Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Old School Football Thread

vCash
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The Old School Football Thread

1999 was indeed an interesting time period for the NFL. That season helped establish the direction the league would go for years to come. Your traditional powers like the Cowboys, 49ers, Broncos, Bills, and Dolphins were on the decline due to age and the retirements on their star players. The young blood rose to the top and new stars were created. Teams like Jacksonville, Tennessee, St. Louis, and Tampa Bay were the best teams in the league. Also, the drafts were setting up the most successful teams of the 2000s for their runs. Indianapolis drafted Peyton and not Ryan Leaf. Philly got McNabb which put them in contention for years. The Ravens were not quite there yet but building an incredible young, dominating defense. TB was a few years away from their SB run but had the pieces on defense. Getting a veteran QB who had a career year in Brad Johnson and Keyshawn Johnson to throw to gave the team offensive identity. Last but not least, the Patriots hired Bill Belichick who would transform that team into his own and draft a little known QB named Tom Brady. Jacksonville, Tennessee, STL, and TB overall could not keep up the consistent success that the latter teams were able to establish but their short, brief run at the top was refreshing for the league.

Oh and I forgot to mention the Green Bay Packers. They were the face of the league and were supposed to be the new dynasty with Brett Favre running the show. While they remained a Super Bowl contender, they never made it to another SB with that regime. The other teams just passed them by. You also think the Vikings would have been able to sneak a SB win during that little period but they could never put the pieces together in the playoffs. Moss became unmotivated and got traded and Culpepper became a bust after flashing franchise QB potential.

The Saints were ending their terrible Mike Ditka era in 1999. Ricky Williams was their only star player thanks to the draft grade by Ditka. He was fired, Jim Haslett was hired, and the Saints made the playoffs the very next year and beat the defending SB champions in the playoffs for the first playoff win in franchise history. They remained borderline playoff contenders until Katrina hit and the team went under construction once again and the rest is history.
    Last edited by The Show; 02-08-2016 at 08:44 PM.

All credit goes to surrender!

vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CM Punk'd View Post
    That was the year when Schottenheimer was their head coach. And it was his only year. He wanted to help build the team, but Snyder only wanted him to coach. And he bolted after that.
    It was still Norv Turner in 99, they had a great team with Stephen Davis and Brad Johnson. I remember they didn't fire Norv until midway through the next season, while they were still in playoff contention if I remember correctly, I didn't get it. Sometimes I think changing coaches is bad for a team. I don't think Marty came in until 2001 if we're talking Redskins.

Quote Originally Posted by The Show View Post
    1999 was indeed an interesting time period for the NFL. That season helped establish the direction the league would go for years to come. Your traditional powers like the Cowboys, 49ers, Broncos, Bills, and Dolphins were on the decline due to age and the retirements on their star players. The young blood rose to the top and new stars were created. Teams like Jacksonville, Tennessee, St. Louis, and Tampa Bay were the best teams in the league. Also, the drafts were setting up the most successful teams of the 2000s for their runs. Indianapolis drafted Peyton and not Ryan Leaf. Philly got McNabb which put them in contention for years. The Ravens were not quite there yet but building an incredible young, dominating defense. TB was a few years away from their SB run but had the pieces on defense. Getting a veteran QB who had a career year in Brad Johnson and Keyshawn Johnson to throw to gave the team offensive identity. Last but not least, the Patriots hired Bill Belichick who would transform that team into his own and draft a little known QB named Tom Brady. Jacksonville, Tennessee, STL, and TB overall could not keep up the consistent success that the latter teams were able to establish but their short, brief run at the top was refreshing for the league.

Oh and I forgot to mention the Green Bay Packers. They were the face of the league and were supposed to be the new dynasty with Brett Favre running the show. While they remained a Super Bowl contender, they never made it to another SB with that regime. The other teams just passed them by. You also think the Vikings would have been able to sneak a SB win during that little period but they could never put the pieces together in the playoffs. Moss became unmotivated and got traded and Culpepper became a bust after flashing franchise QB potential.

The Saints were ending their terrible Mike Ditka era in 1999. Ricky Williams was their only star player thanks to the draft grade by Ditka. He was fired, Jim Haslett was hired, and the Saints made the playoffs the very next year and beat the defending SB champions in the playoffs for the first playoff win in franchise history. They remained borderline playoff contenders until Katrina hit and the team went under construction once again and the rest is history.
    Great post. That's one of those posts thats got me reaching for my record and fact book. I remember those Saints vs Rams games in 2000-2001 were great, maybe some of the best I've ever seen.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiMusashi View Post
    It was still Norv Turner in 99, they had a great team with Stephen Davis and Brad Johnson. I remember they didn't fire Norv until midway through the next season, while they were still in playoff contention if I remember correctly, I didn't get it. Sometimes I think changing coaches is bad for a team. I don't think Marty came in until 2001 if we're talking Redskins.

Great post. That's one of those posts thats got me reaching for my record and fact book. I remember those Saints vs Rams games in 2000-2001 were great, maybe some of the best I've ever seen.
    I think by 01 the Redskins head coach was Steve Spurrier.

vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketmansid View Post
    I think by 01 the Redskins head coach was Steve Spurrier.
    Norv coached until mid-season 2000. I can't remember the interim coach that finished the season. Marty coached them in 2001 then they got rid of him after only one year to hire Spurrier for 2002. Terrible decision that set the Redskins back a few years. They really never should have fired Norv Turner. I did thoroughly enjoy those Joe Gibbs years from 04 to 07 though. The 2005 Redskins are one of my favorite single season teams ever. Scratch that, the 2005 Redskins ARE my favorite single season team ever. So much heart.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Norv coached until mid-season 2000. I can't remember the interim coach that finished the season. Marty coached them in 2001 then they got rid of him after only one year to hire Spurrier for 2002. Terrible decision that set the Redskins back a few years. They really never should have fired Norv Turner. I did thoroughly enjoy those Joe Gibbs years from 04 to 07 though. The 2005 Redskins are one of my favorite single season teams ever. Scratch that, the 2005 Redskins ARE my favorite single season team ever. So much heart.
    I agree, Marty was a good coach who just couldn't win the big games, that weren't all his fault though.

vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm watching this right now:

Great game. That 99 Redskins team was very good. Great offensive line, Stephen Davis in his prime(I had forgotten how good he was), plus Champ Bailey and Darrell Green playing together in that secondary. I'll never forget that playoff game against Tampa that year, in the divisional round. The Bucs were winning by 1 point late in the game, Washington drove down into field goal range for the win but they bobbled the snap and lost at the last second. I had fallen in love with the Skins in that 91 Super Bowl and their run in the 92 playoffs, each year pulling for that team to make it back into that tournament, it took them until 1999, 7 years, and they were right there a field goal away from the NFC Championship against a team that I felt like they matched up great against. I don't think I've ever been so mad about the outcome of a sports game before or since that game.

vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The "A Football Life" documentary on Christian Okoye is on Youtube. I'm watching it now and it is great. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWmsQE6pfcs

vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just found this gem on Youtube:

Narrated by John Facenda, some great history here.

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome thread, Shin. Some of my favorite memories as a kid was watching the NFL Films from the 70's, 80's and 90's at my grandparents house, especially the Super Bowl ones or the season recaps. Both Ed and Steve Sabol brought a visual art to football that is unmatched in any other sport, and dear god, the musical scores for those films; I could binge-watch NFL Films all day if given the chance.

Feel free to prove me wrong anyone, but one thing that bothers me is how little the early days of football are discussed or even displayed in film (specifically a documentary). I'm talking Walter Camp-to-Red Grange era here. Baseball was given epic justice by Ken Burns film series of the same name, and it's truly a wonderful watch. I would love for football to be tackled (pun definitely intended) in a similar fashion. There's so much to discuss -- how the rules changed from union rugby, the early college Ivy League rivalries and subsequent player deaths, how the forward pass changed the game, the beginning of professional play here in Ohio and throughout the midwest. Speaking of that, cool fact -- Dayton, which is pretty much the area where I'm from, is home to the first field ever played on for an NFL game, Triangle Park. It's a local baseball field now that me and my friends used to play at weekly. There's a historical plaque before you enter the field:

Spoiler

As far as personal memories go, the first game I can ever remember watching was Bret Favre destroying the 49'ers around 1995-96. I was a Niners fan at first only because my best friend at the time was, but after seeing Young and the gang getting destroyed that day, the Bay has been my team ever since. Thank god for Aaron Rodgers, because otherwise, I'd miss the shit out of Favre. I do miss watching guys like Reggie White and Barry Sanders play though. Without a doubt my favorite memory though was seeing Favre and the boys beating down New England for the Superbowl in '97. That infamous clip of Favre skipping across the field like a little boy on Christmas was pretty much me at the time. I never thought I'd feel that again until we beat Pittsburgh. Man, I wish I could bottle up that feeling and save it for rainy days.

Also, if any of you haven't seen ESPN's 30 for 30: Four Falls of Buffalo, I highly recommend it. I don't care what anyone says about those Bills teams, making it to the Superbowl 4 years in a row deserves way more respect from people. Honestly, I think it's more likely that a team could go undefeated for an entire year in the modern era than repeat what the Bills did in the early-to-mid 90's.
    Last edited by Rad; 03-29-2016 at 03:20 AM.

WCW - A Wrestling Wiki \\ WWE - Smackdown vs. Raw (w/The Dazz)
    "If Shakespeare was alive today he would be writing wrestling shows." - Chris Jericho

vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great post. I agree all the way about NFL history, I'm in love with the early days history. I hate baseball but I'm jealous of that sport for the way the history is held up on a pedestal the way it is, I wish MMA and NFL were treated the same by the fans/journalists, etc. That Ken Burns baseball documentary was great, even to me a non-baseball fan.
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 03-29-2016 at 07:43 AM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Believe it or not, I've been on a CFL kick today. I watched last year's Grey Cup and I think I'll be rooting for Edmonton from now on, though not just because they won (Packers colors, and their QB was a third string behind Aaron Rodgers. Love how the defense plays, too.)

I actually like some of the rule changes (longer field and 12 players is fun to watch), though I still don't understand what a "rouge" is. It's still weird to watch 3-down games, but not as weird as seeing the goal post right at the goal line rather than behind the endzone. I'm always afraid someone's going to hit their head into that post.

But most of all I'm having a lot of fun learning about the league's history through the "Engraved On A Nation" series. A lot of fun ones on Youtube to watch for equally curious Americans and prideful Canuckers alike. I really enjoyed the Western Swagger one about the Eskimos winning their 4th consecutive cup (Warren Moon was on the team; more reason to be an Edmonton fan) but I think my favorite by far was the one about the 1971 Toronto Argonauts with Joe Theismann. Someone should make an actual comedy-sports movie about this team, I would gladly pay to watch that:

"If Shakespeare was alive today he would be writing wrestling shows." - Chris Jericho

vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's only a matter of time before I delve into CFL and it's history. I need to check out some of those videos. The fact that Warren Moon played for Edmonton makes me a fan of theirs by default. I've always been intrigued by the different rules, I've just never really gotten into it for some reason.

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's only a matter of time before I delve into CFL and it's history. I need to check out some of those videos. The fact that Warren Moon played for Edmonton makes me a fan of theirs by default. I've always been intrigued by the different rules, I've just never really gotten into it for some reason.
    Same here, I've always been curious but I've just never checked it out. And you should, all of these movies have been great watches so far. I love learning about the history of a sport/league I'm not familiar with, especially when it's a variation of football.

I found a new favorite today called "13th Man" which gave me a soft spot for the Saskatchewan Roughriders as well. They seem like the best fans in the world. They have billboards marking the distance on highways to the stadium that are determined by team records in yardage (passing yards, rushing yards, etc.), fans wearing watermelons on their heads and the players actually have their names listed in the local phone books. Loving this team right now.

vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just found this video:

Great stuff. Interesting game there against the Jets in the 1980 season. Stabler had a hard night of partying the night before, came in hung over and threw 4 interceptions. The Jets took a 21-0 lead going into the 4th quarter. Stabler threw 3 fourth quarter touchdown passes to tie the game up at 21-21. Jets took a 28-21 lead after a 45 yard touchdown pass from Richard Todd to Bruce Harper. Stabler threw his 4th touchdown pass in the fourth quarter to tie it up and send it to overtime at 28-28. Jets ended up winning on a field goal in overtime 31-28. Stabler threw 33 of 51 for 388 yards, 4 tds and 4 ints. Sounds like a hell of a ballgame.

Commitment to Excellence ORaider27's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chuck Knox is a coach that doesn't get discussed much these days. His offense were vanilla, run first offenses with little innovation. He believed in a power running game and good defense. Real Three yards and a cloud of dust type. When they threw, it was out of play action most of the time. He was known as a hard nosed, demanding disciplinarian that didn't coddle players. His teams were usually very disciplined, committing few penalties and his run first approach controlled the clock, limited possessions, and kept scoring low. In short, most fans thought he and his teams were boring, outdated and behind the times -- mainly because that was the narrative the media spun. His hard nosed coaching style didn't mesh well with the burgeoning diva attitudes from backup players making more in a season than past Hall of Famers made in their entire careers. By the end of his time in LA, he was considered a fossil from the past.
    Insei makes the best banners and avs
    "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all."
    "It is the responsibility of intellectuals to speak the truth and expose lies."
    Both quotes by Noam Chomsky
    "We are all Africans." -- Richard Dawkins
    Sports Empire HOF 2008 PW HOF 2015

vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting. The worst players countdown spurred my interest in the whole situation where the Rams traded Jerome Bettis to the Steelers in 96 so they could draft Lawrence Phillips. I loaded up the Jerome Bettis episode of A Football Life and there was a detailed telling of what went down. Chuck Knox was instrumental in the Rams drafting Bettis and using him effectively right out of the gate. The Rams decided to part ways with Knox the year they moved from LA to St. Louis. Bettis then held out for a new contract in 1995, by the time he finally signed he came in and didn't fit in well with the new coach's offense, he didn't have a very good season and kind of had a falling out with the organization so they traded him. Such a terrible move. Interesting to think what if Bettis would have played his entire career for the Rams.

Commitment to Excellence ORaider27's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought it was a mistake when the Rams traded Bettis. I knew he would flourish in the Steelers offense because it was built for a RB like him.

Bettis was a fullback in college and was never fast. He was a straight ahead runner that was most effective between the tackles. From what I remember of him with the Rams was a lot of off tackle runs that failed to get much yardage. He was a decent blocker but wasn't very good as a receiver. It limited the Rams offense a lot when he was in the game. They wanted to get a faster player that could catch the ball. If he stayed with the Rams, he probably would have moved back to fullback and wouldn't be in the Hall. That trade changed the course and outcome of his career.
    Insei makes the best banners and avs
    "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all."
    "It is the responsibility of intellectuals to speak the truth and expose lies."
    Both quotes by Noam Chomsky
    "We are all Africans." -- Richard Dawkins
    Sports Empire HOF 2008 PW HOF 2015

vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some great old videos on Youtube right now:

Thunder and Destruction:

Spoiler

Crunchtime:

Spoiler

100 Toughest Players:

Spoiler

NFL's Greatest Hits

Spoiler

Great shit.

vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm so ready for football I can't stand it. I started watching Houston Texans videos on Youtube, one thing led to another and I started watching Andre Johnson tribute videos, which led me to digging into my tape collection to find my Thanksgiving Day game tape from 2012, Texans @ Lions. Very first play of the game is a JJ Watt sack. I fast forwarded through a lot of this game because I wanted to see THE DRIVE. Lions were up 31-24 with like 6 minutes left. The Texans got the ball at their own 3 yard line and drove 97 yards for a touchdown to tie it up and send it into overtime. This drive was all Andre Johnson, he catches a ball over the middle of the field on 3rd and 8, taking a hit and getting the first. Then he converts 2 more third downs with middle of the field first down catches, then a 4th and 7 he catches a ball at the line of scrimmage and fights to get the first down in the red zone. A 97 yard drive and Andre Johnson probably got around 70 of those yards on his own. Matt Shaub did make some great throws.

So they tie it and put it into overtime but the Texans miss the field goal. The Lions get the ball and drive into scoring range but Jason Hansen misses a 47 yard field goal after the ball just barely bounces off the post. They fight it out deep into overtime until the Texans put it through with a FG for the win. Both teams combined for almost 1,000 yards of offense. Stafford had a fucking hell of an arm in this game making some fucking John Elway throws. With this win the Texans moved to 10-1, the best record in the NFL at the time. They had such a great offensive line with Duane Brown and Chris Myers, with Arian Foster running the ball. This was a hell of a football team.

Then the remainder of this tape has the Cowboys vs Redskins from later that night. I only have the first half of the game but damn this reminded me of just how good RGIII was his rookie year, he burns the Cowboys here with some great plays to put Washington up 28-3 at halftime. I was so caught up in the Texans that year that the Redskins run kind of flew under my radar, they started out 3-6 and then won their final 7 games to win the division and make the playoffs. RGIII threw for like 20 touchdowns vs 5 interceptions and ran for over 800 yards rushing, then Mike Shanahan and Dr. James Andres killed his career in the playoffs, absolutely shameful how they handled this kid. He could have been great.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This isn't an old school story but more a fun/crappy story. So it's 2005 and the Eagles are playing the Patriots in the SuperBowl. The first SuperBowl my home team has been in that I was old enough to remember. I'm working for a restaurant at the time as the Kitchen Manager. Upside of this position is that no KM ever works on a Sunday. Upside #2 is that I'm the only football fan on the management team. Everyone else hated Football. And I'm the most senior Assistant by a LONG shot.
    Downside - My dickhead boss who is the most metro dude you'd ever meet decides he wants to sit home and watch the game for the commercials. And with his new girlfriend who's one of the assistants there - who just came out of training and has the position that is supposed to work Sundays. So now instead of watching the game with my Dad I'm sitting in the store where he ALSO decided he wanted to swap all the plateware out that night...or should I say wanted me to. And he also refused to consider closing early because we might be 'super busy' that night even though I showed him the horrible sales history of Super Bowl Sundays and I expected it to be 1000X worse. Who the hell would be out in the Philly Area that night if it wasn't a sports bar?
    Now this stems back to a few years prior when I was an hourly employee who worked for him and he had a crush on an 18 year old server - he was almost 40. And I was 20. And she wanted to date me. So her and I dated and he took it as I blew up his car with his sister and dog in it. So any chance he had to make me miserable was a day in Disney for him.
    So the game starts and from that point on 2 people came in. Not 2 tables. 2 people. In a 5+ hour span. They were just driving through on their way home to Boston or somewhere and couldn't believe they found someone open.
    Only good that came of it was listening to him try and explain why we were open to his boss. I happily let his boss know when he asked me and let him know I was giving him updates all night on our 'Busy evening'. All because I dated some girl years prior that this letch had an old man crush on. Saddest day of my life as a football fan. Sober and watching the game on an old 19" TV all alone.
    He had to find a new job.
    -The Undertaker: It will always be his Yard
    -NXT gives me HOPE for the Future
    -KCCO
    ---θ---
    Currently playing:
    PS4: Fallout 4, The Division, Doom, Assassin's Creed: Syndicate, Life is Strange, Uncharted 4
    Mobile: Tapped Out, Forge of Empires, WWE Champions
    IGN for every Game I play and PSN: Stefulson
    Feel free to add me.

vCash
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My brother got me listening to some Sam Spence (The Jim Johnston of football. Should totally be in the NFL Hall of Fame.) a few days back and now I feel like watching Super Sunday.

Greatness.

vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh man, I just found the full Texans vs Cowboys game from 2002 on Youtube, uploaded by NFL so the video quality is really good: https://youtu.be/QX4_CMiSvdQ

Hands down one of my favorite games in NFL history, that fucking crowd. The looks on Jerry Jones face throughout the game are fucking priceless!

First touchdown in Texans history, great moment: https://youtu.be/QX4_CMiSvdQ?t=3m28s

Game tied at 10-10 in the 4th quarter and Derek Carr's big bro makes Texans memories here, what a great moment this was: https://youtu.be/QX4_CMiSvdQ?t=1h36m54s

So we pulled ahead 17-10 and pinned Dallas deep with a punt with a little over 3 minutes left and then sealed it with a safety: https://youtu.be/QX4_CMiSvdQ?t=1h59m43s

Good times, hell of a way to start a new NFL team in Houston. David Carr is thought of as a huge bust but man there were a lot of great moments with him in those first 3 years. They definitely should have drafted his little bro.
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 11-03-2016 at 09:52 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh man, I just found the full Texans vs Cowboys game from 2002 on Youtube, uploaded by NFL so the video quality is really good: https://youtu.be/QX4_CMiSvdQ

Hands down one of my favorite games in NFL history, that fucking crowd. The looks on Jerry Jones face throughout the game are fucking priceless!

First touchdown in Texans history, great moment: https://youtu.be/QX4_CMiSvdQ?t=3m28s

Game tied at 10-10 in the 4th quarter and Derek Carr's big bro makes Texans memories here, what a great moment this was: https://youtu.be/QX4_CMiSvdQ?t=1h36m54s

So we pulled ahead 17-10 and pinned Dallas deep with a punt with a little over 3 minutes left and then sealed it with a safety: https://youtu.be/QX4_CMiSvdQ?t=1h59m43s

Good times, hell of a way to start a new NFL team in Houston. David Carr is thought of as a huge bust but man there were a lot of great moments with him in those first 3 years. They definitely should have drafted his little bro.
    I figured just like everything else on Youtube it was only a matter of time before the Texans vs Cowboys game from 2002 got taken down, so this morning I taped it to a VHS tape. The last few seconds of that video is fucking priceless, Emmitt Smith walking off the field defeated, and that fucking look on Jerry Jones' face, man he was so mad. Excellent.

Edit: Man that first touchdown was like a scene out of a movie. Too sweet.

vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NFL has uploaded some really great games to Youtube, they keep uploading one every week. This week they uploaded the 1994 AFC Championship between the Chargers and the Steelers, a good one but I wish they would have uploaded the Chargers vs Dolphins in the Divisional Playoff the week prior, such a great game that was.

I wish I had more time to watch these, I've saved a few to my "Watch Later" deal on Youtube.

Cincinnati vs Kansas City 2003: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dchgkUxEvY

I bet money on this game against 2 guys I was working with. Bengals were 4-5 but were looking really good, with Rudi Johnson, Chad Johnson, and a quarterback I always really liked John Kitna. The Chiefs were 9-0 and looking unstoppable on offense. This turned out to be a really great game, the crowd was so hot because the Bengals were looking pretty good for the first time after being the worst team in the NFL for 12 years, they came out and took the Chiefs down and moved into first place in their division.

49ers vs Bills 1992: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1kipcNnlpQ

This was an early season gem, rematch between Jim Kelly and Steve Young where they picked up right where they left off in their USFL duel a few years prior. There were no punts in this entire game, came down to a last second field goal. I've never seen the game but seen a highlight video and read the stat sheet and it looks like a great one, two of the greatest teams of all time going at it tooth and nail.

Would love to see some Houston Oilers games uploaded, preferably the Monday Night game against the Dolphins in 78 where Campbell ran for 4 tds. I watched that game on NFL Now app a few years ago and kicked myself in the ass for not VHS'ing that bitch because it is no longer available anywhere. You can go back through this thread and try to watch any of the Youtube videos I posted and all of them are no longer available, this is the reason I tape that shit to VHS.
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 11-23-2016 at 10:20 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're in luck, Shin.

Still My Champ
    Thanks, surrender.

Thread Information