Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 364

Thread: Impact Wrestling Superthread

  1. #176
    Senior Member Mad Dog Smith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,333
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: TNA Wrestling Superthread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I hope this helps.

    Saw that. From the perspective of a guy who hasn't seen him bomb before?

    Did okay in that segment I reckon.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I hope this helps.

    Saw that. From the perspective of a guy who hasn't seen him bomb before?

    Did okay in that segment I reckon.

  2. #177
    Ravishing Slick Dude KashDinero's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    London, England
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,856
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: TNA Wrestling Superthread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dog Smith View Post
    Biggest crime ever that he didn't get to wrestle at Tag Team Armageddon ...

    Come on, North Carolina! Get your stuff together!
    That was sad. I haven't felt that sad for a robot since Wall-E.

    Vanguard 1 is wrestlings answer to R2D2.

    Matt is a genius.
    PW Nerdery's Most Underrated Poster Of 2015

  3. #178
    The Guiding Light X-zero's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    8,077
    vCash
    2604
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: TNA Wrestling Superthread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mistress View Post
    Mike Benett is so whipped lol
    Yes but he seems happy being whipped.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I'd rather have VG1 feud with Trevor Lee then Andrew Everett. That guy has no character at all.
    That could be said about most of the regulars in the X-division minus DJ Z. But I did enjoy how he turned that on Helms.


    TNA Forum Title History
    Forum Championship (1 time)
    Tag Team Championship (3 time)
    X Championship (2 time)
    Internet Championship (3 time)

  4. #179
    Senior Member Mad Dog Smith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,333
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: TNA Wrestling Superthread

    Quote Originally Posted by KashDinero View Post
    That was sad. I haven't felt that sad for a robot since Wall-E.

    Vanguard 1 is wrestlings answer to R2D2.

    Matt is a genius.
    I haven't felt that sad for a robot since Johnny 5.

  5. #180
    Slammy Award Winning Falcone's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Liverpool, England
    Age
    26
    Posts
    16,441
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: TNA Wrestling Superthread

    So, remember when Hernandez rejoined TNA while being under contract to Lucha Underground and there was a minor kerfuffle, which TNA rectified by just not airing Hernandez' segments when they found out?

    TNA used a referee in their Tijuana segment on Impact who was also under contract to Lucha Underground. LU flat out threatened to sue if this segment aired, and TNA just blurred the referee out of the match.

    I mean, using a wrestler is one thing, but suing because of a fucking ref is really childish on LU's part.

    Quote Originally Posted by TJ Wyoming
    Maybe so, but at least I'm not a fucking loser. You and your country is our bitch! Been that way for a couple of centuries. And Canada (technically part of your "empire") is our bitch which makes Owens our bitch. Deal with it.
    Don't worry, he's only making PW great again

  6. #181
    PW Tag Team Champion!! HilaryFan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Stockport, England
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,235
    vCash
    1500
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: TNA Wrestling Superthread

    Yeah, between this and the way LU are now treating Fenix and Pentagon, there are some real cunts in charge at LU

    ( ?_?) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

    Currently Playing: Suikoden 1, Max Payne 1, Beyond Good and Evil, MGS Peace Walker

  7. #182
    The Guiding Light X-zero's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    8,077
    vCash
    2604
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: TNA Wrestling Superthread

    I was wondering why the ref face was blurred out. Found the reason out earlier today. LU just want to find a reason to sue but really that was childish. A ref appearing on another show doesn't really do anything for ratings.

    Also not fond of the Miracle usually but him playing more into the whipped husband is hilarious. Man you can't go because if you do I have to go home. I understand BS is trying to get them back but really Miracle is the one least involved in the plot he didn't deserve to get his picture taking with the stripper.


    TNA Forum Title History
    Forum Championship (1 time)
    Tag Team Championship (3 time)
    X Championship (2 time)
    Internet Championship (3 time)

  8. #183
    Slammy Award Winning Falcone's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Liverpool, England
    Age
    26
    Posts
    16,441
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: TNA Wrestling Superthread

    Miracle sucks. He's always sucked. Actually, sucks is harsh, but he's average in the ring and blander than a promo contest between Lance Storm and Ted Dibiase Jr.

    Also, his vendetta against Dave Meltzer is adorable. He actually believes that Dave Meltzer refusing to give his matches 5 star ratings is hurting his stock.

    It's a total Mark Mero/Sable situation, where Sable overshadowed Mark, only Mark had redeeming qualities. Maria actually put the effort in to becoming a fantastic heel, she's the only reason anybody gives the remotest of fucks about their act.

    Quote Originally Posted by TJ Wyoming
    Maybe so, but at least I'm not a fucking loser. You and your country is our bitch! Been that way for a couple of centuries. And Canada (technically part of your "empire") is our bitch which makes Owens our bitch. Deal with it.
    Don't worry, he's only making PW great again

  9. #184
    Anti-Anti-Smark Djm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The United States of Kyrat
    Posts
    18,493
    vCash
    1713
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: TNA Wrestling Superthread

    Quote Originally Posted by X-zero View Post
    I was wondering why the ref face was blurred out. Found the reason out earlier today. LU just want to find a reason to sue but really that was childish. A ref appearing on another show doesn't really do anything for ratings.

    Also not fond of the Miracle usually but him playing more into the whipped husband is hilarious. Man you can't go because if you do I have to go home. I understand BS is trying to get them back but really Miracle is the one least involved in the plot he didn't deserve to get his picture taking with the stripper.
    This is because Maria, to her credit, is the most evil person in wrestling. She has been the best heel in Impact for quite some time.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518
    he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518 View Post
    No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.
    NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!

  10. #185
    The Guiding Light X-zero's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    8,077
    vCash
    2604
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: TNA Wrestling Superthread

    Quote Originally Posted by Djm View Post
    This is because Maria, to her credit, is the most evil person in wrestling. She has been the best heel in Impact for quite some time.
    She is very good because it is hard nowadays to gain hate as a heel. And usually if people hate a heel it is because something is lacking on them. She gets hates purely on her persona since she rarely tries to wrestle.


    TNA Forum Title History
    Forum Championship (1 time)
    Tag Team Championship (3 time)
    X Championship (2 time)
    Internet Championship (3 time)

  11. #186
    Senior Member Mad Dog Smith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,333
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: TNA Wrestling Superthread

    I dont' know if that episode got better after the first 45 minutes but Jesus, that sucked. Had to tap out. Never found out what the Hardy's were up to. Could have fast forwarded through it. I guess I should have. Still got it tapped I guess.

  12. #187
    Yang Xiao Long fangirl Mistress's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Hueco Mundo, Ohio
    Age
    30
    Posts
    11,503
    vCash
    1200
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: TNA Wrestling Superthread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dog Smith View Post
    I dont' know if that episode got better after the first 45 minutes but Jesus, that sucked. Had to tap out. Never found out what the Hardy's were up to. Could have fast forwarded through it. I guess I should have. Still got it tapped I guess.
    The Hardyz won more tag gold.

    Angelina and her hubby got in another fight. This wolves storyline is dumb and boring.

    I'm intrigued to see Lashley fight the MMA guy.

    Miracle throws a really shitty bachelor party. I was hoping for something similar to his bachelor party in ROH. I will agree, Miracle as the whipped husband is funny. And Miracle is to blame because he could be talking to Maria on Braxton's behalf. Can't wait to see This wedding crash and burn.

    moose and mini moose was cute. I miss fun matches like that.



    TNA needs more E-LI DRAKE!

    Thank you Surrender!!!
    Voted Co-Most Underrated Nerdery Poster of 2014 (With Raven*)
    If prowrestling were fake, it would make every fan in the history of the sport a complete & utter moron - Monty Burns

  13. #188
    Senior Member Mad Dog Smith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,333
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: TNA Wrestling Superthread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mistress View Post
    The Hardyz won more tag gold.

    Angelina and her hubby got in another fight. This wolves storyline is dumb and boring.

    I'm intrigued to see Lashley fight the MMA guy.

    Miracle throws a really shitty bachelor party. I was hoping for something similar to his bachelor party in ROH. I will agree, Miracle as the whipped husband is funny. And Miracle is to blame because he could be talking to Maria on Braxton's behalf. Can't wait to see This wedding crash and burn.

    moose and mini moose was cute. I miss fun matches like that.



    TNA needs more E-LI DRAKE!
    I do like that part of the current company direction.

    This might seem like a crazy idea but I think TNA would be very wise to start every program with their proven stuff. The stuff they know people wanna see. I don't think conventional wisdom is always right.

    Most cards save their big matches to the end? I'd rather see them at the begining. And it goes ditto for talking segments and on location skits.

  14. #189
    Yang Xiao Long fangirl Mistress's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Hueco Mundo, Ohio
    Age
    30
    Posts
    11,503
    vCash
    1200
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: TNA Wrestling Superthread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dog Smith View Post
    I do like that part of the current company direction.

    This might seem like a crazy idea but I think TNA would be very wise to start every program with their proven stuff. The stuff they know people wanna see. I don't think conventional wisdom is always right.

    Most cards save their big matches to the end? I'd rather see them at the begining. And it goes ditto for talking segments and on location skits.
    but then they'll have people like you who turn the channel after the first hour. They are smart to kinda put the proven stuff throughout the show.

    Thank you Surrender!!!
    Voted Co-Most Underrated Nerdery Poster of 2014 (With Raven*)
    If prowrestling were fake, it would make every fan in the history of the sport a complete & utter moron - Monty Burns

  15. #190
    Senior Member Mad Dog Smith's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,333
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: TNA Wrestling Superthread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mistress View Post
    but then they'll have people like you who turn the channel after the first hour. They are smart to kinda put the proven stuff throughout the show.
    I suspect that it will be the opposite. I think they'll retain more viewers that way. Obviously they still face the same problem with having to fill out a two hour show. But if they can make more hits than misses? The audiance will forgive one or two bad segments at the end if they have all or mostly good ones at the begining.

    Hell, even three bad segments in a row might be survivable (in terms of retained viewership) if they all happen at the end instead of in the middle.

  16. #191
    Senior Member Ed's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lake Mary,Florida
    Age
    34
    Posts
    21,691
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: TNA Wrestling Superthread

    I don't care about this Josh Barnett/Lashley feud at all. It's a waste of Lashley, a segment skipper.

  17. #192
    Anti-Anti-Smark Djm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The United States of Kyrat
    Posts
    18,493
    vCash
    1713
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: TNA Wrestling Superthread

    Just watching Impact, and there is a gimmick that is catching on that could be a dark horse for the best character in wrestling.

    Quasi-alcoholic and miserable husband Mike Bennett. Any of these vignettes where you see him with Bram, he's sauced, and he's fighting through being married to the most evil heel in the universe in Maria.

    It's kinda hilarious and brilliant.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518
    he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518 View Post
    No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.
    NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!

  18. #193
    Anti-Anti-Smark Djm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The United States of Kyrat
    Posts
    18,493
    vCash
    1713
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: TNA Wrestling Superthread

    So, the Allie saga reached its climax tonight on Impact Wrestling.

    TNA deserves credit for creating an incredibly sympathetic character in Allie, a pure evil heel in Maria and all sorts of wackiness, complete with a pro wrestling wedding and making Mike Bennett sympathetic (to a point).
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518
    he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518 View Post
    No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.
    NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!

  19. #194
    Say Yeah Matt's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11,122
    vCash
    2575
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: TNA Wrestling Superthread

    Quote Originally Posted by Djm View Post
    So, the Allie saga reached its climax tonight on Impact Wrestling.

    TNA deserves credit for creating an incredibly sympathetic character in Allie, a pure evil heel in Maria and all sorts of wackiness, complete with a pro wrestling wedding and making Mike Bennett sympathetic (to a point).
    Seriously, they nailed that one. Shoutout to the mongrels in the Impact Zone too for buying in 100% and making the wedding work as well as it did.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrAndersons Mic View Post
    Im posting my thoughts not for them to be debated or argued against. I would like for folks to understand and agree with my point of view while throwing dookie at the McMahons and laughing at it.

  20. #195
    The Guiding Light X-zero's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    8,077
    vCash
    2604
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: TNA Wrestling Superthread

    I knew Cody wouldn't be happy about his wife hanging out with Moose. Brandy could have saved her "friend" if she only decayed.

    Not sure why they tried to build up the DCC to only let Jessie take them all out.

    Wedding observations:
    Sienna looks like the smallest member of the lady squad instead of the biggest when not in her ring gear.

    Laurel must not know it not good when the bride looks worse then all her female wedding party.

    Mike definitely was the most sympathetic male out there.

    Braxton was kind of a jerk for letting it get that far without saying no and leaving Laurel at the altar.

    No one acknowledge that Allie has had a contract with Impact from a while and Maria doesn't have control over her.

    I like how Spud looked up Laurel dress and a fan tried to high five him for it.

    Pretty neat that there were 3 real married couples in the ring of a fake wedding.


    TNA Forum Title History
    Forum Championship (1 time)
    Tag Team Championship (3 time)
    X Championship (2 time)
    Internet Championship (3 time)

  21. #196
    Yang Xiao Long fangirl Mistress's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Hueco Mundo, Ohio
    Age
    30
    Posts
    11,503
    vCash
    1200
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: TNA Wrestling Superthread

    Loved the wedding audience:
    Just Say No!
    Delete!
    We Object!


    Benett was so sauced lol

    Can't wait to see Allie pin Maria. Can we get some tag matches next week?
    @X-zero who are the married couples?

    Thank you Surrender!!!
    Voted Co-Most Underrated Nerdery Poster of 2014 (With Raven*)
    If prowrestling were fake, it would make every fan in the history of the sport a complete & utter moron - Monty Burns

  22. #197
    The Guiding Light X-zero's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    8,077
    vCash
    2604
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: TNA Wrestling Superthread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mistress View Post
    Loved the wedding audience:
    Just Say No!
    Delete!
    We Object!


    Benett was so sauced lol

    Can't wait to see Allie pin Maria. Can we get some tag matches next week?
    @X-zero who are the married couples?
    Bennett & Maria
    Braxton & Allie
    Robbie E and Brooke (I believe I am wrong about this one. I remembered they were on the amazing race but I guess just as a couple.)


    TNA Forum Title History
    Forum Championship (1 time)
    Tag Team Championship (3 time)
    X Championship (2 time)
    Internet Championship (3 time)

  23. #198
    Ravishing Slick Dude KashDinero's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    London, England
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,856
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: TNA Wrestling Superthread

    I thought Robbie and Brooke split up. Not sure, though, I could be wrong. I do remember feeling bad for them as I kinda thought they were great on Amazing Race together.
    PW Nerdery's Most Underrated Poster Of 2015

  24. #199
    Yang Xiao Long fangirl Mistress's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Hueco Mundo, Ohio
    Age
    30
    Posts
    11,503
    vCash
    1200
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: TNA Wrestling Superthread

    I had heard Robbie and Brooke split up after filming Amazing Race...

    Thank you Surrender!!!
    Voted Co-Most Underrated Nerdery Poster of 2014 (With Raven*)
    If prowrestling were fake, it would make every fan in the history of the sport a complete & utter moron - Monty Burns

  25. #200
    The Otaku Prince Lony's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Jericho Land
    Age
    31
    Posts
    24,971
    vCash
    3200
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: TNA Wrestling Superthread

    Yeah, pretty sure Robbie E and Brooke broke up.

    Banner Credit: Surrender
    Made Nerdery Moderator - April 21st, 2015

    Anime Currently Watching
    Attack on Titan S2, Dragon Ball Super
    MSG: Thunderbolt S2, Tiger Mask W


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •