Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Impact Wrestling Superthread

vCash
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Impact Wrestling Superthread

I've been trying to give Impact a go again but I'm struggling. This week was a lot better than last week to be fair but it still isn't exactly a fun show.

The X Division makes me so sad. It's just boring, storyless multi-man matches week after week with average talents.

The Knockouts have a story going on at least, but there is very little in-ring emphasis and it's hard to see where I can get excited match-up wise.

I admire them trying to rebuild the tag division but Reno Scum and the new Mexican team just feel like jobbers. LAX and Decay feel like big enough deals so at least there's potential there.

Cody Rhodes is great but feels wasted.

Lashley, EC3 and Del Rio is a good base for a Heavyweight Division. so I'm at least slightly interested in seeing where they go...but stripping Del Rio of the title made exactly zero sense and was pure wrestlecrap. I hope they do that everytime some sort of dodgy decision is made.

s u r r e n d e r

***Take part in PW's Match of the Year 2016 Tournament in the Wide World of Wrestling**
    http://forums.prowrestling.com/showt...53#post4407453

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never thought Konnan would be back in The Impact Zone.

Ravishing Slick Dude KashDinero's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I never thought Konnan would be back in The Impact Zone.
    Same here.

Had to watch that LAX return segment. It will be interesting to see how good (or bad) these new members are. I think I will try to catch their segments and matches at the very least when it comes to TNA. Mostly because of Homicide. With a new tag team representing LAX it would be nice to see him in the singles division. Maybe even an X-Divsion title run.
    Last edited by KashDinero; 03-19-2017 at 06:00 AM.
    PW Nerdery's Most Underrated Poster Of 2015

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KashDinero View Post
    Same here.

Had to watch that LAX return segment. It will be interesting to see how good (or bad) these new members are. I think I will try to catch their segments and matches at the very least when it comes to TNA. Mostly because of Homicide. With a new tag team representing LAX it would be nice to see him in the singles division. Maybe even an X-Divsion title run.
    I think Ortiz & Santana are an indy team known as E.Y.F.B.O. I'm not exactly sure though.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's cool to see LAX back. Their fued with Daniels & AJ around 2006 was awesome, for a while they were one of if not the most over act in the company.

vCash
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Impact now has a new partnership with AAA. In the Anthem era, the company has partnerships with AAA and Pro Wrestling NOAH. I see that Jeff Jarrett is continuing what he was doing with whatever GFW was/is. He was good at starting partnerships with companies in various companies. I want to see what the partnerships will entail for the tapings for Impact. There's a few guys that I would love to show up for tapings. Hell, bring back the World X Cup because why not? I just love tournaments.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by X-zero View Post
    He is leading another horrible stable: The DCC see "The Revolution." He still wrestles but their gimmick is vague. It is seems like a hacker gimmick but all they do is wear mask, suits, and usually lose.
    Ok, thank you for the update. Now I'm not womdering (in heaven's name have they done"

http://s7.zetaboards.com/S_W_A_T/index/

My beautiful oldest grand daughter Munchkin born Sept 6, 2012, And Evie Girl August 20, 2014
    2013 my beautiful son died, 2014 my dad died and in 2016 my loved Teddy the Pom, may they RIP

[/color]

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's TNA fixation with Suicide? he's such a tired character.

vCash
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's TNA fixation with Suicide? he's such a tired character.
    Impact Wrestling is cutting costs, so the bookers have resorted to short-cuts. The Suicide gimmick is established and can be played by anybody. It's an easy stop-gap measure in a division that requires as many bodies as possible to fill their multi-men quota.

Similar story with LAX. They needed some established main event talent, Konnan and Homicide have screen presence and the LAX brand was one of the more well received factions in TNA history.

Impact is in a delicate situation. While they desperately need to find new stars, those take time to produce. What they need now is a few established names like El Patron, Lashley etc. to hold the fort and then in the next set of tapings start bringing in some talent that haven't been given their due and push them so fans can accept them as stars, allowing the transition to happen gracefully.

I still think they're facing an uphill battle. The way they tape their television doesn't allow them to build a relationship with their audience and committing to so many months of television has some drawbacks. We saw that with the Hardy situation where they wouldn't allow the Hardys to appear since they needed to make sure they wouldn't sign with the WWE before they appeared on Impact Wrestling.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The DCC looks to be dead in the water already since they were used as a stepping for Reno Scum in their debut.

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking through these comments I can't help but think that maybe it's possible that TNA has just done too much to it's fan base.

After everything that happened with Dixie Carter our only hope for a long time was a new ownership group.

And now, completely fatigued with bad wrestling and bad wrestling press, we got that ownership group.

Only to find that they're kinda dicks too.

Maybe I'm off base here but could it be that this Anthem/Hardy thing was the last straw? We just can't take anymore bullshit and that's why the show isn't appealing to us?

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The DCC looks to be dead in the water already since they were used as a stepping for Reno Scum in their debut.
    That was a bad idea from the begining. it ruined STorms character again. he came back from the cult thing all, "Oh, that wasn't really me, my grandmother told me so ...".

And now this shit again.

And what a terrible way to debut Kingston, who I don't think they know who they have in him.

vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dog Smith View Post
    That was a bad idea from the begining. it ruined STorms character again. he came back from the cult thing all, "Oh, that wasn't really me, my grandmother told me so ...".

And now this shit again.

And what a terrible way to debut Kingston, who I don't think they know who they have in him.
    While I've generally had a lot of time for the roster over the years I've found the company often lacking in a clue as to how use them correctly in terms of placement on the card, marketing them to their best abilities and generally booking them. Not always, as they got it right on occasion over the years, and I was a big TNA fan pre-Hogan era, but much like RoH these days, so many of the components that I actually enjoyed are long gone.

Also, agreed on the Broken situation. I really wanted to give them a chance and begin investing in the product, but I got a bad taste after this situation.

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While I've generally had a lot of time for the roster over the years I've found the company often lacking in a clue as to how use them correctly in terms of placement on the card, marketing them to their best abilities and generally booking them. Not always, as they got it right on occasion over the years, and I was a big TNA fan pre-Hogan era, but much like RoH these days, so many of the components that I actually enjoyed are long gone.

Also, agreed on the Broken situation. I really wanted to give them a chance and begin investing in the product, but I got a bad taste after this situation.
    Right. Maybe this is a stretch but can you compare it to the WCCW situation?

I remember a few interviews, most notably the WWE documentary where Gary Hart said that the fans were tired and devasted.

They lost David, they lost Mike, they lost Kerry and they lost another Von ERich too.

For the fans to go to the shows, watch it on TV, all of that ... it was too emotionally draining.

I think TNA might have that with fans because the fans just don't see an end to bull shit coming. Getting rid of Dixie was supposed to be the catalyst. Impact Wrestling was supposed to be the Good guys again.

But I still the future prospects of the company will be fine. They're future is with new fans and they're in a position to get them.

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Josh pretty much sucks as a announcer, but I might not mind him as a manager.

vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dog Smith
    Maybe this is a stretch but can you compare it to the WCCW situation?

I remember a few interviews, most notably the WWE documentary where Gary Hart said that the fans were tired and devasted.

They lost David, they lost Mike, they lost Kerry and they lost another Von ERich too.

For the fans to go to the shows, watch it on TV, all of that ... it was too emotionally draining.

I think TNA might have that with fans because the fans just don't see an end to bull shit coming. Getting rid of Dixie was supposed to be the catalyst. Impact Wrestling was supposed to be the Good guys again.

But I still the future prospects of the company will be fine. They're future is with new fans and they're in a position to get them.
    Actually, that is a pretty good analogy, if a little on the extreme end of it. Loved the VE's. Loved the OG TNA crew. Far too many mishaps and shennanigans along the way that I found upsetting and off putting. Couple that with the fact that my interests have always spread far across the wrestling landscape and I find little to keep me invested. With so much good shit out there I haven't got time or the desire to watch their full shows.

For me, for now, their YouTube channel will suffice.

Another thing that put me off when I stuck my head in for a sec was what they were doing with James Storm and that group he was in. Seemed like a waste. He should be in a far more prominent role. I know he has left that group now, but it annoyed me because he should have been presented on TV as a bigger deal than that. Same goes for Eddie Kingston. He should be lined up for one singles feud after the next, not bogged down in basement level stupidness and convoluted wrestlecrap. Give the man a mic, point him towards someone near the top of the card and let him rip. At this point I would like to see things in TNA become more simplified. When I saw El Patron had won the World title I was actually pleasantly surprised. Then they had him give the belt back and I was out. Just nonsense. What was the point? How was this meant to do anything but insult the viewer? Who did it benefit? Not AEP. Not Lashley. Not me. I don't care if Alberto wins the belt again (or for the first time) now. The magic, however small it was, has gone.

Tetris Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

vCash
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As far as Storm goes, I don't know why he didn't just stay in NXT. I wonder if it's much of a punch in the gut to know how much success Roode has had there.

A ton and a half of credit to Rad for this superb artwork

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
    Days Oncall has left to use his MITB Contract: 363

vCash
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oncall View Post
    As far as Storm goes, I don't know why he didn't just stay in NXT. I wonder if it's much of a punch in the gut to know how much success Roode has had there.
    He spoke to Bill Apter about it and basically TNA offered him the better deal.

Better pay with less dates.

It wasn't a straight forward decision, although I'm sure if he knew that Bobby Roode would make the switch, if he'd make the same decision.

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, that is a pretty good analogy, if a little on the extreme end of it. Loved the VE's. Loved the OG TNA crew. Far too many mishaps and shennanigans along the way that I found upsetting and off putting. Couple that with the fact that my interests have always spread far across the wrestling landscape and I find little to keep me invested. With so much good shit out there I haven't got time or the desire to watch their full shows.

For me, for now, their YouTube channel will suffice.

Another thing that put me off when I stuck my head in for a sec was what they were doing with James Storm and that group he was in. Seemed like a waste. He should be in a far more prominent role. I know he has left that group now, but it annoyed me because he should have been presented on TV as a bigger deal than that. Same goes for Eddie Kingston. He should be lined up for one singles feud after the next, not bogged down in basement level stupidness and convoluted wrestlecrap. Give the man a mic, point him towards someone near the top of the card and let him rip. At this point I would like to see things in TNA become more simplified. When I saw El Patron had won the World title I was actually pleasantly surprised. Then they had him give the belt back and I was out. Just nonsense. What was the point? How was this meant to do anything but insult the viewer? Who did it benefit? Not AEP. Not Lashley. Not me. I don't care if Alberto wins the belt again (or for the first time) now. The magic, however small it was, has gone.

You're right about there being such a wealth of great wrestling promotions out there.

I just bought the WCPW subscription. What Culutre Extra? I've only watched the first hour of their last PPV and I loved it. There's simply too much good wrestling out there.

And yeah, Kingston is amazing. His feud with Silas Young in AAW? I mean, come on! TNA should be printing money with their roster.

Yang Xiao Long fangirl Mistress's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I enjoyed the show. Love having LAX back. I was impressed with Ortiz&Santana. Now just cant to see Angel in action soon. I marked seeing ODB. Excited Rebel is back. I was happy with their match.

No El Patron made me sad, though.

Josh needs to be fired, btw

Thank you Surrender!!!
    Voted Co-Most Underrated Nerdery Poster of 2014 (With Raven*)
    If prowrestling were fake, it would make every fan in the history of the sport a complete & utter moron - Monty Burns

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the new direction Impact is going in. Apparently, someone in Impact management read my post a few weeks back. I said they needed to bring in new international talent on a weekly basis and figuring out who they want to keep based on fans reactions. Americans always love something New. It doesn't matter if it sucks as long as its new. Thats why people fall in love with so many new politicians until they have been around for a while and people realize they are pretty much like all the others. Now, the company has brought in new talent and some old talent. They need to trim the roster quickly and repeat the process. Hell, some of the guys can be repackaged Lucha style. Just toss a cool looking mask on them and call them something other than El Bendejos(a often used name for masked heels at old TNA house shows).

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress View Post
    I enjoyed the show. Love having LAX back. I was impressed with Ortiz&Santana. Now just cant to see Angel in action soon. I marked seeing ODB. Excited Rebel is back. I was happy with their match.

No El Patron made me sad, though.

Josh needs to be fired, btw
    I have the opposite opinion. ODB feels so dated and from I've seen of Rebel she's pretty bad in the ring.

You're talking to god! CarlitoCool9111's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dat ass doe.
    Austin Aries> CM Punk

Yang Xiao Long fangirl Mistress's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rebel has time to improve.. I have faith in her. Besides, she isn't about to be champ or anything. ODB just brings nostalgia and a good time. I love it

Thank you Surrender!!!
    Voted Co-Most Underrated Nerdery Poster of 2014 (With Raven*)
    If prowrestling were fake, it would make every fan in the history of the sport a complete & utter moron - Monty Burns

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saw this earlier today

TNA Forum Title History
    Forum Championship (1 time)
    Tag Team Championship (3 time)
    X Championship (2 time)
    Internet Championship (3 time)