Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 76 to 94 of 94

Thread: The Old School Football Thread

  1. #76
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,475
    vCash
    1166
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Old School Football Thread

    That Titans team was so special and it was the birth of my love for them. I always liked Eddie George, but that's because I was always a college football fan and ABC never had a problem giving me Ohio State games. Before I followed college football with knowledge, I knew of 7 teams. Ohio State, Michigan, Notre Dame, Penn State, Nebraska, Florida and Florida State. I always knew FSU was going to be special, but I painted them as the heel back then. Eddie George became my favorite player, though. Also, for some reason, Grambling State was always on my television and they were awful.

    So back to the topic, Johnson earned his contract with that could've been game winning drive. He made some huge plays to get them in position to win. I have no doubt that Buffalo would've got knocked off before the Super Bowl and the Rams would've probably got a better playoff debut by Peyton Manning and he may have made the Super Bowl in his first year. OR we would've got Jacksonville in the Super Bowl that season instead. Jacksonville dropped 62 on the Dolphins in the playoffs that year. They were good. The Titans put them to sleep in the 2nd half, though. That Titans team was so fucking good. Weirdly enough, Seattle was in the AFC that season.

    The Rams, I still stand by this shit, should not have been in the Super Bowl. The Buccaneers had that fucking game and just couldn't get into the end zone. An 11-6 final score! The Redskins had a legit chance, too. The Lions made the playoffs that season and it was their last time in over a decade. That Super Bowl was my first heartbreak in sports. It was definitely a great game.

  2. #77
    American Ninja ShinobiMusashi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Back arse of nowhere
    Posts
    12,789
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Old School Football Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Dat Guy View Post
    That Titans team was so special and it was the birth of my love for them. I always liked Eddie George, but that's because I was always a college football fan and ABC never had a problem giving me Ohio State games. Before I followed college football with knowledge, I knew of 7 teams. Ohio State, Michigan, Notre Dame, Penn State, Nebraska, Florida and Florida State. I always knew FSU was going to be special, but I painted them as the heel back then. Eddie George became my favorite player, though. Also, for some reason, Grambling State was always on my television and they were awful.

    So back to the topic, Johnson earned his contract with that could've been game winning drive. He made some huge plays to get them in position to win. I have no doubt that Buffalo would've got knocked off before the Super Bowl and the Rams would've probably got a better playoff debut by Peyton Manning and he may have made the Super Bowl in his first year. OR we would've got Jacksonville in the Super Bowl that season instead. Jacksonville dropped 62 on the Dolphins in the playoffs that year. They were good. The Titans put them to sleep in the 2nd half, though. That Titans team was so fucking good.
    Titans got so over around here in northeast Texas in 99, I've never seen so many people jump on a team's bandwagon so hard. The Cowboys sucking was a part of it, plus I got to admit that uniform and logo was pretty sweet, it was all brand new, they looked really cool and had some great players. That 99 playoff run really got these folks around here on their bandwagon unlike anything I've ever seen, you seen lots of Titans hats and bumper stickers in 99-2000. I'll never forget when we moved up here that year we got on a bus at school to go to a track for PE or something and one of the coaches yelled out, "HOW BOUT THEM TITANS!" and the whole bus marked out. I was like man, fuck this place. I believe that was after they beat the Colts in those playoffs. Being from Houston I hated the Titans for obvious reasons. I remember getting into a big argument with one of my teachers at that school about how the Titans sold out Houston. Looking at it from their perspective though, that had to be pretty cool to be in Tennessee and have a brand new redesigned team like that in a new stadium kicking so much ass the way they did that year.

    Weirdly enough, Seattle was in the AFC that season.
    I miss the days of Seattle being in the AFC. It's still weird to me seeing them in NFC playoff games, the Seahawks vs Broncos Super Bowl was also kind of weird from an aesthetic standpoint, two AFC West teams playing each other in the Super Bowl. I actually have grown to dislike the 2002 realignment. It's like why would they put the Colts in the AFC South with Miami in the East with a bunch of New England teams? That makes no sense. If I were to change it I think I'd keep Seattle in the AFC, put the Texans in the NFC West, trade out the Cowboys and Cardinals from the East to the West with the Falcons, Panthers, and Saints moving over to the NFC East, something like this;

    AFC East
    Buffalo
    New York Jets
    Miami
    New England
    Indianapolis

    AFC Central
    Pittsburgh
    Tennessee
    Baltimore
    Cleveland
    Cincinnati
    Jacksonville

    AFC West
    Denver
    Seattle
    Kansas City
    Oakland
    San Diego

    NFC East
    New York Giants
    Carolina Panthers
    Atlanta Falcons
    New Orleans Saints
    Philadelphia Eagles
    Washington Redskins

    NFC Central
    Green Bay
    Chicago
    Tampa Bay
    Minnesota
    Detroit

    NFC West
    St. Louis
    Dallas
    Houston
    Arizona
    San Francisco
    Even with the 4x4 I'd probably still keep Seattle in AFC and put Houston in NFC West:

    AFC East
    Buffalo
    New York Jets
    New England
    Indianapolis

    AFC North
    Pittsburgh
    Baltimore
    Cincinnati
    Cleveland

    AFC South
    Miami
    Jacksonville
    Tennessee
    Kansas City

    AFC West
    Seattle
    Oakland
    San Diego
    Denver

    NFC East
    Dallas
    New York Giants
    Philadelphia
    Washington

    NFC North
    Green Bay
    Minnesota
    Chicago
    Detroit

    NFC South
    Tampa Bay
    Atlanta
    Carolina
    New Orleans

    NFC West
    San Francisco
    Houston
    Arizona
    St. Louis
    I don't like the 4 team divisions though. I think they should have just kept it as it was with a sixth team in one of the divisions in each conference, by god if you win a six team division(10 games against division opponents) you have earned that home playoff game.

    The Rams, I still stand by this shit, should not have been in the Super Bowl. The Buccaneers had that fucking game and just couldn't get into the end zone. An 11-6 final score! The Redskins had a legit chance, too. The Lions made the playoffs that season and it was their last time in over a decade. That Super Bowl was my first heartbreak in sports. It was definitely a great game.
    Says a lot about just how wide open the NFL was that year. Lets take a closer look on the year that was 1999:

    -An Arena football guy working at a grocery store came in and ran the table and win the MVP and Super Bowl that year.

    -All of the powerhouse teams of the 90's had bottomed out(San Francisco, Dallas, Denver) or were in a down rebuilding year(Pittsburgh, Green Bay). The two Super Bowl teams from the year before both lost their star running backs to knee injuries, Broncos finished 6-10 Falcons finished 5-11.

    -You had 2 wild card teams in the NFC finish with an 8-8 record, aging Dallas and Barry Sanders-less Detroit. You basically had 4 serious contenders in the NFC in St. Louis, Tampa, Minnesota, and Washington. Probably would have been a good year for an 8 team playoff tourny in the NFC if you threw in the 8-8 Packers and Panthers, would have been an interesting tourny.

    -The Panthers just barely missed the playoffs at 8-8 under George Seifert, a damn good veteran team that was comprised of mostly older guys that everybody thought to be washed up, including Steve Buerlien a career backup that ended up dropping 4,436 yards and 36 touchdown passes vs 15 interceptions, with Kevin Greene and Sean Gilbert on defense. Panthers came out 3-6 but won 5 of their last 7 and missed the playoffs on tiebreakers at 8-8.

    -Tampa makes it to the NFC Championship with a backup rookie QB(Sean King) coming in for the last 5 regular season games after Dilfer gets lost for the season.

    -Seattle Seahawks finish 9-7 and win the AFC West with Jon Kitna(and a damn good defense). Seahawks came out 7-2 as Kitna threw for 16 touchdowns and 6 interceptions but they collapse pretty hard going 1-5 in their last 6 games as Kitna threw for 7 touchdowns and 10 interceptions, including 5 in their loss to Tampa(the game that started their downfall). Kitna completed 46.% of his passes and threw 0 touchdowns and 2 interceptions in the Seahawks home loss to Miami in the wild card playoffs.

    -Elsewhere in the AFC West the Chiefs finished 9-7 and lost the division by being swept by Seattle. Interesting note Warren Moon played backup for KC that year(only threw like 5 passes all year though). San Diego was feeling the after effects of picking Ryan Leaf as they had Jim Harbaugh and Erik Kramer stinking up the joint at QB that year, still finished 8-8 with a damn good defense(10th in NFL) with Seau and Rodney Harrison.

    -Marino's last season, 2 really good games with the Dolphins vs Colts that year Manning vs Marino. First one in Indy both teams combined for like 40 points in the 4th quarter, Colts took a 31-22 lead with like 8 minutes left, Marino leads Phins back to score 12 points in the final 3 minutes. Manning ran out of the back of the end zone to give Miami a safety, then Marino led them down to score the winning touchdown with just seconds left on the clock, Miami wins 34-31. Marino threw for 2 touchdowns and 393 yards. The rematch later in the year the Colts took a 31-17 lead in the 3rd quarter. Marino led the Dolphins back with 2 touchdown passes but Manning took the Colts to a field goal to take a 34-31 lead with 4:24 left in the game. Marino moves the Dolphins down the field on like an 80 yard drive to hit a game tying field goal, tying it up at 34-34 with 40 seconds left in the game. Manning moved the Colts into field goal range with 2 passes to Marvin Harrison, setting up the game winning field goal to give Indy the 37-34 win, the torch was passed. Dolphins came out strong in '99 with an 8-2 start before dropping 5 of their last 6.

    I do think those Redskins matched up well with the Rams, I remember they lost that Divisional playoff game to Tampa on a botched field goal in the end, who knows what would have happened had they made that field goal and made it to the NFC Championship. Also wouldn't sleep on the Bills making a run that year had Tennessee not ran that last kickoff back, taking a closer look at their stats for that season they were pretty damn tough(#1 defense in yards allowed, #2 in points allowed). I don't know if anyone other than the Titans could have beaten Jacksonville though, they just had their number. I watched that Tampa vs St. Louis NFC Championship on NFL Now back a few years ago, it was a surprisingly good game for 11-6 baseball final score.
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 01-18-2017 at 07:22 AM.

  3. #78
    American Ninja ShinobiMusashi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Back arse of nowhere
    Posts
    12,789
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Old School Football Thread

    Caught the 2002 NFC Championship a couple nights ago, Tampa at Philly in the final game at Veterans Stadium. Philly completely owned Tampa in the 2000 and 2001 playoffs and a couple of regular season games in between, so nobody really thought Tampa stood a chance. This had to be so frustrating for Eagles fans to watch. Tampa took a 20-10 lead with a few minutes left. Philly was driving to cut the lead to a field goal there at the end, Mcnab hits Todd Pinkston with a perfect pass right on the numbers and he drops it bigger than shit. It's like wow. Then the very next play Donovan scrambles around and makes a great play for a critical first down, putting them into the red zone. Then the next play after that is Ronde Barber's interception that he returns like 87 yards for a touchdown. Todd Pinkston watches Ronde catch the ball and then doesn't even try to chase after him to stop the touchdown, Tampa takes it 27-10. How the hell Pinkston had a job after this game I'll never know.

    Man i love Mike Alstott though, other than a few moments he didn't really have much of a game here but I was reminded of how much I loved that motherfucker, easily one of my favorite players ever, that's fucking football.

  4. #79
    They still play defense? The Real LT's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    8,946
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Old School Football Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiMusashi View Post
    Caught the 2002 NFC Championship a couple nights ago, Tampa at Philly in the final game at Veterans Stadium. Philly completely owned Tampa in the 2000 and 2001 playoffs and a couple of regular season games in between, so nobody really thought Tampa stood a chance. This had to be so frustrating for Eagles fans to watch. Tampa took a 20-10 lead with a few minutes left. Philly was driving to cut the lead to a field goal there at the end, Mcnab hits Todd Pinkston with a perfect pass right on the numbers and he drops it bigger than shit. It's like wow. Then the very next play Donovan scrambles around and makes a great play for a critical first down, putting them into the red zone. Then the next play after that is Ronde Barber's interception that he returns like 87 yards for a touchdown. Todd Pinkston watches Ronde catch the ball and then doesn't even try to chase after him to stop the touchdown, Tampa takes it 27-10. How the hell Pinkston had a job after this game I'll never know.
    Freddie Mitchell was also on that team, and he was EVEN WORSE than Todd Pinkston. Let that sink in.

  5. #80
    American Ninja ShinobiMusashi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Back arse of nowhere
    Posts
    12,789
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Old School Football Thread

    Just a heads up, the free NFL Now app(I've got it on my Roku, I believe it's available for phones) has the classic 22 minute highlight movies up for Super Bowl 2 through 50 for free on demand right now. Got to love these. 65 Toss Power Trap! YEAH! THE MENTOR!!! WHOO HOO!!

  6. #81
    American Ninja ShinobiMusashi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Back arse of nowhere
    Posts
    12,789
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Old School Football Thread

    Watched the 1998 NFC Championship on Youtube between the Falcons and Vikings. I got to say that Gary Anderson's missed field goal is massively overblown, it's made out to be like a Scott Norwood moment where he lost the game for the Vikings but they were actually still winning by a touchdown when he missed that. Vikings defense couldn't hold the Falcons from scoring a TD to tie it in the final minute. Vikings actually got the ball back with a few seconds left in regulation but they took a knee to send it into overtime instead of trying to throw a bomb to set up a FG(I believe they even had a timeout left). Then in overtime Minnesota got multiple possessions, multiple opportunities to win that game. Just a brutal game for Vikings fans though because they were right there just a couple of minutes away from a Super Bowl and it just crumbled away like that, unbelievable. Broncos definitely would have smoked the Vikings in the Super Bowl based on what I seen of this game. That would have been a blowout.

  7. #82
    Leaf & Rider Prider CM Punk'd's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada, eh?
    Posts
    23,442
    vCash
    11009
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Old School Football Thread

    Oh, my favorite time of the year on NFL Network. The annual NFL Films marathon of Super Bowl films. There is nothing in the world like them.

    Still My Champ
    Thanks, surrender.

  8. #83
    American Ninja ShinobiMusashi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Back arse of nowhere
    Posts
    12,789
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Old School Football Thread

    Yeah, it's an annual tradition of mine to binge watch as much of them as I can this time of year. I actually have the first 40 of them on DVD. I've been watching a few a day since last week, I'm up to Super Bowl XX right now. The first 18 films are all solid gold, once you get to 19 though they kinda start to go downhill as Facenda no longer does the narration and they use more 80's synth style music instead of the orchestral stuff. That one song that opens and closes the Super Bowl 19 film is pretty funny, "The action! The energy! THIS IS THE NFL!"

  9. #84
    Leaf & Rider Prider CM Punk'd's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada, eh?
    Posts
    23,442
    vCash
    11009
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Old School Football Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiMusashi View Post
    Yeah, it's an annual tradition of mine to binge watch as much of them as I can this time of year. I actually have the first 40 of them on DVD. I've been watching a few a day since last week, I'm up to Super Bowl XX right now. The first 18 films are all solid gold, once you get to 19 though they kinda start to go downhill as Facenda no longer does the narration and they use more 80's synth style music instead of the orchestral stuff. That one song that opens and closes the Super Bowl 19 film is pretty funny, "The action! The energy! THIS IS THE NFL!"
    I think that Super Bowl XIX theme was used for the "This is the NFL" TV Show. So that explains where that came from.

    Still My Champ
    Thanks, surrender.

  10. #85
    American Ninja ShinobiMusashi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Back arse of nowhere
    Posts
    12,789
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Old School Football Thread

    I'm watching the Super Bowl 22 full game right now. Joe Jacoby should have gotten the MVP for this game, what a fucking performance. There are plays where he blows his guys 10 yards off the line of scrimmage, other plays where he pulls and blows open huge holes that you could drive trucks through. Just unbelievable performance by an offensive lineman, maybe one of the most underrated performances in Super Bowl history, paving the way for a rookie one-off running back playing his first game of his career breaks the all time Super Bowl rushing record, I believe the record still stands if I'm not mistaken, not to mention Doug Williams was a backup quarterback who was average at best. Jacoby should absolutely be in the hall of fame. Probably one of the greatest players of all time, he just happens to play a position nobody cares about or pays attention to, he absolutely carried the load for the winning team in this Super Bowl.
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 01-30-2017 at 01:41 PM.

  11. #86
    Leaf & Rider Prider CM Punk'd's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada, eh?
    Posts
    23,442
    vCash
    11009
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Old School Football Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiMusashi View Post
    I'm watching the Super Bowl 22 full game right now. Joe Jacoby should have gotten the MVP for this game, what a fucking performance. There are plays where he blows his guys 10 yards off the line of scrimmage, other plays where he pulls and blows open huge holes that you could drive trucks through. Just unbelievable performance by an offensive lineman, maybe one of the most underrated performances in Super Bowl history, paving the way for a rookie one-off running back playing his first game of his career breaks the all time Super Bowl rushing record, I believe the record still stands if I'm not mistaken, not to mention Doug Williams was a backup quarterback who was average at best. Jacoby should absolutely be in the hall of fame. Probably one of the greatest players of all time, he just happens to play a position nobody cares about or pays attention to, he absolutely carried the load for the winning team in this Super Bowl.
    In my opinion, Timmy Smith's 200+ yards rushing in that Super Bowl, is one of the most overrated performances in pro-football history. It was all about The Hogs in that one. I bet George Rogers could've rushed for at least 200 through those holes.

    Still My Champ
    Thanks, surrender.

  12. #87
    They still play defense? The Real LT's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    8,946
    vCash
    2000
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Old School Football Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by CM Punk'd View Post
    In my opinion, Timmy Smith's 200+ yards rushing in that Super Bowl, is one of the most overrated performances in pro-football history. It was all about The Hogs in that one. I bet George Rogers could've rushed for at least 200 through those holes.
    I probably could have gotten at least 100 running behind the Hogs that game.

  13. #88
    American Ninja ShinobiMusashi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Back arse of nowhere
    Posts
    12,789
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Old School Football Thread

    Finally made my way to the Super Bowl XXV highlight movie. I probably say this every year but man this is the best football video ever put to film. The fucking music is epic, the older school NFL Films music gets a lot of love but I've never been able to find these tracks that they use in this film, I can't even find the names of these songs, they are great.

    After watching the late 80's Super Bowl highlight films and looking at some of the stats it just amazing how weak the AFC was for so long during that stretch. Some of those Broncos teams that won 3 out of 4 AFC titles probably would have never made it out of the wild card round of the NFC bracket those years.

  14. #89
    Leaf & Rider Prider CM Punk'd's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada, eh?
    Posts
    23,442
    vCash
    11009
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Old School Football Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiMusashi View Post
    Finally made my way to the Super Bowl XXV highlight movie. I probably say this every year but man this is the best football video ever put to film. The fucking music is epic, the older school NFL Films music gets a lot of love but I've never been able to find these tracks that they use in this film, I can't even find the names of these songs, they are great.

    After watching the late 80's Super Bowl highlight films and looking at some of the stats it just amazing how weak the AFC was for so long during that stretch. Some of those Broncos teams that won 3 out of 4 AFC titles probably would have never made it out of the wild card round of the NFC bracket those years.
    Yeah. Denver, in those first three appearances with John Elway, were outscored 136-40.

    Still My Champ
    Thanks, surrender.

  15. #90
    American Ninja ShinobiMusashi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Back arse of nowhere
    Posts
    12,789
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Old School Football Thread

    I watched the full Super Bowl XXIV(San Fran destroyed Denver 55-10) a few years ago when NFL Now was like NFL Films Netflix(woke up one morning and it was all gone, I miss that so much). Had to be one of the worst performances by a team ever in a Super Bowl, Elway played so terribly in that game(only completed 10 passes, 2 interceptions and 2 fumbles, compared to Montana who went 22/29 for 297 yards and 5 touchdowns). Before the game and in the early stages of the game the Broncos had the look of some of Mike Tyson's opponents back when he was at his peak, they were mentally defeated before the game even started. It was really something. At one point late in the game you just felt sorry for Elway and the Broncos, it looked like they were ready to quit and just go to the dressing room, even some of the 49ers players were feeling sorry for Elway and trying to tell him to keep his head up there after he threw that second interception.
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 01-31-2017 at 01:56 PM.

  16. #91
    American Ninja ShinobiMusashi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Back arse of nowhere
    Posts
    12,789
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Old School Football Thread

    Made my way up to Super Bowl XXXVII on my NFL Films highlight film marathon that I started last week. This is the Gruden Bowl, Tampa blows out Oakland. I watched some of the Bucs playoff games from this 2002 run last month. I always loved Gruden as a coach, he was so damn fiery, his facial expressions and emotion during the course of the game was good entertainment, I've really enjoyed rewatching those old Bucs/Raiders games just for his reactions. Correct me if I'm wrong here but I believe Tampa traded two #1 picks, two #2 picks, and $8 million cash to Oakland for Gruden. I want to say that this trade really fucked both teams over for a long time after this Super Bowl, Oakland would have been better off keeping Gruden. Maybe they would have won the Super Bowl this year with him? Also Tampa probably would have been better off long term sticking with Dungy, in fact I believe they still would have won this Super Bowl with Dungy with Tampa and Gruden coaching Oakland, this Bucs defense was just really really good. Had they kept Dungy and all of those draft picks they maybe would have been better off after 2002. Either way it's interesting to think about what could have played out if that trade never happened.

  17. #92
    American Ninja ShinobiMusashi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Back arse of nowhere
    Posts
    12,789
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Old School Football Thread

    This popped up in my Youtube recommendations just now, amazing quality of footage in color of a 1939 meeting between the Lions and Brooklyn Dodgers.



    Clearly a time traveler went back and shot this. It's a shame there isn't more footage like this from the old days.

  18. #93
    American Ninja ShinobiMusashi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Back arse of nowhere
    Posts
    12,789
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Old School Football Thread

    I never knew about the Lions vs Raiders showdown on Monday Night Football in 1990, Bo Jackson vs Barry Sanders duel. I stumbled upon the full game on Youtube but it was blocked by those rat face bastards at the NFL, we're not going to upload it but we're not going to let anybody else upload it either, a bunch of shitface cockmasters.

    Looked up the box score and looks like an epic. Lions took a 21-14 lead in the first quarter. A 55 yard Bo Jackson td run cut the Lions lead to 24-21 at halftime. Raiders took a 35-24 lead in the 3rd quarter after a pair of TD's. Lions fought back to 31-35 in the fourth quarter but Raiders put it away with a FG and held on to win it 38-31. Bo had 18 carries for 129 yards and 1 td while Barry had 25 carries for 176 yards and 2 tds:


  19. #94
    American Ninja ShinobiMusashi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Back arse of nowhere
    Posts
    12,789
    vCash
    1000
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: The Old School Football Thread

    I fell asleep watching some old school NFL Films doc, I woke up and this was on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA6jT-QKoeY

    2006 Cardinals vs Bears Monday Night Football game. I remember watching this back when it happened, I fell asleep and missed Chicago's comeback and couldn't believe it when i watched the highlight that next morning. This was a really good game, high energy from the crowd all throughout as the Cardinals were playing their first primetime game in their brand new stadium with their new hot shot rookie quarterback Matt Lienart. This game is best known for Dennis Green's meltdown in the post game press conference, "THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE, IF YOU WANT CROWN THEM THEN CROWN THEM, WE LET'EM OFF THE HOOK! THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE!!!"

    Excellent game though. Cardinals were up 17-0 at one point early on, then in the 4th quarter they were up 23-3. Bears cut the lead to 23-10 but later in the 4th quarter the Cardinals intercept Rex Grossman and it seems like it's over. The very next play the Bears scoop up a fumble and run it into the end zone to cut it to 23-17. Cardinals go 3 and out and then Devin Hester runs a punt back for a touchdown to take the lead with like 2-3 minutes left. Leinart gets a chance to come back with a game winning field goal in the final 2 minutes, drives them down into field goal range but they miss it wide left. Urlacher played a great game, Bears win it with 6 turnovers and no offensive touchdowns. Great game.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •