View Poll Results: WHO HAS THE X-FICTOR?!

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • AM

7 58.33%
  • Fallen

5 41.67%

Thread: THE X-FICTOR FINAL - AM VS. FALLEN - YOUR VOTE MATTERS!

vCash
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default THE X-FICTOR FINAL - AM VS. FALLEN - YOUR VOTE MATTERS!

Following over two months of frenetic competition, we've reached our final. AM and Fallen have deservedly outlasted their competition - and now they've produced a mammoth effort in a bid to become the first winner of Fan Fiction's X-Fictor. I'm leaving it to the Fan Fic public in voting on who they think has earned that title most. Our community has a week to make this difficult decision. I hope all of you join me in leaving comments and feedback on the work of these two talented writers.

A big round of applause for both posters - good luck!
    Sit down. Be humble.

Space Invaders Champion! Hexxagon Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2

vCash
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: THE X-FICTOR FINAL - AM VS. FALLEN - YOUR VOTE MATTERS!

I had to give a slight edge to Fallen in terms of the overall cards and an even smaller edge to AM for the storyline. In the end, Fallen takes my vote with his written main event giving me just a little more of what I want than . I liked the aftermath almost as much as the match, itself and as much as I appreciate a battle of managers, Fallen leaves me more satisfied in the end.
    If all of mankind minus one were of of one opinion, and only one person of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
    -John Stuart Mill

vCash
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had to give my vote to Fallen. AM's entry was solid but I liked Fallen's just a little bit more. Outstanding effort from both guys, congrats on making it this far.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very close. Came down to execution for me.

Both had very strong rosters, which isn't hard to pull off in a two person draft. That's a draw.

When it came down to it, I just enjoyed reading AM's more. I liked his card just a tiny bit more and his story seemed to flow better. Both were excellent entries though. Two deserving winners here. No shame for whoever comes up short.

The Canadian Death Tour
    A very Canadian wrestling story by RT.
    Catch up now and stay tuned for "The Commonwealth Championship," coming soon.

Asteroids Champion! Breakout Champion!
    vCash
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm very busy over the next couple of days, and I am prone to forget about this. If I haven't voted/made a feedback post by December 3, give me a shout.

vCash
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm feeling jaded and tired so this won't be quite as long-winded as usual. I did feel it was important to make note of some stuff that was instrumental in my decision. But firstly, I commend you both for your great effort, here and throughout. Thank you.

Fallen
    Spoiler

AM:
    Spoiler

Incredibly close. Thanks for two great reads.
    Sit down. Be humble.

vCash
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AM's turned the corner, he's got the momentum now...congrats on back to back.

vCash
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

STILL time to vote!
    Sit down. Be humble.

Asteroids Champion! Breakout Champion!
    vCash
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

To be frank, I wasn't too impressed by Fallen's entry. It certainly wasn't bad, but most of it seemed really generic to me and didn't particularly stand out in what is the final of a big Fan Fiction tournament. The heel has his minions who take out the good guys backstage before their matches, the faces are constantly against the odds. I mean, there's nothing wrong with it, but it's stuff I've seen many times before.

It picked up around the halfway mark. I really liked the finish to Best of the Best and the aftermath. We've seen that kind of controversial call before, but this one felt fresh. It was executed very well. The stipulations by both men are logical and Punk's in particular raises the stakes significantly for the blow-off match. I'll echo WMS' thoughts on the promo. It didn't read like a CM Punk promo to me. The snarkiness and the breaking of kayfabe is there, but it feels forced, especially with the "alllright, I'll let you off the hook" line. His final show is very solid from top to bottom, but I wasn't blown away by the match. I played it out in my mind and I thought it was pretty good, but not great.

I enjoyed AM's entry a lot more. Right off the bat, he introduces a new pro-wrestling universe with a fresh spin on the authority angle and the notable absence of any McMahons. Each match on his card has a great story which all tie in to the Heenan vs Heyman civil war. Steve Austin vs the machine is a winning formula, and while it was done to death in reality, it still feels very fresh here with opponents from more modern times, particularly Brock Lesnar. I like the way Heyman sneaked a clause into the contract. That's the kind of thing the Heyman character would do.

I wasn't fond of the promo and thought it was by far the weakest part of the entry. AM got down the Stone Cold way of talking very nicely, but the content rubbed me the wrong way. It read like Austin was pandering to the crowd, which isn't how Austin generally acts as a babyface. It improved when he started talking trash to Ric Flair, but overall I thought it could have been executed much better. Fortunately, the match was amazing, honestly one of the best I've read. The Stunner right at the start of the match, followed by Heenan breaking up the pin, was a very nice touch. The match was very logical, both wrestlers playing their roles, and the finish was very profound.

Both participants wroke what I thought were fairly weak promos, but I liked AM's story and match a lot more. He gets my vote.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back to back for AM! Congrats!

The Canadian Death Tour
    A very Canadian wrestling story by RT.
    Catch up now and stay tuned for "The Commonwealth Championship," coming soon.

vCash
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations AM, well deserved victory my man.

Tip of the hat to Fallen for making it this far and making it a close fight in the finals.

Last Call

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm honored gentlemen. Now the question, do I coach next year? Or shoot for the three peat?
    Visit prowrestlingiowa.net
    Follow me on Twitter: @1RealSmartAlex
    Wonder what happened to the guy Seth Rollins did a moonsault off of? Follow @OfftheChestTR and listen to "Off the Chest of Timothy Regal"

vCash
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats AM.
    Sit down. Be humble.

Thread Information