Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Ongoing NXT Thoughts Thread

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Ongoing NXT Thoughts Thread

The crowd chanting "Fuck PG" was great by the way!

As for the show... WOW! Canthe writers on the main roster please take note?

gycax

Asteroids Champion! Breakout Champion!
    vCash
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I thought Balor's chainsaw entrance was goofy as fuck. Why is a Celtic demon brandishing a modern weapon? It didn't fit with his whole interpretive dance entrance either. But he did look very pretty. And he gave me by far the best Balor match I've seen to date, even in spite of the frequent stoppages. Surprised that Balor retained but it was done in a really great way. Joe especially was on point in this match. Loved his facial expressions after the Muscle Buster and at the end of the match. They were perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    So NXT is coming to my area in May. Anyone want to give me a recommendation on going or not.

What's the likelihood of seeing Samoa Joe? About how long are the live shows?

I'm about as passive as any wrestling fan there is out there. I watch it from time to time (maybe once every six months). I like it enough but just don't have the time to keep up anymore. I have the day off from work. Good use of $100 and a day off? Or pass?
    I think there's a pretty good chance of seeing Samoa Joe in May. If you almost never watch wrestling, I'm not sure how much you'd get out of an NXT live show if you aren't aware of or invested in any of the wrestlers and characters. On the other hand, you're guaranteed high quality in ring work and a loud, faithful crowd. Probably worth a shot.

vCash
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, I would think NXT live shows would give a better show than the TV shows. Since they are practice shows, and not filmed, they can do matches they have to save on TV. No clue who you will see, as if that cruiserweight tournament turns out to be legit anyone could have try out on the show. If Joe takes the belt he will be on the show. Asuka should still be champion then and odds are KENTA will be back by then I think.

Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMG 3.0 on the TV tapings. I so want 3.0 in WWE.

@Foos

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PWInsider says that Ciampa and Gargano are officially signed to NXT. I'd link it but that website is murder on my phone.

~!

The Canadian Death Tour
    A very Canadian wrestling story by RT.
    Catch up now and stay tuned for "The Commonwealth Championship," coming soon.

vCash
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just looked, everyone is reporting it. Ciampa I assume WWE wanted for awhile. Believe him and Sasha were along the last of Killer's students.

They need the Wrestler Formerly Known as Chuck Taylor. Bring FIST to WWE.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Engel View Post
    Just looked, everyone is reporting it. Ciampa I assume WWE wanted for awhile. Believe him and Sasha were along the last of Killer's students.

They need the Wrestler Formerly Known as Chuck Taylor. Bring FIST to WWE.
    YES! Just did a campus with this guy 2 weeks ago. Dude is fucking amazing! #ChuckTaylortoWWE

gycax

vCash
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After Dallas, who do you want Shinsuke Nakamura to face next, do you think we will get Nakamura/Joe or Nakamura/Balor before they go up to the main roster, or will the Summerslam Takeover feature Nakamura vs. Aries in the main event?

Do you think Nakamura will even stay in NXT, or will he make the jump to the roster seeing how successful his debut at Takeover was?

vCash
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got tickets for the NXT show in my hometown.

Going to be ace.

vCash
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bobby Roode signed with WWE a week before Takeover and will be coming to TNA.

Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by TJ Wyoming
    Maybe so, but at least I'm not a fucking loser. You and your country is our bitch! Been that way for a couple of centuries. And Canada (technically part of your "empire") is our bitch which makes Owens our bitch. Deal with it.
    Don't worry, he's only making PW great again

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Falcone View Post
    Bobby Roode signed with WWE a week before Takeover and will be coming to TNA.

Spoiler
    You mean NXT right? not TNA. because after the James Storm stuff I will believe anything...

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

vCash
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by milopo View Post
    You mean NXT right? not TNA. because after the James Storm stuff I will believe anything...
    No, he'll be going back to TNA while under contract to WWE. James Storm will return to NXT as well, while holding both TNA Tag Titles. Austin Aries will remain confused.

Or I'm just an idiot and sleep deprived. probably that. (Yes, NXT.)

Maybe so, but at least I'm not a fucking loser. You and your country is our bitch! Been that way for a couple of centuries. And Canada (technically part of your "empire") is our bitch which makes Owens our bitch. Deal with it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Jam-packed show this week.

Austin Aries made his NXT TV debut against another debutant, Angelo Dawkins. Aries was the winner, but Dawkins grabbed my attention in a good way. Not sure what his "stirring the soup bowl" hand gesture is about, but he has good charisma. Solid match that got both wrestlers over.

Alexa Bliss faced debutant Tessa Blanchard (yes, daughter of Tully). Alexa didn't have her cronies with her, but that didn't matter as she looked more ruthless than ever. She busted out a Chokeslam-type move at the end. Tessa also got a chance to shine as a fiery babyface. Another solid match.

Gargano and Ciampa finally won a match as they teamed up to defeat the rapidly-declining Vaudevillains. It's strange that Vaudevillains already seem like has beens even though they've only been around a couple of years. Perhaps they are victims of circumstance, coming in a little too early before this sudden surge in tag team talent. Looks like Gargano and Ciampa are going to rise up the ranks, which is a very good thing. I like those guys. Later in the show, we see more developments in the tag team scene as Enzo and Cass challenge new tag team champions American Alpha to a friendly match. It was booked for next week's show.

Tucker Knight, who looks remarkably similar to Bull Dempsey (so much so I thought it was Bull Fit at first), was squashed by Baron Corbin. The End of Days seems like a hard move to give to big guys, but both wrestlers made it look easy. I like Tucker Knight's fire.

Bayley beat Liv Morgan in a semi-squash. A third good showcase match on the show. Liv Morgan got a lot of her flashy offense in, but Bayley's win was nonetheless convincing. Good promo by Bayley after the match, saying that Asuka was the better woman but she's still gunning for the title.

Finally, Shinsuke Nakamura against Tye Dillinger. Dillinger cut an awesome promo earlier in the show, definitely worth checking out. The match was also great. I especially loved the character work/mind games at the start of the match. Especially good from Dillinger, who really stepped up his game when it mattered. The match followed the theme of the night in that it was a glorified squash that neverthless served as a good showcase for the loser as well as the victor.

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome stuff this week.

It's nice to fill this kind of excitement for wrestling again. I don't necessarily dread watching Raw, but seeing the NXT video package when it hits is like the closest thing I've felt to SmackDown back in the Heyman days -- I know I'm getting a damn good show and I'm super pumped to see it.

Dawkins looks promising. "Curse of Greatness" is a catchy nickname.

I am a full-blown mark for Shinsuke Nakamura right now and I am not ashamed. I've watched him several times in New-Japan, but this NXT run already has me even more geeked than before and we're only two matches in. Loved the crowd chanting "he's 11!" to Dillinger during their match. NXT crowds, always with the best chants.

Psyched for Enzo/Cass vs. American Alpha next week and there aint nuttin' sawft 'bout that...

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor
    Tucker Knight, who looks remarkably similar to Bull Dempsey (so much so I thought it was Bull Fit at first), was squashed by Baron Corbin. The End of Days seems like a hard move to give to big guys, but both wrestlers made it look easy. I like Tucker Knight's fire.
    I experienced that same feeling. "I thought I heard the company let Bull go?" was my initial reaction. That End of Days did look crisp.

WCW - A Wrestling Wiki \\ WWE - Smackdown vs. Raw (w/The Dazz)
    "If Shakespeare was alive today he would be writing wrestling shows." - Chris Jericho

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Emperor, I'm 99% sure Angelo Dawkins wasn't a debutant. He's been around for a while, it just seems like they really don't know what to do with the guy. It's obvious he has a bit of charisma, but the guy really needs to find something that catches on before it's too late.
    Thanks too Fresh Prince

vCash
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angelo is definitely not new. They literally have no clue what to do with him. He was a nerd for a bit, then in a tag team with Sawyer Fulton, another guy they can't find anything to do with (and considering Fulton is basically a hybrid of Lesnar and Angle, it shouldn't be too hard).

Tucker's been on NXT before. I've seen him throw dropkicks and run around, dude is real fucking agile. He'd be a great addition to the Wyatts or as a partner for Rusev as a big agile man tag team.

vCash
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, apparently, Joe vs. Shinsuke happened at a house show in Orlando.

That's what's great about NXT. They don't waste time. They start building to exactly the match they should be right away. They know this is what people will want, and they're making it happen.

Let it begin.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518
    he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518 View Post
    No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.
    NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!

vCash
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That little taunt Dawkins kept doing was ridiculous. What's he meant to be doing? Stirring soup?

vCash
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    That little taunt Dawkins kept doing was ridiculous. What's he meant to be doing? Stirring soup?
    He was "stirring the pot" or "cooking", in the literal sense. Stirring up tension, causing trouble.

Probably in a tribute to the based god Lil B.

New Day did it once on Raw as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518
    he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
    Quote Originally Posted by mx518 View Post
    No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.
    NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!

vCash
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Djm View Post
    He was "stirring the pot" or "cooking", in the literal sense. Stirring up tension, causing trouble.

Probably in a tribute to the based god Lil B.

New Day did it once on Raw as well.
    Thanks for clearing that up...I'd never even heard of Lil B before, so it makes sense now! At least I could tell he was stirring something.

PW Tag Team Champion!! HilaryFan's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NXT does build to the right matches, with one HUGE exception.

We never got a proper Joe vs Owens match. They had that one encounter which seemed more like an appetiser for a bigger match that never came, and I assume now never will(unless Joe gets called up)

( ?_?) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

Currently Playing: Suikoden 1, Max Payne 1, Beyond Good and Evil, MGS Peace Walker

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HilaryFan View Post
    NXT does build to the right matches, with one HUGE exception.

We never got a proper Joe vs Owens match. They had that one encounter which seemed more like an appetiser for a bigger match that never came, and I assume now never will(unless Joe gets called up)
    To be fair, that was around the time when Owens was feuding with like five people.
    Candice Larae, Bea Priestley, Nixon Newell, and Tessa Blanchard tribute
    Finn Balor is the future of the WWE
    Siera, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta - Forever
    Cena fan for LIFE
    Did you know, without lifts, Ambrose is taller than Reigns by an inch?

banner by, Dj LatinoHeat

vCash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    LET ANGELO COOK

I don't know if it's still what he's going for, but for a while it seemed like he was just going to ape the trademark taunts of star basketball players. He was doing Lebron's chalk toss for a while too. The cooking motion is something that James Harden does too, which is why he suffers from the based god curse, but that's a story for a different day.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAndersons Mic View Post
    Im posting my thoughts not for them to be debated or argued against. I would like for folks to understand and agree with my point of view while throwing dookie at the McMahons and laughing at it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mediocre show this week.

The long-awaited American Alpha vs Enzo & Cass was a bit underwhelming. Although I didn't expect a classic, this was little more than a standard American Alpha match. It was nice to see Big Cass doing some work outside of a hot tag, and what he did was pretty decent.

No Way Josť made his debut. I can't stand party/dancing gimmicks so he was off to a bad start as he made his entrance. However, the match was pretty good. I doubt I will ever be able to like the gimmick, but he has done a great job of developing a offensive repertoire based around his dancing, and his character is very believable. Now that Daniel Bryan is retired, it's nice to see someone picking up the Airplane Spin. His finisher is a punch, which rubs me the wrong way a little, but at least it looks a thousand times better than Big Show's KO punch. I expect him to get a better finisher as he moves up the ranks.

Nia Jax had a match.

Elias Samson vs Nakamura is happening next week, marking the first occasion I will be interested in something Samson is doing.

Apollo Crews vs Samoa Joe was as unremarkable as I expected. I'm surprised Crews is still doing the phenomenal dropkick given that AJ Styles is in the company. Has he done it in his main roster matches? Joe wins with the coquina clutch, continuing to establish Apollo Crews as the NXT choker/jobber to the stars, like Tyler Breeze before him. I don't see his future being particularly bright.

vCash
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It kinda sucks Manny Garcia has been relegated to a dancing comedy character, dude is a great heel.

Thread Information