Thread: TNA - Time is running out.

vCash
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: TNA - Time is running out.

Quote Originally Posted by bischoffs brain View Post
    Mentioning the deal in detail might lead some fans to do some research and find out that TNA is a broke joke.
    I think the secret is out with that

God help and forgive me,
    I wanna build something thatís gonna outlive me

vCash
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Billy Corgan's lawsuit against TNA parent company Impact Ventures, TNA Wrestling, President Dixie Carter, her husband Serg Salinas and CFO Dean Broadhead was officially dismissed by the Chancery Court in Nashville, TN on December 5th, according to PWInsider. The suit was dismissed at Corgan's request following the financial settlement with Anthem Sports & Entertainment, parent company of The Fight Network. Chancellor Ellen Hobbs Lyle ruled that Corgan would be responsible for paying all court costs and that the lawsuit was dismissed without prejudice. Corgan is free to re-file the lawsuit at a later date.

Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/
    Well, that's the end of that wacky adventure.

vCash
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dixie is out, and will resign from her position as Chairman of Impact Ventures and join the Advisory Board of Fight Media Group, yet will remain as a minority stakeholder.

Why reward the silly bitch?

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@nath45 the fact that she's still a minority stockholder sadly tells us one thing...The Dixie Carter-Roach will never truly be separated from TNA if she can help it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nath45 View Post
    Dixie is out, and will resign from her position as Chairman of Impact Ventures and join the Advisory Board of Fight Media Group, yet will remain as a minority stakeholder.

Why reward the silly bitch?
    She's a minority stockholder and is on their Advisory Board. It's ceremonial. Calm down. This isn't Vince McMahon screaming that someone is fired.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518
    he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518 View Post
    No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.
    NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!

You're talking to god! CarlitoCool9111's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She gone, thank god. TNA, hire D'Amore back plz.
    Austin Aries> CM Punk

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had to bump this thread...These videos were too funny not to post..

vCash
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Potentially The Hardys, Drew Galloway and now Mike Bennett and Maria Kanellis all done'zo with TNA.

http://four3four.com/3834/mike-benne...s-leaving-tna/

According to Mike Johnson at PWInsider, both have decided to not re-sign after their contracts recently expired. The report states they are finished and will not be appearing on the tapings set to tape just two days from now.

The couple debuted on Impact in January of 2016 and were both featured players in the last year. Maria Kanellis was a major part of the Knockouts division as the division’s top heel, and brought some life to a dull scene.

Bennett, who was nicknamed the Miracle, had a big feud with EC3 early last year, being the first person to ever pin him in the company. He also had feuds with Moose and Cody Rhodes.

The exodus of wrestlers who were featured heavily last year like the Hardys, Drew Galloway, and Maria and Mike Bennett are likely to give fans more of a reason to turn away from the product and lose even more faith in the historically poor management. It could always just be business, but having news of talent leaving daily, is not an ideal look for a struggling promotion.

It also leaves a hole of talent that needs to be filled. Former TNA wrestler Matt Morgan has recently said he’ll be back on TV and it’s easy to guess that will be Impact. But if they want to stay afloat, Impact will need to sign more big names to replace who they’ve lost, especially an act like the Hardys who were clearly TNA’s biggest draw.

Where do you see the couple ending up? Are TNA in trouble again?

Banned

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Potentially The Hardys, Drew Galloway and now Mike Bennett and Maria Kanellis all done'zo with TNA.

http://four3four.com/3834/mike-benne...s-leaving-tna/
    It's going to be hard for TNA to replace the Hardys... and Matt Morgan is not doing it.

Beat the Devil out of it Leper Messiah's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The downside of taping so many episodes in advance...

vCash
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Impact Wrestling to Officially Re-Brand as GFW
    By Marc Middleton
    Jun 30, 2017 - 5:08:40 PM

We noted earlier in the week that Impact Wrestling has officially acquired Jeff Jarrett's Global Force Wrestling promotion. The Tennessean reported today that Impact is re-branding as GFW.

The Tennessean reports that the acquisition is designed to distance the company from the financial struggles and legal drama that has followed the brand. The story is that Impact parent company Anthem Sports will re-brand as GFW and Jarrett will take over the creative aspects of the promotion. The Thursday night show on POP TV will continue to be called Impact.

Sunday's Slammiversary event is being seen as the re-launch of the company's pay-per-view business. GFW will be headquartered at Skyway Studios in Nashville, where they currently do pre and post-production work.

Jarrett commented on the re-branding:

"We're a global brand. We have partnerships in Mexico, Japan, other places. Collectively coming together, we've combined forces and basically the rebrand final touches happen (on Sunday) at 'Slammiversary.'"

Anthem's Ed Nordholm told The Tennessean that the company is developing an on-demand streaming service to tap into the valuable tape library they have. Nordholm also said the re-branding was done for two reasons - the double meaning of "TNA" was a turnoff for some potential marketing partners and the name was tainted because of negative media coverage. He said:

"When Anthem got involved we saw a rare opportunity to get involved with an asset that already had global distribution. It's a 3,500-hour library, broadcast in 120 countries, existing distribution contracts in India, Africa and now the United Kingdom. The timeline to take a ground zero promotion to that kind of penetration was 15 years. The work now is to fix some things."
    Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net
    Here we go again.

vCash
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't watch this garbage anymore but this move is smart.

They finally did it.

I actually liked the TNA name and would have ran with it. But they don't have the balls. So ... yeah, they should have done something like this a long time ago.

And I always liked the name Global Force.

Just ... with the shitty reputation both companies have, it's a shame that this was the way they went about it ...

vCash
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wouldn't any potential investors, networks, whoever either simply know they were once known as TNA Wrestling / Impact Wrestling or simply google them and find the wikipedia page? And then go "wait, this is that wrestling company!"

vCash
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wouldn't any potential investors, networks, whoever either simply know they were once known as TNA Wrestling / Impact Wrestling or simply google them and find the wikipedia page? And then go "wait, this is that wrestling company!"
    Yeah but you could say that about any fuck up with any company. Like British Petroleum for example. That company is doing just fine.

Contrary to popular opinion. People and companies can change. And people do accept you if you turn yourself around for the better.

Thought that's a long way from happening as things stand. Still a good start.

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dog Smith View Post
    Yeah but you could say that about any fuck up with any company. Like British Petroleum for example. That company is doing just fine.

Contrary to popular opinion. People and companies can change. And people do accept you if you turn yourself around for the better.

Thought that's a long way from happening as things stand. Still a good start.
    I think getting away from the initials TNA is a good thing as there is no telling how many sponsors they have lost because when they think TNA, they think adult material. Sometimes its the little things. The only thing I don't like in their plan is their return to the ppv market. Wrestling has been absent for a long time on ppv and I'm afraid the model may be dead. I understand they can produce their ppv's for a very limited cost, but still I don't believe they can breathe life into a dead market. Maybe they can prove me wrong.

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't watch this garbage anymore but this move is smart.

They finally did it.

I actually liked the TNA name and would have ran with it. But they don't have the balls. So ... yeah, they should have done something like this a long time ago.

And I always liked the name Global Force.

Just ... with the shitty reputation both companies have, it's a shame that this was the way they went about it ...
    Does GFW have a bad rep? It's barely known that GFW has been running shows since the first.

With the name change, hopefully they don't operate as haphazardly as they did when called TNA.

vCash
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've said it before when they re-branded as " Impact Wrestling " - you can change the name, the logo, the colour scheme, etc, but it's still the company. It's still the same creative, the same workers, the same ideas, the same product.

Here's the hot tip TNA.. it's not the initials, or the logo that's kept you in the same place for the last 15 years.

vCash
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Leper Messiah View Post
    Does GFW have a bad rep? It's barely known that GFW has been running shows since the first.

With the name change, hopefully they don't operate as haphazardly as they did when called TNA.
    Yeah, they got a bad one. They fucked up a ticket thing with some fans. Needed some refunds but it was wicked hard to get them. If you ordered tickets online you had to get the refund in person. Very shady.

Then there was that gold investment thing that was considered strongly to be a pyramid scheme.

vCash
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think getting away from the initials TNA is a good thing as there is no telling how many sponsors they have lost because when they think TNA, they think adult material. Sometimes its the little things. The only thing I don't like in their plan is their return to the ppv market. Wrestling has been absent for a long time on ppv and I'm afraid the model may be dead. I understand they can produce their ppv's for a very limited cost, but still I don't believe they can breathe life into a dead market. Maybe they can prove me wrong.
    Yeah, it's weird that they talk about a subscription service, (Long over due from both ROH and TNA ...)

And then they talk about PPV? Do they not realize that it's a barely even a binary choice?

But PPV is dead.

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, it's weird that they talk about a subscription service, (Long over due from both ROH and TNA ...)

And then they talk about PPV? Do they not realize that it's a barely even a binary choice?

But PPV is dead.
    I'm impressed anyone considers doing PPVs anymore. It's not like a streaming wrestling service is a WWE only thing either (both Chikara and CZW have one). It's really the way to go.

vCash
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Leper Messiah View Post
    I'm impressed anyone considers doing PPVs anymore. It's not like a streaming wrestling service is a WWE only thing either (both Chikara and CZW have one). It's really the way to go.
    Right, NJPW, DDT, the list goes on and on.

And yeah, regarding Heyman, what was somebody said. He never lied to the fans. Just his wrestlers? Haha.

What made it worse is the only place you could get the tickets was at the stadium. So one guy was talking about gas money and all that, he lived far away ... it was a big goof to say the least.

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But PPV is dead.

The only thing that makes me think that ppv could work for them is that they are still producing those "One Night Only" ppv's. In fact, no matter how bad things looked last year, they have always had those "One Night Only" ppv's out there. Maybe its part of the production deal. They get a better price, in return, the production co. keeps profits from that. I have no idea but all I know is that there are always One Night Only ppv's available that the company barely pushes. Now, they are pushing Slammiversary (spelling?)hard, so maybe they know something I don't.

vCash
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only thing that makes me think that ppv could work for them is that they are still producing those "One Night Only" ppv's. In fact, no matter how bad things looked last year, they have always had those "One Night Only" ppv's out there. Maybe its part of the production deal. They get a better price, in return, the production co. keeps profits from that. I have no idea but all I know is that there are always One Night Only ppv's available that the company barely pushes. Now, they are pushing Slammiversary (spelling?)hard, so maybe they know something I don't.
    No, bro. You know a lot more about wrestling than TNA does.

It's not something you should be proud of but it's true ...

vCash
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And people are still going to call the TNA and say LOLTNA.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518
    he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518 View Post
    No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.
    NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!

vCash
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah it's gonna be interesting to see how long it takes for the name change to take.

I think for them? The biggest metric is adding viewers and live attendance fans. Think about it. Every NEW person that they get? Is a person who hasn't been watching for a while and therefore is willing to accept it as a new company.

That means that when they do something good, it's not, "TNA did this, or TNA did that." It's more ... "I went to a Global Force show? It was pretty good!"

That's how slowly, over time, the name will stick. Pretty soon the name will start popping up more organically in real conversations with wrestling fans.

For example, "Dude, you like TNA?"

"You mean Global Force?"

"Yeah, that's what they used to be called."

"Oh, I didn't know that. I just started watching this year and it's really good."

Then that second fan might check it out and eventually start calling it Global Force as well.

But they have to get those numbers up.

Thread Information