Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Go

vCash
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Pokemon Go

Zubats and Geodudes. If you're lucky maybe a Clefairy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tried this today, game legit crashed numerous times. Crazy, I thought I caught a Charmander but I don't see it anywhere on my team or in my possession. As I was catching a Zubat, game crashed.

What the hell?

Currently Playing:
    Wipeout Omega Collection(PS4), Rocket League(PS4)

vCash
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindy View Post
    Tried this today, game legit crashed numerous times. Crazy, I thought I caught a Charmander but I don't see it anywhere on my team or in my possession. As I was catching a Zubat, game crashed.

What the hell?
    The game is glitchy on flip phones.

Asteroids Champion! Breakout Champion!
    vCash
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It froze on my phone a bunch of times, but that's not surprising, because I have a cheap and not-very-powerful smartphone. Snapchat crashes pretty frequently, so it doesn't shock me that Pokemon Go does the same. But it's hardly crashing all the time. Only when it loses GPS signal, which doesn't really happen except when I lock the screen and unlock it again.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There have already been a lot of news reports on the game, some real and others false. One about it causing a massive accident as some dude jumped out of his car on the highway to catch a Pokemon(false) and others that people are posting locations of Pokemon to set you up to rob you(true). They're posting locations and mugging the people coming to get them.
    I liked Pokemon growing up. But I do agree that much like Ingress, it's going to cause problems and zombify players. Unlike Ingress, it caters to a younger audience that people will be more agressive toward. You have 3 teens all milling around some guys front lawn who has no clue about this game and hates kids, and I forsee some problems. Just make sure your kids are being safe if they play. People are crazy.
    -The Undertaker: It will always be his Yard
    -NXT gives me HOPE for the Future
    -KCCO
    ---θ---
    Currently playing:
    PS4: Fallout 4, The Division, Doom, Assassin's Creed: Syndicate, Life is Strange, Uncharted 4
    Mobile: Tapped Out, Forge of Empires, WWE Champions
    IGN for every Game I play and PSN: Stefulson
    Feel free to add me.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I caught a Jigglypuff!!

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by milopo View Post
    I'm going hiking this weekend and I'm so excited about what Pokemon i'll find there!!!!!!
    Dont look forward to catching anything. Rural areas have close to nothing. By me I have a river in the woods behind my house. I figured perfect spot for water pokes. Nope. Zero pokemon whatsoever. Basically the way the game works is pokemon spawn by spots of moderate to great cellular activity. If you go somewhere, the woods for a hike, that doesnt get a lot of cellular activity you get no pokemon. It really sucks for people not in cities/urban areas. Small towns get shafted as well.

Niantic basically took their game Ingress and used its map for pokemon spawning, pokestops and gyms. Pull up that map and you can see where to find everything.

“I am not threatened by any man whose name is three letters.”

- Damien Sandow
    in response to RVD's return

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like to go one day without hearing about someone doing something stupid to capture a fucking Pokemon, so far the cream of the crop was a man drove headlong into a tree (luckily walking away with minor injures) and a girl crossed a highway (more substantial injuries, but still not too serious). For once, video games ARE actually dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Dynamite
    Sometimes a terrible idea is the best idea you got, and one thing I've learned, is always go with the best idea you got.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Philadelphia Zoo was chock full of Pokemon.
    -The Undertaker: It will always be his Yard
    -NXT gives me HOPE for the Future
    -KCCO
    ---θ---
    Currently playing:
    PS4: Fallout 4, The Division, Doom, Assassin's Creed: Syndicate, Life is Strange, Uncharted 4
    Mobile: Tapped Out, Forge of Empires, WWE Champions
    IGN for every Game I play and PSN: Stefulson
    Feel free to add me.

vCash
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Vaporeon spawned in Central Park. Dozens, if not hundreds, of people showed up. Videos and more words below.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...-central-park/

With all these crazy stories popping up, I'm beginning to think that the cons of Pokemon Go far outweigh the pros. People killing themselves to catch Pokemon, the ability to generate massive crowds at any location, the app having access to a lot of shit. It's scary in a lot of ways.

Also, how did so many people find out about that Vaporeon? Surely you can only see that wild Pokemon if you very physically close. Is it just people posting this shit on social media?

Yang Xiao Long fangirl Mistress's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
    Vaporeon spawned in Central Park. Dozens, if not hundreds, of people showed up. Videos and more words below.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...-central-park/

With all these crazy stories popping up, I'm beginning to think that the cons of Pokemon Go far outweigh the pros. People killing themselves to catch Pokemon, the ability to generate massive crowds at any location, the app having access to a lot of shit. It's scary in a lot of ways.

Also, how did so many people find out about that Vaporeon? Surely you can only see that wild Pokemon if you very physically close. Is it just people posting this shit on social media?
    Social media. It has to be.

I, for one, post pokestops and gyms on my Facebook for my friends.

People just need to stop being idiots with this game. Given the numerous dead bodies being discovered lately, I'm OK with the trend continuing. Many families are getting closure now.
    --

Also, I discovered you can actually request certain places to be turned into gyms or pokestops
    Last edited by Mistress; 07-16-2016 at 08:41 PM.

Thank you Surrender!!!
    Voted Co-Most Underrated Nerdery Poster of 2014 (With Raven*)
    If prowrestling were fake, it would make every fan in the history of the sport a complete & utter moron - Monty Burns

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This dude's taking Pokemon to the next level:

Quote Originally Posted by Black Dynamite
    Sometimes a terrible idea is the best idea you got, and one thing I've learned, is always go with the best idea you got.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm on level 16, almost 17. I've been winning some Gyms for Team Instinct, but there's so much competition that you can't hold them long unless you just play all day.

My team right now:

Spoiler

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hatched my first egg tonight. Porygon, bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by African Mike
    I love it when Greg gets angry, it's like watching a Furbie going ape shit at some stupid kid

vCash
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Very nice! My first egg was a Grimer. I also got a Paras and some common Pokemon from other eggs.

The Pokemon tracker doesn't seem to be working right now, which is kinda annoying, because I was just walking around town yesterday waiting for Pokemon to pop up, and it was the same old Pokemon. Then I hit 11 and got a few new ones: Staryu, Kabuto and Eevee which wasn't so bad.

vCash
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doing it tough for cash right now, so my Pokemon GO has essentially been restricted to me checking out which monsters are around my sole internet connection. Once I pay off the bills on my phone, I imagine I'm going to hit up every Pokemon Stop in Brisbane.

I've been watching a ton of Pokemon Go related videos on YouTube as of late. It started with Commander Holly's channel and Ross' excursion to the Santa Monica pier and has really picked up since. It's introduced me to a bunch of gamers from the Minecraft (Lachlan) and Call of Duty (AliA) community. They're obviously pandering to a younger community so I feel somewhat old watching their vids but their enthusiasm for the app is really rubbing off on me. Lachlan in particular has been somewhat fun to watch since he actually used Pokemon Go as an excuse to take a quick trip over to New Zealand. It's fun escapism and since he lives in my town, it's easy to relate to.

Can't wait to get amongst it. In the mean time, I guess I'll have to settle for the infinitely superior Nintendo 3DS games.

Fo fo fo fo... for life patrick94's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It froze on my phone a bunch of times, but that's not surprising, because I have a cheap and not-very-powerful smartphone. Snapchat crashes pretty frequently, so it doesn't shock me that Pokemon Go does the same. But it's hardly crashing all the time. Only when it loses GPS signal, which doesn't really happen except when I lock the screen and unlock it again.
    What phone do you have? I have a Huawei Y300 that's close to 3 years old now and doesn't have a chance of playing this game, so I've been looking around for some decently-priced mid-range phones that would be able to handle it well. I don't really use my phone to do any serious gaming, but it would help if I had an idea of what kind of specs I'd need. I know you at least need KitKat, and 2 gb of RAM (although my sister has an S4 mini, which has 1.5 gb of RAM and the game runs fine, and I've heard about people with phones that have 1 gb of RAM that the game runs on as well). I'm basically trying to avoid spending more than I have to
    "Pro wrestling is the greatest sport in the world"- Shinsuke Nakamura.

vCash
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm officially done with this game.

I had a Eevee evolution(the blue one that starts with a V) and I got him up to a level 1569, and put him in a gym, like I've done tons on times. THe moment I put him in a gym, I had an egg show the "Oh" screen, and it froze on that. I had to restart my Game(Lost the two eggs i had hatching, which pissed me off) and I went to the shop to collect my Gym bonus, ans it didn't show one. I looked at the Gym i took over, and it was Grey, and My character disappeared.

I was pissed at first, but I figured I could email support, and show them the screenshots I had of this character as the king of gyms under my username, and they would look in the servers, see i wasn't lying, and replace him.

This was about a week ago. I have not heard anything from support, no emails, nothing. I don't mind bugs, I understand that will happen, but ignoring the problems of people who play/pay for your games, is unacceptable.

Fuck this game. I feel like I wasted money .

God help and forgive me,
    I wanna build something that’s gonna outlive me

vCash
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heard if you name an Eevee 'Sparky' it will evolve into Jolteon. My daughter is trying it.

Thank you Surrender!!!
    If prowrestling were fake, it would make every fan in the history of the sport a complete & utter moron - Monty Burns

vCash
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by patrick94 View Post
    What phone do you have? I have a Huawei Y300 that's close to 3 years old now and doesn't have a chance of playing this game, so I've been looking around for some decently-priced mid-range phones that would be able to handle it well. I don't really use my phone to do any serious gaming, but it would help if I had an idea of what kind of specs I'd need. I know you at least need KitKat, and 2 gb of RAM (although my sister has an S4 mini, which has 1.5 gb of RAM and the game runs fine, and I've heard about people with phones that have 1 gb of RAM that the game runs on as well). I'm basically trying to avoid spending more than I have to
    I have a Xiaomi Redmi 2. It's about nine months old but it's not a powerful phone. Only 1GB of RAM. Pokemon Go freezes and crashes quite frequently but I attribute that to server issues more than the phone itself. I believe the game does lag on my phone, though, as evidenced by the Pokeball throwing mechanics, which isn't a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by HawkGuy View Post
    Fuck this game. I feel like I wasted money .
    How did you spend money on the game? I'm on pay as you go and the game didn't cost much (for data) when I started playing, but over the past week it's started costing me a fair bit of money. Probably going to stop playing altogether because the data fees it incurs are unacceptable. I need to work out the figures for myself, though, because my data plan is very cheap and according to the internet Pokemon Go doesn't use that much data.

On the plus side, I hatched a CP 374 Ponyta and a CP ~250 Charmander recently.

vCash
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How did you spend money on the game?
    I thought this would be a long term game I played, So I bought pokecoins to upgrade my bag/Egg incubators.

God help and forgive me,
    I wanna build something that’s gonna outlive me

vCash
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress View Post
    Heard if you name an Eevee 'Sparky' it will evolve into Jolteon. My daughter is trying it.
    It was a nice nod to the English Dub of the first Pokemon season. Naming your Eevee "Sparky" leads to Jolteon. Pyro leads to Flareon. Rainer leads to Vapereon.

Spelling and capitalization appear to be key.

vCash
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I got a kick out of this:

Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    It was a nice nod to the English Dub of the first Pokemon season. Naming your Eevee "Sparky" leads to Jolteon. Pyro leads to Flareon. Rainer leads to Vapereon.

Spelling and capitalization appear to be key.
    What happens if you don't nickname them? Is the evolution then random? I've found two Eevees in the two weeks I've been playing so I don't see it being a concern for me for a while.

vCash
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got a kick out of this:

Spoiler

What happens if you don't nickname them? Is the evolution then random? I've found two Eevees in the two weeks I've been playing so I don't see it being a concern for me for a while.
    I would assume it is random if you don't. My daughter has 2. She named one Sparky and left the other as Eevee.

Thank you Surrender!!!

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today was a good day for me. Caught a Machop (my favorite evolutionary line), a Jynx, and a Vileplume all within an hour of eachother.

Later I took a gym:

And then I caught THIS magnificent bastard:

Thread Information