Thread: Marvel's The Inhumans Coming to ABC

vCash
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Marvel's The Inhumans Coming to ABC

Credit: Comicbook.com

Marvel Television has officially announced an Inhumans TV series is coming to ABC.

The new series will premiere in IMAX commercial theaters, marking the first time a live-action TV series has debuted in such a format. The first two episodes of the ABC series, which is set to arrive in fall of 2017 under the title Marvel's The Inhumans, will run worldwide exclusively in IMAX for two weeks for the beginning of September 2017. ABC will the premiere the series in a weekly format.

An Inhumans movie was originally slated for November of 2018 but has been the topic of discussion since being pushed back, then off of Marvel's release schedule. The characters, however, have been introduced throughout Marvel's Agents of SHIELD.

ABC, IMAX, and Marvel Television will work together to create a joint marketing and promotion plan for the series -- making it the closest thing to an Inhumans movie, considering the IMAX release format, we will see.

“This unprecedented alliance represents a bold, innovative approach to launching great TV content for a worldwide audience,” said Ben Sherwood, co-chairman, Disney Media Networks and president, Disney|ABC Television Group. “It highlights Disney|ABC’s unrelenting commitment to finding new and creative ways to showcasing our very best programming and increasing global engagement and reach.”

“This first-of-its-kind multi-platform production, distribution and marketing agreement brings together Marvel Television’s unique brand of entertainment, ABC’s unparalleled audience and IMAX’s brand and global fanboy demographic,” said IMAX CEO, Rich Gelfond. “It also takes our decades-long relationship with The Walt Disney Company to a whole new level, jointly breaking new ground in the industry. We are confident our exhibition partners will be excited to work with us on this innovative launch of a series across the IMAX network.”

The Inhumans made their debut in Marvel Comics in Fantastic Four #45, published in December of 1965. Several of the character have become well known fan-favorites, such as Black Bolt, who has even garnered the attention and desires of Vin Diesel to play the part. The character were created by Jack Kirby and Stan Lee as a race of superhumans with diverse and singularly unique powers.

The series will introduce the Inhuman Royal Family to the Marvel Cinematic Universe according Marvel Senior Communications Manager, Joe Taraborelli. "Are you ready to see the Inhuman Royal Family on TV?" Taborelli said. "You better get ready!"

(via Marvel)
    Looks like we'll be getting the Inhuman Royal Family before 2018, though it'll be as a TV series, instead of a feature length film.

Banner Credit: Surrender
    Made Nerdery Moderator - April 21st, 2015

Anime Currently Watching
    Dragon Ball Super
    Skull Man, The Reflection

vCash
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Marvel's The Inhumans Coming to ABC

Lockjaw!

AoS is basically already an Inhumans show, but more focus is a nice bone thrown at people upset over the movie no longer on the horizon.

vCash
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Credit: Comicbook.com

Some more info on this Inhumans project...

Marvel fans everywhere were caught by surprise yesterday when it was announced that The Inhumans TV series was happening. The Inhumans brand had originally been planned as a Marvel Cinematic Universe movie, but was ultimately taken off of the Phase 3 slate; since the characters have already been introduced through the Agents of SHIEL TV series, a sister series makes all the more sense.

After to the revelation of The Inhumans TV series, we continue to learn more details. Black Bolt and the Royal Family will be the stars; and the series will have an impact on the MCU. Now we know some technical information: the episode count.

THR reports that The Inhumans will receive an initial eight episode count; the first two episodes will debut in IMAX theaters for two weeks in summer 2017, with six more episodes to air on ABC starting in September.

It is also noted that this TV series is not some adaptation of the feature film planned for Phase 3 - or a spinoff of Agents of SHIELD. That latter bit is actually interesting, since many AoS fans have been wondering if show star Chloe Bennett would be a possible route to spinning off the Inhumans TV series. Now that we know what the show is not, it leaves the question of what it is.

Black Bolt and The Royal Family are centerpieces, but the setting could be anywhere from Earth to the dark side of the moon, with no telling what the storyline is, and how it fits into the larger MCU. As usual, though, Marvel will reveal more when seen fit; until then, let's speculate!
    Bolded the important stuff from the article, apparently it'll be eight episodes, and isn't a spin-off of Agents of Shield, nor an adaptation of the Inhumans movie, which I assume means we'll still be getting an Inhumans movie one day.

Anime Currently Watching
    Dragon Ball Super

vCash
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First two in Imax. Interesting.

vCash
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some casting news via comicbook.com

Marvel's The Inhumans has their queen, as Serinda Swan has joined the cast of the upcoming TV series, as first reported on EW. The casting comes hot on the heels of Hell on Wheels star Anson Mount being cast as Black Bolt yesterday. Medusa, the queen of the ancient superpowered race, is known for her red hair, which often seems to have a mind of its own, as she can control every strand, using it as a superpowered whip, another limb, and an enveloping weapon.

Swan joins Mount and Game of Thrones alum Iwan Rheon, who was the first major character cast, Maximus. The Royal Family of the Inhumans, the stars of this series, also includes Medusa's sister Crystal, the tactician Karnak, the man-fish Triton, and the oversized teleporting dog named Lockjaw, all yet to be cast.

Serinda Swan was a series regular on Graceland and Breakout Kings, and had recurring guest roles on both The Tomorrow People and Chicago Fire. This isn't her first role with a comic book character, either. She played the magic-user Zatanna on a couple of episodes of Smallville, casting her spell on comic book fans. Other genre roles include an episode of Supernatural and a bit role in Tron: Legacy, as well as the role of the goddess Aphrodite in Percy Jackson.

“Serinda empowers Medusa’s regal glory and still maintains a relatability that synced perfectly with the character,” Marvel TV head and executive producer Jeph Loeb said in a statement. “She is nothing short of wonderful.”

Showrunner Scott Buck added, “Serinda Swan brings a regal elegance, as well as a sense of great inner strength and fierce determination, to the role of Medusa. I couldn’t be happier to have her as our Queen of Attilan.”
    I liked her well enough on Smallville as Zatanna, I don't think I've seen her in anything else though.

Anime Currently Watching
    Dragon Ball Super

Ravishing Slick Dude KashDinero's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The casting is coming along nicely. Some great shouts so far. With there only being eight episodes I have a feeling we are in for something special.
    PW Nerdery's Most Underrated Poster Of 2015

vCash
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anson Mount is the only name I'm truly familiar with from the bunch. I remember loving the first two season of Hell on Wheels, but for some reason never finished the series. He and Common were highlights of the show for sure. I'll give the series a chance like most comic book shows. Although, I still haven't watched the Flash yet.

vCash
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First trailer for Marvel's Inhuman's TV series.

I'll be honest, the trailer does nothing for me, I'll most likely pass on seeing the first two episodes in IMAX, and just wait for them to air on TV. Lockjaw does look adorable, though, so uh there is at least that I guess.

Anime Currently Watching
    Dragon Ball Super

Yang Xiao Long fangirl Mistress's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I expected them to stay in Attilan...

Thank you Surrender!!!
    Voted Co-Most Underrated Nerdery Poster of 2014 (With Raven*)
    If prowrestling were fake, it would make every fan in the history of the sport a complete & utter moron - Monty Burns

vCash
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As much as I wanted this to succeed, this is going to fail miserably. That wig is one of the worst I've seen in a long time.

vCash
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I love me some Inhumans but I was seriously underwhelmed by the trailer. I am concerned.

Spoiler

*Many thanks to the amazing surrender for my banner*
    #TeamAuthority
    R.E.A.L

vCash
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It doesn't look terrible, but it's incredibly weak given the bar Marvel has set.

[π: WWPID?] ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Thread Information