Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 563

Thread: Ongoing NXT Thoughts Thread

  1. #1
    Making snow angels The Main Event's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere (Georgia)
    Age
    30
    Posts
    22,370
    vCash
    3106
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Ongoing NXT Thoughts Thread

    Feel like whenever there's a NXT party thread it just kinda dies within 3 posts, so figured we could try this if that's cool with all.

    3 thoughts during NXT tonight...

    1 - Corey Graves being more of a tweener actually works, he's easily the best analyst in WWE today and in recent memory, now that he's more willing to be okay with faces and critique certain heels (his stuff on Elias Samson is awesome "Take your guitar and your 16 dollars and go back to the bus station" ) he's gotten a new club in his bag.

    2 - Finn Balor, love him....but I feel like he's in a bit of a rut lately. There hasn't been a lot of character development (which is hard to do when your original character is next level) and his matches have become a bit paint-by-numbers on TV lately. He's in a select group of guys in the business that I have full faith could fix it within a day, but it's starting to get a bit flat.

    3 - Am I the only person that misses Blake and Murphy being more than Alexa's lackeys? They were starting to show more personality and be more entertaining, and then bam....demoted to valet status

    THIS AWWWWWWESOME BANNER MADE BY SPIKE


    I'M BACK BAYBAY!!!

  2. #2
    Say Yeah Matt's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11,125
    vCash
    2575
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Ongoing NXT Thoughts Thread

    I posted this in the Random Thoughts thread, but Rich Swann now has knockoff All Night Long entrance music. NXT is all I've ever wanted.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrAndersons Mic View Post
    Im posting my thoughts not for them to be debated or argued against. I would like for folks to understand and agree with my point of view while throwing dookie at the McMahons and laughing at it.

  3. #3
    Making snow angels The Main Event's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere (Georgia)
    Age
    30
    Posts
    22,370
    vCash
    3106
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Ongoing NXT Thoughts Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I posted this in the Random Thoughts thread, but Rich Swann now has knockoff All Night Long entrance music. NXT is all I've ever wanted.
    , it was pretty fantastic, loved the crowd reaction to it too.

    Also, one thing I forgot...

    Is there any doubt American Alpha are winning the titles in Dallas? They're getting the big video treatment, the timing is right, the iron is white-hot....they have to be winning it, right?

    THIS AWWWWWWESOME BANNER MADE BY SPIKE


    I'M BACK BAYBAY!!!

  4. #4
    Slammy Award Winning Falcone's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Liverpool, England
    Age
    26
    Posts
    16,447
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Ongoing NXT Thoughts Thread







    So, No Way Jose is Manny Garcia? Then I am 100% on board with this. He'll more than likely be NXT's next top heel.

    Quote Originally Posted by TJ Wyoming
    Maybe so, but at least I'm not a fucking loser. You and your country is our bitch! Been that way for a couple of centuries. And Canada (technically part of your "empire") is our bitch which makes Owens our bitch. Deal with it.
    Don't worry, he's only making PW great again

  5. #5
    PW Champion The Dazz's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    9,902
    vCash
    2735
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Ongoing NXT Thoughts Thread

    I really hope Joe takes the title off of Finn this time.

    Big thanks to Surrender!


    PW Accolades

    Spoiler

  6. #6
    Say Yeah Matt's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11,125
    vCash
    2575
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Ongoing NXT Thoughts Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by The Main Event View Post
    Is there any doubt American Alpha are winning the titles in Dallas? They're getting the big video treatment, the timing is right, the iron is white-hot....they have to be winning it, right?
    Probably. I think there's an outside chance they have the Revival eke out another heel win and do the big coronation at the next Takeover, but this Takeover is essentially being booked as NXT Wrestlemania, so yeah, do it here.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrAndersons Mic View Post
    Im posting my thoughts not for them to be debated or argued against. I would like for folks to understand and agree with my point of view while throwing dookie at the McMahons and laughing at it.

  7. #7
    The QUEEN of WoW Kaye88's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,584
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Ongoing NXT Thoughts Thread

    I LOLed when Johnny Gargano came out to a theme that was previously used by Ashley Massaro. I do hope there's more for Johnny Wrestling in NXT. He's one of my favorites. But Apollo Crews saving him was some random coincidence with Apollo not yet booked for Dallas. And Samson's boring.

    The problem with Finn right now and the reason I'm not looking forward much to the Finn-Joe rematch is because he was kept largely out of the picture while Joe, Zayn, and Corbin battled it out to be his contender. He should've been involved more during the set of matches, brawls, and segments between the three. That said, great heel ring work against Swann.

    Nice segment for American Alpha. Alexa Bliss continues to be the best female heel character in NXT. And Dana Brooke and Emma are still loads of fun to watch.
    ★ If you're gonna do it, do it with FLAIR! ★

    -surrender-

  8. #8
    Godsend Jay Lethal's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,391
    vCash
    24742
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Ongoing NXT Thoughts Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaye88 View Post
    I LOLed when Johnny Gargano came out to a theme that was previously used by Ashley Massaro. I do hope there's more for Johnny Wrestling in NXT. He's one of my favorites. But Apollo Crews saving him was some random coincidence with Apollo not yet booked for Dallas. And Samson's boring.

    The problem with Finn right now and the reason I'm not looking forward much to the Finn-Joe rematch is because he was kept largely out of the picture while Joe, Zayn, and Corbin battled it out to be his contender. He should've been involved more during the set of matches, brawls, and segments between the three. That said, great heel ring work against Swann.

    Nice segment for American Alpha. Alexa Bliss continues to be the best female heel character in NXT. And Dana Brooke and Emma are still loads of fun to watch.
    You do realize Finn has been nursing an ankle injury since early February right, man was using crutches and everything.

  9. #9
    CMPunker
    Guest

    Default Re: Ongoing NXT Thoughts Thread

    I hope so much they turn Finn heel. He wrestled like a heel against Swann.

    Asuka vs Bayley better not be last, and if it is the only way I'd accept it is if Asuka squashes Bayley Cena.

  10. #10
    fuhgettaboutit Kovie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New York City
    Age
    26
    Posts
    439
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Ongoing NXT Thoughts Thread

    I hope they do something big with Apollo Crews. Though its shaping up to be Elias Samson vs AC at Takeover Dallas, I'm hoping its a sign for bigger things to come. A feud with Joe would be tight.


  11. #11
    Godsend Jay Lethal's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,391
    vCash
    24742
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Ongoing NXT Thoughts Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by CMPunker View Post
    I hope so much they turn Finn heel. He wrestled like a heel against Swann.

    Asuka vs Bayley better not be last, and if it is the only way I'd accept it is if Asuka squashes Bayley Cena.
    It's not built as the Main Event, either Joe vs. Finn or Sami vs. Nakamura will end the show, probably Finn vs. Joe II especially if Joe takes the title home.

  12. #12
    but secretly C to the C Engel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    UNC Chapel Hill
    Age
    36
    Posts
    19,678
    vCash
    0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Ongoing NXT Thoughts Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kovie View Post
    I hope they do something big with Apollo Crews. Though its shaping up to be Elias Samson vs AC at Takeover Dallas, I'm hoping its a sign for bigger things to come. A feud with Joe would be tight.
    Crews I see coming up to the main roster fast. He is the total package. I hope they bring him up via New Day.


    Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

    @Foos

  13. #13
    Moderately Moderating Michinokudriver's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    San Francisco
    Age
    34
    Posts
    10,922
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Ongoing NXT Thoughts Thread

    Is Crews dorky enough to fit in with New Day?

    Nominee: PW's Most Knowledgeable Poster, 2006
    Co-winner: PW's Most Knowledgeable Nerd, 2006

  14. #14
    Still Relevant! Ness's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    32
    Posts
    25,881
    vCash
    0
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Ongoing NXT Thoughts Thread

    Hope so. Right now he's the second dullest on the roster. The first? His takeover opponent..

  15. #15
    Slammy Award Winning Falcone's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Liverpool, England
    Age
    26
    Posts
    16,447
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Ongoing NXT Thoughts Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ness View Post
    Hope so. Right now he's the second dullest on the roster. The first? His takeover opponent..
    He's wrestling Balor at Takeover?

    Quote Originally Posted by TJ Wyoming
    Maybe so, but at least I'm not a fucking loser. You and your country is our bitch! Been that way for a couple of centuries. And Canada (technically part of your "empire") is our bitch which makes Owens our bitch. Deal with it.
    Don't worry, he's only making PW great again

  16. #16
    Making snow angels The Main Event's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere (Georgia)
    Age
    30
    Posts
    22,370
    vCash
    3106
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Ongoing NXT Thoughts Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kovie View Post
    I hope they do something big with Apollo Crews. Though its shaping up to be Elias Samson vs AC at Takeover Dallas, I'm hoping its a sign for bigger things to come. A feud with Joe would be tight.
    Yeah if they're going with Crews vs Samson, I wish they didn't give Elias the loss to Gargano. Kinda takes some of the meaning away, now it's because AC helped Gargano....which....there's not much there unless it's a toss for a set-up to something else, but I don't see that really being there.

    THIS AWWWWWWESOME BANNER MADE BY SPIKE


    I'M BACK BAYBAY!!!

  17. #17
    Senior Member Greywolf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,409
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Ongoing NXT Thoughts Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Falcone View Post
    He's wrestling Balor at Takeover?
    if you think Balor is more dull than Elias Sampson ...
    Candice Larae, Bea Priestley, Nixon Newell, and Tessa Blanchard tribute
    Finn Balor is the future of the WWE
    Siera, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta - Forever
    Cena fan for LIFE
    Did you know, without lifts, Ambrose is taller than Reigns by an inch?

    banner by, Dj LatinoHeat

  18. #18
    Making snow angels The Main Event's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere (Georgia)
    Age
    30
    Posts
    22,370
    vCash
    3106
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Ongoing NXT Thoughts Thread

    Honestly, I don't hate the gimmick for Sampson. It's got a good thought, I like how he executes it...the only problem is there's very unlikely to be any way to really keep it fresh for an extended period of time.

    THIS AWWWWWWESOME BANNER MADE BY SPIKE


    I'M BACK BAYBAY!!!

  19. #19
    Fo fo fo fo... for life patrick94's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Centurion, South Africa
    Posts
    766
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Ongoing NXT Thoughts Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Engel View Post
    Crews I see coming up to the main roster fast. He is the total package. I hope they bring him up via New Day.
    Crews is boring IMO He's got his five moves of doom down, with not really anything else backing them up. His promos are as boy scout as you can get (barring Cena, but that's Cena. He can actually pull it off) and, well, he's at least got the right look? I don't see him being involved in anything major. I don't see him winning any titles. Maybe the US title. Maybe I'm being a bit harsh. But as of right now, Crews hasn't convinced me that he deserves any sort of push whatsoever. Sticking him with the New Day would just make him look like someone that's desperately looking to fit in because they don't have anything else to do with him.
    "Pro wrestling is the greatest sport in the world"- Shinsuke Nakamura.

  20. #20
    Still Relevant! Ness's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    32
    Posts
    25,881
    vCash
    0
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Ongoing NXT Thoughts Thread

    Sampson needs vignettes. Show him drifting. His gear is wayyyy too neat.

  21. #21
    Godsend Jay Lethal's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,391
    vCash
    24742
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Ongoing NXT Thoughts Thread

    I could care less about Sampson, was nice to see him lose to Johnny Wresting.

  22. #22
    Permanently Insane Alex Ace's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,140
    vCash
    2100
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Ongoing NXT Thoughts Thread

    ...and ZZ debuted... I've seen the footage of his entrance at the house show, has anyone actually seen him wrestle? Can he? Sara Lee and Josh seem to have debuted too, any one seen it?

    gycax

  23. #23
    Slammy Award Winning Falcone's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Liverpool, England
    Age
    26
    Posts
    16,447
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Ongoing NXT Thoughts Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Ace View Post
    ...and ZZ debuted... I've seen the footage of his entrance at the house show, has anyone actually seen him wrestle? Can he? Sara Lee and Josh seem to have debuted too, any one seen it?
    The only thing we have to go on is Biff Busick saying he sucked, but Busick was in character when he said that (plus ZZ beat him) so I have no clue. Dude has lost a lot of weight though.

    Quote Originally Posted by TJ Wyoming
    Maybe so, but at least I'm not a fucking loser. You and your country is our bitch! Been that way for a couple of centuries. And Canada (technically part of your "empire") is our bitch which makes Owens our bitch. Deal with it.
    Don't worry, he's only making PW great again

  24. #24
    Slammy Award Winning Falcone's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Liverpool, England
    Age
    26
    Posts
    16,447
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Ongoing NXT Thoughts Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post
    if you think Balor is more dull than Elias Sampson ...
    Balor's gimmick is literally "Irish guy who occasionally puts on face paint which somehow makes him unbeatable". At least with Sampson there's room for them to give his character motivation. And it'd help if they could get commentary on the same page with that guy. When both of them are bashing him, you may as well have JBL out there burying him.

    Quote Originally Posted by TJ Wyoming
    Maybe so, but at least I'm not a fucking loser. You and your country is our bitch! Been that way for a couple of centuries. And Canada (technically part of your "empire") is our bitch which makes Owens our bitch. Deal with it.
    Don't worry, he's only making PW great again

  25. #25
    The QUEEN of WoW Kaye88's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,584
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Ongoing NXT Thoughts Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Lethal View Post
    You do realize Finn has been nursing an ankle injury since early February right, man was using crutches and everything.
    Oh right, forgot about that. But still, he was largely non-descript in the feud even in the more recent set of tapings when he's been wrestling fine. As I said in my earlier point, even backstage segments or doing commentary during the series of Joe-Zayn-Corbin matches could've helped with visibility during the build-up.
    ★ If you're gonna do it, do it with FLAIR! ★

    -surrender-

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •