Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: First I'm gonna make a Fan Fic GD thread, then I'm gonna #BeatUpJohnCena

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default First I'm gonna make a Fan Fic GD thread, then I'm gonna #BeatUpJohnCena

For all your GD needs. Also, sign up for PW SummerSlam.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: First I'm gonna make a Fan Fic GD thread, then I'm gonna #BeatUpJohnCena

So I am seriously contemplating going on a huge adventure next year, going overseas for the first time. I am thinking the States, Canada and maybe England. I'd be going for a couple of months, maybe I haven't really got the whole thing planned out yet. Only got the idea over the past few days. My grandfather is very sick, he's in the hospital and might not make it through next week. It made me think, here is a man who has done so much with his life, yet I haven't even bothered exploring the world yet and I'm nearing close to 40. I know it sounds cliche in every way, but I don't want to have regrets one day. So if everything goes well I may end up in the vicinity of some of my fellow Fan Ficer's around this time next year!
    Thanks to Rad for the awesome banner!

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: First I'm gonna make a Fan Fic GD thread, then I'm gonna #BeatUpJohnCena

Sorry to hear about your grandfather, Mike. Hopefully he's not in too much pain.

Good luck with the trip. If you need advice or tips on Canadian cities let me know. I've lived in 4 provinces and traveled a good chunk of the country.

I <3 JESUS

vCash
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is some advice on America. Go to the Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Missouri, Kansas region and never leave. You won't regret it. I've traveled the world and never found a place that I love more. I'm 31 and already planning my retirement just west of Kansas City on the Kansas side.

If you must visit somewhere else... Avoid California at all costs. It is the worst place I've ever visited and a whole different country of its own. A really terrible one at that.
    Follower of Christ.

vCash
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh man, I'm on the flip side. Grew up in the Midwest and glad to be gone. Bible Belt country does nothing for me, and there's this hanging racism I can't stand.

Jeff may live in a wonderful place where these don't apply, but that's the viewpoint of a man who spent 28 years (give or take a few months) that lived in Missouri.

[π: WWPID?] ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I <3 JESUS

vCash
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hear people from this area say that from time to time but 28 years living here and I've only experienced racism three or four times. Does it exist? Probably. It's just not what it was 30-40 years ago. We've come a long way here.
    Follower of Christ.

vCash
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    I hear people from this area say that from time to time but 28 years living here and I've only experienced racism three or four times. Does it exist? Probably. It's just not what it was 30-40 years ago. We've come a long way here.
    STL is without question one of the most racist cities I've ever lived in (or visited).

You're a white guy: you're not going to experience racism as often as a black person.

I <3 JESUS

vCash
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course not. And by experience I just mean see it, hear it, or know of it. We are a pretty small community compared to St. Louis though. But I've probably seen maybe one instance of racism in like five years. And that's including stories of it. I know it exists. I just think even the racists know how backwards it is to be that way and hate people privately now instead of openly.

Before the last presidential election someone posted that the South was still really racist. I'm still shocked by that. Maybe I don't get out enough or something. I just don't see it. But like you said...
    Follower of Christ.

vCash
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a lot of black friends and I unfortunately hear about it a lot. I also hear it pretty openly from white people though, so who knows.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My outsider's view of the southern United States is this: if you compare how racist they are now to how racist they were, you should feel proud. But if you compare them to the rest of the country, you should be disappointed.

But I'm a liberal, white Canadian that lives in the second-most racist province in the country, and has barely stepped foot in the southern U.S. so I'm probably way off base.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where are you located now KJ?

Thanks for the tips guys! Really appreciate it... I want to get in as much of the states as I can, I wanna check out California and I really wanna check out New York, I've got a friend in Minnesota I will be going to see though... what about great places in Canada RT? WMS, Will etc. What about the UK?

Thanks for the support RT, at the moment my grandfather isn't going anywhere but it could change any day, he is not looking too good at all. Running a heap of tests tomorrow to see exactly what is going on because he is losing blood and having other symptoms pop up in the last day or so.
    Thanks to Rad for the awesome banner!

vCash
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Racism is a pretty big thing around here for sure. I've come to the conclusion that folks around here view black people like they are monsters, there is a deep rooted fear and jealousy as if they are a superior race or something. White people are legitimately scared of black people around here. I'll never understand it. I remember when I was covering the high school football team for the newspaper I was talking to one of the parents about the team losing it's first few games, this guy came out and said that they were losing games because they didn't have enough black kids on the team. It's like, WHAT?!?!?

I grew up on the outer fringes of ghettos, riding the same school buses, shopping at the same food stamp grocery stores(Sav-U-More!), washing our clothes at the same run down laundry mats, going to the same medicare clinics, having black girlfriends, playing basketball and football at the playground, getting into fights, I've always seen black people as the same as us. I'll never forget when I ran into one of my old high school buddies from around here when I told him about my little MMA run, he got real quiet, looked around as if he were checking to see if there were any black folks around, then he asked me almost whispering, "did you ever fight any n******?" Of all the things to ask somebody about, that was the first thing he could think about. So weird to me. Also a few years back I ran into a contractor that I work for while he was washing his truck at the carwash. A group of black guys came walking across the parking lot minding their own business not even looking our way and this guy reached under his seat and pulled out a gun, like he was legitimately scared for his life. It was disgusting. I have no respect for a grown man that doesn't have a backbone or a ball sack. I'll die fighting five motherfuckers with my bare hands before I ever pull a gun out. Fuck guns. Everybody around here lives and dies by them, it's another one of those culture things around here that I just don't care for.

But, with that said it is absolutely beautiful around here. It's like I live in a Bob Ross painting. Everyday I find myself stopping and just soaking in the scenery, driving down country roads, building houses out in the middle of huge open pastures, stopping and standing at the top ridge of a roof and feeling the wind on my face. Arkansas is also absolutely breathtaking, always pictured inbred hillbillies and trailer parks when I thought of Arkansas but when I was fighting I fought in every major city in the state, from Texarkana to Little Rock to Jonesboro to Ft. Smith to Hope, Hot Springs, Fayetteville. It really is such a gorgeous place, some truly great outdoors spots if that is your thing.
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 07-17-2016 at 10:20 AM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Solid Mike View Post
    Where are you located now KJ?

Thanks for the tips guys! Really appreciate it... I want to get in as much of the states as I can, I wanna check out California and I really wanna check out New York, I've got a friend in Minnesota I will be going to see though... what about great places in Canada RT? WMS, Will etc. What about the UK?

Thanks for the support RT, at the moment my grandfather isn't going anywhere but it could change any day, he is not looking too good at all. Running a heap of tests tomorrow to see exactly what is going on because he is losing blood and having other symptoms pop up in the last day or so.

For the UK, I highly recommend London, Edinburgh and Cardiff. Especially the latter two, they're my two favourites cities in Britain. London, you have to see it really. There's so much to do there, highly recommend Camden if you are in London, it's a vibrant and diverse place that you just have to experience. Try Dublin if you can, I know it's not classed as the UK, but still. I'm going there next March for the first time. I've heard good things about Belfast - if PB reads this he can sell it properly to you.

But in short, definitely London, Edinburgh and Cardiff. That way you're also seeing three different countries - England, Scotland and Wales.

Cool that you're thinking of traveling though, man. Nothing makes me happier than being on my travels. It's so enlightening - and I haven't even been outside of Europe yet!

I hope your grandad feels better in himself soon Mike, you're in my thoughts.
    Man of the world.

Layne is my Green Star Holzhammer's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have an irrational interest in Alabama. I can't explain when it started or why. I'll never go there, because I don't doubt that I have a really, really, really heavily fantasised image of it in my mind and going there would shatter it. I prefer living in the fantasy and will stick to mainly just reading books by Alabama authors and butchering the accent in my head.

vCash
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I live in Cincinnati, Ohio, now. Only been here for a few months and with a 10-month-old, it's not like me and the missus have been hitting the town.

Before this I was in NYC for a year. Cool experience, but definitely a place to visit, not live.

≡≡≡≡|≡≡≡≡

vCash
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Jericho View Post
    Oh man, I'm on the flip side. Grew up in the Midwest and glad to be gone.
    But you're back in the Midwest now.

With half my family being from the southeastern corner of Kansas, the other half being from New England (and wintering in Florida)... being from the greater DC metro area myself... relocating to Western PA, and with nuclear family members relocating to southern CA, Minnesota, and Colorado... I feel like I've had enough of a sampling exposure to the different parts of the country to know that everywhere has its unique set of pros and cons, and the common denominator is that people in general suck (or at least seem to suck) unless they're of like mind-vibes as you.

It's all about the individuals, IMO.

EDIT: KJ, I'd be interested in hearing your experience with racism in the North. In my experience, my New England family and their friends (and also based on my experiences living in Boston) were far more racist than my Midwest family. Even more out and vocal about it. Despite also being out and vocal about being Democrats (while the Kansas-based family was Republican).
    : 04/02/11}:forever&always
    ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
    http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=121686

vCash
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still don't consider Ohio Midwest.

I <3 JESUS

vCash
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I talked to my wife a little today about racism and she has the same sentiments as me. We are certain there are still people out there who are racist but never do we encounter them publicly. Like I said, around here, even the racists know that they hate people blindly and know how backwards it is. I would imagine that if someone was doing something racist in public that the general population would put them in their place. But then again the city I live in is downright amazing.
    Follower of Christ.

vCash
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I respectfully disagree with your entire sentiment. I think there are tons of racist actions that aren't as overt as calling someone the n-bomb.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So who's going to watch the WWE draft, he says, awkwardly changing the subject.

I'm selling out and watching it. I'm not a fan of how it's been handled so far but I'm remaining optimistic until the Rumble because I said I would. I'm still interested for now and there should be some good TV this week...hopefully.

vCash
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How's your night? Mine's going well ... Just having a beer and burger with PI in Pittsburgh.

vCash
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PI and I were supposed to celebrate the 2016 Stanley Cup champions.

I <3 JESUS

vCash
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still regret not meeting up with PI when he was here local for work.

So I haven't had cable in like 7 years. But I want to see Raw/Smackdown this week pretty bad. Found out SLING TV offers 7 days free to new customers (you have to select the $25 package to get USA) and I signed up for nothing more than to watch WWE the next two nights. After that, I'll likely just go back to watching the condensed versions on HULU again. IDK, though. Pretty cool to have all these channels again.
    Follower of Christ.

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Jericho View Post
    I still don't consider Ohio Midwest.
    Kind of a mix of everything, really. Too far east to be considered Midwest by you or others, too far east to be considered a Central US state but not quite east enough to be considered eastern. That all being said, we have much more in common culturally with states like Wisconsin, Missouri, Illinois, etc. than we do with New York, Pennsylvania, or anywhere else in New England. Also, since we're on the subject, and not sure if you've noticed it yet, but welcome to the most passive-aggressively racist state in the Union.

It's not quite your "hellfire and brimstone" or "aged wine" racism like the South has, more like "under your breath, discreetly look around to see if anyone's listening and then say it in the most casual ways imaginable" kind of racism.

WCW - A Wrestling Wiki \\ WWE - Smackdown vs. Raw (w/The Dazz)
    "If Shakespeare was alive today he would be writing wrestling shows." - Chris Jericho

vCash
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watch Raw on Sling TV too.

Man, hanging with PI tonight was a blast. We shot the shit about work, family life, my kid ... And then got down to business doing our own WWE Draft using the rules as they are laid out. I did SD! and he did Raw. I'll post results tomorrow.

Also, we sat outside my hotel for probably an hour spitballing about a fed idea I had. He can chime in, but I think it was one of the coolest ideas I've had in awhile. It's revisionist history and a totally different approach to what actually happened.

Thread Information