Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Impact Wrestling Superthread

vCash
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: TNA Wrestling Superthread *SPOILERS*

And for anyone that may flip out about Dixie being on Anthem's Advisory Board, there is a concept known as the Lateral Arabesque.

Dr. Laurence J. Peter in The Peter Principle: Why Things Always Go Wrong, wrote in the early 1960's of the “lateral arabesque”, describing how companies promote incompetent employees sometimes by sending them to another department or division to get them out of the way of progress.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518
    he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518 View Post
    No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.
    NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!

vCash
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And with Dixie Carter out, guess who's back in!

Anthem Media has come to terms for Jeff Jarrett to return to TNA, PWInsider.com has confirmed. We are told that Jarrett will be at this week's TV tapings, as will his wife Karen Jarrett.

Jarrett, one of the original founders of TNA alongside his father Jerry Jarrett, resigned his position from the company in December 2013. At the time, Jarrett held the position of Executive Vice President of Development/Original Programming and his departure was seen as a huge shock at the time.
    The haters can choke on that, like the slapnuts that they are. Planet Jarrett is coming back around.
    he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
    No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.

vCash
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And there goes chance #2...

vCash
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzon View Post
    And there goes chance #2...
    Ol' Double J is a guilty pleasure of mine. He amuses me. The salt that comes with him amuses me more. He will be an "Executive Consultant" for Anthem.

Dutch Mantel is back with the company as well on creative, which is fine.

vCash
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always thought that Dutch was and is a very good booker, so it's nice to see him back in a position he thrives in.

vCash
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jeff and Karen were at an indie show I went to last year and the heat they got was absolutely insane. Seriously. I've never been to a show where heels were getting so much absolute hate from the crowd.

It was great to see Jarrett anyway...he used to be one of my favs, so it was cool to see him. Then he had a really crap match with Noam Dar (I didn't even think that was possible), which kinda sucked.

Also, Jeff is saying him being back with TNA won't affect GFW. I don't know how it would, because GFW seems to have been stuck on the starting line since 2014.

vCash
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is going to be fun.

How long will it take Double J to bring in Vinny-Ru? I'm going to give it half a year.

Yang Xiao Long fangirl Mistress's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So.....no more GFW?

Thank you Surrender!!!
    Voted Co-Most Underrated Nerdery Poster of 2014 (With Raven*)
    If prowrestling were fake, it would make every fan in the history of the sport a complete & utter moron - Monty Burns

vCash
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress View Post
    So.....no more GFW?
    Was there ever really a GFW?

Banner Credit: Surrender
    Made Nerdery Moderator - April 21st, 2015

Anime Currently Watching
    Dragon Ball Super
    MSG: Thunderbolt S2
    Tiger Mask W

vCash
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No Spud. Don't leave me!!!

Swoggle looked good in there

Thank you Surrender!!!
    If prowrestling were fake, it would make every fan in the history of the sport a complete & utter moron - Monty Burns

vCash
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For all we know, Cornette would pull a gun on Russo if Double J brought him into either TNA of GFW.
    Last edited by Dukezilla; 01-05-2017 at 10:03 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No it seems Billy Corgan took Decays amazing theme with him.
    TNA Forum Title History
    Forum Championship (1 time)
    Tag Team Championship (3 time)
    X Championship (2 time)
    Internet Championship (3 time)

vCash
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

STATE... of your fucking new logo.

Still My Champ
    Thanks, surrender.

vCash
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's.......pretty awful. Why the bird? Or is it an Owl?

God help and forgive me,
    I wanna build something thatís gonna outlive me

vCash
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ditch the bird

Thank you Surrender!!!

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by X-zero View Post
    No it seems Billy Corgan took Decays amazing theme with him.
    Nah, he didn't take the theme... He just took TNA's ability to use that song on the cheap with him...

Quote Originally Posted by CM Punk'd View Post
    STATE... of your fucking new logo.

When did TNA start their own High School Football team?

By the way, the fact that the name Anthem is off-center bothers me immensely.

One last thing, I saw somebody mention that Anthem spelled backwards is Meh-TNA... Although, I'm pretty sure it spells Killer...

vCash
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking at the logo, there is something about it that I like.

And another thing. Anthem, the company that now owns TNA, is also the same name as Rush's record label.

Plus, Anthem's logo isn't off-center. The entrance is at an arch, so the center panel makes it look off-center when looking at an angle.

Still My Champ
    Thanks, surrender.

vCash
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

January 5th Impact Thoughts

The opening match saw Moose defend his Grand Championship against Mike Bennett. These two have been going at it so often it's difficult to care about the result one way or another. What did Bennett even do to earn this championship opportunity? Were there a bunch of Xplosion wins that took place that nobody decided to fill me in on? Early portions of the match were fine, but once Moose started working like an X-Division guy it lost me. It's one thing to bust out the odd dropkick or an impressive leapfrog, it's another to hit a moonsault out of the blue. Down to the final minutes, both men do the NJPW forearm exchange, both guys go down and that's it. Before the judges even announce the result, the official lifts Moose's arm. The fix was in and this concept continues to be a joke. Later in the show, Bennett challenged Moose to a No-DQ match at the PPV to justify the segment. It's pretty difficult to mess up a slimy heel vs powerhouse premise, but everyone involved managed it. *

Hornswaggle squashed Rockstar Spud. After losing to a one-year old and now Hornswaggle, Spud has had enough and has called it quits. N/A

The Decay had a short but sweet sprint with the Helms Dynasty. The Dynasty do everything they can to isolate Crazy Steve until Steve's unorthodox style enables him to tag in Abyss. Both members of the Dynasty bump their asses off for Abyss as the monster hits a great chokeslam on Everett for the win. After the match, the lights go out and come back to reveal the DCC in the ring. They've laid out both members of the Decay with beer bottles as the segment comes to an end. The DCC gimmick maybe a waste of space, but at least it's provided the tag team division with some depth. **

Allie continued her strong character work in her match against Sienna. Sienna dominated proceedings but every now and then she'd get full of herself, piss Allie off and Allie would fire up on her. It was very simple stuff, but effective and it was easy to get into. Just as Allie was on a roll, Laurel drapes herself all over Allie's trainer and love interest Braxton Suttor, allowing Sienna to hit her big shoulder bump finish. Sienna isn't a bad Beth Phoenix clone, I just wish she had a better finish. Never the less, the match achieved what it needed to. The heels get their heat back, Sienna earns a nice win ahead of her PPV match against Rosemary and the Braxton/Allie storyline continues. **

Then in the main event we had Bobby Lashley vs Ethan Carter III vs Eddie Edwards for the TNA Championship. While we never saw the conclusion of the Lashley/Edwards match from Total Non-Stop Deletion, I like how Lashley wrote it off as a circus and he wanted a proper fight. Meanwhile Carter III was owed a championship opportunity after the December 8th edition of Impact which was ruled a draw. Lashley dominated the early proceedings, before the babyfaces bandied together to bring the big fellow down. From there, they followed the triple threat formula to a tee with Lashley constantly injecting himself and hitting the tower of doom superplex spot and the double german suplex spot that's been done to death. It sort of bothered me that nobody tried to make a cover through out since there was no real suspense through out the match. On the flipside, I enjoyed the finish. In a case of deja vu, Carter III reversed Edwards' jaw-jacker into a rear-naked chokehold but before he could bring him down, Lashley hit the spear on Edwards propelling Carter III on the exposed turnbuckles. Both babyfaces roll to the outside and while Lashley slowly sets up and executes another spear on Carter III Edwards blindsides Lashley with a tope. Lashley regained control, attempted to take a short-cut by using the TNA Championship only for Davey Richards to save the day and allow Edwards to hit the Boston Knee Party for the win.

The match had it's moments but was very formulaic save for a couple of moments. ** 1/2

vCash
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CM Punk'd View Post
    Looking at the logo, there is something about it that I like.

And another thing. Anthem, the company that now owns TNA, is also the same name as Rush's record label.

Plus, Anthem's logo isn't off-center. The entrance is at an arch, so the center panel makes it look off-center when looking at an angle.
    Also, the first track on that album is...Anthem.
    surrender

First Ever PW Heavyweight Champion!

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by whocares View Post
    Nah, he didn't take the theme... He just took TNA's ability to use that song on the cheap with him...
    Shame Decay's music videos will never be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
    January 5th Impact Thoughts

Allie continued her strong character work in her match against Sienna. Sienna dominated proceedings but every now and then she'd get full of herself, piss Allie off and Allie would fire up on her. It was very simple stuff, but effective and it was easy to get into. Just as Allie was on a roll, Laurel drapes herself all over Allie's trainer and love interest Braxton Suttor, allowing Sienna to hit her big shoulder bump finish. Sienna isn't a bad Beth Phoenix clone, I just wish she had a better finish. Never the less, the match achieved what it needed to. The heels get their heat back, Sienna earns a nice win ahead of her PPV match against Rosemary and the Braxton/Allie storyline continues. **

Then in the main event we had Bobby Lashley vs Ethan Carter III vs Eddie Edwards for the TNA Championship. While we never saw the conclusion of the Lashley/Edwards match from Total Non-Stop Deletion, I like how Lashley wrote it off as a circus and he wanted a proper fight. Meanwhile Carter III was owed a championship opportunity after the December 8th edition of Impact which was ruled a draw. Lashley dominated the early proceedings, before the babyfaces bandied together to bring the big fellow down. From there, they followed the triple threat formula to a tee with Lashley constantly injecting himself and hitting the tower of doom superplex spot and the double german suplex spot that's been done to death. It sort of bothered me that nobody tried to make a cover through out since there was no real suspense through out the match. On the flipside, I enjoyed the finish. In a case of deja vu, Carter III reversed Edwards' jaw-jacker into a rear-naked chokehold but before he could bring him down, Lashley hit the spear on Edwards propelling Carter III on the exposed turnbuckles. Both babyfaces roll to the outside and while Lashley slowly sets up and executes another spear on Carter III Edwards blindsides Lashley with a tope. Lashley regained control, attempted to take a short-cut by using the TNA Championship only for Davey Richards to save the day and allow Edwards to hit the Boston Knee Party for the win.

The match had it's moments but was very formulaic save for a couple of moments. ** 1/2
    Not sure why they make BS character seem so stupid he just waits for Laurel to come over there. Then at the end he pretty much let the lady squad force him out the arena. The silencer/the pounce needs a lot of elements to help it look good. Announcer excitement, selling by opponent, emotion from the user, and speed from the users. She should stick with the AK47.

I think EC3 who weirdly called himself Ethan Anthem the third really hurt his character and he also made a comment about that title match. It was something about them fighting in Matt Hardy backyard for their world title really help it prestige. They are also making EE look really weak in this reign needing his partner to come help him out.
    TNA Forum Title History
    Forum Championship (1 time)
    Tag Team Championship (3 time)
    X Championship (2 time)
    Internet Championship (3 time)

vCash
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I love is that this also highlights how lame Davey Richards is.

vCash
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It sucks that Davey and Angelina are back

Thank you Surrender!!!

vCash
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by X-zero View Post
    Shame Decay's music videos will never be the same.

Not sure why they make BS character seem so stupid he just waits for Laurel to come over there. Then at the end he pretty much let the lady squad force him out the arena. The silencer/the pounce needs a lot of elements to help it look good. Announcer excitement, selling by opponent, emotion from the user, and speed from the users. She should stick with the AK47.

I think EC3 who weirdly called himself Ethan Anthem the third really hurt his character and he also made a comment about that title match. It was something about them fighting in Matt Hardy backyard for their world title really help it prestige. They are also making EE look really weak in this reign needing his partner to come help him out.
    I didn't have an issue with the Suttor/Laurel stuff during the match, it isn't like he can just shove her off or make a big scene since he has to keep coaching. With that said, I agree completely that they went too far with the post-match segment.

EC3 referred to himself as Ethan Anthem the III on Twitter, which Josh Matthews relayed on the broadcast. It was just a silly quip that was perfectly acceptable on social media but during a live broadcast came off really clunky. The Total Non-Stop Deletion comment was sarcastic and he was just pointing out how valuable the belt was when he won it a year prior and hated seeing the belt defended in that manner.

Edwards is a crummy champion, but in fairness this was the first time he's relied on outside interference and that was to even up the situation.

vCash
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was wonder why Suttor didnt shove the ladies off and go to Allie post match.

Thank you Surrender!!!

vCash
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obviously they wanted to create a set-back for their relationship but you're both right Suttor came off like a dummy.

His whole shtick is that he's just a super-nice guy, so what would have worked is Laurel getting knocked off the apron, twisting her ankle causing Suttor to call for help and ensuring her well-being instead of checking on Allie post-match.

That would seem more likely than having the women sheppard Suttor away from ring-side.

Thread Information