Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2016-2017 Regular Season Discussion

vCash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: NBA 2016-2017 Regular Season Discussions

The wait of Embiid so far worth it but again it's only one game we see how he progress but either way the 76ers need to trade one of their big man for a upgrade at the backcourt

vCash
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know how to handle an NBA where the 76ers are good.

vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Westbrook gonna break his back carrying that team this season. at him getting salty at Oladipo costing him his triple double.

Embiid jerseys will be selling like hotcakes. 20/7 in 22 mins.

vCash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anthony Davis stat line

• 50 Points
    • 16 Rebounds
    • 5 Assists
    • 7 Steals
    • 4 Blocks

Damn

vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This Lakers/Rockets game has absolutely zero defence but it's fun to watch. Harden on track to break the all-time assists record with nine in the first quarter.

vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jordan Clarkson took that game over in the second half, and Harden failed to overcome that LA heckler who literally didn't shut up the entire game. Rockets will score a lot but will give up way too many points by the looks of that non-existent defence.

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goddamn....The Spurs blowout game shows that Golden State needs a couple months to really get into the flow of things, especially defense...There's no excuses, the Warriors simply got their asses whooped on opening night in Oakland....This is why I was saying Golden State should've signed the talented 7'6 300lb rookie Senegalese center Mamadou Ndiaye who played on their summer league team(who I talked about a lot in the NBA offseason thread). McGee, along with Looney need to step up big and protect the rim/grab rebounds whenever they're on the floor since it looks like Ndiaye sadly won't be coming to the Warriors any time soon..

Also if McAdoo would actually play defense that'd be nice too...McCaw is gonna be a great stand-out for the Warriors, especially having Durant mentor him...Speaking of Durant he tried his ass off against the Spurs and looked good, even though Golden State lost.

One great thing I can take away from the Golden State vs Spurs game-Curry's aggressiveness...He was driving to the basket a shitload of times and gathering a nice amount of fouls which was great to see..He needs to do that every single game. Thompson was doing some good driving as well(though missing some open layups), too bad he didn't pick up any fouls along the way like Curry did, though.

vCash
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My opening thoughts: I know the lost & it's only 1 game but the Timberwolves look like a different team. They played with a sense of hunger & purpose.
    AD is a beast but the Pelicans roster construction looks questionable. Davis looks to have no help once again.
    The Lakers look like they'll actually be watchable this season.
    The Raptors would be much more formidable if they fed JV in the post.
    The Magic still look like the Magic in the post SVG era. Lacking identity and the roster looks mismatched.
    I find so crazy KD scored 35 points and the Warriors lost by 29 that's nuts. Besides Drymond Green I don't see the Warriors as villains at all. Of course I'd love it if the Warriors were my team the Knicks because the Knicks are the team I root for passionately but this parsing hairs over what makes a super team is silly. Do I like the idea of super teams? not necessarily but I get that is a new era and things have changed now. Golden State plays a fun & unselfish brand of basketball.

Props to surrender for the great banner.

vCash
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    My opening thoughts: I know the lost & it's only 1 game but the Timberwolves look like a different team. They played with a sense of hunger & purpose.
    AD is a beast but the Pelicans roster construction looks questionable. Davis looks to have no help once again.
    The Lakers look like they'll actually be watchable this season.
    The Raptors would be much more formidable if they fed JV in the post.
    The Magic still look like the Magic in the post SVG era. Lacking identity and the roster looks mismatched.
    I find so crazy KD scored 35 points and the Warriors lost by 29 that's nuts. Besides Drymond Green I don't see the Warriors as villains at all. Of course I'd love it if the Warriors were my team the Knicks because the Knicks are the team I root for passionately but this parsing hairs over what makes a super team is silly. Do I like the idea of super teams? not necessarily but I get that is a new era and things have changed now. Golden State plays a fun & unselfish brand of basketball.
    Have been beating that drum for almost 3 years (if only to keep Lowry fresher for the post season). JV is beastly in the post, has respectable jumper and, most importantly, is a GREAT free throw shooter.

vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blake Griffin has a really nice looking three-point shot, opponents are in trouble if he starts hitting more like that.

vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warriors might be thinking they should have kept Mo Speights, he and Crawford are tearing the Blazers bench apart.

vCash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bulls/Celtics game that was the most fun Bulls game I have see for quite sometime while Cs played b2b but good enough to make the game close never thought I see Wade hit a clutch shot in a different uniform but I did. Wade, Butler, & Taj were tremendous. Hopefully the team can stay healthy and be competitive on a nightly basics I willl be happy

vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blake looks real good, Blazers small ball can't contain him.

Kevin Harlan is a hilarious commentator. "They're booing Felton because when he came here, they thought he was fat."

vCash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HR View Post
    Warriors might be thinking they should have kept Mo Speights, he and Crawford are tearing the Blazers bench apart.
    Yeah I think what might hurt the Warriors a little bit is the loss of Mo who can still contribute more so than David West nowadays

vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you watching this game @Pduh? Best I've seen so far. Great intensity and execution.

Vonleh nearly with a huge dunk on Blake.

vCash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HR View Post
    Are you watching this game @Pduh? Best I've seen so far. Great intensity and execution.

Vonleh nearly with a huge dunk on Blake.
    Yeah I switching back and forth with he Kings vs Spurs game. While it's early I think the Kings is going to be competitive this year no I don't think they make the playoffs but they will be competitive.

vCash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JJ just hit a three clippers up by eight five minutes left the game Blazers needs to make this run now and quick if they have any chance to win

vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blazers getting the rough end of the stick from the refs but they need Lillard to step up, he was great in the first quarter but has gone cold since.

vCash
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was so much weirder watching Wade in a different jersey then Durant. His clutch shot was awesome to watch.

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watched the highlights of LA vs Portland..Nice game...Real competitive...That McCollum foul late in the game on Jordan was surprising, though. Other than that I think both teams did real good and should be standout teams in the West.

Looking forward to Golden State's next game which is against New Orleans later tonight. I think the Warriors need to just stick to the basics, regardless of which team they face right now. Get their chemistry down, finally cut down on turnovers, rebound and block a helluva lot more and they'll be fine.

vCash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Surprise that siakam got the starting nod for the raptors more surprising that he made the team because it's rare someone from NMSU make it to the NBA right now raptors in a sluggers start against the Cavs

vCash
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soulblazed View Post
    Watched the highlights of LA vs Portland..Nice game...Real competitive...That McCollum foul late in the game on Jordan was surprising, though. Other than that I think both teams did real good and should be standout teams in the West.

Looking forward to Golden State's next game which is against New Orleans later tonight. I think the Warriors need to just stick to the basics, regardless of which team they face right now. Get their chemistry down, finally cut down on turnovers, rebound and block a helluva lot more and they'll be fine.
    I don't think it's a chemistry issue, it's a size and depth issue. Zaza isn't as good as Bogut, West is old and never was going to be Ezeli or Speights, and Varejao is awful. They might need to find a solution in the middle still.

But it could help if they knocked down open 3's.

vCash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Call me crazy but Kerr should consider put McGee on the rotation and see what happens doesn't hurt to try yes he have a low basketball is but if he still like he was years ago when healthy to at least bring shot blocking which he is a better shot blocker than Any of their bigs and plus he will be in Shaqtin -a fool is always entertain

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    I don't think it's a chemistry issue, it's a size and depth issue. Zaza isn't as good as Bogut, West is old and never was going to be Ezeli or Speights, and Varejao is awful. They might need to find a solution in the middle still.

But it could help if they knocked down open 3's.
    From what I saw with some of their early turnovers, it was a chemistry issue because those turnovers usually would've been easy passes. You're right about Varejao...Since his personality's loved, plus he's a veteran, I think he should stay on the team but keep him outta their rotation. West is great for inside shots/dunks. Speights going to LA is a loss for sure but if West can contribute some crucial minutes/inside buckets then it'll be much appreciated. His defense is good too. Zaza isn't as good as Bogut but at least he's trying, which is all I can say now at the moment. We'll see after this Pelicans vs Warriors game if Zaza can step it up when it matters the most.

I mentioned earlier on Curry aggressively driving and drawing fouls against the Spurs. By all means he should continue to do that against the Pelicans. I have a good feeling their 3s will fall this time around.

The 2 players I can see (along with Damian Jones when he returns from injury) helping in the rebounding/blocks department are Looney and McGee. Looney is a good rookie who's stated he's patterning his game after Draymond's in being proficient on both defense and offense, along with getting inside shots/rebounding. When Looney has played so far, he's gotten some nice rebounds/dunks. To a lesser degree McAdoo could step up, but he's gotta improve his blocking, rebounding and dunking a lot. @Pduh you're right in that it's time to take a gamble and put McGee in the rotation.

Lastly McCaw should definitely up his game against Davis. I think they'd be a good match-up. Curry and Thompson obviously should bring it to Davis as well but McCaw is being slept on at the moment. McCaw should go for a lot of steals tonight.

vCash
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're talking about Anthony Davis? If they were matched up Davis should embarrass him on the offensive side. McCaw is a project scorer from summer league, Davis is one of the ten best players in the league.

West has a beautiful midrange shot but I don't think he can dunk over anyone and his defense isn't spectacular. His best case is a slower, less 3's version of Mo Speights

Thread Information