players off the list. Just a thought.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CK View Post
    Here's a suggestion that may interest only me, but since history is so important in sports, especially baseball we do this:

Run consecutively...we do a Best All Time SP and Best Currently Playing SP...then on again for 1B, OF and so on.

The conversations would be if say someone like Kershaw or Trout or Molina...makes the eventual Best All Time, is there someone already there? Do some All Timer Greats fall off the list?

The kicker is, you can only do your Top 10 in both categories...it keeps it smaller, the deserving players will have more votes (in theory), but also in theory, it keeps the borderline players off the list. Just a thought.
    I like it. It's a lot for SM to take on but if he's willing I'd participate. He could post the results every couple weeks and it would eat up most of the offseason, I think.

If he wanted to save time he wouldn't even have to make it a countdown, just post the results when their finalized and leave the thread open for discussion for a while. Up to him though on how much time he wants to save to tackle something like that.

vCash
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It wouldn't have to be all SM...I could take one of the categories and post with him. Or anyone else, not just me. A posting schedule could be worked out and go from there. It should be a group effort, IMO.

vCash
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a great idea and sometime later this week after Thanksgiving I will put up a thread to get this started. If anyone wants to help they can gladly do so.

We can even separate left handed & right handed starting pitchers if people want.
    surrender

Thread Information