Thread: The 2015 Fan Fiction Year End Awards - Hosted by Mac & Charlie

vCash
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The 2015 Fan Fiction Year End Awards - Hosted by Mac & Charlie

Fed of the Year
    Fan Fic's ultimate prize. What is the one fed that stood out more than any other in 2015?
    2014 Winner: ShinobiMusashi's ECW: The 2002 Revolution

Most Valuable Player
    Arguably the most honorable prize to receive in Fan Fiction. Who did the most for the forum in 2015?
    2014 Winner: ShinobiMusashi

Non-Wrestling Fed of the Year
    Fan Fic isn't wrestling exclusive. What non-wrestling piece of work wowed you more than any other this year?
    2014 Winner: Ness' Koopa All-Stars

Show of the Year
    Often the best written shows go a long way in deciding our best fed. What show stood out for you in 2015?
    2014 Winners: RT's Wrestling World War 'Chapter 1';
    Kid's KWF 'SummerSlam';
    WMS' ECW: The New Age 'Anarchy Rulz';
    ShinobiMusashi's ECW: The 2002 Revolution's 'Royal Rumble'.

Best Match Writer
    Who consistently wrote the best matches in 2015?
    2014 Winner: ShinobiMusashi

Best Promo Writer
    Who consistently wrote the best matches in 2015?
    2014 Winner: AM

Most Under Appreciated
    Who deserves more love?!
    2014 Winner: Ness

Gone Too Soon Award
    Which fed did you enjoy that you strongly felt met an untimely demise?
    2014 Winner: RT's Wrestling World War

Best X-Fictor Entry
    A new award: what was the strongest entry in this years X-Fictor competition?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Send a list of up to three (3) nominees for each category to WMS and RT.
    Rank them in order, as your first nominee will receive more points than your second and third.

DUE DATE: WEDNESDAY JANUARY 6TH, 2015 @ MIDNIGHT GMT
    Sit down. Be humble.

vCash
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The 2015 Fan Fiction Year End Awards - Hosted by Mac & Charlie

A little bit of a streamlined competition this year, as we - and PW as a whole, for that matter - have dropped off in activity. It's no-one's fault, it just happened and couldn't really be helped. Anyway, you guys have a couple of weeks to get your votes to myself and RT. It'll be cool to get more than six votes in, this year. Even if you're stuck on one or two categories, send us your entry all the same.

For the time being, I suggest we use this thread to discuss and remember some of the stellar work 2015 offered up.

Happy holidays, Fan Fic folks.
    Sit down. Be humble.

vCash
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm gonna try and see if I can get anything in.

I had a real crap 2015 in Fan Fic. I've probaly switched through ten feds, most of those coming in the last few months.

Here's for a better 2016!

Big thanks to Surrender!

PW Accolades

Spoiler

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those pictures of Mac and Charlie are probably exactly how we looked when we remembered we still had to do the Year End Awards.

I think this is Big Evil's year. If it weren't for him we would have gone weeks without new content this year.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Big Evil has been THE stand out this year as far as I'm concerned. Consistent all year long, churning out a shit-load of fantastic shows and storylines, he's been brilliant. Kudos man.

@SaveUsWP

Quote Originally Posted by RT
    "Will is so British, I don't even believe he is British. He just fits the stereotype so well, it's ridiculous."

vCash
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have we ever had someone win Most Under Appreciated and MVP in the same year? Strong chance it'll happen this year with BigEvil.
    Sit down. Be humble.

vCash
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL.

Read that first post as the actual awards. Couldn't figure out why they were listing Shobi's project as 2014...

vCash
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say Ness probably deserves a little more credit for keeping the place warm, especially during that stretch between May and September when Big Evil went awol. I only posted like 13 shows this year in my ECW fed but I like to think I gave him a good run for his money, BE posted a lot of shows between the 96 and 97 feds(something like 30 weeklies, 7 ppvs!) but I think you would have to add up 2-3 of his shows to get as much substance, depth, and development as just one of mine(I posted the kind of shows that took days/weeks to write). Not to mention my UFC fed was pretty hot at one point this year.

I'd be happy to see Big Evil clean up this year's awards since I've been a fan of his for a while now, I'll definitely be voting for him in several categories, but I hope you guys read around before you vote. I don't think it's as cut and dry as it's been suggested in this thread. Things were actually pretty close this year between a few projects in my opinion.

Kind of bummed to see Most Improved, Storyline/Feud, and Best Written Character get the axe. Baker would have been a prime candidate for most improved, I loved what he did with this project: http://forums.prowrestling.com/showt...=1#post4163197 Baker's run with this from September to October he was as hot as anybody in fan fiction this year.

Fed of the year is down to Big Evil's 96 and 97 feds. You got more volume from the 96 thread but I'm digging the 97 thread more than anything else this dude has ever written. Definitely my favorite project going this year. If best written character was an award this year I'd give my vote to Big Evil's Undertaker. Probably several of his storylines would be worth a vote for storyline of the year as well if that were still a thing. The way things are shaping up his 1997 fed will be hard to beat next year too.

Ness' Koopa All Stars should be a strong contender for Fed of the Year. Anyone that's actually been here reading feds knows that Koopa All Stars was the only project that stayed active all year long. Ness was THE ONLY writer that was active in fan fiction all year long, from January to December, Ness was here grinding. He's got to be MVP imo.

Other feds that should be considered for Fed of the Year are Pduh's PRIME, Baker's rebooking the New Gen, and Noni's World Series Wrestling.

Gone too soon is a crap shoot. Either Rad's ECW, WMS ROH All Stars, or KJ's fed from earlier this year, all three of those projects had so much potential.
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 12-24-2015 at 04:22 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My votes are in!

I was able to skim over some stuff to fill out my top 3 this morning. I Just read up on WMS' ROH All Stars fed, somehow this flew under my radar back when it was written. Three solid show of the year contenders and maybe a match writer of the year case. Also check out Spreutels Wrestlemania 32, pretty good show worthy of a show of the year nod.

Fuck, something I should have voted for gone too soon was Show's WWF Rise of an Attitude fed!

vCash
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just the one voter, thus far...

I'll be extending this a few more days as I'm busy at work, anyway.
    Sit down. Be humble.

vCash
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did anybody else ever vote for this?

vCash
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiMusashi View Post
    Did anybody else ever vote for this?
    Nah - disappointing but it is what it is. Ideally I want at least another voter and then I'll throw in a vote myself. We should avoid ties that way.
    Sit down. Be humble.

vCash
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's crazy. I remember my first year here we had like 11 voters.

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I gotta tell you. I have blinders on when I visit this forum, I usually head right to my topic, and that's completely my fault. But to see the admiration I have gotten in this thread is absolutely astonishing and down right humbling. If I win any awards, great, but just seeing that people actually read and like what I'm doing is all the thanks in the world that I need. This place rocks, thanks guys!

vCash
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sadly I didn't read much or do much in fan fic this year. However, 2016 is a fresh start I'm gonna take advantage of. Whoever takes home the votes this year, deserves it. However, I'm definitely bring my A game this year. So watch out!

Big thanks to Surrender!

PW Accolades

Spoiler

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've sat down 3 times to do my votes and every time I don't get them finished for one reason or another. I thought my life was going to calm down after the holidays but it's been busier than ever. Plus everyone in my family got sick at the same time so that was fun!

Excuses aside, the last couple years have seen a huge drop off in interest in the awards. I don't like it but it's the reality of the situation. Maybe next year we look at holding a small year-end event of some kind rather than getting people to send in votes for stuff they may or may not have read over the course of the year.

vCash
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One idea is to have people recommend nominees for certain awards, then post polls and let people vote like that, similar to what we did with the P10 the last few times.

Franchise's WWE Network Franchise's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would vote but it wouldn't be fair as I haven't been active enough to properly know who deserves the awards.

vCash
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Results will be up Sunday. I'm working till midnight and then in London all of tomorrow so can't do anything till then.
    Sit down. Be humble.

vCash
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a project planned for 2015 that I think I'm gonna actually do in 2016. If it's active throughout the year it may make the year end awards more manageable even if you don't follow everything.

Would still require effort, but hey.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This place isn't as popular as it once was

vCash
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kept putting this off. I'll try and post them tomorrow. PW has taken a backseat for me lately. And with only three voters, I didn't feel all that bad delaying the results.
    Sit down. Be humble.

vCash
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Results are finally here, albeit a full three weeks after the deadline.

Cheers to Shin', Sea Slug, RT and I for getting some votes in. Here's what we decided upon:

Spoiler
    Sit down. Be humble.

vCash
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats Big Evil on Fed of the Year and MVP, you earned it dude.

This was how I voted:

Spoiler

Congrats everybody and thanks for the votes, very proud to have won Show of the Year award, third year in a row!

≡≡≡≡|≡≡≡≡

vCash
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shit, now I'm feeling super terrible (as I should) for not reading more and voting. Well, maybe fuck the reading more... I have LOVED what I've been reading. Honestly, in my decade plus or lurking around here and occasionally contributing, I honestly don't think I've ever had more concurrent favorite feds going than 2015. How Shin's UFC didn't win non-wrestling fed by a landslide is BEYOND me, but then again... I have no room to complain since I didn't vote, just like I'll have no room to complain about Hilarity Clinton as USA Champion of the Oval Office. [PS/PSA/Public WARNING: Crushing a lunchbox full of Coors Lights tonight]:

Beers be damned, I'll go on record now as saying Baker's fed (his New Gen one, not his weird experimental one) is my favorite fed ever. Ever. In 10+ years, plus reading back through historically vaunted feds that lived and died before I had even made it to high school. Sorry, KJ. As epic as LSW was... it never centered on a topic so near and dear to my heart as revising WWF history. I could've sworn Big Evil would've snagged this honor, but honestly... his incorporation of every good thing under the sun hampered his standing in my heart in some ironic way. Part of me loves and respects working within the constraints of revising what was available at the time to churn out a perfected product. That said, I'm glad Big Evil got mad love and awards. He deserves every single one. The way he pumps out shows... I honestly have no idea how he does it. No matter what he tells anyone, I assume he's on someone's payroll to just sit there all day and write. How else could you pump out beast quality shows in the volume and at the frequency that he does?

Meanwhile, I feel like I've neglected a third born child... who was technically the first born... in my man Shin. He's been here so long, plugging away, and I feel like I've only ever given him the occasional skim (outside of his UFC). His UFC holds the same place in my heart as Baker's New Gen WWF, only on the non-wrestling side of the coin. And I feel like Shin's ECW Buyout/(R)evolution deserves a full reading that I've never really given it [I'm sorry ShiN!!!]. If it's any consolation, Shin, rest assured -- going back to your Buyout and revisiting it in depth and beyond all the way through your (R)evolution is my new stall reading when taking coffee dump breaks at work. You're in good company, as previous coffee dump break must-read material was pretty much exclusively reserved for Bake and Big Eve.

Oh, how I wish I'd voted. Oh, how I wish I was more active. Oh, how I gotta pee. Why did I break the seal!?!? Time for another COOOOORS> [sorry for this also, KJ... but fuck AB. You're onto bigger/better things with TNA*]

: 04/02/11}:forever&always
    ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
    http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=121686

Thread Information