Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MLB Official Offseason Thread

vCash
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: MLB Official Offseason Thread

It's great man, hey build up the farm and the Yanks are saving the money if Machado, Trout, Sale etc. ever hit the FA market. That's when you go batshit crazy with the money.

If the Yanks fall out of it, hold a ransom if Tanaka is having another strong year given he can opt out after next season. Keep up the farm.

Yanks and especially Boston have two of the best young cores potentially for years to come though Boston's has already floated and not sunk in the big leagues.

Like with Sandoval for Boston, the Yanks are suffering with the Boston hired spy himself, Ellsbury and his awful reading in the outfield and less than spectacular bat.

Currently Playing:
    Wipeout Omega Collection(PS4), Rocket League(PS4)

vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Fighters are planning to post Shohei Otani after next season. I figure he'll wind up in LA. I'm already excited for the 2018 season.

vCash
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carlos Beltran got a pretty big payday from Houston for a 1 year contract with an absolute no trade clause. Houston is going to be really good this year and I guess they're willing to pay big bucks for Beltran to mentor some of these young guys.

I'm not happy with the Holliday signing. I know @Blindy is looking at the bright side, but I never liked Matt Holiday. Rebuilding sucks and I know next offseason is the time to get excited and I fully expect Trout to come over. He loves the Yankees. I am just not a fan of Holiday at all.

Best offseason move still belongs to the Mets.

vCash
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Hypeman View Post
    The Fighters are planning to post Shohei Otani after next season. I figure he'll wind up in LA. I'm already excited for the 2018 season.
    Tanaka is gonna bolt the Yanks if he isn't traded so I kinda hope the Yanks turn their attention to him, he's pretty young too.

Darvish, Tanaka and Otani might be all available by 2017 offseason, 3 of the top Japanese aces.

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Guy View Post
    Carlos Beltran got a pretty big payday from Houston for a 1 year contract with an absolute no trade clause. Houston is going to be really good this year and I guess they're willing to pay big bucks for Beltran to mentor some of these young guys.

I'm not happy with the Holliday signing. I know @Blindy is looking at the bright side, but I never liked Matt Holiday. Rebuilding sucks and I know next offseason is the time to get excited and I fully expect Trout to come over. He loves the Yankees. I am just not a fan of Holiday at all.

Best offseason move still belongs to the Mets.
    In a idealistic world, Greg Travis Bird, Aaron Judge and Tyler Austin kick ass this spring and earn regular at bats at 1B, RF and DH but that's asking alot given Bird missed a full year of action, Judge struggled in his brief ABs and Austin wasn't much better. This is an insurance policy but you and me both would want the youngsters to destroy it and Frazier can kick ass in AAA and be ready for his May/June callup to get the extra year of service and maybe kick Gardner to the curb(If Cashman can get a sucker to get Ellsbury, he should get a parade for that alone) or force Ellsbury and Gardner to rotate DH.

Trout loves the money and he's got endorsement deals to cover him anyhow, that being said he would bolt LAA if they refuse to put a contending team out there because at some point, he's going to want to play meaningful games while in his prime. He's a South Jersey kid sure but I am sure he embraces being the face of the Angels and Moreno will spend for him.

Machado is more viable IMHO, he would be a key cog at 3B since Angelos may not go top dollar for his services. Machado has forever earned the BAMF status for beating the shit out of headhunter Ventura.

If the Yanks get either one, it's a great day. Give Machado 8 years 240 million if that is what it takes. He's as good if not better than what Cano was for the Yanks and he's younger too and plays more positions. He will get 30+ mill when he hits FA in 2018 if he does. Dude might want 10 years in his deal and he'll get that from some teams.
    Last edited by Blindy; 12-05-2016 at 08:15 PM.

Currently Playing:

vCash
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Red Sox and White Sox have agreed to a blockbuster trade that will send Chris Sale from Chicago to Boston in exchange for Yoan Moncada, Michael Kopech and two other prospects, reports Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports
    Other two prospects are reportedly No. 8 prospect Luis Basabe and Victor Diaz.

I really fucking hate giving up Moncada and two other top end prospects. But with the way they have been building up their farm system, I knew it was a matter of time before they make a blockbuster trade. They needed another top level pitcher and Chris Sale is as good as anyone in the league and now he will get a lot of run support in Boston. So torn about this deal.

All credit goes to surrender!

vCash
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this will help the Red Sox not only win the division this season, but be the #1 seed in the American League heading into the playoffs.

I predict them making the World Series against the Cubs. This is a HUGE trade for them and makes them guaranteed better and in my opinion, the best team in the AL this season. I think it's an amazing trade and Sale will probably win AL Cy Young. He's still well in his prime and he's going to give them a lot of great seasons.

vCash
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will never get why the Yanks did not go and get Moncada a few years back, he was as can't miss as one can get and the Yanks had the money to do it.

Great deal for both sides but Chris Sale will be pitching in the best league in the world, the AL Beast where you best bring your pitchers because the hitting(Besides Tampa) is top notch all around.

I wonder if Sale will buff up, he looks like he weighs 135

Currently Playing:

vCash
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why would he? You don't mess with whatever combination of physical stuff you have as a pitcher, might cost you.

I will miss Sale in the AL Central as the Royals beat him around occasionally and it always felt good.

Sounds like Royals just sent Wade Davis to the Cubs and maybe Dyson is on way out with him somewhere else.

Edit: or maybe not
    Last edited by mikec; 12-06-2016 at 09:53 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no worries about giving up Moncada, even if he is a top 5 prospect. The Sox easily have one of the best lineups in baseball and now have the best 123 starting rotation in the AL.

Banner Credit: Spike

vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nats traded a top 5 prospect Lucas Giolito plus others for Adam Eaton, and KC traded away Wade Davis for Jorge Soler. Some really lopsided trades happening this offseason.

It's unbelievable that KC would let Davis go for so little after seeing what Chapman and Miller were worth at the deadline last season.

vCash
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Soler considered a better player than Clint Frazier/Justus Sheffield or Gleyber Torres?

The white sox have done an excellent job these past 2 days, great haul for Eaton.

Currently Playing:

vCash
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Hypeman View Post
    Nats traded a top 5 prospect Lucas Giolito plus others for Adam Eaton, and KC traded away Wade Davis for Jorge Soler. Some really lopsided trades happening this offseason.

It's unbelievable that KC would let Davis go for so little after seeing what Chapman and Miller were worth at the deadline last season.
    Yeah I don't understand, unless the Royals are worried about the medical that Wade wouldn't look good for a few months this season.

I'm fine with getting Soler's four years of control over Wade's one and I think closers should be sold often, but I don't think this is enough return.

vCash
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kid you a fan of the Chapman signing? He has had his character come into question though with his domestic dispute but is still one of the most talented relievers in the game today. Got a lot of money but given the Yanks do not lose a pick getting him, I do not mind it at all. Has a opt out after year 3 and can NTC all Cali. teams in those 3 years and has a partial NTC in his last 2. He's a great pitcher when handled right and not borderline abused like with what Madden did in the WS.

Yanks gave up 2 months of his services and got back a nice package of players, led by Torres so given this isn't my money the Yanks are spending and that there aren't any other FAs I really want, I am cool with this being the big splash of the offseason for the squad.

Currently Playing:

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's pretty amazing how bad the news on Edwin Encarnacion has got over the past few days. At the end of the Jays' season the question was "who gets Edwin?" and after the last few days the question is "who wants Edwin?"

Latest news on him is that the only teams left even showing interest are the Jays and Cleveland. Nobody else is offering anywhere close to what Edwin is asking. Either Edwin is dumb as fuck or his agent is, or both. If I were him I'd just sign with the Jays to save that relationship and look good before it's too late. He'll probably end up in Cleveland though, unless another team has a surprise in store for everyone.

Jose Bautista could end up with the Dodgers, apparently. That's just a rumor at the moment though.

Reports also say the Rockies offered Blackmon for Stroman straight up. I hope the Jays laughed in their faces.

The Canadian Death Tour
    A very Canadian wrestling story by RT.
    Catch up now and stay tuned for "The Commonwealth Championship," coming soon.

vCash
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking at some splits and getting pumped up about Chris Sale in Boston. Turns out in the last 3 years Sale is 11-5 against AL East teams(including Boston) in 21 starts with a 2.60 ERA(estimated)

His ERA is respective ballparks:
    Camden Yards - 1.42, 3 starts
    Yankee Stadium - 1.64, 3 Starts
    Tropicana Field - 1.15, 2 Starts
    Rogers Center - 1.80, 2 Starts
    Fenway - 4.12, 3 Starts (The Red Sox got to him in their own ballpark, hopefully he can get comfortable there and be dominant)

Banner Credit: Spike

Beat the Devil out of it Leper Messiah's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And Dexter Fowler is now a St. Louis Cardinal.

Damn, the baseball gods are cruel.

Commitment to Excellence ORaider27's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindy View Post
    Thank god the Yanks get Matt Holiday on a 1 year deal and not get silly with an Encarnancion multi year deal and forfeit the 17th overall pick to Toronto. Holiday probably isn't that great but I will take this for 1 year.
    Holliday could have a bounce back year. He learned to play 1B last off-season to be more versatile. By all reports, it went well but he's had several injuries over the last three years that are a bit concerning. If he's the every day DH, he could have a big year. But his speed (the little he had) is gone and he grades out as a below average fielder regardless of where he plays. A one year prove it deal was smart. The biggest concern is his back. He's had back problems the last two years.
    Insei makes the best banners and avs
    "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all."
    "It is the responsibility of intellectuals to speak the truth and expose lies."
    Both quotes by Noam Chomsky
    "We are all Africans." -- Richard Dawkins
    Sports Empire HOF 2008 PW HOF 2015

vCash
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really like the Cards signing of Dexter Fowler. Cards really needed a new CF.
    surrender

First Ever PW Heavyweight Champion!

vCash
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Encarnacion might have bounced to Cleveland, but Toronto have resigned Bautista on a one-year contract with a mutual option. If he can stay healthy you'd have to think he'd be playing with a point to prove this year considering no one else really wanted him after a down 2016.

vCash
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HR View Post
    Encarnacion might have bounced to Cleveland, but Toronto have resigned Bautista on a one-year contract with a mutual option. If he can stay healthy you'd have to think he'd be playing with a point to prove this year considering no one else really wanted him after a down 2016.
    He'll be a year older and as obnoxious as ever, lets hope he doesn't get his jaw collapsed on him by Odor again. With Pillar, Russell "Fake tough guy" Martin, crybaby Donaldson and Bautista, it's good to see the Jays still have a bunch of unlikable punks. Losing Dickey only lowers them in the likable standpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by ORaider27 View Post
    Holliday could have a bounce back year. He learned to play 1B last off-season to be more versatile. By all reports, it went well but he's had several injuries over the last three years that are a bit concerning. If he's the every day DH, he could have a big year. But his speed (the little he had) is gone and he grades out as a below average fielder regardless of where he plays. A one year prove it deal was smart. The biggest concern is his back. He's had back problems the last two years.
    I can only hope Holiday can replace the leadership and veteran stability that Alex Rodriguez provided for the Yanks, Yanks can use more leadership with McCann and A-Rod gone.

Currently Playing:

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindy View Post
    He'll be a year older and as obnoxious as ever, lets hope he doesn't get his jaw collapsed on him by Odor again. With Pillar, Russell "Fake tough guy" Martin, crybaby Donaldson and Bautista, it's good to see the Jays still have a bunch of unlikable punks. Losing Dickey only lowers them in the likable standpoint.
    #FuckTheYankees.

Glad Mr Bats is back. He belongs in Toronto and we love him.

I think this is the beginning of the end for Toronto though. I see struggles in their future and with everyone else in the AL steadily improving, I think the postseason is out of our reach this year. I hope I'm wrong, but Toronto will be lucky if they're even sniffing a wild card spot come August.

And missing the postseason means Donaldson signs somewhere else, since I'm pretty sure this is the last year on his contract. He'll make a huge payday and move back to the States, I can almost guarantee it. I don't think Toronto's head office shells out the cash he'll be asking for come next winter.

It's been a fun few years but I have low expectations for this team going forward.

The Canadian Death Tour
    A very Canadian wrestling story by RT.
    Catch up now and stay tuned for "The Commonwealth Championship," coming soon.

vCash
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jeff Bagwell, Tim Raines, and Pudge Rodriguez are going to the Hall of Fame

Happy that Tim Raines finally got in.

Still My Champ
    Thanks, surrender.

Beat the Devil out of it Leper Messiah's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad to see Raines finally get in. He's long over due.

Also happy to see Pudge make it in. He was basically like my version of Johnny Bench growing up, and made me find the catcher to be the coolest position in baseball. With the suspicion of him using steroids ( as the mid-90s Rangers were heavily on them), and Bagwell and Piazza in, it makes me hopeful the voter will put that stuff aside and let in the guys who deserve to be in. I mean, they did put the most blatant cheater (Gaylord Perry) in the Hall.

vCash
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Leper Messiah View Post
    Glad to see Raines finally get in. He's long over due.

Also happy to see Pudge make it in. He was basically like my version of Johnny Bench growing up, and made me find the catcher to be the coolest position in baseball. With the suspicion of him using steroids ( as the mid-90s Rangers were heavily on them), and Bagwell and Piazza in, it makes me hopeful the voter will put that stuff aside and let in the guys who deserve to be in. I mean, they did put the most blatant cheater (Gaylord Perry) in the Hall.
    Well, Clemens and Bonds are now over the 50% barrier, and they still got five years of eligibility left.

Still My Champ
    Thanks, surrender.

vCash
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of the repercussions of the tragic news today is that the Royals rotation is in dire straits not just with depth goes but altogether. Volquez left to Miami(He lost his brother 1-2 weeks ago), and now Ventura has sadly lost his life. I am not even going to lie, I can't think of the Royals starting 5 at the moment. It's Danny Duffy, Chris Young and nobody else who I can honestly think of.

I have to think Jason Hammel will get a call from Dayton Moore very soon.

Currently Playing:

Thread Information