0 Thread(s)

Default Colin Kaepernick Protests Anthem Due to Treatment of Minorities

vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Colin Kaepernick Protests Anthem Due to Treatment of Minorities

Using his public position for good. I like it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably will do more harm than good, but I don't really care.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope he does it for the whole season.

They still play defense? The Real LT's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The same country that allows you to earn millions of dollars for being a below average QB Colin? Hypocrisy much?

vCash
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His whole Confederacy/Union flag shick is pretty silly given he's someone who is colored but was adopted and raised by white parents who by all accounts saved his life from god knows what and allowed him to do what he does today. Pretty disrespectful to be honest and pretty shameful and I feel bad for his parents. He should know if anybody that there should be no separation between color and race.

If that is what he believes in, so be it. Hate to see this country become North Korea and enforce beliefs and nationalism upon an individual but it's just rude to the veterans who lost limbs and lives to allow someone like this to do this for a living. Selfish to his teammates too but creating a story that isn't even necessary to deal with. This also doesn't help his stock and trade value so sucks for San Fran, I don't want the Jets to trade for someone with this type of a dark cloud hovering over him and I doubt Elway would deal with this too even if Kaep restructures after he hates seeing Gabbert bomb for the 49ers while on the sidelines.

Currently Playing:
    Persona 5(PS4), Rocket League(PS4)

vCash
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's going to be on the bench enough this season. Maybe SF will protest him if he continues to play below average.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Real LT View Post
    The same country that allows you to earn millions of dollars for being a below average QB Colin? Hypocrisy much?
    Yeah, pretty much. So ridiculous, and it isn't going to help a mediocre QB extend his career.

Beat the Devil out of it Leper Messiah's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no problem with it. It never became a fixed thing to play the national anthem before a sporting event up until World War I (possibly, it was a propaganda static for countries) and their are a lot of people in the stands that act disrespectful during it as well.

vCash
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure what his career has to do with his position on there being racism in America. Reflecting on his career salary not a great way to disprove racism when you start looking at the list of richest people in the country and see just how few of them are black. There are three black billionaires out of more than 400 billionaires in the United States, and one of them thanks to sports.
    Last edited by mikec; 08-27-2016 at 05:08 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    Not sure what his career has to do with his position on there being racism in America. Reflecting on his career salary not a great way to disprove racism when you start looking at the list of richest people in the country and see just how few of them are black. There are three black billionaires out of more than 400 billionaires in the United States, and one of them thanks to sports.
    I think what people were probably referring to is in regards to him being fortunate to have the money and guaranteed deal he has as a means to show how privileged he is to be born into a situation where he can focus on football and not either be dead or struggling to get out of a poor environment. Not everyone is adopted into great households or even adopted at all, guy is in a far better position than plenty is what I am getting at so to someone who is really struggling, regardless of color, ethnicity or race or religion etc. this does look pretty lousy.

Based off performance alone, Colin does not deserve the salary he is making. You have rookies like Winston who put forth a better full 16 game year last year over what Kaep has ever done in the same course but because of rules, one is making far more than the other. That's the game of free agency and football market etc. Absolutely, he's not the first nor last but he does 100% deserve scrutiny for any of his actions, especially if he isn't holding his end of the deal on a contract and doing stuff like this, whether it is right or wrong.....furthers the fuel to the fire.

Currently Playing:

vCash
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You think the league's gonna suspend him multiple games for this?

Still My Champ
    Thanks, surrender.

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CM Punk'd View Post
    You think the league's gonna suspend him multiple games for this?
    They really shouldn't but you never know with a tyrant like Goodell at the helm.

vCash
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To @blndy I don't think that's what anyone else was saying. Had it not been Kaepernick but instead been one of the great many athletes that dealt with a really shitty inner city upbringing the reaction would be the same. The people in this thread that I was responding to have said you make 61 million dollars in America, sit down and shut up. My comment is that how much money he makes is irrelevant to a conversation on whether there is oppression of black people in this country.

Kaepernick did get lucky about the timing of his free agency, but he's also a QB that led a team to a Super Bowl. A lot of those QBs make a lot of money whether deserved or not. But it's all completely irrelevant to the discussion. He's not proof that black people aren't oppressed.

I don't really think the statement of not standing for the anthem is worth the trouble, though obviously I have a blind spot in not being black. I applaud him being willing to risk what's left of his career and endorsements on something that means something to him.

vCash
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To @blndy I don't think that's what anyone else was saying. Had it not been Kaepernick but instead been one of the great many athletes that dealt with a really shitty inner city upbringing the reaction would be the same. The people in this thread that I was responding to have said you make 61 million dollars in America, sit down and shut up. My comment is that how much money he makes is irrelevant to a conversation on whether there is oppression of black people in this country.

Kaepernick did get lucky about the timing of his free agency, but he's also a QB that led a team to a Super Bowl. A lot of those QBs make a lot of money whether deserved or not. But it's all completely irrelevant to the discussion. He's not proof that black people aren't oppressed.

I don't really think the statement of not standing for the anthem is worth the trouble, though obviously I have a blind spot in not being black. I applaud him being willing to risk what's left of his career and endorsements on something that means something to him.
    I guess you, he and I see the flag much differently. I see a flag that has seen military, navy, air force die and have their lives and families affected for wars and fights that they were either drafted or brought out of free will for. Limbs, mental psyche and countless other consequences soldiers deal with forever ruined for a privilege to wake up every day and have freedom to do what we want and believe what we can believe in. What Kaep is doing is disrespecting these people, whether he sees it or not or if he even cares.

I see a country that has it's faults, like all countries but also has something not every country has and it is an ability to allow someone based off of hard work and dedication to get farther in life. Of course the workforce has much to be improved upon and of course there are assholes who give life a living hell for all, whether it be for the LGBT, women, minorities, or anybody who gets affected by bigotry. But you compare this to much other countries like Syria that has been destroyed by a group of evil people or see countless third world countries and you think to yourself that so many people have got it much worse.

Soldiers, police officers of all color. Black, white, hispanic etc. I don't get the stance in large part due to blacks serving in the police force or in the military....it's the same thing I don't quite get for blacks bashing the police, there are countless of black policemen and women.

There's better ways to go about it, This brings attention to himself each time, not for the message given. He makes a boatload of money, is he contributing to foundations to further help people of need?

Currently Playing:

vCash
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he's misguided in his aim, the country doesn't oppress, people within the country oppress (no country is without people who oppress), but that's not what the flag or country stand for. His protesting oppression is more protesting the symbol of the people who have fought and died for the rights and privileges we're afforded today, people of all colors. It's a noble aim, just not quite on target.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Dynamite
    Sometimes a terrible idea is the best idea you got, and one thing I've learned, is always go with the best idea you got.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get where he's coming from, I really do. I think there are other ways for him to make his point, but as he chose to go another route. Which ironically, his rights as a US citizen provide him the freedom to do so.

And according to the NFL's rules, standing during the national anthem is not a requirement.

vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah black people should really stop complaining and just become NFL players. America makes everything easy for you.

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Stan View Post
    I get where he's coming from, I really do. I think there are other ways for him to make his point, but as he chose to go another route. Which ironically, his rights as a US citizen provide him the freedom to do so.

And according to the NFL's rules, standing during the national anthem is not a requirement.
    He has the freedom to say it. We have to the freedom to say he's full of shit.

Yeah black people should really stop complaining and just become NFL players. America makes everything easy for you
    Considering that Colin is bi-racial, raised by white people, and has likely never experienced any real discrimination in his life his "protest" rings hollow.

Also, Blindy puts it perfectly. This country is not perfect, but there are VERY few other countries where someone born poor can earn his way to the top like they can in the United States. If he can't appreciate that, let him go somewhere else and see how well he can earn a living.

This is true, but it still could fall under "conduct detrimental" if Lord Goodell see fit to.
    Last edited by The Real LT; 08-28-2016 at 12:12 AM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindy View Post
    I guess you, he and I see the flag much differently. I see a flag that has seen military, navy, air force die and have their lives and families affected for wars and fights that they were either drafted or brought out of free will for. Limbs, mental psyche and countless other consequences soldiers deal with forever ruined for a privilege to wake up every day and have freedom to do what we want and believe what we can believe in. What Kaep is doing is disrespecting these people, whether he sees it or not or if he even cares.

I see a country that has it's faults, like all countries but also has something not every country has and it is an ability to allow someone based off of hard work and dedication to get farther in life. Of course the workforce has much to be improved upon and of course there are assholes who give life a living hell for all, whether it be for the LGBT, women, minorities, or anybody who gets affected by bigotry. But you compare this to much other countries like Syria that has been destroyed by a group of evil people or see countless third world countries and you think to yourself that so many people have got it much worse.

Soldiers, police officers of all color. Black, white, hispanic etc. I don't get the stance in large part due to blacks serving in the police force or in the military....it's the same thing I don't quite get for blacks bashing the police, there are countless of black policemen and women.

There's better ways to go about it, This brings attention to himself each time, not for the message given. He makes a boatload of money, is he contributing to foundations to further help people of need?
    I always liked the "insert terrible country" retort when it comes to cultural issues. It's the old "we treats our blacks good!" argument.

I also enjoy the shot against Kap's talent ... Because if he was Brady-esque in his stats it would be okay?

Kap used his profile to speak out on an issue, and he explained himself quite well. I don't get why people are bent out of shape about it.

[π: WWPID?] ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

vCash
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He has the freedom to say it. We have to the freedom to say he's full of shit.

Considering that Colin is bi-racial, raised by white people, and has likely never experienced any real discrimination in his life his "protest" rings hollow.
    What is that based on? Half-black people who get adopted by white don't ever face "real" discrimination? That's amazing LT, you should spread the word on how to stop racism...

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is that based on? Half-black people who get adopted by white don't ever face "real" discrimination? That's amazing LT, you should spread the word on how to stop racism...
    Has he ever been denied opportunity solely because of his race? That would be a no.

vCash
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A) How do you know?

B) Does one have to personally be afflicted to take a stand on an issue?

[π: WWPID?] ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

vCash
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has he ever been denied opportunity solely because of his race? That would be a no.
    Boy and I thought Blindy's posts on the subject were bad. You've taken to just pretending you know someone for your point.

vCash
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Jericho View Post
    I always liked the "insert terrible country" retort when it comes to cultural issues. It's the old "we treats our blacks good!" argument.

I also enjoy the shot against Kap's talent ... Because if he was Brady-esque in his stats it would be okay?

Kap used his profile to speak out on an issue, and he explained himself quite well. I don't get why people are bent out of shape about it.
    I just said in the same post that there is much work to be done but yeah this does seem silly in comparison to what goes on in a lot of countries on a daily basis. People can't even find a job and would do anything to get a good job, let alone the type of money he's making but would easily be fired for doing something equivalent to this at their workspot.

I actually like him and spoke somewhat highly of him in the other thread for QB rankings but I am not a fan of what he did here for my 1st post's reasons.

It's the same crowd who cry foul and "RACIST" when someone bashed Cam Newton for how he handled himself during and after the Super Bowl. It's not racist for bashing Newton for how he imploded in that game, it happens and he's gotta learn from it. He put his immaturity down a keg this year credit to him but he let it happen in the super bowl, that doesn't mean people who bash him or don't think he should have been MVP mean they're racist.

There have been black lives lost in the military, in the police force. That's a fact but I know that isn't as eyecatching of a story so that doesn't get out there so it is lost in the shuffle.
    Last edited by Blindy; 08-28-2016 at 08:22 AM.

Currently Playing:

Thread Information