Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Recent Pick Ups

vCash
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Recent Pick Ups

Bout time VG&T had it's very own pick-ups thread.

Let me get the ball rolling.

I've been on a clearance mission with PS3/360, adding games to my collection that I missed out on during their heir day. I was stoked to pick up God of War 3 at that price, it's a game I've been meaning to check out for years and I've heard nothing but good things. Killzone 3 less so, but at that price and having never played a Killzone game before, it was worth chucking in sealed.

I thought that was going to be me for the day, but came across a clearance sale at EB Games. I had a brief look prior at their online stock and nothing really grabbed me. However, I came to realise it extended across the entire store so I was like a kid in a candy store. Xenoblade Chronicles 3D at 50% off was just too good to ignore, I took one look and decided right then and there it was coming for me. I also remembered seeing a copy of Nights: Journey Into Dreams, which was only $8 so I took it with me as well.

There were a ton of deals on offer and I had to pull myself out of there before I got too crazy. I nearly succumbed to Lost Odyssey for 360 but I'm pretty sure it's easily available on ebay. The only game I would have been after is 3D Dot Heroes which is becoming increasingly rare and isn't available on PSN.

Oh and the Bayonetta pack was something I got off of ebay recently. Thought I could have had it at $25, which would have been a bargain but it jumped up at the last second and I had to settle for $41. Saved myself $30 and considering the Wii U is my console of choice, I had to pick it up.

What games have you added to your collections?

What games are you after?

Are there any holy grails?

Asteroids Champion! Breakout Champion!
    vCash
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Re: Recent Pick Ups

I'm slowly building up a PS2 collection. All my games seem to have disappeared over the years, guess I traded them in after finishing them, but I've been steadily regrowing it. My most recent purchase was from CeX, a used games/DVD store. The oldest games sold are PS2, at least in my city. As you can see, I picked up an Alone In The Dark game, Jak II and Ratchet and Clank. My PS2 backlog is Haunting Ground, Second Sight and Silent Hill 3, which came from my next most recent splurge, so it could be a while before I open these up.

I've got a lot of games on my bucket list, the ones I'd most like to get being the original Onimusha game and Dragon Quest VIII.

vCash
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CEX is fantastic for PS2 games. They sell some of them absolutely dirt cheap. Their GameCube section can also be good, depending on the game.

I'm picking up old games all the time, so much so that it might actually be an obsession eBay, Cash Converters and CEX have enjoyed raiding my bank account over the past year or so. Most recent pickups were:

Legion: Legend of Excalibur (PS2)
    Sonic Generations (PS3)
    Nights into Dreams (Sega Saturn)
    Street Fighter 2 (Super Famicom)
    Super Mario World (Super Famicom)
    Dragonball Z: Super Butoden 2 (Super Famicom)
    Star Wars Episode I Racer (N64)
    Worms 3D (XBOX)
    Star Ocean: The Last Hope (XBOX 360)
    Legend of Zelda Promo Disc (GameCube)
    Jurassic Park (Master System)
    Psycho Fox (Master System)
    Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap (Master System)

Nights was actually a lot harder than I thought it would be. I only played on it for about half an hour but couldn't even get past the first level... guess I need to readjust to mid-90's platforming!

As an aside, for PS4/PSVR I've currently bought FIFA 17, Windlands, Tethered, and VR Worlds. Hoping to pick up more games around Christmas time.

I would like to pick up Final Fantasy I/II for the PS1, but it goes for 20+ of eBay at the moment which seems a bit much... hoping it'll come down in future.
    Last edited by BARCELONA; 11-05-2016 at 08:18 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just picked up BF1 for PS4 and I like it but definitely prefer BF4 so far, this may be because I was used to the maps and weapons, we will see.

vCash
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The hunt...is on!

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recently picked up a PS4. I bought Doom, WWE 2K17, and Uncharted 4 came with the console. Doom is lots of fun, WWE 2K17 is difficult if you haven't really played wresting games since the Smackdown vs Raw era but is enjoyable after a while (love the WWE Universe mode), and I haven't tried Uncharted 4 yet but I'm eager to. I also got a used copy of NHL 16 but it's too scratched to work properly and I need to return it.

Thinking about Skyrim, and either the new COD or maybe Battlefield 1.

vCash
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This month I got:

Batman The Telltale Series
    Pokemon Sun
    I also ordered a bunch of PS1 and PS2 games on sale via PSN like Tomba, Tomba 2, God Hand, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne etc.

I also was fortunate to nab a New Nintendo 3DS Black Version for 99.99 which was sold out big time in retail stores, I have a 3DS XL so I am not sure what to do with that system but the deal was too good to give up and they come in such a limited warranty.

Also might take advantage of Gamestop's Black Friday deal and get 2 preowned games and get 1 free, now which ones to decide is tricky.

I have a 100 dollars worth of Target gift cards, always wanted to get a 2nd XB1 controller and 2nd PS4 controller but don't want to go through the hoards of people to do so, might be a Saturday ordeal or might just order it online.

Have bit my tongue with FFXV, there have been some insane deals that I missed(30 dollars for an XB1 version via Newegg was the killer one)

Currently Playing:
    Wipeout Omega Collection(PS4), Rocket League(PS4)

vCash
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Black Friday shopping went well last night. I was in the second group to be allowed in the video games and movies section. Grabbed a copy of Pokemon Omega Sapphire, Skyrim, Rachet and Clank, Dark Souls III, Fallout 4, Unchartered collection, and Star Wars Battlefront. I'll have a ton of free time coming up with the semester ending. This pile of games should keep me busy while I go between them and Pokemon Sun.

vCash
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice hauls.

Despite my best efforts, I couldn't resist some of the online sales.

So I picked up...

Nights Into Dreams - I'd like to think if I was 20 years older, I would have been all over this game on release. The game is just bursting with colour, amazing music and a fun arcade style that begs to be played over and over again. For $2, it was just too good to ignore.

Psychonauts - Outside of the genre, I know very little about this game. I just know those who have played it, swear by it and consider it one of the best platformers of the PS2/XBox/GCN era. I can't wait to see myself, from the sounds of it, it has a similar personality to games like Abe's and Earthworm Jim. Very oddball which is what I tend to go for in gaming.

Mass Effect Trilogy - At one point or another, I owned both this and the sequel but my brother is a master magician and seemingly made them vanish (along with half the 360 collection). I never got a chance to play it back then and while I doubt I'll have the time to get through them all before Andromeda, it's nice to have them there if I want some context.

Asteroids Champion! Breakout Champion!
    vCash
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's Steam sale time, so I clearaed out my Steam wishlist. Bought Rogue Legacy, Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen and Shovel Knight. The latter has been on my bucket list for a while. I believe the first two grabbed my attention when they appeared in people's Top 50 VG&T lists. Got them all for under 20. It would have been over twice as much without the Steam sale discounts, so a pretty good deal.

vCash
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Picked up Odin Sphere Leifthrasir from the PS Store today. I generally prefer my games in physical medium, but 19.99 was too good to turn down. Looking forward to playing it. I like that you can choose Japanese voices with subs.

Also, just won an eBay auction for Sega Rally, Worms, Firestorm Thunderhawk 2, FIFA 97, Olympic Soccer, Theme Park and Manx TT for the Sega Saturn. 16 including postage which is reasonable enough. Although I now have three copies of Sega Rally on Saturn... bundles are generally the best way to buy these types of retro games, but duplicates of the more popular games are almost guaranteed.

Middle of Nowhere (By way of Cleveland, City of Kings and Champions.)
    vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Picked this up at launch, yet to play much of it, but that will change with FF15. Ratchet, UC4, and TLOU all look nice on a 4K screen though.

Early Christmas gift. <3
    Last edited by CIG; 11-26-2016 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Launch, not lunch lol.

2x PW Power 25 Winner

Currently Playing - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild and NBA 2K17

PW Game of the Year 2016 - Voting now open.

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bought CoD Infinite Warfare, I find that most of the hate around the franchise is just people jumping on the wagon that it's cool to hate on it, I actually enjoyed AW.

This game though, 3hrs of multi-player was enough for me to put the game back on the shelf and not even attempt the campaign. It's 100% power slides and flying over the top of people, it's not CoD anymore, AW was like the old games with high jumping, but this is crap... Series needs a reboot yo.

BF1 is so much a better multi-player experience, though the campaign hasn't kept me interested for more than the first story, very disjointed.

vCash
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Official Items Purchased:

$99 New Nintendo 3DS Black Mario Model via Amazon(This came in very limited amounts so was happy to score one, might give my 3DS XL to brother for Christmas. Did the system transfer)

$74 Playstation 4 Blue Controller and Xbox One White Controller(These will be my second of each, my PS4 black controller has some shit starting to peel off from it and this could be good for get togethers to play games like Overwatch etc. Each were 40 dollars plus tax but thanks to Target customer support, I saved 12 bucks due to the storewide 15% off Cyber Monday deal beginning Sunday. I had two gifts cards I held for nearly a year that I put to good use since Target usually does not offer up much in the deals category)

I am very tempted to get Digimon Cyber Sleuth on PSN for 17 bucks I think and also Dishonored 2 via Best Buy GCU for 17 dollars along with a 10 dollar certificate that is set to expire next week. 17 dollars for a game not even 2 weeks old is very, very tempting and add free shipping and I might have to jump on it even if Dishonored 2 is a future playthrough)

Currently Playing:
    Wipeout Omega Collection(PS4), Rocket League(PS4)

Making snow angels The Main Event's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was very close to purchasing a PS4 and a couple of games when I heard about Black Friday deals, but decided to not even go and deal with all that non-sense to save $60 when I shouldn't have spent all that money to begin with while saving to move out and into a new place....damn logical mind

THIS AWWWWWWESOME BANNER MADE BY SPIKE

I'M BACK BAYBAY!!!

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No fun pictures because I downloaded the games, but on Black Friday I bought Battlefield 1 and Assassin's Creed: Syndicate.

Been wanting to play Syndicate since it came out and it was $23.99 in the Store. Couldn't turn that down.

All my friends have Battlefield 1 and it was 50% off on Friday, so why not.

I also bought Terrarria for my daughter to play because it was 3 bucks. She's addicted. Seems like a fun game.

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How are you enjoying BF1 RT?

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    No fun pictures because I downloaded the games, but on Black Friday I bought Battlefield 1 and Assassin's Creed: Syndicate.

Been wanting to play Syndicate since it came out and it was $23.99 in the Store. Couldn't turn that down.

All my friends have Battlefield 1 and it was 50% off on Friday, so why not.

I also bought Terrarria for my daughter to play because it was 3 bucks. She's addicted. Seems like a fun game.
    Terrarria is a top five games of all time for me. They are still adding stuff to the game too five years after release.

Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My top 50 got me all nostalgic, so I picked up this little diddy:

Playing through Infinite Warfare right now, but after that, not sure if I'll finish Beyond Good and Evil or jump straight to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dynamite
    Sometimes a terrible idea is the best idea you got, and one thing I've learned, is always go with the best idea you got.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iNCY View Post
    How are you enjoying BF1 RT?
    It's pretty good. I think my friends over-hyped it a bit though. I was expecting the best shooter ever and it's pretty much a less insane, more realistic Call of Duty. I mean, I like Call of Duty too, it's just I was told Battlefield was completely different and way more fun and I'm not finding either to be true. The gameplay itself is great though.

Let's put it this way..I'm glad I got it during the Black Friday 50% off sale because if I paid full price for it I'd be a bit upset at myself. Also I should say that I've really only played mutliplayer and haven't dived into the single player stories yet. They look good though.

Quote Originally Posted by Engel View Post
    Terrarria is a top five games of all time for me. They are still adding stuff to the game too five years after release.
    I haven't played it much but it does seem fun. My daughter loves it and she hasn't even figured out most of what you can do yet. Yesterday she's like "I built a village!" and it's two and a half little wooden houses that took her two hours to make. When she gets the hang of crafting and really starts exploring I might never see her again.

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Traded in the Bioshock Collection, Battlefield 1, and CoD Infinite Warfare. Got like $80 store credit and picked up Dishonored 2 and Titanfall 2.

Both are amazing! Titanfall 2 is definitely my shooter of choice this year and I believe Dishonored 2 just surpassed Uncharted 4 as my GOTY.

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really did love Dishonored 2, great stealth game, great action game. Once a GOTY edition drops, I'll buy it and play it again, and go for the merciless powerless run.
    Sometimes a terrible idea is the best idea you got, and one thing I've learned, is always go with the best idea you got.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I haven't played it much but it does seem fun. My daughter loves it and she hasn't even figured out most of what you can do yet. Yesterday she's like "I built a village!" and it's two and a half little wooden houses that took her two hours to make. When she gets the hang of crafting and really starts exploring I might never see her again.
    Yeah, I spent I think 1000 or so hours with the game. It is super addictive. The amount of things you can do is near limitless.

Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I already got Super Metroid, so I decided to up the dosage:

PW Tag Team Champion!! HilaryFan's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stil no dispatch e mail for Last Guardian....getting very, very nervous

( ?_?) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

Currently Playing: Suikoden 1, Max Payne 1, Beyond Good and Evil, MGS Peace Walker

Thread Information