Thread: Pokemon Go

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Pokemon Go

Quote Originally Posted by African Mike
    I love it when Greg gets angry, it's like watching a Furbie going ape shit at some stupid kid

Fo fo fo fo... for life patrick94's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
    I have a Xiaomi Redmi 2. It's about nine months old but it's not a powerful phone. Only 1GB of RAM. Pokemon Go freezes and crashes quite frequently but I attribute that to server issues more than the phone itself. I believe the game does lag on my phone, though, as evidenced by the Pokeball throwing mechanics, which isn't a big deal.
    Oh okay. The Redmi 2 Pro is actually one of the phones I'm considering. I think it's pretty much identical to your phone except it has 2 gigs of Ram and 16 gigs internal memory. By your comments I'm guessing the performance issues aren't really that big of a deal? I'm not really fussy about that, as long as it isn't constantly freezing or anything and runs relatively smoothly
    "Pro wrestling is the greatest sport in the world"- Shinsuke Nakamura.

Asteroids Champion! Breakout Champion!
    vCash
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I did a bit of research into my data usage and it is not really that much. I got concerned because I am used to spending 2 or 3 in a month with my very infrequent phone use. With Pokemon Go I'm spending the same amount or a bit more in a week. It's not really much at all, just a lot more than I'm used to spending so I got worried. But I am going to dedicate less time to it than I have been doing.

Quote Originally Posted by patrick94 View Post
    Oh okay. The Redmi 2 Pro is actually one of the phones I'm considering. I think it's pretty much identical to your phone except it has 2 gigs of Ram and 16 gigs internal memory. By your comments I'm guessing the performance issues aren't really that big of a deal? I'm not really fussy about that, as long as it isn't constantly freezing or anything and runs relatively smoothly
    Yeah with a Redmi 2 Pro running the game shouldn't be a problem at all. But as I said before, Pokemon Go players (particularly those who don't use their google account) are slaves to the servers at the moment. I've had days where I can't log it at all, days where it behaves perfectly, and days with various freezes and glitches. These problems will get ironed out over time.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BTW Emperor, and I know I'm going a bit off-topic here, but how exactly do Xiaomi's OS updates work? I read up a bit on it, and am I right in saying that the "MIUI" updates are tied to the OS updates? From what I can gather each MIUI update infact updates the phone's OS. It's not very clear from all the articles I've read

vCash
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't know the details. I just update my phone when it tells me to. I've generally ignored all the MI/MIUI stuff.

vCash
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm back, baby!

Finally after being out of commision, I finally have my phone in working order so I've made it a mission to get back into Pokemon Go.

My first point of order was to check out the closest PokeStops to me. As it turns out, they're bit of a pain really. Just far enough where walking to them regularly isn't feasible and also spread apart just enough where getting to each one is a pain.

So to set the scene...

From the set of traffic lights, there's PokeStops north, east and west. However, none of them cross-over so you've got to walk to each one and some of them are in awkward places. For instance, the north PokeStop is actually a Kids Play Area that's right at the back of the local tavern. The best way of accessing it is either walking through a bunch of restraunts or standing right at the entrance of the car-park. Either way, you look like a massive tool.

The eastern Poke-Stop is the local museum which I believe also doubles as somebody's property. They have a carpark that's usually barren, and to access the Stop consistently you have to be standing right centre in the middle of it.

The western is a post office which is mostly fine. The biggest issue is there's a pre-school and school right behind it, so if you flash your phone you look really suss.

If you're really desperate, you can continue walking west, turn down the street and access a PokeStop at the local park. I considered setting up base-camp there, maybe go for a picnic or do some paper work there but they've set it up right at the entrance and there's no benches or anything near it. I believe it's intended basically as a way for you to park your car there and go.

There is zero near the office, and the closest place is this shopping centre I rarely go to.

I'm considering taking a lazy afternoon and just doing some paper-work over at a food court or spending an afternoon finding a spot in the city and just stocking up with goodies there but it's just finding the time for it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I was in London this past weekend and did a bit of Pokemon Go. Turns out that a new city, and a capital city at that, isn't much different from my hometown. I figured a different location would allow me to catch some new Pokemon, and I did grab a couple, but it seems level is more important to finding rarer Pokemon than location.

Today I did a bit more adventuring. There are two parks near me. On my very first Pokemon Go expedition, I went to the further away one which was full of PokeStops and goodies. Today I went to the other park because it's closer and it was raining a little. Turns out that this park is practically empty. Three PokeStops spread far apart and very few Pokemon to find. The rain got worse so I went home. But I caught a Rhyhorn and hatched an Ekans so it wasn't all bad.

Is the Pokemon tracker acting funny for anyone else? All I see these days is three footprints, and Pokemon just appear at random, usually a Pokemon not visible on the tracker.

Yang Xiao Long fangirl Mistress's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I was waiting for my caseworker about my medicaid, I discovered the building I was in is a pokestop. So for 2 hours I was collecting pokeballs in between watching YouTube videos and anime.

Thank you Surrender!!!
    Voted Co-Most Underrated Nerdery Poster of 2014 (With Raven*)
    If prowrestling were fake, it would make every fan in the history of the sport a complete & utter moron - Monty Burns

Space Invaders Champion! Hexxagon Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2

vCash
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is the Pokemon tracker acting funny for anyone else? All I see these days is three footprints, and Pokemon just appear at random, usually a Pokemon not visible on the tracker.
    I've been having that problem too. I figured it was just me.
    If all of mankind minus one were of of one opinion, and only one person of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
    -John Stuart Mill

vCash
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was literally just about to post that

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Slug View Post
    I've been having that problem too. I figured it was just me.
    It's a bug that started on the 15th of July.

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I caught a horsea today.
    Soon as it gets dark here.. Zubats from breakfast to asshole

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate Pokemon Go, but only because it shares servers with the TGO.

Could not log in yesterday for hours.

Credit to BezerroBizarro from DeviantArt and Lony for Resisizing!
    http://bezerrobizarro.deviantart.com...oshi-163705876
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
    0 days since a Cena fight. C'mon guys we need to at least get it up to two.
    http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=123457 THE KID VS DOSE MATCH IS ON!!!!

vCash
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too. Many. Fucking. Drowzees.

Thank you Surrender!!!
    If prowrestling were fake, it would make every fan in the history of the sport a complete & utter moron - Monty Burns

Space Invaders Champion! Hexxagon Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2

vCash
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress View Post
    Send them here. I haven't seen one yet.
    If all of mankind minus one were of of one opinion, and only one person of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
    -John Stuart Mill

vCash
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My city is full of Drowzees. Far more common than anything else. Even Pidgeys and Rattatas. I'd send you some but I tend to trade them all in. My three highest level Pokemon are Hypnos

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress View Post
    Never seen one. we get the rat, bat and pigeon bustards.
    I can probably donate a zubats or two.
    I

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got to Level 20 on Thursday. Will get to 21 by Tuesday. I've got a few evolutions I'm putting off till then.

PokeVision.com is a GOD SEND! Managed to track down several Charmander a few days ago using it. Missed out on a wild Dragonite by 2 minutes unfortunately last Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by iNCY View Post
    I caught a horsea today.
    Soon as it gets dark here.. Zubats from breakfast to asshole
    Zubats day and night here.

I need to go to Sydney and catch some Electabuzzes from the Botanical Gardens. They're rare here.

Any fellow Aussies catch any Kangaskahn yet? Any Americans catch Tauros? Europeans catch Mr Mime?

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post

Any fellow Aussies catch any Kangaskahn yet? Any Americans catch Tauros? Europeans catch Mr Mime?
    Tauros is very common in my area. Aside from rats, pigeons, and bats my area is loaded with Onyx, Poliwags, Ducks, Squirtals, Seals, Snakes, Drowzees, Meowths, Jinx, Starfish, Eevees, Crabs, and the male/female rabbits with the horns... Also Cubones and this large Rhino looking thing suddenly appeared a couple days ago and they are everywhere now. Opened my first 10km egg the other day and got a Vapras.

This game has sucked me in. I have little to no interest in pokemon but after taking the kids out to the play the game I got sucked in. I dont see it lasting for me at least. I think i went all day yesterday for the first time in weeks without opening the game.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My daughter has caught two Electabuzz this week and I haven't seen any. Not sure how she's doing it.

She also nabbed a Gastly while I was driving yesterday. I pulled over to try and get one but it wouldn't spawn for me.

I caught an Aerodactyl at work though and she doesn't have that yet so HA!

vCash
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I finally got a pair of Eeveesbut again caught 4 more drozeew last night. I evolved my Gastly finally.

Thank you Surrender!!!

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just started this today and I'm surprised at how many Pokestops and Gyms there are in my neighbourhood. There's a Pokestop on almost every block (it helps to live in an area with lots of churches lol ) and quite a few gyms within walking distance. I walked around for about an hour this morning and caught a few Pokemon including Flareon, Geodude, Ponyta, Growlithe, Ekans, Arbok and a few more i can't think of right now. I haven't found a single Zubat, Rattata or Pidgey yet though. Don't know if I should be glad about that or not. I can see myself spending a lot of time on this one

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently Ekans and Zubat are everywhere in my city but I haven't found either yet. Caught 3 Pikachus this week though.

A friend of mine told me she has a friend in Alberta that can't find Ponyta anywhere. They're everywhere here.

Saskatoon has a nice riverfront with lots of statues and what not and every one is a Pokestop. Last night we walked along the river and almost every stop had a lure on it. Apparently that's common here. There were tons of people out. We had a blast and made some new friends.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want a Pikachu, Growlithe and Ponyta but I haven't even seen any....

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

Thread Information