0 Thread(s)

Default WWE 2K17 Official Thread

Developers: Yuke's and Visual Concepts

Publishers: 2K Sports

Rating: T

Platforms: PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, Xbox One

Release Date: October 25th, 2016

Price: $59.99

Today, these key details about the game were released by PWInsider, and it is expected that these reports will reach the remainder of the major wrestling news sites soon.

2K, Yuke's and Visual Concepts promise to deliver "stunningly realistic graphics, ultra-authentic gameplay, and a massive roster featuring your favorite WWE and NXT Superstars and Legends."

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: WWE 2K17 Official Thread

Wait... Is the PS3 and Xbox 360 part for real?

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The graphics are also getting a complete overhaul, with some of the in-game character models being leaked.

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow... 3D HHH looks a lot older than real HHH.

vCash
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by whocares View Post
    That's the first thing I thought as well.

vCash
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goldberg confirmed!

God help and forgive me,
    I wanna build something that’s gonna outlive me

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rumors going around about and ECW pack for DLC featuring Tommy Dreamer, The Dudleys (tye dye and overalls attire), RVD, Rhyno, Sabu, The Sandman, and Tazz.

I <3 JESUS

vCash
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Teaser for Goldberg!

Very end.. SUPLEX CITY sign in rejection as Goldberg looks out of police car.
    Follower of Christ.

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dean Ambrose's character model

Seth Rollins' character model

Neville's character model

Charlotte's character model

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just really can't wait to see what the rest of them look like

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think 'character models' is the right word to use. They look more like target renders.

Also, Charlotte kinda looks like a crack whore in black and white... Heh.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by whocares View Post
    I thought the same about Cena too... Rock looks younger than both of them lol!
    Thanks to Rad for the awesome banner!

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dukezilla View Post

Developers: Yuke's and Visual Concepts

Publishers: 2K Sports

Rating: T

Platforms: PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, Xbox One

Release Date: October 25th, 2016

Price: $59.99

What a shame that we're this far in to a console life cycle and games are still being ported to last gen systems. I would be pissed if I were a huge fan of the series.

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain Cunt View Post
    What a shame that we're this far in to a console life cycle and games are still being ported to last gen systems.
    If it really is being ported to the PS3 and Xbox 360 that means the audience that purchased WWE 2K16 on last gen was big enough to warrant it. I'm not really sure if it's a shame people either can't afford or plain just don't want to make the jump to the PS4 and Xbox One... Especially now that there are new versions of both those systems on the horizon... If I was an earlier adopter I'd probably be pissed about the impending price drops of the PS4 and Xbox One. Now that's a shame.

I would be pissed if I were a huge fan of the series.
    Why would you be pissed that more people are gonna have access to the game? Are you a just a jerk? You don't have to worry, though... The PS3 and 360 owners are just gonna get a stripped down inferior version missing key features that will still somehow sell at full price. That's something to be more pissed off about.

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your missing the point. The issue is the game being held back in some ways just to make it work on last gen. I understand it's a money thing but it's time to cut the cord with last gen and progress forward.

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain Cunt View Post
    Your missing the point. The issue is the game being held back in some ways just to make it work on last gen. I understand it's a money thing but it's time to cut the cord with last gen and progress forward.
    I had this same debate with my older bro... Like, I seriously doubt making a last gen version is holding back the next gen version in any way because the last gen version of 2K16 was clearly a cut and paste job probably done by a team of 3 people and a baboon. The only thing holding back the WWE games in any way, shape or form is 2K's continued insistence of allowing Yukes to be part of the developmental process. Yukes has been holding back the series for fuckin' years.

vCash
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://t.co/xnMIlwsWsw

The Cover released. I'm actually surprised at who they picked.

God help and forgive me,
    I wanna build something that’s gonna outlive me

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HawkGuy View Post
    https://t.co/xnMIlwsWsw

The Cover released. I'm actually surprised at who they picked.
    Excellent choice and nice cover! I'm glad it wasn't Roman due to the obvious backlash, I'm actually glad it wasn't Seth as I think Seth should cover star it when hes a babyface which is under a year a year away now, so maybe next year for him and utterly relieved it's not Goldberg as hes a deluded piece of shit.

Hope this game has a decent storymode, the universe mode was a pile of tosh, I just want a simple multiple choice branching story, choose to save this person, turn on this person ect.

Credit to *Tripsi*

vCash
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dukezilla View Post
    Rumors going around about and ECW pack for DLC featuring Tommy Dreamer, The Dudleys (tye dye and overalls attire), RVD, Rhyno, Sabu, The Sandman, and Tazz.
    If they wanna put ECW in there, then they gotta add more wrestlers than that..Super Crazy, Tajiri, Mike Awesome, Masato Tanaka, the bWo, Raven, Beulah, The Eliminators, Jerry Lynn, Terry Funk, 2 Cold Scorpio, Lance Storm, Danny Doring, Cactus Jack, Psicosis, Fonzie, Shane Douglass, Mikey Whipwreck, Francine, Dawn Marie, Luna Vachon, New Jack and Mustafa and Public Enemy would help round out this proposed ECW DLC pack.

vCash
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also gotta admit these characters so far look better than before....Gotta say that if nothing else..Also, a wishlist for this game which is highly unlikely to happen at all.

Change the goddamn pin system back to simply tapping buttons only instead of this garbage meter which cuts really fun matches short because you can't seem to kick out of a 2nd rope elbow drop thanks to this useless meter..I dunno why they got the bright idea to create something so counter-intuitive to enjoying a video game as a pin system with a meter that runs low pretty quick..

Make more submission moves actual submission moves instead of "wear down moves". I'm talking about the Haas Of Pain and that double arm camel clutch to name a couple. Also, adding more submission moves would be great as well..Different types of armbars, toeholds and chokes, along with a better version of the Samoan Stump Puller. Just having more moves in general, including more Japanese style and Lucha moves, along with more dirty moves, such as different types of eyepokes/eyerakes, lowblows, fish-hooking, ear boxing, etc would be damn nice.

Have a legit knockout system. This is why I currently won't play Last Man Standing matches. It's because it has a meter(yea the meters really fuck the game up far as I'm concerned) that to me, slow down the match which would otherwise be incredibly fun to simply have at it. If for example in Last Man Standing matches, you can simply tap buttons to struggle back to your feet while the ref is giving you the 10 count instead of hoping you can hit that small meter to get up by the count of 6. For anyone who's played No Mercy or Revenge, remember how you could get up from multiple moves/strikes that could potentially knock you out and your wrestler's convulsing trying to pry themselves to their feet? That's the type of animation I'd love to see when a wrestler who's been in a bloodbath of a Last Man Standing match trying to get up to his feet by the count of 9 with blood falling from his forehead to the concrete floor, staining it with puddles of blood. The I Quit match could also lose its useless meter far as I'm concerned. Button tapping would be great in that match as well.

Have a more in depth create an entrance mode. Have more varied lighting types, more options as far as creating a walking gait, more types of pyros, the ability to have multiple types of pyros in different parts of your entrance, your wrestler's mannerisms, taunts, etc More out of the crowd entrance options for create an entrance would be great. While we're on create a modes, let's just have more expanded create an arena mode(where more types of arenas are needed, such as Shea Stadium, giant rugby stadiums you'd see England or South Africa along with plenty of other outdoor arena options), create a belt mode(having many more belt templates, designs, etc), along with create a finisher mode that's revamped. Now create a submission would be a great addition to the game. I'd love to see multiple inventive submission varieties to play with while making a new submission move. Also, for creating standing finishers, there should be more options for creating moves where you attack your opponent from behind. For creating logos in create an arena mode, that should be re-done as well so that it has more options than it had in the past. Lastly, create an outro should be made. That way, for one, your created wrestlers will have a real outro instead of some generic garbage every time they win a match. While we're on outros, I'm real tired of winning a Hell In The Cell match with Taker or Kane and they celebrate by expressing joy. Kane's pyro in his outro should set the cell on fire, while Taker's outro could feature druids for example. All I'm saying is have certain wrestlers have character-specific outros in matches such as Hell In The Cell or Elimination Chamber.

Have a better ability to focus on different wrestlers when you're in an Elimination Chamber match or Fatal 4 Way match for example. Hit detection improvement would also be great as well. AI improvement is sorely needed.

No more of Sin Cara slamming Big Show (I realize that the last couple games they had that option called weight detection but instead of the smaller wrestler struggling or being countered, he simply hits a different move which isn't what I'm gonna get into). I really am surprised they didn't put in the option of having actual realistic gameplay in that a move Sin Cara would do to Kalisto would be only partially as effective if he hit it on Roman Reigns because of the physical differences. Another example is The Rock hitting the exact same Rock Bottom on both Shawn Michaels and Big Show. If Rock tries to Rock Bottom Big Show, Rock should really struggle and not be able to lift Big Show nearly as easily as he could with HBK. Usually, Big Show should simply use his power to counter with a variety of moves/strikes. From there after he'd take Big Show down, Rock would be holding his own back in pain. Think back to Nash Jacknifing Big Show(remember how that happened twice in WCW with both Show and Nash in plenty of legit pain). That's the type of realism I'd like to see. With that being said, cruiserweights should in general have a harder time trying to Irishwhip a superheavyweight. They should struggle and the opponent could counter with a stiff clothesline, military press slam, etc

If it's not already confirmed, you should be able to import your own entrance music again for wrestlers.

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some new info about WWE 2K17 leaked out. Here are some tidbits:

-There will be a limited NXT Collector's Edition of WWE 2K17 released for $99 that may or may not already be available for preorder. (Are people really stupid enough to buy something like that? I already know the answer to that question is 'Yes'...)

-Shinsuke Nakamura, Nia Jax and Apollo Crews Confirmed. (Although, it has not been confirmed if Apollo's big smile is in the game too.)

-The NXT Collector's Edition has Sami Zayn, Samoa Joe, Finn Balor, Bayley and Alexa Bliss on the cover. Which suggests not only are those people in the game but there may be an NXT version of Sami Zayn in the game. (Is there even a difference between NXT Sami and main roster Sami?)

-Here's what the NXT Collector's Edition comes with: A premium package(That's what she said); WWE 2K17; Playable NXT Superstars: Shinsuke Nakamura, Nia Jax and Apollo Crews(Hello, DLC); 50% boost in points earned in My Career(Cheater!); An exclusive canvas to canvas lithograph designed by WWE artist Rob Schamberger and autographed by Shinsuke Nakamura; An exclusive 8-inch collectable figure of The Demon Finn Balor; One exclusive Topps NXT: TakeOver London mat relic card, which include a piece of the ring canvas; And the Goldberg Preorder Pack which includes 2 Goldbergs(WCW and WWE) and arenas based on WCW Nitro and Halloween Havoc.

-No brand split included.

-Only 50,000 copies of the NXT Collector's Edition will be released worldwide.

-There have been hints that the NXT Proving Grounds mode may return.

-Shinsuke Nakamura will be exclusive to the NXT Collector's Edition at launch. He might eventually be DLC.

And that's pretty much all for now.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soulblazed View Post
    Change the goddamn pin system back to simply tapping buttons only instead of this garbage meter which cuts really fun matches short because you can't seem to kick out of a 2nd rope elbow drop thanks to this useless meter..I dunno why they got the bright idea to create something so counter-intuitive to enjoying a video game as a pin system with a meter that runs low pretty quick..

Have a legit knockout system. This is why I currently won't play Last Man Standing matches. It's because it has a meter(yea the meters really fuck the game up far as I'm concerned) that to me, slow down the match which would otherwise be incredibly fun to simply have at it. If for example in Last Man Standing matches, you can simply tap buttons to struggle back to your feet while the ref is giving you the 10 count instead of hoping you can hit that small meter to get up by the count of 6. For anyone who's played No Mercy or Revenge, remember how you could get up from multiple moves/strikes that could potentially knock you out and your wrestler's convulsing trying to pry themselves to their feet? That's the type of animation I'd love to see when a wrestler who's been in a bloodbath of a Last Man Standing match trying to get up to his feet by the count of 9 with blood falling from his forehead to the concrete floor, staining it with puddles of blood. The I Quit match could also lose its useless meter far as I'm concerned. Button tapping would be great in that match as well.
    OMG YES!

Why they changed the fucking system I have no idea but it can easily ruin the game when one of these two things happen:

1/ You're in the middle of a good match, they hit a finisher on you, the bar comes up first time and you kick out at one, it deflates the crowd and kills it.

2/ Same scenario but this time you leave it so you can kick out at 2 1/2 but you accidentally don't hit it and the match is over on a superplex.

Credit to *Tripsi*

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing that I hated in the last game and I know that it's only cosmetic but in create a show, please add more templates... only twelve and half of them are crap, come on!
    Thanks to Rad for the awesome banner!

vCash
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forgot one thing on my lengthy list..WWE 2k17 needs to have many more apron moves from both angles. What I'm saying is that if your wrestler is standing on the apron, there should be 20 normal moves and 20 finishing moves you can do from there. Same if you're standing in the ring and your opponent's standing on the apron. 20 normal moves and 20 finishing moves..So much can be done with apron moves..Piledrivers off the apron through a table or directly to the concrete, a Tiger Suplex to the concrete, Brainbuster to the concrete, banging your opponent's skull into the side of the ringpost...There's many things that can be done from there as well..

vCash
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another feature that should be brought back-I never understood why this feature ever left WWE games..You should be able to fully edit any wrestler's attire, entrance, give them alternate attires, their moveset, etc Precisely like you could back in WWF No Mercy..That would be pretty fun...

Also, there should be a shitload more call names for when you're naming your created wrestler...There's definitely not enough variety in that category.

If you have a wrestler who carries a weapon to the ring(such as La Parka, Bossman, Jake Roberts(he could use Damian as a weapon)the match should start with their weapon either right outside the ring or in their hands..I hate it when their weapon magically vanishes when the match starts.

I have a good idea for a new feature that's never been in a wrestling game yet..Use a foreign object during a match but hide it from the ref. Using your "mystery foreign object" the way a 70s heel would could be a great feature..That lethal roll of quarters, fork, taped thumb or whatever other weapon your wrestler has could be put to good use..While we're on the subject of weapons, there should be yet MORE weapons available in violent matches...I'm talking about a bag of thumbtacks, a crescent wrench, a screwdriver, The Mountie's Taser, a cheese grater, Terry Funk's branding iron and alcohol 2 for 1 deal, a cowbell, etc

Fighting deep into the crowd, as well as fighting in multiple backstage areas(including the infamous Boiler Room!), and the option to take the fight outta the venue to the street! It's been such a long time since there's been the option of fighting in the street..I think the last game that did that was made over a decade ago, maybe longer, actually..Could've been Shut Your Mouth or Here Comes The Pain..That way a match like a Chicago Street Fight could in a literal sense end in the streets of Chicago.

If you're Taker and you win a match, there should be an option at the end in case you feel like zipping your opponent up in a body bag.

Thread Information