is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Fan Fic GD - In memory of Brad

Sad news, guys: http://imgur.com/lcE72eX

Just pulled that from my Facebook feed. Looks like our good friend Brad is no longer with us.

For those that knew him, he was struggling with depression and drug abuse over the last year or two. I'm assuming it's related to that, but I don't know. I asked what happened and if I hear anything I'll pass it along.

RIP Brad.

vCash
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Fan Fic GD - In memory of Brad

Holy shit.

[π: WWPID?] ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

vCash
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thoughts and prayers are with the family.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck. "stands around and hugs anyone that needs one"
    Quote Originally Posted by African Mike
    I love it when Greg gets angry, it's like watching a Furbie going ape shit at some stupid kid

vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just read that. Now sitting here at my table at pizza hut crying. What the fuck happened.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiMusashi View Post
    Just read that. Now sitting here at my table at pizza hut crying. What the fuck happened.
    That's what I want to know. He was in and out of rehab for cocaine addiction but last I heard things were going well. He was dating a girl that lives up here in Saskatoon and we were going to grab a beer next time he was up and had some time.

No idea if it's at all related to anything like that but it was a surprise to a lot of people, so it was something sudden.

I <3 JESUS

vCash
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always thought Brad was more active. He'd only posted ten times in eight years. Sadly, I didn't know him very well but my heart breaks for his family.
    Follower of Christ.

vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of my best buds. Guy had a heart of gold.

vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    I always thought Brad was more active. He'd only posted ten times in eight years. Sadly, I didn't know him very well but my heart breaks for his family.
    He was way more active around here than that. He was one of the few guys around here that had my back with the mma forum when it was first moved to wrestling section. He was one of the guys that kept that place going. I got to know him on Facebook back when my sis died, guy was just super supportive and friendly.

vCash
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ugh. This is really sad. I always liked Brad. RIP.
    surrender

First Ever PW Heavyweight Champion!

vCash
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This really sucks. I know I'm not super active any more but I still lurk and still love you guys.

s u r r e n d e r

***Take part in PW's Match of the Year 2016 Tournament in the Wide World of Wrestling**
    http://forums.prowrestling.com/showt...53#post4407453

vCash
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This has hit me really hard. I always liked Brad. I know he had his struggles, but I never in a million years imagined anything like this would happen. Rest in Power Brad, thank you for being part of our community and for being a friend. I can never recall any negative experiences with Brad, he was always a great, stand-up guy to me. I'm going to miss you mate.
    Man of the world.

vCash
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brad was always a good guy and I enjoyed all of my interactions with him, we had quite a few hockey related posts here and there together. Had no qualms or problems with the guy ever, always enjoyed what he wrote whether through the SE or through MMA. Hate to see someone my exact age lose his life, awful news. God bless him and his family.

Currently Playing:
    Salt & Sanctuary(PS4), Rocket League(PS4), Steins;Gate 0(PS4)

vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just don't know what to type. I wish I would have tried to be more of a friend to Brad. I just read back through all 6 or 7 pages of our visitor message conversation and it made me cry. I friended Brad on facebook back when my sister died. We talked a lot for a while and became very good friends on here. Then I deleted my facebook account over some baby mama drama, I still don't get on there. Brad just kind of drifted away from this place little by little over the past year or two and we never really talked over that period. I really had no idea the extent of trouble he was going through. Last I can remember was a post about him being in rehab or something he posted here in fan fic general discussion a while back, which is the last that I can remember seeing him around. I repped him something that I can't remember, something about staying strong or something. I seen on his profile that he edited his title to "2002-2015" or something. I don't know why this hits me so hard. Right in the heart. Maybe it's because he is the same age as my sister, and I'm reading about stuff in this thread about him having substance problems and possible relationship problems, maybe it's because he looked up to me as a friend and I just kind of neglected him in that regard. This hurts. Any of you guys reading this, you know who you are, know that I'm here if you ever need somebody to talk to. Sometimes I don't know the right things to say, I don't know how to be a good friend, but I still care about you and I'm here. We lost one of our own, he's getting put into the ground tomorrow morning and I'm shaken up pretty good about it. If there are any updates on what happened I'd really appreciate it. Love you guys.

vCash
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brad and I got along great and he was a friend here on Facebook. This is definitely a punch in the guy.

I didn't know on a personal level or about any of his demons but we had a few good conversations in PM's where we were just shooting some shit.

RIP Brother.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This has just been a shit fucking year.
    Quote Originally Posted by African Mike
    I love it when Greg gets angry, it's like watching a Furbie going ape shit at some stupid kid

vCash
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always enjoyed talking with Brad. We'd converse here and there about fan fic. Always came off like a nice guy, and from the posts in this thread, he was.

Such a sudden thing, and just very sad. RIP Brad.

Big thanks to Surrender!

PW Accolades

Spoiler

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fucking hell. I didn't really have much interaction with Brad over the years, but he always seemed like a super nice guy. I remember him speaking honestly and frankly about his addiction issues in the past, and like Shin, the last memory I have was him mentioning about rehab. Absolutely awful news, my heart goes out to his family or anyone on here who knew him far better than I did. RIP.

@SaveUsWP

Quote Originally Posted by RT
    "Will is so British, I don't even believe he is British. He just fits the stereotype so well, it's ridiculous."

vCash
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn. I didn't interact with Brad outside of board itself but he was one of my favorite posters while he was here. This sucks.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow...I don't know what to say...

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm shocked, I didn't know him as well as some but he was a great presence around here... R.I.P Brad
    Thanks to Rad for the awesome banner!

Last Call

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck. Brad and I were semi close off and on. I had added him on FB, but I think he may have deleted me or something. I'm not sure. This sucks so much. I was just thinking about using him for an idea today. This is awful.
    Visit prowrestlingiowa.net
    Follow me on Twitter: @1RealSmartAlex
    Wonder what happened to the guy Seth Rollins did a moonsault off of? Follow @OfftheChestTR and listen to "Off the Chest of Timothy Regal"

vCash
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went back and read Brad's interview in our old 20 Questions feature. It was from just over two years ago. I'd initially intended to post it in here, as a way of remembering Brad, but I've opted against doing that. It's heartbreaking to read. If anyone wants to read it, go check the thread out in the Archives section - you'll find his interview on the second page of the 20 Question's thread.

You're gonna be missed so badly, Brad.
    Man of the world.

Kujo

This is probably the saddest thing I ever imagined happening on this board. It made me sign up just to say this.

Growing up with you guys is something that only us guys will understand. To lose any of you would break my heart. Losing Brad absolutely ruined my day when I checked in here to see what was new and what was with the title. I thought it was some Fan Fic joking around. When I saw the page, the picture and the dates, my eyes welted. My stomach dropped. My heart sank. Brad was a very special friend to me on here.

He understood me and he always defended me. I had a lot of conversations with him through Private Messages and he always told me that he "got me" and he had my back. He would always calm me down when I would get angry and he ALWAYS had my back when everyone was arguing with me. I know I'm not and never was the easiest person to deal with, but Brad was always someone who came to me and had my back. We chatted about his problems and my problems and the dude was such a good person. He went through some tough stuff in life and it truly breaks my heart to lose a brother like Brad. An Angel. One of the best people I ever met on this board, if not the best. I was devastated when I read the news and am still in shock, awe and heartbreak days later. I will always remember you guys because I grew up with you and I will always remember Brad for losing an angel too soon.

RIP Brad. I love you my brother.

RT EDIT: This was from Kid, for those of you that couldn't tell. Thanks for sharing, Kid.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RIP Brad :/ Such sad news! Hope you guys are holding up ok!

Thread Information