Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: TNA - Time is running out.

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default TNA - Time is running out.

Last week we reported that WWE was interested in purchasing TNA, presumably to acquire their fourteen year old tape library showcasing current WWE Superstars like Austin Aries, Bobby Roode, Eric Young, Samoa Joe, and WWE World Champion AJ Styles. The offer was originally described as an "option if no other parties purchase the company." Dave Meltzer noted on this morning's episode of Wrestling Observer Radio that WWE is back at the table, Dixie Carter has the right to sell to whomever she wants, however company ownership has become incredibly complicated.

TNA is nearly out of time, and rumor has it that there is still no deal for Billy Corgan to purchase the company. Corgan needs to make a deal to fund this Sunday's Bound For Glory and next week's TV tapings, and needs to do so by Friday as it's the last business day before Sunday's pay-per-view.

According to Meltzer, WWE's main goal is acquiring the tape library and while they'd more than likely keep a handful of talent contracts, there would be no plan to keep TNA active going forward.

Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...qiIIKdcYWDI.99
    As previously reported by Dave Meltzer on this morning's Wrestling Observer Radio, time is running short in terms of TNA's ability to sustain itself any further. Reports indicate that the company needs to make a sale by Friday to fund this Sunday's Bound for Glory pay-per-view and subsequent television tapings. Dave also noted that WWE is currently back at the table to discuss a possible deal, presumably for their fourteen year old tape library.

In an update from earlier, PWInsider's Mike Johnson is reporting that Dixie Carter has been in negotiations with WWE over the past five days. It's been said that the ownership rights have become very complicated, however Dixie still has the right to sell the company to whomever she sees fit.

Billy Corgan could still make a deal in time, however Johnson says "the fuse on the TNA bomb is close to the end." He says the end is well within sight, and at this point, there's no avoiding it.

Stay tuned for the latest information as it becomes available.
    Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...zoy1L4yK2PI.99
    Mike Bucci ( ECW's Nova )
    6 hrs ∑ Louisville, KY, United States ∑
    The boys told me about the current TNA "supposed" situation. I hope everything works out and they can continue to run. I was part of ECW in 2001 when they went under and the industry was never the same. If TNA goes down, there are a bunch of guys whose careers will never be the same. Competition is good for the industry. The more places to work, the better it is for the talents. Why would anyone want to see them fail?

https://www.facebook.com/mike.bucci.75
    Yikes.

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: TNA - Time is running out.

Given TNA's amazing way of always managing to stay alive when they should have been dead long ago, I'm sure they'll somehow manage to live.

Making snow angels The Main Event's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like this is the 973rd time we've heard this in 2016 alone. It's to the point I don't even react now.

THIS AWWWWWWESOME BANNER MADE BY SPIKE

I'M BACK BAYBAY!!!

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's kind of sad that it's come to this. There was a time when TNA was a viable alternative to WWE programming and they were on a big upswing. Now I would never think they could become even close to a WWE level of power but they could have given them enough competition to kick WWE in the ass and make them work just a bit harder. They really just committed suicide with a string of bad decisions. Part of me hopes that Billy can pull it off since he seems committed to revitalizing the brand. The other part wants them to fold is it so we can see their tapes put to good use either in the form of great specials for AJ, Joe, Sting, etc(let's face it. No one does video packages and specials like WWE and them not being the ones to use the tapes is such a waste) and maybe the Network broadcasting their good years.
    In it's current form, TNA is kind of garbage. I'd rather some of their talent land in WWE, ROH, NJPW, or LU and be used well. Now if Billy buys and can get the place back on track, I would be thrilled. They have some good talent there that are being wasted. My fear(more for Billy than anything) is that if he does buy, they'll just end up treading water until they eventually fold anyway so all he is doing is giving TNA a stay of execution. He might have put together the money to get through the PPV and a couple of weeks of taping but can he get the capital to keep the train rolling and actually elevate the brand? If he can't take TNA to another level, I wouldn't waste the money. He could go invest in GFW and help that brand gain its footing or invest in ROH and see if they can make a big run at their future. Personally, I'd love to see ROH get a wealthy investor and become the next big brand.
    -The Undertaker: It will always be his Yard
    -NXT gives me HOPE for the Future
    -KCCO
    ---θ---
    Currently playing:
    PS4: Fallout 4, The Division, Doom, Assassin's Creed: Syndicate, Life is Strange, Uncharted 4
    Mobile: Tapped Out, Forge of Empires, WWE Champions
    IGN for every Game I play and PSN: Stefulson
    Feel free to add me.

vCash
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's still been no mention of a 2017 UK tour, which I've been finding a bit ominous. The tour usually happens around January/February, so either they're leaving it very late or just can't afford it...which would kinda suck, because I've been to a few TNA shows over the years and always had a great time.

If TNA did go down the drain, I'd hope for WWE to pick up all the library for the Network. They'd do well to grab guys like EC3, DJZ and Decay too.

vCash
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it does go down the final scene must be Matt deleting it.

Making snow angels The Main Event's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ness View Post
    That would be pretty amazing

THIS AWWWWWWESOME BANNER MADE BY SPIKE

I'M BACK BAYBAY!!!

PW Tag Team Champion!! HilaryFan's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This feels like the end.

Matt and Jeff will probably walk away, but I would definitely try to pick up the contracts of EC3, Decay, Lashley, Eli Drake, maybe a couple others

( ?_?) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

Currently Playing: Suikoden 1, Max Payne 1, Beyond Good and Evil, MGS Peace Walker

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, WWE could really bolster their NXT brand with some of these guys and add to the CW division. Hell, they may be able to create a CW division in NXT with some of those contracts.
    -The Undertaker: It will always be his Yard
    -NXT gives me HOPE for the Future
    -KCCO
    ---θ---
    Currently playing:
    PS4: Fallout 4, The Division, Doom, Assassin's Creed: Syndicate, Life is Strange, Uncharted 4
    Mobile: Tapped Out, Forge of Empires, WWE Champions
    IGN for every Game I play and PSN: Stefulson
    Feel free to add me.

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ness View Post
    Afterwards Vince McMahon comes out while Matt Hardy is in the ring deleting TNA and yells "Matt, you're deleted! winking at the crowd as the show ends.

vCash
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TNA is the cockroach of professional wrestling, it just keeps on surviving.

It would be cool if the TNA library was added to the WWE Network. At this point I'm not bothered if TNA folds, I haven't watched it properly since 2013. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if the company somehow finds a way to keep limping along.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It sucks that this may be the end for TNA, but if does end up dying I really hope The Decay and some knockouts like Jade, Sienna and Allie end up down in NXT or LU.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

vCash
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel pretty selfish in hoping that the WWE buy them just so we can get old shows on the Network.

s u r r e n d e r

***Take part in PW's Match of the Year 2016 Tournament in the Wide World of Wrestling**
    http://forums.prowrestling.com/showt...53#post4407453

vCash
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

James Storm musta been tipped that the WWE would buy TNA to rejoin TNA for a higher salary. He's secure either way as well he should be so Storm in NXT will still happen.

Sucks for guys like Sandow and Cody though. Should have waited, wonder if Cody hasn't signed a permanent TNA deal or else he's back with WWE barring a release request. It's another month of inactivity for Cody

Sandow might want to pucker up as a new Vince Kiss my ass member after his foolish promo last month in his TNA debut...or well consider LU.

"Hey Aron Rex, it can even do tricks"
    Last edited by Blindy; 09-28-2016 at 08:02 PM.

Currently Playing:
    Wipeout Omega Collection(PS4), Rocket League(PS4)

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We've heard this before I'll believe when I see it.

Now residing in the 256 BestInThe205's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it's true, it sucks that there's less competition on tv.

Yang Xiao Long fangirl Mistress's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This would be twice as sucky as losing Wcw.

I need an alternative every week because WWE has lost my enthusiasm.

Thank you Surrender!!!
    Voted Co-Most Underrated Nerdery Poster of 2014 (With Raven*)
    If prowrestling were fake, it would make every fan in the history of the sport a complete & utter moron - Monty Burns

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope they don't buy it. WWE has enough content in their library as is. TNA may could make a recovery under Billy's control

TNA Forum Title History
    Forum Championship (1 time)
    Tag Team Championship (3 time)
    X Championship (2 time)
    Internet Championship (3 time)

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello Folks

I've not really posted much this year, and i've not watched TNA much at all in the last year, but from what i have seen the overall product has gone down hill, pretty badly, TNA is now a shadow of it's former self thats for sure, and its mad to think that From where the Jarretts started from, to where Dixie took control and where it is now is fucking horrendous tbh, it's like starting off at a base of a decent-ish sized mountain, getting (almost) to the top, then sliding all the way down to the base again.

Just think amount how much dixie and her family are worth then think why are tna in such the bad position they are in now?

Is it because some wrestlers sucked the blood and money out of tna/dixie?

Is it because dixie has taken alot of bad advice which has resulted in a piss-poor business?

Is it because Dixie and the staff she employed had no idea on how to run a wrestling promotion?

Or is it all of these, and more?
    <iframe frameborder="0" scrolling="no" id="chat_embed" src="http://www.justin.tv/chat/embed?channel=gaz77uk&default_chat=jtv&popout_chat =true#r=-rid-&s=em" height="500" width="300"></iframe>

Friend of Jericho. Saffron Warrior's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It will be pretty sad if TNA gets sold to the wwe, Not just because the product isn't half bad right now and they are actually doing things differently but there has to be atleast some sort of a competition to wwe. Not just for the fans but also the athletes. Sure, we have LU and ROH But they are not the same style or as mainstream as TNA is or atleast was at one time. I hope Corgan is the one who is able to purchase TNA because I genuinely believe that if TNA keeps up the good work, thy will regain the lost momentum sooner rather than later.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could not agree more saffron, it would be pretty sad, but dixie and her staff are only to blame, tna had a hot product 5 years ago, and now,well it does suck, i would fear if Billy bought TNA it would be a very poor investment, i am sure i read earlier on the main page to this site, that Eric Bischoff said more or less the same, $40 million dollars is hell of a lot of money, for something that is not much value at all.

Hate to say this, i think the only solution would be for dixie to sell the rights of the company and the only thing that has any true value within tna, which is the tape library (to the wwe),but would those at stamford CT fancy buying that? Maybe if the valuation of the company was dropped down a bit.

For me i personally feel that tna should of been sold a few years back, at least then any potential buyers would of had a decent canvass to work with, but now that canvass is very messed up indeed, on a side note i've always found it slightly funny/ironic when people have said that TNA is the number 2 promotion in America,if not the world, when TNA and ROH both debuted i'd say for a few years TNA were ahead of ROH, but in the last so many years ROH have surpassed where tna once were, ROH are now the real number 2 promotion in America..
    <iframe frameborder="0" scrolling="no" id="chat_embed" src="http://www.justin.tv/chat/embed?channel=gaz77uk&default_chat=jtv&popout_chat =true#r=-rid-&s=em" height="500" width="300"></iframe>

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sucks this is happening to be honest, when Christian jumped to TNA I began watching obviously and the product they were putting out in 2007/08 whilst it had issues it was a very good product with Angle/AJ/Sting/Christian/Joe headlining PPVs, likes of Roode in the mid card and MCMG, it was an amazing wrestling product with some star names propping it up. Then it became saturated with star names that just weren't as invested and Hogan/Bischoff came in, turned the product to utter shit with the Immortal and Fourtune garbage and it just became unwatchable.

That library would be fucking amazing to revisit, I sincerely hope WWE gets hold of it to put on the network where it can live forever.

Credit to *Tripsi*

vCash
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TNA was a fantastic product for the most part between 2005-2008. They had some silly moments, sure, but no more than any other company. 2009 was a bit hit and miss. Once Hogan and Bischoff arrived, TNA became rotten from its core. It's only recently shed that stench and it's probably too late.

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

from the observer

With Bound for Glory and television tapings scheduled this week, the expectation was that TNA would be sold by now, although that’s been the feeling for weeks and at press time it still hasn’t happened.

This puts the company in a tough position because Dixie Carter is still the majority owner of the company, with 70 percent of the stock, but has no money to fund this coming week’s shows.

This has been the case for every set of tapings going back several months, where in the end, either Aroluxe at first, and Billy Corgan of late, have funded the tapings in exchange for ownership. We’ve also heard word that Fite TV also has a stake in the company.

The shows are all written. The talent has tickets for Orlando. But the money isn’t there to produce the shows, which would be around $600,000. The frustration across the board has grown with fingers pointed across the board at Dixie Carter for making a mess of the sale negotiations.

“There are a lot of hurdles and games being played,” said one person with knowledge of how the sale talks are going. “She (Dixie Carter) has really made a mess and is responsible for all of it.”

Another person following the situation closely with contacts into what is happening said of the sale, “I thought Aroluxe had it late last week (this was when just days earlier Billy Corgan seemed to be the one most expected to get it). Then Saturday (9/24) I thought Billy won. Now I know the same BS is still going back-and-forth. She is something else. I’ve never met someone so clueless. She is out of touch on all levels. Both sides want her out. There is no doubt there. It’s the only thing they can agree on.”

Carter is the one who is going to make the decision who gets the company and they need someone who has the ability to fund it. WWE was said to be back in the picture early in the week, but at press time, they are back out of the picture. Before there was a feeling WWE was a last ditch thing but the feeling now is Carter is going to make the best deal for her, as a WWE deal would end the company as they would only buy it for the tape library, and probably bring some of the contracted talent into WWE.

There’s also the issue of the debt, which is in the millions of dollars, largely to Aroluxe and Corgan but there are other creditors as well. The belief is that WWE wouldn’t assume the debt and that the company would then be closed down. John Gaburick, due to his longtime relationship with Kevin Dunn, was the one who brought the WWE into the picture.

The debt is also a key problem in getting someone else to buy it, because if the company was to continue, who would be there to pick up the debt? In the case of Corgan, and for that matter Aroluxe, to have put money in and the company then folding would mean they’d get little for that investment other than a percentage of the purchase of the tape library. Aroluxe, headed by Jason Brown and former wrestlers Don & Ron Harris, are believed to not want Gaburick around. There is an argument the debt is greater than the value of the company, which makes the sale tricky, or if not, the numbers aren’t far apart.

In many ways, this situation with the timeline and such resemble Eric Bischoff’s scrambling with no time to spare with WCW in 2001. In many ways, Billy Corgan is in the Bischoff role. When Turner Broadcasting decided to cancel wrestling, Bischoff had a deal in principle to buy the company, but also in the purchase was guaranteed TV time (TNT was going to cancel but he’d still have TBS although he didn’t know at the time TNT was going to drop it). With no TV time, the deal was breached and the company was worthless without a television platform. Given the long history of the company and even at its worst, the ratings, while collapsing from two years earlier, were still okay, if Bischoff had enough time, he may have gotten a deal. But he was on a deadline and couldn’t save it.

Similarly with Corgan, with time he may be able to put together the right deal to save TNA, but he may only have a few days left. If there’s no money by 9/30, there will be no PPV on Sunday and no tapings the next week. That would put TNA in breach of its television contracts and PPV contracts to provide the shows and new material. It wouldn’t guarantee death, but it would be a bad thing and it could mean death at that point, or grave consequences if one or more of the television partners used the breach to cancel the show.

The Bischoff story ended with WWE getting all the WCW tape library and intellectual property, and whatever contracts they wanted, for just $2.5 million and a promise to spend $2 million over the next several years in advertising on Turner stations. It was beyond a sweetheart deal and the U.S. industry has never recovered. Similarly, the WWE offer for TNA is low, and while they appear not to be the frontrunners at this moment, with timing of the essence, they may still get it.

There have been past attempts at purchasing TNA, including the 2014 attempt by Toby Keith that would have saved the company most of this hardship, because Spike TV would not likely have dumped TNA if it had new ownership, unless that no ownership was a failure.

The ratings of TNA weren’t that bad, although they were falling, but dealing with Carter had all kinds of issues, the most notable once being how she secretly hired Vince Russo, which Spike wanted nowhere near the product, and then it was exposed when Russo accidentally e-mailed a format to wrestling reporter Mike Johnson that was supposed to go to announcer Mike Tenay. That caused a major day of panic and while it was not the only reason, it was right after that when Spike made the final decision to not renew.

But the Keith deal fell apart because at the time Bob Carter owned the company and his one stipulation was that Dixie Carter remain, even if largely a figurehead, in an executive role. Bob Carter washed his hands of the company some time back.

Of late, Carter has still wanted to save face while the company was going down, although it would be very difficult at this point. Everyone on all sides of this equation has different views of what can be done and what needs to be done, but all are emphatic it was Carter who caused it to get this bad.

Corgan is said to want to run a wrestling company but it’s up in the air if she’ll sell him this one under the terms he wants to buy it. The up side to buying this company is there are in place paying television deals in the U.K., although there are questions about the longevity of that one, and a good deal in India which is probably the biggest current revenue stream. There is also the Pop TV deal, which is good through April (nothing in television is guaranteed but the belief is this deal isn’t in jeopardy until April as long as they fulfill production of new weekly shows) and at least gives the company national exposure, even if the deal doesn’t bring in any real money. It’s that new deal that has led to trouble because the Pop TV deal is worth virtually nothing since Pop pays nothing for the shows and the shared revenue on advertising aspect of the deal has led to TNA getting little if any money.

So they are down several millions from the Destination America deal the year before, and that deal was worth between 40 and 50 percent of what the Spike deal was two years ago, so that’s where the financial problems really started to take hold.

Corgan did an ESPN interview on 9/26. He was in Los Aneles recording a new solo album with Rick Rubin (who was the main financial backer of Smoky Mountain Wrestling in the 90s). He said that his goal is to change the company from one willing to be in the shadows of WWE to one to move out of the shadows, which means trying to attract more sponsors, more talent and do live events, but admits there are no quick fixes.

He claimed there is an idea in the works to do a full-length Hardys movie based on their new characters. He said that wrestling has been living off the innovations done by ECW and attitude era WWE and nobody has innovated much since. He said he wants to personally stay off television as much as possible because he’s better as a heel, but he doesn’t like the heel authority figure in wrestling right now because it’s been done to death and nobody can do it as good as Vince McMahon.

He pushed the idea that he’d like C.M. Punk to come. I don’t see that one happening.

When asked about his attempts to buy the company he called it a very complicated situation with many moving parts but said he has secured the resources to do so and hopes to have a deal put together in the next three weeks. He said his first move would be to change the name from TNA.

Corgan has essentially saved the last two tapings and seems more hands-on regarding control of the company. The product is mostly solid, but they need better than solid right now, they need something to wake people up to what’s going on and while the Matt Hardy situation is definitely over, to the point people chant “Delete” at WWE events (not much but it did happen at Raw last week) and at indie shows (a lot more), it’s only helped somewhat and financially not a lot given there’s no method of making significant money right now past the TV revenue and that’s not enough.

Some fans hoped that Corgan’s appearance on Busted Open Radio on 9/28 would give more answers, but it was clear he was unable to talk about what was going on. He admitted he had paid for the past few sets of television tapings but didn’t sound sure of anything, using “ifs” as qualifiers in a lot of what he said. Corgan is said to want full control, but to do that he’d also have to buy out Aroluxe.

Aroluxe has a battle plan of cutting things back to just a few television tapings per year to keep the product alive.

According to sources, a deal appeared nearly completed on 9/26 but ended up not being finalized.

vCash
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My hope is WWE buys it. I want TNA on the WWE Network

God help and forgive me,
    I wanna build something thatís gonna outlive me

Thread Information