Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: NBA 2016-2017 Regular Season Discussion

vCash
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: NBA 2016-2017 Regular Season Discussion

Yeah, Paul and Lance have become good friends in the last year and a half. I remember seeing the day he signed that the two played NBA 2k pretty every off night together and would text all day. Lance even visited a few home games after his surgery this season.

vCash
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Dallas Mavericks are officially eliminated from playoff contention. I believe the Pelicans will be too if Portland wins today. Which means the West is full except for the 8 seed where Portland holds a 2 game lead over Denver.

The Warriors are on an 11 game winning streak. Lebron and Tristan went at it in yesterday's thrilling OT game against Indiana and Cleveland finally snapped out of their flunk. The Cavs don't look right this late in the season and we can finally be getting someone not named Lebron James repping the East in the playoffs.

vCash
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lance Stephenson is already at it in Pacer yellow.

Tonight, instead of running the clock out, he ran the score up by laying it in on an empty net with 3 seconds left. Tucker and Derozan immediately got in his face and Stephenson walked past them. That's when mayhem almost broke loose. PJ Tucker and Demarre Carroll tried to attack Lance, but were being kept away by team staff and the benches cleared.

The Indiana crowd loved it and cheered for Stephenson. He's baaaaaacccckkkkkk!

vCash
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holy overreaction by the Raptors tonight. Of what I caught from the game, this was the most energized I've seen the Pacers in months. There were a playoff atmosphere despite the scoreboard. The funny thing is PJ Tucker trying to act tough and act as if he doesn't know who Lance is. Stephenson's meme will forever be known more than what a PJ Tucker is.

vCash
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Pacers are sort of in playoff mode. The bottom of the East is tight as a lot of teams are fighting for the last 3-4 spots. They showed up against a top dog in the East and dominated. PG13 has been red hot this past month. As for who I think misses the playoffs in the East, I think Miami misses out as the 9 seed. Milwaukee, Chicago, Indiana and Atlanta will probably get the 5-8 seeds.

The Nuggets beat the Pelicans last night, eliminating Nawlins from playoff contention. The West is down to Portland and Denver for who gets the 8 seed and match up with Golden State. Durant is returning this weekend so we'll see what happens when he comes back. Playoffs are coming.

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Y'all think Westbrook takes the MVP this yr?

vCash
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. I don't think it's really that close, honestly.

James Harden is having a great year, too. However, Westbrook is shattering records and taking a Durant-less team into the playoffs. A Thunders team that would be a top 3 draft team without him. Once Westbrook breaks Big O's record, it should end the MVP discussion and give him the crown.

vCash
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really care about a triple double record in this comparison, since Harden's raw averages are close to or better than Westbrook's with significantly fewer shots, and I also have a hard time with the OKC is bad without Westbrook argument because Houston is deep in the lottery without Harden as well, and there's just no way that Hardens supporting cast is ten games better than Westbrook's.

I would probably vote for Westbrook at this moment, but it's incredibly close.
    Last edited by mikec; 04-07-2017 at 07:03 AM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Westbrook is going to AVERAGE a triple double this season. Kevin Durant just left him. He's led his team to the 6th team with his supporting cast being Kanter, Adams and Oladipo. Those are the next best. The Thunder team is worst in the West without him. Houston without Harden would still be in playoff contention.

It's really not close.

vCash
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Guy View Post
    Westbrook is going to AVERAGE a triple double this season. Kevin Durant just left him. He's led his team to the 6th team with his supporting cast being Kanter, Adams and Oladipo. Those are the next best. The Thunder team is worst in the West without him. Houston without Harden would still be in playoff contention.

It's really not close.
    I know he's averaging a triple double. And with four fewer shots per game Harden is averaging a 30-12-8. The numbers are pretty similar to Westbrook's triple double. The idea that two more rebounds per game makes Westbrook so much better is silly, especially with the way Westbrook is chasing those numbers.

And I'm not sure what you've been smoking that makes you think Houston's team is a playoff team without him. Their lineup of Patrick Beverly, Eric Gordon, Trevor Ariza, Ryan Anderson and Capella would be competing with the Suns and Lakers for a top five pick this year. In fact in a pickup game of the two teams starters - three of my first four picks would be OKC guys (Ariza, Oladipo, Adams and Taj in some order).

vCash
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe you're right about the Rockets lineup without Harden. Maybe D'Antoni knows how to make an MVP on his team. Still, if Harden wins MVP over Westbrook, it would be a bigger sham then the year Nash beat Shaq for it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope the Celticss overtake the Cavs for the #1 seed.

vCash
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Russell Westbrook has officially won MVP.

Not only did he pass Big O's record with most triple doubles in a season (42), but down 2 to the Denver Nuggets, Russ MVP pulled up for a DEEP 3 pointer and SCORED AT THE BUZZER TO WIN THE GAME! Not only that, but Russ MVP's game winner took his score total to 50 points. To top it off, Westbrooks buzzer beater eliminated Denver from playoff contention and gave Dame and the Aldridge-less Blazers the last spot in the Western Conference Playiffs.

That's how you break a record in style.

Russell Westbrook is my favorite player in the NBA.
    Last edited by Dat Guy; 04-09-2017 at 10:31 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cavs are gonna get dusted in the Playoffs. It's just a matter of when.

vCash
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well tonight is the last night of the regular season. A lot of teams (playoff and non playoff) teams are resting players tonight as the NBA continues to be SAWFT.

Who will get the final 2 spots in the East? Scenarios are simple.

Indiana Pacers. Win OR loss by Chicago or Miami.
    Chicago Bulls. Win OR loss by Miami.
    Miami Heat. Win AND loss by Indiana OR Chicago.

If Indiana loses and Chicago wins, the Bulls get the 7 seed.
    If Miami wins and both Chicago and Indiana lose, Miami jumps to the 7 seed; Indiana gets the 8 and Chicago is eliminated.
    If Indiana wins, they're automatically the 7 seed.

Miami needs to win and have someone lose. Should be a fun day. I predict both Indiana and Chicago win and Miami just misses out.

vCash
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's gonna be no moves in those final spots. Their opponents tonight are basically laying down, and letting them pin them.

Still My Champ
    Thanks, surrender.

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is gonna be an interesting Playoffs/Finals....I'm still agreeing with Dat Guy in that the Cavs won't be in the Finals this time around...Obviously I can be wrong but I mentioned Boston and the Wizards earlier...It'll take a helluva an effort from Cleveland(for one by them actually playing real defense again) for them to get back to the Finals...Toronto might actually claw their way to the Finals, cuz really, right now all we can obviously do is guess.

Far as the West goes....I'm seeing Golden State beating Portland in the 1st round yet again....Nurkic is out with a broken leg, hence leaving pretty much the same Blazers squad that lost last year to the Warriors..McCollum, Lillard, and a bunch of inconsistent players such as Crabbe and Aminu....I like Portland and their scrappiness, but I have a feeling Portland will lose in 5 games again to the Warriors..Partly because CJ and Damian can't be the only guys to consistently score against Golden State(because that'll definitely wear them out), especially a locked in Golden State. OKC, Houston and the Spurs are all gonna be interesting match-ups, not to mention seeing how far Memphis gets...

I still see Golden State getting to the Finals and winning another championship, though with a harder road this time around, probably having to face San Antonio in the Western Conference Finals(or then again, maybe not, if say, a team like Houston beats the Spurs). Things are really looking good for the Warriors..Despite losing to Utah Monday night, being that they clinched the #1 spot, the game was kinda the equivalent of a house show(not to mention the game later tonight against the Bad News Lakers being the final regular season game)...That being stated, I see players like McGee and Iggy being vital in the Playoffs/Finals...McGee and Iggy can catalyze a fast-break run and defensive stops in a big way.

vCash
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All I know is Boston having to face Chicago in the first round is going to be tough. I think we may get an 8 seed upset there.

Thread Information