Thread: Recent Pick Ups

vCash
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Recent Pick Ups

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I've been raiding the recent PSN sales too. My latest purchases were the ICO/Shadow of the Colossus and Sly Cooper HD collections.

I'm also waiting for Gundam Breaker 3 to arrive.
    You are going to like Carmelita Montoya Fox and her numerous accents!

Sly is such a great series.
    Currently Playing:
    Cosmic Star Heroine(PS4), Rocket League(PS4), Steins;Gate 0(PS4)

vCash
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tomorrow is payday for me. I'll have to take a look at the PSN sale.

vCash
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More PSN Sale Purchases

Ratchet & Clank Trilogy
    Jak and Daxter Trilogy
    Sly Racoon Trilogy
    Shadow of the Colossus HD

All for $46.

26/3/17, the day my PS3 officially transitioned into a HD PS2.

But at those prices, how couldn't I pick these games up? My PS2 collection was looking a little sad, with Jak I and Ratchet I long gone after my brother lent them out to his scummy friends. Do you know what that's like? On top of that, they were cherished Christmas gifts! I'd get salty all the time, especially whenever Emperor was talking about his recent playthrough of Ratchet. I wanted to join in the conversation, but I couldn't remember anything about it since I hadn't played it since launch. All I remember is that it's the one Christmas gift that I'd never beaten before, something I hope to remedy.

Meanwhile Jak II was hogging up valuable space on my PS2 memory card and was creating too many moral conundrums. I consider it one of the best action-platformers of all-time and wanted to play through it's hard mode at some point, but also wanted to play through some other games on my PS2. Now that I own it on another console, I can obliterate that save and start fresh. When I do, I'll write a well researched thesis on why my co-mod has awful tastes.

I never played the Sly Trilogy back in the day. I completely slept on the original and when the sequel came out, it happened to be during this golden period of gaming where I had my hands full with GTA: San Andreas, Halo 2, Half Life 2, Doom 3, Tales of Symphonia, Paper Mario 2, WWE Day of Reckoning and DBZ Budokai 3 (among others, I remember getting Pikmin 2 and Jak 3 around that time and never playing them). I remember the rave reviews for the sequel and being frustrated about it. How could I appreciate the sequel when I never played the original? Then before I knew it a third game came out and I threw my hands up. Over 10 years later, I can't wait to see how it compares with the other series. I've heard people say they're even better than Jak & Ratchet, so I can't wait to see for myself. You never know, these games could be so good that even Emp can't deny their awesomeness?

Just like Shadows of the Colossus. So far 2017 has been a fantastic year, but it got off to a sour note when I realised my copy of Shadow of the Colossus was missing. I'd just finished The Last Guardian for a second time and wanted more Ueda. For $6, it was difficult to turn a blind eye and I can't wait to slay more monsters. I only ever played through it once, and there was a 3 year gap between playthroughs.

vCash
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Picked up Odin Sphere Leifthrasir.

It's an uncommon game around these parts, and when I came across a copy it was on sale and it was wedged into the tightest shelf of games I've come across. Once I pulled it out to check it's price, it was never going to get back in so I knew I had to have it.

Really happy to have it apart of my collection again. Years ago, my brother actually did the right thing by me and asked permission before lending my PS2 copy out. Unfortunately him and this friend of his had a major falling out and my PS2 game was one of the casualties. One of the cool things I didn't know about this edition about Odin Sphere is that it includes both a refined version and the original PS2 version. The refined version makes a bunch of quality of life improvements, so naturally I've made a save with it, but I'd also be keen to check out the original to see how it differs.

Also not sure what it's like in other parts of the world, but Nier: Autamata seems surprisingly uncommon. The only place I could locate a copy was at EB Games and they wanted $99 for it. Hopefully it goes down in price because it's one of those games I really want to check out once I'm through with Zelda and Persona 5.

vCash
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I picked up a digital copy of OSL in a PSN sale here recently. Only played it very briefly though. I have a ton of 2D games that I've barely touched or not touched at all since I started going hardcore on RIGS. I need to remedy that at some point.

vCash
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Steam Sales and as is tradition, I had to pick up a game.

I followed @Hypeman's earlier recommendation and picked up Hollow Knight. At 33% off, it wasn't the best deal, but since I was going to pick it up regardless, I'll take the discount while I can.

Cannot wait to sink my teeth into it. Metroidvanias are one of my favourite genres and the game exudes plenty of style.

What deals have you guys gotten into as of late?

Asteroids Champion! Breakout Champion!
    vCash
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Not bought any games in a while. Nothing on the Steam sale grabbed my attention. I'm just going through my backlog.

vCash
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My 24 year old Mega Drive/Genesis got a long-awaited upgrade recently in the form of the Mega CD 2.

I also picked up a Panasonic 3DO FZ-10.

The nice thing about both consoles is that they were released at a time when burning CDs was expensive as hell, so there is no protection at all. I never thought I'd be picking up CD-R's again, but here I am with 45 of them...

vCash
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bought battle bro's. An indie title where you manage a mercenary company in a low fantasy setting. Great for an indie game good value for money.

Asteroids Champion! Breakout Champion!
    vCash
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Bought a lot of Playstation games at a video game market.

Vagrant Story is apparently rare but I got it for a very respectable price. Surprisingly the first Crash Bandicoot game was pretty expensive at most stalls, significantly more than the other Crash games, but I found one guy who parted with it for a measly 8. Glad to get my hands on Valkyrie Profile 2. For some reason the only copies I've found in person have been NTSC. Never heard of Okami before today, but my friend told me it's amazing and I trust his judgment.

@ShinobiMusashi will be interested to hear about the Sega Mega Drive Collection. For 4 I got all these games.

vCash
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
    @ShinobiMusashi will be interested to hear about the Sega Mega Drive Collection. For 4 I got all these games.
    I have been playing the US version a lot here lately, Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection for PS3/360 has a much better collection of games but there's still something about that older PS2 compilation that I really love, the interface, the music, it's really nice. I have been playing that version because I have an old CRT TV in my office that I spend most of my time in with a regular old PS2 hooked up with standard A/V jacks(PS3 stays in my living room hooked up to HDTV with HDMI, my little office/media room is where I smoke all my pot). I played through Ecco The Dolphin on it over this Summer, just finished it up last week. Looks like you hit the jackpot!

Thread Information