Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Election day 2016 coverage, who will become President?

vCash
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Election day 2016 coverage, who will become President?

Quote Originally Posted by The Hypeman View Post
    Well today I saw a homeless person get turned away for not having a proper photo ID. He told them all he had was a bus pass. I don't even know how a guy like that would obtain a proper ID.

Your driver's license counts, but not everybody drives. In the US, you are not given a government-issued ID automatically. Getting new photo ID is a pain in the ass if you don't have your documents in order or already own some type of valid non-expired photo ID. So naturally it disrupts poor people from voting. It is an issue with the difficulty that poorer people have in obtaining a photo ID.

We we don't get free ID cards either but you still need them to vote. How do you prove you're who you say you are? What's to stop someone just going round all of the polling stations with different names they know and voting multiple times, stealing people's votes? I genuinely don't understand why it's ok to vote without id.

s u r r e n d e r

***Take part in PW's Match of the Year 2016 Tournament in the Wide World of Wrestling**
    http://forums.prowrestling.com/showt...53#post4407453

vCash
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, existing voting fraud laws exist there. You could go to different places, but you would have to know a lot about the person you are hoping to take the vote of. Also if you get caught it is 10k fine or five years jail. And this is something that judges will hit people hard with. In general it is a non-issue though. The same amount of people who say they committed voter fraud is the same amount that say they were forcefully abducted by aliens.

Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Guy View Post
    Before they explain that, have them explain why democrat run cities have the most poor?
    Right after you explain why Republicans run four of the five poorest states in the country by median household income...

vCash
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So it's the republicans fault for the poor? Or is that because these cities with the most poor are run by democrats? I'm not sure how this works. Blame everything on the republicans.
    This is what was done in NC. Someone like me who is trained in statistical analysis was told to look at black voter habits. They then contrasted them with white voter habits. In the five areas of the largest differences they enacted laws that would force about 30 percent of black voters to change the way they voted. The turnout was a 10 percent drop in black voting. This law was not only racist though it is illegal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    Right after you explain why Republicans run four of the five poorest states in the country by median household income...
    Those do not count because they are white poor. Only black people can be poor in the GOP model.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, Hypemans argument is that poor black people are being screwed from voting. So I'm staying on topic, while you guys divert.

Hellraiser

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I voted for Gary Johnson, the 3rd option on ALL 50 States ballots. Hopefully he gets 5% or more, so there will be more coverage next time for the Libertarian candidate. I may not agree with everything Governor Johnson stands for, but he is way better than Donald Trump and Senator Hillary Clinton. I voted a couple weeks ago to avoid any problems.

Hellraiser

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't understand how hard it is to get a state issued ID to vote. It doesn't have to be a driver's license, you can have a state issued ID card among other things. How else would you provide proof of residency and identity? Oh just trust me, I live down the block, please.

vCash
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, Hypemans argument is that poor black people are being screwed from voting. So I'm staying on topic, while you guys divert.
    I never mentioned any race. I said stricter voter ID laws make it harder for poor people to vote. Then you deflected the blame away from Republican lawmakers who have been heavily pushing for these laws.

Specifically you asked the absurd question, "So it's the republicans fault for the poor?" which is not at all what anyone at any point suggested. It's just a random question you've pulled out from nowhere while we were talking about voter ID laws and poor voter turnout.

vCash
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By talking about Chicago and Baltimore, not North Carolina...

vCash
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMayhem View Post
    I don't understand how hard it is to get a state issued ID to vote. It doesn't have to be a driver's license, you can have a state issued ID card among other things. How else would you provide proof of residency and identity? Oh just trust me, I live down the block, please.
    I provided proof of residency with two pieces of mail sent through someone that established where I live, but I live in a small town so it's not hard if you provide mail from a utilities company to prove that's where you live.

As for complication in getting an ID, as Engel pointed out in order to have those you have to provide a birth certificate and Social Security Card which can be complicated depending on where you're from. You'll always have to get them from the State you were born in and each state has different requirements. As a Missourian that lives fairly close to Missouri still, I just go into a county health office anywhere in the state and get a birth certificate with a small charge. If I'd been born in Iowa I could only get it from the county I was born in. For people who aren't living near where they were born that is a serious complication, and they don't hand out ID's or birth certificates, they charge for them so there's a money concern as well.

Voting is a fundamental right. If having photo ID is a requirement to express that right, then you should have considerably easier access to photo ID at no cost to you. You're voting Gary Johnson, I can't imagine that you like the government putting up significant bureaucracy to getting a photo ID.

vCash
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LMAO, pretty much dead on:

@Foos

Tetris Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

vCash
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found a tweet that sums up exactly how I feel, to paraphrase it.

I'll celebrate if Clinton wins, not because she won but because it means Trump lost.

A ton and a half of credit to Rad for this superb artwork

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    It's so nice knowing i'm no longer alone

They still play defense? The Real LT's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For all our non-American posters. I have a serious question.

Why do you guys seem to think a Trump presidency will lead to war, yet Hillary Clinton is the one that is calling for a no-fly zone over Syria, likely provoking war with Russia?

And this is on top of the rest of her hawkish track record, well documented here...

http://swampland.time.com/2014/01/14...ces-2016-test/

Actions speak louder than words people. Trump may have a big mouth and talk out of his ass, but Hillary has shown REPEATEDLY that she is willing use military force to intervene in foreign affairs.

vCash
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Real LT View Post

Why do you guys seem to think a Trump presidency will lead to war, yet Hillary Clinton is the one that is calling for a no-fly zone over Syria, likely provoking war with Russia?

And this is on top of the rest of her hawkish track record, well documented here...

Actions speak louder than words people. Trump may have a big mouth and talk out of his ass, but Hillary has shown REPEATEDLY that she is willing use military force to intervene in foreign affairs.
    As a non-American I don't think that. A Hilary presidency scares me plenty. My dream scenario is Trump gets elected and gets impeached very quickly. I could live with Pence.

s u r r e n d e r

***Take part in PW's Match of the Year 2016 Tournament in the Wide World of Wrestling**
    http://forums.prowrestling.com/showt...53#post4407453

Tetris Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

vCash
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Real LT View Post

Personally speaking, Trump comes across as unhinged, like it wouldn't take much for him to go from no war to complete war based on little more then whims. Yes Hillary has used a lot of military force but it comes across differently, like she might try other options first. She just seems more measured, whether she is is obviously very questionable but that's how she appears, at least to my eyes and based on a study I found the results of this morning, 3 quarters of Australia and New Zealand combined, feel the same way and would prefer her to be President.

I know i've used it as reference more then once but I can't see Hillary flipping out over an SNL sketch and demanding a show be cancelled simply because they poked fun at her.

A ton and a half of credit to Rad for this superb artwork

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    It's so nice knowing i'm no longer alone

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Supposedly the only poll to correctly predict the Brexit is predicting a Trump victory.

At this point I'd be legit shocked if Hillary didn't win though personally.

vCash
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think there is a legitimate argument that Hillary understands the notion of proportional response and Trump doesn't, given multiple statements he's made.

She's certainly hawkish, but she's not as immature as he presents himself on this issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrose Mark View Post
    Supposedly the only poll to correctly predict the Brexit is predicting a Trump victory.

At this point I'd be legit shocked if Hillary didn't win though personally.
    Multiple polls predicted brexit.

https://ig.ft.com/sites/brexit-polling/
    Last edited by mikec; 11-08-2016 at 06:50 PM.

Moderately Moderating Michinokudriver's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Main Event View Post
    Here's to 5% for Libertarians! Would be a great start at changing how politics go in the future.
    That's me! (Just for a viable third party, if nothing else.)

Also, vote swapping from battleground to safe states is now a thing.

Also also, hopefully not enough people know about this to potentially turn California from safe blue to purple. Like, it's one thing if I and twenty other people do it but it's another thing when tens of thousands of CA's start doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMayhem View Post
    When it's coupled with shutting down/heavily restricting hours at DMV's -- but only SPECIFIC DMV's in particular in specific locations, it starts to look suspicious. Couple that with efforts to say that concealed carry permits are absolutely good enough for voting but college student ID's are not and it's pretty clear what's going on here.

Nominee: PW's Most Knowledgeable Poster, 2006
    Co-winner: PW's Most Knowledgeable Nerd, 2006

vCash
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Comparing a presidential election to Brexit is apples and oranges. Polling data is always going to be less reliable for a popular vote and much more sophisticated when it comes to an electoral vote.

Though I will say that the bookmakers had Brexit at about 11/2 when the polls closed and that is pretty much as wrong as they could ever be, so it can happen.

I read somewhere that undecided/third-party voters were polling at 12% or something like that which is big, and certainly something for Trump to cling to. Looking at the polling data there's not much else to fill him or his supporters with hope.

vCash
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've gotta give at least some credit to Trump. Winning Michigan would be quite possibly the biggest election related upset in recent memory.

Also for some reason, we don't get "I Voted" stickers here in Hawaii, we just get these papers.

Last edited by Dukezilla; 11-08-2016 at 07:16 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish we had the ability to embed tweets here. A list of the time polls closes along with when AP called the state in the 2012 election.

https://twitter.com/JeffersonObama/s...840961/photo/1

vCash
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really don't have the nerve or patience to argue against ignorant comments guys, so I'll digress.

In the next hour plus, we will know how this race is going to shape out. The East Coast can make or break Trump, so let's see what happens.

I predict him taking PA, Florida, Georgia, Ohio and Iowa. I'm on the fence with New Hampshire and Michigan, but I don't think Nevada is going to go to him. Shit, actually I do. I think he sweeps all of them!

I'M ON THE TRUMP TRAIN UNTIL IT MAKES ITS FINAL STOP INTO THE WHITE HOUSE!

CHOOOOOOOOO CHOOOOOOOOO!

vCash
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, what channel are you guys following this election on?

I'm watching FoxNews and changing to that loser channel Clinton News Network on commercials. I am so amped. I'm well over 12 hours of being Trumped up now. Been up since 530, voted at 615ish and am here to see how little of a difference my vote made in NY, but if America is smart enough to vote for Trump and save the country.

vCash
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't hate myself enough to watch television coverage of this. I'll stick to journalists and online publications on twitter.

vCash
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just found out that Bill Clinton has a black son and that Chelse Clinton is the daughter of Webb Hubbell and not Bill Clinton.

This families a joke.

Thread Information