Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Election day 2016 coverage, who will become President?

vCash
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Election day 2016 coverage, who will become President?

Quote Originally Posted by Raven* View Post
    Eric Trump posted his ballot on twitter showing that he voted for his father which is illegal. He deleted the tweet, but obviously that doesn't erase it.

LOCK.HIM.UP.
    He can share a prison cell with Hillary supporter, Justin Timberlake.

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not shocking Durham county's voting machines went down here in NC. Filled ballots filled out found in Orange county, and now "machine failure" in Durham shows shade in the two most concentrated democratic spots in NC.

Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    I don't think anyone thought either was a lock a few days ago and the 538 swing on them has a lot to do with national polls and what a race looks like if Hillary is up 4 instead of 3 or 2. I think Trump will win North Carolina because of how well the Republicans have done at suppressing black vote in the state.

I think she wins Florida and that decides it early. The Hispanic early vote doubling in Florida is a bad sign for Trump, even if Cubans might be more pro-Republican in general they are also first or second generation immigrants typically...
    They actually released a press release on that. Not the Democrats; the Republicians. They're actually proud of it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Voted. Now I need a shower.

vCash
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Guy View Post

That has nothing to do with the Republicans, bro. Did you sincerely think African Americans were going to go out of their way to vote for Hillary Clinton like they did for Barack Obama? We already discussed the racial reasons as to why they went out and voted for Obama in record breaking numbers. They're not going to do the same for someone they know can't relate to them. Someone who has called them super predators. As a matter of fact, the racist movement of BLM was outside of the Clinton building in Harlem shouting they're NOT with her, because they wouldn't let them in their building.

This is the last day we get to have these ugly conversations, so let's not try and say BS on the final day too. We know which group is the most racist and it's not either party.
    I'm working and subsequently don't have time to find links, but search for recent court rulings on voter suppression in North Carolina and you'll find a handful of cases where Republicans in the state used tactics to minimize votes primarily from black people.

Also it's illegal to share a picture of your ballot? That's dumb.

vCash
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm working and subsequently don't have time to find links, but search for recent court rulings on voter suppression in North Carolina and you'll find a handful of cases where Republicans in the state used tactics to minimize votes primarily from black people.

He brought this up before when he asked for a debate. He had his answers there (I personally provided it).

He honestly doesn't care at this point so you'd just be wasting your time. He's also the same guy who said it was racist that black people predominantly voted for Obama.

I also agree with you that it being illegal to share a picture of your ballot is dumb.

They still play defense? The Real LT's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Don't fuck it America.

Sincerely,

The World
    Too late. Both Hillary and Trump are on the ballot.

vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, you can face up to one year in prison for it.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...s-working.html

This is a good link for voter suppression.

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah voter suppression is hard here as you need ID and need to register to vote two weeks or so before the election. Both were set up to keep the black community from voting. While close NC is has more democratic voters, so the way the GOP stays in power is to systematically cut down the power of the democrats, targeting black and hispanic voters.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Raven* View Post
    Yeah, you can face up to one year in prison for it.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...s-working.html

This is a good link for voter suppression.
    The money quote is here:

Hurricane Matthew, which flooded 32 counties, also affected turnout: There, blacks have voted at 79 percent of 2012 levels. But think about that for a moment: Turnout was higher in counties under a state of emergency than in counties with new voter suppression rules.

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup, it is bad. Racism is alive and well in this state. Not so bad in the liberal college areas, but once you leave the cities it start to show more and more. The ID requirements were what killed many. John Oliver did a show on this that details out why little things like ID requirements can see massive drops in voter turnout.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Engel View Post
    Yeah voter suppression is hard here as you need ID and need to register to vote two weeks or so before the election. Both were set up to keep the black community from voting. While close NC is has more democratic voters, so the way the GOP stays in power is to systematically cut down the power of the democrats, targeting black and hispanic voters.

Stupid question here from a non-American, but how do you vote without ID? Like, to me that seems like the most basic thing you would need to vote - to prove who you are? And why are African Americans less likely to have ID? Does your driver's licence not count or something? Genuinely want to know.

s u r r e n d e r

***Take part in PW's Match of the Year 2016 Tournament in the Wide World of Wrestling**
    http://forums.prowrestling.com/showt...53#post4407453

vCash
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    He brought this up before when he asked for a debate. He had his answers there (I personally provided it).

He honestly doesn't care at this point so you'd just be wasting your time. He's also the same guy who said it was racist that black people predominantly voted for Obama.

I also agree with you that it being illegal to share a picture of your ballot is dumb.
    It is racist that they voted for Obama.

Which is funny because on the previous thread, everyone was so openly saying how all Trump rallies are white WHICH led to my comments on Obama as a proven rebuttal.

vCash
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally can NOT wait for Trump to be president so I can send private messages of the new president to @T-Bone and @KingInTheNorth who are almost as obnoxious as me. Which is too damn obnoxious for my liking.

Space Invaders Champion! Hexxagon Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2

vCash
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I voted a few hours ago. There were as many people outside reading everything on the ballot except the first sheet (presidency) as there were in line. It's not like a sample ballot is that hard to find.
    If all of mankind minus one were of of one opinion, and only one person of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
    -John Stuart Mill

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just for the fun of it, I played around with an interactive electoral map and changed all of the states to red/blue according to whoever is ahead as of right now in Real Clear Politics' averages. As of right now, Hillary would beat Trump 273-265. If Trump could manage to somehow take a state like New Hampshire from Hillary though, we'd have a tie 269-269 (which I know we've discussed on here before). God, I am having anxiety.

vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Stupid question here from a non-American, but how do you vote without ID? Like, to me that seems like the most basic thing you would need to vote - to prove who you are? And why are African Americans less likely to have ID? Does your driver's licence not count or something? Genuinely want to know.
    Well today I saw a homeless person get turned away for not having a proper photo ID. He told them all he had was a bus pass. I don't even know how a guy like that would obtain a proper ID.

Your driver's license counts, but not everybody drives. In the US, you are not given a government-issued ID automatically. Getting new photo ID is a pain in the ass if you don't have your documents in order or already own some type of valid non-expired photo ID. So naturally it disrupts poor people from voting. It is an issue with the difficulty that poorer people have in obtaining a photo ID.

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    To get a driver's license you need a birth certificate and social security card. In NC you need proof of insurance, whether or not you own a car, for a license, so if you do not have a car you generally do not have a license. Otherwise it is about $1000 dollars to get insurance for a week on your license, to then get proof of insurance for the license. It is a really bizarre ruling made to complicate the ID requirements for voting.

Now if you lose your birth certificate you need to get it again, but they can only be reissued at the courthouse or town hall of your birth. Some places online can do this, but a trend here is appearing. If you are poor, this assumes you have access to things you do not. Social security card replacement requires the birth certificate. Again there is cost associated with this. A general state ID can be had with the birth certificate and social security card, but there is a cost there too. For me I had to pay about 160 dollars to get my license in NC, which included replacing my birth certificate and social security cards.

So the black poor, generally now are left with a modern day poll tax they cannot afford, and documents they cannot get because they lack the prerequisite documents. The law in NC was created using voting data to systematically target African Americans. It was found that 30 percent lack ID's, so the ID was enacted. It was found many voted early and same day registered, so both of those were limited. This law was so crazy it demanded that before people get a NC license, they had to retake a driving test.

John Oliver's coverage of this is spot on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHFOwlMCdto
    Last edited by Engel; 11-08-2016 at 01:39 PM.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Hypeman View Post
    Well today I saw a homeless person get turned away for not having a proper photo ID. He told them all he had was a bus pass. I don't even know how a guy like that would obtain a proper ID.

Your driver's license counts, but not everybody drives. In the US, you are not given a government-issued ID automatically. Getting new photo ID is a pain in the ass if you don't have your documents in order or already own some type of valid non-expired photo ID. So naturally it disrupts poor people from voting. It is an issue with the difficulty that poorer people have in obtaining a photo ID.
    That is the really the point, he would not be able to get an ID.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Surprising results in certain Eastern states would suggest that results differ from pre-election polls. Possible causes include biases such as unexpected turnout effects, unrepresentative models by pollsters, or missing Trump or Clinton voters coming out of the woodwork.

Early warnings for a larger-than-expected Clinton win: North Carolina (closing time 7:30 pm, polling median at Clinton +1%) and New Hampshire (closing time 7:30-8:30pm, Clinton +1%). New Hampshire is a homogeneous and quickly-reporting state. Clinton wins in these two states would indicate that she is at or above her pre-election polling performance. If Clinton loses these states, tonight may be a nail-biter.

Trump has a reasonable path to win if he takes three of the following four states: Florida, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and Michigan.

Slow counting: Virginia is slow-counting in a way that makes Republican candidates appear stronger than their eventual finish. Ignore early counts.

Inaccurate polling: Nevada's pre-election polls often understate Democratic support. If there is a gap there, it does not foretell a gap elsewhere in the nation.
    Fun guide from PEC.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently two Florida election officials were fired not too long ago
    Now you're on the field callin' me an asshole, 'Cause I roped up your body like a lasso

And I could be just like Mr. HK, runnin' cause a melee
    Bring my team a W, I'm poppin' shots like Pele

They still play defense? The Real LT's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's to 5% for Libertarians! Would be a great start at changing how politics go in the future.
    Amen to that. Because if THIS is not the election to vote Third Party there never will be one.

vCash
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So it's the republicans fault for the poor? Or is that because these cities with the most poor are run by democrats? I'm not sure how this works. Blame everything on the republicans.

vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Guy View Post
    So it's the republicans fault for the poor? Or is that because these cities with the most poor are run by democrats? I'm not sure how this works. Blame everything on the republicans.
    Yeah someone is going to have to explain to us why its Republicans' fault that Republicans are pushing for stricter voter ID laws.

vCash
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Hypeman View Post
    Yeah someone is going to have to explain to us why its Republicans' fault that Republicans are pushing for stricter voter ID laws.
    Before they explain that, have them explain why democrat run cities have the most poor? Baltimore, for example, has become a fire filled shit hole under Obamas watch. You could probably help and explain that one. The crime rate in democrat run Chicago is insane. But yeah, stricter ID laws and tax returns are Americas biggest problem. Please.

If Hillary wins, this country is fucked. End of story.

Thread Information