Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prem Chat

vCash
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Prem Chat

Mourinho has now lost 16 of his past 34 matches (after losing 16 of the previous 111) and lost three in a row for the first time in ten years. Has the magic gone? It's still very early but I think you have to be a little bit concerned about the apparent lack of plans, he already just seems to be throwing darts and hoping that he'll fluke a bullseye.

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

United, please take back Januzaj. He is utter dog shite.

vCash
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With Leicester having lost 3 of its first 6 games, are they done, were they a one hit wonder

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, again I stress, United take back Januzaj.

1 point after 6 games? Jesus today's game sucked huge donkey dick, like badly. How the fuck can you give away a 2-goal lead? Do we blame Moyes, that's the easy thing to do but the player's can't get off free either.

We're going down this season, being made more painful when the mag bastards pass us on the way up.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nazzer View Post
    With Leicester having lost 3 of its first 6 games, are they done, were they a one hit wonder
    I think that was a given before the season even started. I think anyone expecting better than a finish somewhere in the 5-10 range was kidding themselves.

They had an exceptional season that also saw Chelsea and Manchester City shit the bed. Arsenal didn't have the best year last season and still managed to finish 2nd. Last season was an anomaly.

They also lost Kante who was a big part of their attack last season. They'll be lucky if they challenge for Champions League again this year.

The Canadian Death Tour
    A very Canadian wrestling story by RT.
    Catch up now and stay tuned for "The Commonwealth Championship," coming soon.

vCash
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The most worrying thing for Leicester in my view is just how porous their defence has been. It was always unlikely that Mahrez and Vardy would replicate their prolific streak, but given there were no changes in the back four I expected them to hold fairly tight. Goals from corners like they were conceding against United is just one thing you wouldn't be accounting for given their strength with Huth and Morgan. I think Ranieri really has to go to a three man midfield and solidify things - the 4-4-2 is nice and was such a big success last season but without Kante they are proving to be far too exposed, conceding four goals in three straight games.

vCash
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I"m watching the last half hour of the Leicester / Porto game and they don't seem like they belong. I mean shouldn't the Top team from the 2nd best league be able to do better than this against Porto?

vCash
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nazzer View Post
    I"m watching the last half hour of the Leicester / Porto game and they don't seem like they belong. I mean shouldn't the Top team from the 2nd best league be able to do better than this against Porto?
    They're two wins from two and looking good to get out of the group at their first attempt. It took Man City three seasons to do that.

Looking at them as the "best team in England" is an anomaly as last season was so unbelievable, and only a handful of their players have played in European competition before. From any perspective they are doing fantastically well.

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- Kirchoff
    - Januzaj
    - Borini
    - Cattermole
    - Anichebe
    - Pickford
    - Pienaar
    - Rodwell (well, he is a walking sick note)

Our current injured list is sublimely banterific.

/life.

vCash
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fairly astonishing results from last night, underlining just how poor the quality of defending in the league is these days. 29 goals in 6 games. Obviously the most noteworthy was Leicester turning over Man City, something which I don't think anyone would have seen coming given Leicester's form as of late - but they took advantage of City's abject defending and truly awful tactical structure. Guardiola had an absolute nightmare, compounding his side's loss of strength through suspension by trying to force square pegs in to round holes - it seems like all the changes he's made (more than any other manager in the league this season) has completely confused most of his players who have no idea what they are supposed to be doing.

Just because there are a few managers who have found some success with a back-3 doesn't mean it is a magic bullet, and it certainly isn't when you have players at your disposal like Stones, Kolarov and Sagna. I think they'll have to try and invest (once again) in the January transfer window to try and shore up the backline. Kompany is simply too unreliable, Stones needs someone with more experience and strength alongside him, Otamendi is too impulsive, and the aforementioned Kolarov and Sagna are just not central defenders.

vCash
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Wayne Rooney to China, eh? Thoughts?

Nothing official yet but it's looking like it could happen. I think two things:

1) Rooney should take it and get his pay day. He could play for a year and be set for life (not that he isn't already but you know what I mean $$$)
    2) Rooney doesn't owe the fans anything. Why stay at Old Trafford and watch his career dwindle to nothing from the bench?

Just my two cents.

The Canadian Death Tour

Simon Champion!
    vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Froggy and/or Tenks still lurk around here right?

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leicester City have tonight SACKED title winning manager Claudio Ranieri.

PW Tag Team Champion!! HilaryFan's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moments like this is why I don't really watch football anymore. It's a heartless, soulless game

( ?_?) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

Currently Playing: Suikoden 1, Max Payne 1, Beyond Good and Evil, MGS Peace Walker

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HilaryFan View Post
    Moments like this is why I don't really watch football anymore. It's a heartless, soulless game
    It's such a shame, he was a genuine guy. Admittedly his league form this season hasn't been up to scratch, lost the last 5 league games in a row. However, how much is down to the player? Not many managers have lasted long since winning the PL lately.

Mourinho was sacked
    Pelligrini was replace
    Ferguson retired
    Mancini was sacked
    Anchotti was sacked

Football managment, such a funny business.

vCash
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's obviously sad but I think it was a move that they had to make, Leicester haven't just been bad recently, they've been absolutely diabolical, and with others around them like Swansea and Hull improving under their new managers, are now more than a legitimate candidate for relegation.

It would have been nice from a sentimental perspective for him to have at least got see the Champions League campaign through, as they're still vaguely in with a chance in the second leg against Sevilla, but that home league game against Hull before hand is a massive fixture, and then there's back to back home games against Stoke and Sunderland which they really need to get some points from, so you can understand the rationale of making a change now having not scored in the league this calendar year.

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, they'll beat us

vCash
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arsenal just got whooped 10-2 on aggregate over Bayern Munich.

Fans are calling for Arsene Wenger to be fired. You think this may happen?

Still My Champ
    Thanks, surrender.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah. They'll give him an extension and he'll retire a Gunner in a few years.

If the team isn't already in "rebuild and scout Arsene's replacement," mode, they will be come summer. They probably won't have a choice.

Alexis is gone (he was laughing on the bench after Bayern's 5th), Cazorla is gone, not sure what Ozil will want/do because I don't know his contract details (he seems indifferent at best though), Cech is old...yeah, time to get serious about filling the obvious gaps and focusing on being a contender in a few years and not next year.

The Canadian Death Tour

Thread Information