Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NHL 2016-17 Season

vCash
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: NHL 2016-17 Season

Should've been called the Silver Knights. Or hell, to channel the city and Black Sabbath, I'd even go with Neon Knights.

Still My Champ
    Thanks, surrender.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Matthews gets the monkey off his back! I'm taking that as a win despite the result.

Toronto would have won that game if they didn't start Enroth. Can't catch a break, this team. "Let's rest Andersen, New Jersey sucks." Bang. 3 goals in 5 minutes.

Anyway, I have no expectations this year and that's really the only thing you can do with such a young team. Hopefully with Andersen playing better and the offense continuing to click, the Leafs go on a little streak in December so they're in a good place mentally before the new year. That's about best case scenario for them right now and I'd take that in a heartbeat.

And I'm totally getting one of the centennial jerseys for Christmas. That shit is happening. They're soooo pretty.

https://www.nhl.com/mapleleafs/info/...ennial-classic

Only question now is...do I get a Matthews jersey or go classic with Clark/Gilmour/Potvin...? So many questions.

vCash
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Rangers got manhandled by the Pens on Wednesday. At least they bounced back yesterday though. I like the Golden Knights logo & name. Now can they please stopping adding teams? or relocate teams? for fucks sake man. Some of the fanbases are lifeless with no energy. I try to get into certain teams or at least glace by games for a bit but nobody is there cheering or booing a team.

Props to surrender for the great banner.

vCash
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    Matthews gets the monkey off his back! I'm taking that as a win despite the result.

Toronto would have won that game if they didn't start Enroth. Can't catch a break, this team. "Let's rest Andersen, New Jersey sucks." Bang. 3 goals in 5 minutes.

Anyway, I have no expectations this year and that's really the only thing you can do with such a young team. Hopefully with Andersen playing better and the offense continuing to click, the Leafs go on a little streak in December so they're in a good place mentally before the new year. That's about best case scenario for them right now and I'd take that in a heartbeat.

And I'm totally getting one of the centennial jerseys for Christmas. That shit is happening. They're soooo pretty.

https://www.nhl.com/mapleleafs/info/...ennial-classic

Only question now is...do I get a Matthews jersey or go classic with Clark/Gilmour/Potvin...? So many questions.
    I personally wouldn't own a jersey for anyone that is younger than me. So, I'd go classic...Gilmour would be my choice if I were to own a Maple Leaf sweater...that's me.

vCash
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In a shocking turn of events, Gerard Gallant is the first NHL coach to be fired this season. I'm not sure exactly what Tallon is thinking with this decision. This is pretty harsh to be honest. I know they've had a rough start, but it has only been 22 games and they've been hit pretty hard with injuries. No Huberdeau, Bjugstad playing a handful of games, massive changes to the defense.

Looks like Vegas a nice new coaching option.

vCash
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 goals just mere seconds apart. The Flyers are on fire.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Raven* View Post
    In a shocking turn of events, Gerard Gallant is the first NHL coach to be fired this season. I'm not sure exactly what Tallon is thinking with this decision. This is pretty harsh to be honest. I know they've had a rough start, but it has only been 22 games and they've been hit pretty hard with injuries. No Huberdeau, Bjugstad playing a handful of games, massive changes to the defense.

Looks like Vegas a nice new coaching option.
    I'm pissed. I thought Willie was a shoe-in after the year Vancouver has had so far and I would've got the points in the season predictions thread. Stupid Florida! You ruin everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    3 goals just mere seconds apart. The Flyers are on fire.
    And Claude Giroux has been an animal so far this year. Philly is looking scary so far.

So the hockey world is laughing at the Islanders today after they extended Clutterbuck for FIVE YEARS.

3.5 mil AAV. What the fuck. How many players are looking at that, then looking at his numbers, and going "...I should go play in Brooklyn.."

vCash
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No one is making fun of Laine scoring on himself? Like a literal shot into his own net, the GWG?

...only the second time to happen to the Jets this year. Ehlers did it earlier against Colorado

-Hayze

Quote Originally Posted by iNCY View Post
    yes I am a little bitch.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was the 2nd time? Awesome.

Those Jets just love scoring so much!

vCash
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was watching the Sharks/Sens game with my dad. During the 2nd intermission we noticed the Sens had tons of banners up and a long history dating back to the 1920's. How old is the Sens franchise and where are those older banners from in terms of accomplishments and lineage?

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

11 straight wins... 7 GOALS against Shittsburg. Go Jackets!!! *Sorry, Raven*

It's still too early in the season but this team looks amazing right now.

P.S. - Vegas Golden Knights is an incredibly dumb name. "Las Vegas Knights" would have worked. Vandals, Sin, Royales... A lot of names would have been better. The logo is also kind of bland in my opinion.
    Last edited by Rad; 12-23-2016 at 09:42 AM.

WCW - A Wrestling Wiki \\ WWE - Smackdown vs. Raw (w/The Dazz)
    "If Shakespeare was alive today he would be writing wrestling shows." - Chris Jericho

vCash
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't get over how good the Blue Jackets have been playing. Is this a mirage or can the stick around in playoff contention for the entire season?

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blue Jackets vs Wild in the 2000 EXPANSION BOWL.

14-game win streak vs 12-game win streak. What?

Going to be a great game. Can't wait.

Oh, and the Leafs are doing pretty good too..

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking forward to Rangers/Blue Jackets tonight. All of a sudden I don't hear all those negative comments from my real life friends about Tortorella. I'm pretty sure he always knew what he was talking about it is just the matter of if he has the right group of men who listen.
    Last edited by Zappy; 01-07-2017 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Smart phone/annoying ads

Credit: Justin Valuable

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lundqvist is hitting another rocky patch. He seems to not be as focused as usual.

Why Rick The Dicks goal was allowed after the most obvious goalie interference will never be known.

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea not sure what's going on with Lundqvist. Maybe he's pacing himself so he can stay fresh for the playoffs.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zappy View Post
    Looking forward to Rangers/Blue Jackets tonight. All of a sudden I don't hear all those negative comments from my real life friends about Tortorella. I'm pretty sure he always knew what he was talking about it is just the matter of if he has the right group of men who listen.
    I've always liked Torts. I'm glad he's doing well in Columbus. He'll be there until he retires after this season. Unreal.

15 goals scored in last night's Pens/Caps game, and yet again terrible officiating ruined an otherwise amazing game. How do you not call that tripping penalty on Sidney Crosb-...wait, never mind. Answered my own question.

Based refs, man. Us Toronto fans are currently putting up with it, only going the other way on Kadri. It started last year and been confirmed this year with some of the calls they've made on him and the fact that every other game Kadri gets manhandled at least once with no call on the other player.

Ah well. If that's my only complaint things must be going well. And they are. Mid-January and the Leafs are in a playoff spot. Again..unreal.

vCash
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm certainly happy that the Leafs are doing better than what they were expected to do this year.

If they make it to the postseason, then Mike Babcock may be in line for a possible Coach of the Year nod.

Still My Champ
    Thanks, surrender.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

7 goals against what the fuck

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CM Punk'd View Post
    I'm certainly happy that the Leafs are doing better than what they were expected to do this year.

If they make it to the postseason, then Mike Babcock may be in line for a possible Coach of the Year nod.
    He'll be in the running but I think Torts is a lock for that this year. Columbus could lose the rest of their games and I'd still be like "Yeah but they won like 14 in a row..."

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So the Calgary Flames were my "west" team up until last night. I've had a special place for them for 20 years thanks to my grandma being a fan and me eventually moving out west almost 10 years ago.

BUT NO LONGER! Bunch of ugly-ass fucking cheap dick bags. Komarov's hit, while uncalled for, wasn't nearly as dirty as the Flames made it out to be over the course of the game. Komarov should have let up a bit (it's how the NHL is nowadays, it is what it is) and just because Johnny Hockey is short doesn't mean you can hit him in the head. Komarov got his penalty, Gio roughed him up, problem solved!

NO! Fuckers start slew footing and slashing every chance they get. Marincin is lucky he didn't tear something in his knee after what Tkachuk did to him. Apparently the league is looking at it, and to be honest, Tkachuk needs the book thrown at him because this isn't the first dirty thing he's done this season and the kid is a fucking rookie. Let him know the league doesn't fuck around and he better smarten up.

UGH I'm glad Toronto shut those assholes out. Return to form after a few shitty games. Well done Leafs.

EDIT: Just read no discipline expected after last night's game. If I were Lamarello/Shanahan/Babcock I'd be kicking in doors. That's fucking unbelievable. WHAT THE FUCK

vCash
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@RT, if you're looking for a new "West" team, I've got one for ya! We suck this year, but...next year we should be a bit better! Plus, you can say that you're cheering for the top 3 dynamic rookies this year! How about Mitch Marner...wow.

Patrik Laine might return to the lineup tonight. Jets need him so badly. He's missed 8 games so far. So RT, our bet is going to be null and void unless Matthews misses a few games here and there. Really too bad, they're scoring at the same clip too. Laine with 21 goals in 42 games, Matthews with 22 goals in 45 games.

My Ehlers jersey is on order now. Love that kid. So damn good! His goal last night was classic Ehlers (already classic Ehlers at 20!).

-Hayze

Quote Originally Posted by iNCY View Post
    yes I am a little bitch.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How the fuck do you fire CLAUDE JULIEN when your team is 1 point from a playoff spot in February? HOW?

As a Leafs fan, I applaud this horrible, insane, dumb fucking move by Boston. But seriously...holy hell.

vCash
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    How the fuck do you fire CLAUDE JULIEN when your team is 1 point from a playoff spot in February? HOW?

As a Leafs fan, I applaud this horrible, insane, dumb fucking move by Boston. But seriously...holy hell.
    Same thought process when the Islanders fired their coach earlier this season, when they were at .500.

Still My Champ
    Thanks, surrender.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CM Punk'd View Post
    Same thought process when the Islanders fired their coach earlier this season, when they were at .500.
    The Islanders were in last place and that happened like two weeks ago. That wasn't anything like this situation.

Thread Information