They still play defense? The Real LT's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Colin Kaepernick Protests Anthem Due to Treatment of Minorities

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Jericho View Post
    I agree; the guy says sitting his Colin's right.
    It is. It is also our right to say how full of shit he is.

If you really hated or disagreed with his protest you'd shut the fuck up about it. The whole point was to get people talking and the more this goes on the more Kaep's protest matters.

You Americans never learn.
    That's not how free speech works. People have every right to voice their displeasure at what he did. And the right to take any action that does not constitute criminal behavior.

vCash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Real LT View Post

That's not how free speech works. People have every right to voice their displeasure at what he did. And the right to take any action that does not constitute criminal behavior.
    Sure it is. But the logic he's never faced discrimination (which, again, you cannot verify one way or the other) means he can't take a stand is foolish.

That's like saying white people cant support #BLM or straight people can't support gay rights.

[π: WWPID?] ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Well I wish it would go away , I don't think the any publicity is good publicity is really relevant to this topic. I mean you want people to hear your plight and your message but they are far too pissed off at your antics to even listen to you. You think people are going to sit there and listen to his oppression views when they can't get past him hating America?
    What do you think people have been doing for the last century or so? It's not like this is a new issue that popped out of thin air. No matter what people do to try and get the conversation started towards change, they will receive flack because a lot of indivduals are narrow minded and refuse to accept that there is an issue if it doesn't directly affect them. Kaepernick did something that would garner the much needed attention to an issue that has plagued this country for generations. And the fact that people keep talking about how offended (which within itself is ridiculous) and continue to ignore or confront the issues that he is protesting further proves why doing stuff like this is necessary.

You're Welcome.

vCash
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sB View Post
    What do you think people have been doing for the last century or so? It's not like this is a new issue that popped out of thin air. No matter what people do to try and get the conversation started towards change, they will receive flack because a lot of indivduals are narrow minded and refuse to accept that there is an issue if it doesn't directly affect them. Kaepernick did something that would garner the much needed attention to an issue that has plagued this country for generations. And the fact that people keep talking about how offended (which within itself is ridiculous) and continue to ignore or confront the issues that he is protesting further proves why doing stuff like this is necessary.
    There is a lot of narrow minded views on both sides of the coin , the majority of people cannot begin to discuss this without spouting off ignorance and again ... it comes from both sides of the argument.

I stand by what I was saying , people aren't talking about Colins message as much as how he went about it. That's not progress , that's not getting people to hear the message that matters... that is getting more and more people to either tune out or turn a blind eye to the real cause here. The point of all this is for people to unite right?

The BLM movement is much of the same bullshit. Blocking freeways isn't going to create any more people to hear you out it's going to make more people hate your cause. Is that what the aim of any of these movements are because I promise you that they are causing more of a divide and less people caring about oppression than it's helping at all. I could go on and on about the idiocy of BLM but that's neither here nor there.

At the end of the day I don't know the exact solution , no one does. I think it is a worthy cause and minority oppression is a huge issue this country has faced for a long time ... but I don't think actions like Kaepernicks is the solution. I think it's totally counterproductive.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know how free speech works. I'm saying the best way to fight a protest is to ignore it. It loses its power that way.

Kaepernick wanted people to get angry and it worked.

vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's just another guy telling Kaepernick that he shouldn't care about the problems of others because he has a good life. But he's a veteran so he also throws in a stupid suggestion to join the military. This article sucks.

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I know how free speech works. I'm saying the best way to fight a protest is to ignore it. It loses its power that way.

Kaepernick wanted people to get angry and it worked.
    They are not getting angry in support of his cause. They are getting angry at HIM. In other words he's not helping the cause one inch. If anything he's actually set the cause back.

It's just another guy telling Kaepernick that he shouldn't care about the problems of others because he has a good life. But he's a veteran so he also throws in a stupid suggestion to join the military. This article sucks.
    I guessed you missed the part about finding productive ways to protest that don't shit all over the country that gives him the opportunity to succeed the way he has, and to run his ungrateful mouth about it without reprisal.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People get riled up over the dumbest crap. We have rights being taken away, we have politicians being bought and paid for, we have discrimination, we have brutality, we have all these things, but nope, people want to get offended over this....
    Now you're on the field callin' me an asshole, 'Cause I roped up your body like a lasso

And I could be just like Mr. HK, runnin' cause a melee
    Bring my team a W, I'm poppin' shots like Pele

vCash
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just in case there is an idea that military members and veterans all feel disrespected by Colin Kaepernick's protest.

Also, I don't, either. Me and my 4-year Air Force tenure with an honorable discharge have no problem with it, either.

The way some people are so insecure with their over-the-top patriotism...

Not to mention the willingness to deflect literally any grievance from a person of color on racial issues in this country.

vCash
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why does one person suddenly outweigh all of the military's opinion again? I didn't know that person spoke for all.

I just think its stupid as fuck the NFL fines DeAngelo Williams money per game for his pride of breast cancer that he has a great reason for but Kaepernick gets away with it with nothing. Does Williams breast cancer awareness make the NFL look worse than what Kaepernick is doing? The NFL is making 6-7 figures a year on breast cancer awareness yet someone who was impacted upon it doesn't get to full-fledged support it?

Currently Playing:
    Persona 5(PS4), Rocket League(PS4)

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They have rules about uniforms, stupid or not. I don't think there are any rules against what Kaepernick did.

vCash
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    They have rules about uniforms, stupid or not. I don't think there are any rules against what Kaepernick did.
    I never said they didn't but it needs to be altered for situations like this where its no harm done for breast cancer awareness. NFL consistently honors veterans and has tons of sponsorship with pro American companies so I don't see the difference here, under NFL rules, the uniform altering makes the sport look bad but what Kaep is doing does not?

Makes no sense, sorry RT.

Currently Playing:

vCash
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindy View Post
    Why does one person suddenly outweigh all of the military's opinion again? I didn't know that person spoke for all.
    When did all of the military weigh in? I missed it.

I just think its stupid as fuck the NFL fines DeAngelo Williams money per game for his pride of breast cancer that he has a great reason for but Kaepernick gets away with it with nothing. Does Williams breast cancer awareness make the NFL look worse than what Kaepernick is doing? The NFL is making 6-7 figures a year on breast cancer awareness yet someone who was impacted upon it doesn't get to full-fledged support it?
    One stupid fine doesn't mean there should be a second stupid fine.

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think he should be fined. But he 100% deserves all the backlash coming his way.

vCash
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think he should be fined. But he 100% deserves all the backlash coming his way.
    I'm sure he's utterly devastated by a bunch of rednecks telling him he sucks at football and how he should leave America if he doesn't like it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HR View Post
    I'm sure he's utterly devastated by a bunch of rednecks telling him he sucks at football and how he should leave America if he doesn't like it.
    He probably got some death threats too.

Still My Champ
    Thanks, surrender.

Beat the Devil out of it Leper Messiah's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what I've seen, Colin is accepting the criticism and understands the backlash he'll get from doing this.

That's kind of the irony, Colin is being more civilized than those that are offended.

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't like it because I have family members who are military....so personally I'd like to see LT come out of retirement and put some Joe Thiesmann on him.

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe he'll protest income inequality next and return his undeserved paycheck...

Fat chance of that happening.

That's like saying white people cant support #BLM or straight people can't support gay rights.
    To be blunt, I have no respect whatsoever for BLM. They advocate based on false narratives and are intellectually dishonest.
    Last edited by The Real LT; 08-30-2016 at 03:26 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is red neck an acceptable term? That's why the word racism makes no sense.

Kaeps biological mom weighed in on this topic, as well. She wasn't pleased, but Kaep doesn't care. He never wants to meet her anyways. I'm not sure the backstory of their relationship, but supposedly she's tried reaching out to him several times and he's refused to meet her. Not sure if she's only trying because he's rich now, but still. Defend his freedom to protest however you want, but it's a disrespectful act. Not just to veterans. To Americans all over. To his teammates, as well. I'm sure he's going to have some with military family. Just shameful.

Beat the Devil out of it Leper Messiah's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a little confused how the national anthem represents just the military. It's not referred to as the military anthem, but as the national anthem, the anthem of the a country, and it's citizens, government, and military, but I only see the outrage over "it's offensive to the military". Just a thought.

vCash
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Leper Messiah View Post
    I'm a little confused how the national anthem represents just the military. It's not referred to as the military anthem, but as the national anthem, the anthem of the a country, and it's citizens, government, and military, but I only see the outrage over "it's offensive to the military". Just a thought.
    I'm Canadian so I don't understand this. Please someone explain this.

How does the anthem and the flag = the military?

vCash
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Leper Messiah View Post
    Because the military are unquestionable in their heroism and mythological ideals, so they are an easy reference for unintelligent patriots whenever anyone criticises something about America - even if said person is making a perfectly valid and reasonable complaint about something that everyone civilised would agree is unacceptable, and directly clashes with the values that America would like to pride itself on like freedom and equality.

vCash
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Guy View Post
    Why is red neck an acceptable term? That's why the word racism makes no sense.
    Because it has no history of oppression behind it. "Redneck" has never been used in the same power context as the N word.
    Kaeps biological mom weighed in on this topic, as well. She wasn't pleased, but Kaep doesn't care. He never wants to meet her anyways. I'm not sure the backstory of their relationship, but supposedly she's tried reaching out to him several times and he's refused to meet her. Not sure if she's only trying because he's rich now, but still. Defend his freedom to protest however you want, but it's a disrespectful act. Not just to veterans. To Americans all over. To his teammates, as well. I'm sure he's going to have some with military family. Just shameful.
    Not sure why anyone gives a flying fuck what she would think.

vCash
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why would anyone would sign up for the military and/or police forces? They get unappreciated often, often ridiculed, killed if not damaged physically/mentally and some bad apples make the whole group look bad as an end result. I mean god bless the good souls who do their job properly if not well and above but I just don't get the appeal of these positions.

I just don't know why people would signup for these positions. Benefits I guess? But I do think there will be a time where there will be a lack of people signing up for the police and military due to the farcry and I wonder what the reaction will be then because I just don't see the upside in signing up for one of these positions. I mean sure its this vs unemployment, absolutely but that might be the only reason one would look to do this as a full time gig here in 2016.

Its a lose/lose position for these jobs, I don't get the appeal maybe someone can explain it to me?

Currently Playing:

Thread Information