Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2016-2017 Regular Season Discussion

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: NBA 2016-2017 Regular Season Discussions

@mikec McCaw's college highlights are pretty impressive from what I've seen, along with what he's done so far in the preseason games. He didn't do much in the Spurs blowout loss but he has the drive, agility and timing to give Davis problems. You'd expect Davis to simply blow right by McCaw but I don't think that'd be the case overall. It's halftime during the Pelicans vs Warriors game with the Warriors up by 9. It's 59-50. So far McCaw hit a nice 3 pointer and a steal. I see him having a bigger impact in the 2nd half.

Zaza's stepped up, which is great. He made some shots and free throws, grabbed rebounds, blocked, etc As I was saying earlier about Looney, I hope he makes an impact in the game maybe sometime in the 4th quarter. That cat's talented and if not him, then they could at least give McGee some minutes.

vCash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Suns/Thunder is entertaining Westbrook got triple double but take 42 shots that will make Kobe proud

vCash
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soulblazed View Post
    @mikec McCaw's college highlights are pretty impressive from what I've seen, along with what he's done so far in the preseason games. He didn't do much in the Spurs blowout loss but he has the drive, agility and timing to give Davis problems. You'd expect Davis to simply blow right by McCaw but I don't think that'd be the case overall. It's halftime during the Pelicans vs Warriors game with the Warriors up by 9. It's 59-50. So far McCaw hit a nice 3 pointer and a steal. I see him having a bigger impact in the 2nd half.

Zaza's stepped up, which is great. He made some shots and free throws, grabbed rebounds, blocked, etc As I was saying earlier about Looney, I hope he makes an impact in the game maybe sometime in the 4th quarter. That cat's talented and if not him, then they could at least give McGee some minutes.
    He's still a rookie project and you're talking about him being a good matchup for a dominant big guy...

It's ok to like a rookie, but there's a reason he was available to the Warriors. He might be better than expected, but to put him on a level with Anthony David is just unrealistic craziness.

vCash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Heat vs Hornets game was pretty damn wild first Heat up by 30 hornets make a nice comeback and fast forward in the 4th quarter two minutes left Hornets up by 10 but almost choke Heat blew the 10 point lead narrow down the gap but Hornets did win the game by five Jeremy Lamb play much than he was on season opener.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel bad for Anthony Davis. Dude is playing out of this world, but his team sucks, so it amounts to nothing.

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    He's still a rookie project and you're talking about him being a good matchup for a dominant big guy...

It's ok to like a rookie, but there's a reason he was available to the Warriors. He might be better than expected, but to put him on a level with Anthony David is just unrealistic craziness.
    All I'm saying is that McCaw could surprise Davis later in the season. Not that he can play night in night on on Davis' level. That's what I'm getting at. Speaking of McCaw, he'll miss a few games due to a sprained ankle.

Durant(along with Klay) stepped up more tonight and it's time for the rest of the Warriors to follow suit. OKC's coming to Oakland and the Warriors need to outplay OKC. Considering Westbrook's crazy game recently the Warriors will have to collectively make Westbrook take tough shots and successfully get past Kanter and Adams.

vCash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ToxicAvenger View Post
    I feel bad for Anthony Davis. Dude is playing out of this world, but his team sucks, so it amounts to nothing.

Yeah his supporting cast suck it is going to be matter of time when AD have enough if the organization don't get a better supporting cast and team improve and demand a trade.

vCash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Knicks vs Pistons Knicks defense so far this early season is like swish cheese Knicks did keep it close but was ice cold down the stretch.

Kings vs Heat went to OT I find ti swktch a different game when the Warriors vs Blazers game starts oh and the Wolves are dominating.

vCash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warriors seem a step slower than the Blazers Blazers are playing a faster pace up 14-7 right now if anything with CJ guarding Klay I will have Klay posting him up since Klay have the height advantage use that advantage keep going to him until they double team him or hey make some sort adjustments

vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How are the Warriors in the lead despite Curry playing poorly and Lillard starting hot?

vCash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since Warriors bring some of the bench seem to play a little bit better defense tryjng to push he ball getting i transition

Edit: Clark have been a spark off the bench so far in this game I wonder if he keeps that up when the game progress.

vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pduh View Post
    Edit: Clark have been a spark off the bench so far in this game I wonder if he keeps that up when the game progress.
    Some of those three point shots were beautiful.

Even I could see the improvement on defence the Warriors had right at the end of that first half. Early on they were just letting Dame walk to the basket but they really stepped it up.

vCash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Curry missed a free throw you don't see that very often

I like the Turner addition for the Blazers but I don't like they overpaid the guy though

vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pduh View Post
    I like the Turner addition for the Blazers but I don't like they overpaid the guy though
    That was a beautiful reverse layup from him. Ian Clark with another three to stop any sort of momentum though.

vCash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HR View Post
    That was a beautiful reverse layup from him. Ian Clark with another three to stop any sort of momentum though.
    Clark also made that nice floater a while ago too.

Now so far this seem like the old Warriors from the last two seasons which is a good thing let see if they keep this up

Edit: Inbound play looks like Klay got a layup which was a nice play but Harkless make a nice block that was a nice defensive play.
    Last edited by Pduh; 11-01-2016 at 11:07 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure who's worse tonight; Klay Thompson or this Portland colour guy

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn....This Portland/Golden State game's damn fun to watch! I'm glad to see the Warriors keeping their defense up, making Portland miss shots and commit turnovers. The cohesion's starting to show. Beautiful stuff from Clark as he's got nearly 20 points in the 1st half! Thompson, Curry and Green need to start scoring big time..So does Iggy..As long as Kevon Looney gets some playing minutes in the 2nd half to grab crucial rebounds, lay in some dunks and block shots the Warriors will be well on their way to winning this game..

The Warriors better show 10x this amount of defense in the next game when OKC comes to Oakland..

vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uh oh, Curry's started to play now. Game slipping away from Portland.

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which is great far as I'm concerned, @HR. I love the Trailblazers, they're a great team but not when they're going against Golden State..Bout fucking time Golden State starts playing with that cohesion! Clark is showing his worth as a back-up guard big time, tonight.....Beautiful work from Golden State..Hopefully in OKC Klay gets his shots falling again....Portland never quits though.

vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That third quarter was a bit of a warning sign to the rest of the league, absolutely bodying a good team without even playing especially well.

I think we'll be seeing more of Jake Layman going forward. Portland desperately need to give Lillard some more scoring help. It might have been garbage time but he looked good. Decent looking rooster too.

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea I agree..That Layman cat was knocking shots down in garbage time...McCollum was frustrated by Green and Durant tonight, Lillard was frustrated by multiple Warriors as well. Lillard does need help from Aminu, Crabbe, Plumlee, Davis, McCollum, etc I really hope Portland does good this season..No matter the team they go against they almost always have an entertaining game..Gotta give Ian Clark credit though..He has a career high 22 points against Portland...

The Warriors have to keep stealing and defending the way they did tonight in every game they play...I loved how they stole the ball from countless Trailblazers..Though I don't get why Iguodala was going for fast break layups(most which missed) when his dunk's clearly better..

vCash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is the Warriors I know from the last two seasons, better ball movement, almost everyone else contribute, and play good defense. They didn't do such that those two games despite winning their two games after their loss on their season opener I do think this may take some time to adapt but once things starts to gel watch out.

vCash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HR View Post
    That third quarter was a bit of a warning sign to the rest of the league, absolutely bodying a good team without even playing especially well.

I think we'll be seeing more of Jake Layman going forward. Portland desperately need to give Lillard some more scoring help. It might have been garbage time but he looked good. Decent looking rooster too.
    I agree with this matter of fact their only threat in terms of offensive end they have is Lillard and CJ thats it they need more help. Well, there is Crabb but he is a shooter they do have some solid players but they are not much of a threat on the offensive end they need more help if one of them struggle they are going to have a hard to win any games if one of them goes down that is it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had to post this highlight video.....Great game....For anyone who's missed it, check this out.

vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boston/Chicago wasn't the most exciting game until it got close late. The Bulls turned the ball over way too much but got hot shooting late on to come back into it. Boston look the better team but their poor rebounding is a real weakness.

Thread Information