Thread: The X-Fictor ~ Discussion Thread

vCash
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The X-Fictor ~ Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by WMS View Post
    I think I had Alpha, Beta, Gamma stuck in my head so that's probably why I've typed Beta. No worry.
    Oh not at all...I think most would because of that...just something I noticed.

vCash
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thread's up. Feedback will be up when I'm able. Your next challenge has already been decided. I'll post that in this thread later tonight, so you can make a start on it and get some advice from your mentors. The feedback will be up before your next challenge is due so that can perhaps give you a helping hand also.
    That's the way she goes. The way she goes.

Last Call

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just out of curiousity, is draft order a secret?

vCash
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you want to know when you were drafted, ask your mentor. They can choose whether they want to tell you.

vCash
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, here's your next challenge.

STAGE ONE ~ THE PROMO

SO, YOU THINK YOU CAN PROMO?

YOUR OBJECTIVE ~ You are to cut a promo using one of the three scenarios I, RT and PB have devised. You have the options of three different characters, all with three different motives. You may find that you find certain scenarios more difficult than the other - you have free reign over which works best for you. As long as you stick to your chosen scenario and whatever backstory supports it, we're satisfied. The three scenarios are as follows...

THE PUNK SCENARIO CM Punk stuns the wrestling and MMA world when he returns to WWE television one night after WrestleMania 32. Having narrowly lost in his one and only MMA contest thus far, what are Punk's reasons for returning at this time? Who is/are his targets? How long is he back for? Is he acting heelish at all? You have a lot of creative control here. Make it meaningful.

THE HEYMAN SCENARIO At Wrestlemania 32 we witnessed The Undertaker get laid to rest for good by Brock Lesnar in one of the most brutal battles in WWE history. The following night on Raw, Brock Lesnar stands in the ring beside Paul Heyman, who unleashes possibly his best promo to date.

THE BRYAN SCENARIO Daniel Bryan returns from injury. Halfway through his comeback match Triple H comes out and stops the match. He received a recent report from the WWE's medical staff and for Daniel's own safety, he's stopping the match. Over the next few weeks it emerges that Triple H paid off a doctor to say Bryan wasn't healthy because he didn't want him back. BOOM, the Bryan/Authority angle is back on. Fast forward a few months, Bryan is leading a team against The Authority at Survivor Series as the conclusion to this multi-year angle. If Team Bryan wins, the authority is gone for good. It's the go-home Raw - Bryan has a chance to stand in the ring for his final promo before Survivor Series. Write it.

ADDENDUM ~ Send your cards to WMS via PM. You have 10 days. The deadline is the midnight of Monday September 28 - GMT time. No entries sent after this time will be accepted. In the time leading to your deadline, your respective mentor will post advice on what to and not to do to help you with this task.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do the coaches review our entry before we submit it to you, or are there just going to be general do's and don't's?

vCash
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to PM my group now telling them what I'm offering.

s u r r e n d e r

***Take part in PW's Match of the Year 2016 Tournament in the Wide World of Wrestling**
    http://forums.prowrestling.com/showt...53#post4407453

Last Call

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm glad that was an audition round. Because fuck anyone who didn't book Zayn/Owens or Reigns and Ambrose.

My logic with Graves as the authority was that it makes no sense to me to have the NEXT GENERATION booked by someone over 50. Graves was the only young person who made sense to me.

I also thought both titles should have been on the line. It doesn't make sense to unify the two main titles the first time they butt heads. This way there are multiple high quality main events for awhile. Two good matches with the implied promise of Owens/Zayn to unify the titles down the road was more interesting to me.

vCash
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really, fuck anyone that didn't do what you did? Okay then.

vCash
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was offering feedback on how I would have went about things and what I thought worked and didn't work. No fuck you or fuck anybody about it. I was offering my views on how it should be booked. How should I have gone about it? It's exactly how I approached my reviews the last three competitions for similar tasks.

Of course, you've got a history of being precious about the smallest of things so I'm not surprised you didn't see that.

Last Call

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually Fallen, I wasn't saying fuck anybody who didn't do it my way. I was actually saying that I felt Wisey was telling us all to do the same thing.

I don't really understand your dig, Wisey, about me being precious. I just thought you criticized everyone who didn't book Owens/Zayn and everyone who didn't have Reigns and Ambrose on their card. I'll shut up though.

vCash
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AM View Post
    Actually Fallen, I wasn't saying fuck anybody who didn't do it my way. I was actually saying that I felt Wisey was telling us all to do the same thing.

I don't really understand your dig, Wisey, about me being precious. I just thought you criticized everyone who didn't book Owens/Zayn and everyone who didn't have Reigns and Ambrose on their card. I'll shut up though.
    I'm 99% sure Fallen was referring to me, and in turn, I was responding to Fallen.

Or at least that's what I took from that post. Perhaps he misinterpreted your post, and I then misinterpreted his. It's the internet, it's not the first time words have been misconstrued. Maybe we both should have used "reply with quote". I'm too lazy.

I appreciate your justification. I offered my justification. If Fallen was referring to me, I'd like to see justification on his card's part.

For further justification, take a look at my feedback for task one from last year's Ultimate Fic'er. I gave criticism on matches I didn't think should have been booked on the card, and offered alternatives as perhaps better ideas. That doesn't mean they're better, it's just what I, the judge, view as being more logical. And logic is what I base my feedback on in such cases. None of this is personal.

Space Invaders Champion! Hexxagon Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2

vCash
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you can't handle a little criticism why even sign up for this? I was told to change 95% of my card and I'm using it to improve (hopefully). Though I would like to turn out that calling Bull Dempsey a joke character appeared to miss the fact that I have a guy named "Bull" getting roped. That match was thrown in pretty much as a joke.
    If all of mankind minus one were of of one opinion, and only one person of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
    -John Stuart Mill

vCash
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Slug View Post
    If you can't handle a little criticism why even sign up for this? I was told to change 95% of my card and I'm using it to improve (hopefully). Though I would like to turn out that calling Bull Dempsey a joke character appeared to miss the fact that I have a guy named "Bull" getting roped. That match was thrown in pretty much as a joke.
    Thank you. I was shitty to this guy right here more than anyone in this stage and he's taken it on the chin. I'll see better from him with the promo as a result.

I missed the Bull thing. That works as a segment, I guess. I have a tendency to skim read. When I'm given nine entries, I do rush a little with my reading.

vCash
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WMS View Post
    I'm 99% sure Fallen was referring to me, and in turn, I was responding to Fallen.

Or at least that's what I took from that post. Maybe we both should have used "reply with quote". I'm too lazy.

I appreciate your justification. I offered my justification. If Fallen was referring to me, I'd like to see justification on his card's part.

For further justification, take a look at my feedback for task one from last year's Ultimate Fic'er. I gave criticism on matches I didn't think should have been booked on the card, and offered alternatives as perhaps better ideas. That doesn't mean they're better, it's just what I, the judge, view as being more logical. And logic is what I base my feedback on in such cases. None of this is personal.
    I was not referring to you. The world does not revolve around you. I took AM's quote to mean exactly how it looked. I thought he was referring to "US" as the people auditioning. I read my feedback and glanced at most of the others, but I don't really care what you said about the others personally. I was in agreement with your analysis and you were right on with the change. Sometimes, things are actually as they look. Thanks for the shot. It doesn't come unexpectedly, surprised it's taken this long. Shall I just fold the tent up now? (That would be taking things, as you say, preciously).

vCash
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    I was not referring to you. The world does not revolve around you. I took AM's quote to mean exactly how it looked. I thought he was referring to "US" as the people auditioning. I read my feedback and glanced at most of the others, but I don't really care what you said about the others personally. I was in agreement with your analysis and you were right on with the change. Sometimes, things are actually as they look. Thanks for the shot. It doesn't come unexpectedly, surprised it's taken this long. Shall I just fold the tent up now? (That would be taking things, as you say, preciously).
    Fair enough. That makes two of us who were mistaken, no harm doing. I'll admit I took your comment the wrong way. I'll also be more careful to use reply with quote in future to avoid any more confusion.

Just over a week for you guys to work on your promo. Remember to get in touch with your mentor if you want any tips on how to avoid me poo-pooing on your work. Maybe we can get to stage two with zero eliminations.

Last Call

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can take criticism just fine. I strongly didn't agree with you saying Ryback and Corbin would be AIDs or however you put it, but I respected that was your opinion. I just was pretty surprised that I thought you essentially said everyone should've booked Owens/Zayn with a stip and you must have Reigns and Ambrose on your card. But I'm really done now. It's way too early for salt.

Tetris Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

vCash
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wanted to do something different which is why I personally left Ambrose and Reigns off my card. Looking through my feedback points a lot of stuff out though. I totally should have teamed Breeze and Miz up and i'm slightly embarrassed that I didn't see that.

Plenty to learn and i'm looking forward to cutting my teeth on the promo, I know what I want to express, just have to see how it goes.

A ton and a half of credit to Rad for this superb artwork

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    It's so nice knowing i'm no longer alone

I <3 JESUS

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Things always get real during Fan Fic' competitions.

I was hoping someone would scrap WMS' backstory and go with an idea that the Invasion silently began a few years ago when the Shield invaded WWE and all of these NXT call-ups (Wyatts, Bo, Neville, Owens) were all sleeper agents for NXT and whoever was running it (I have no problem with HHH being that guy because it's been real clear that NXT was his thing). Would have liked to see a Shield reunion to take on Cena, Rock, Orton and an odd pairing of Wyatt/Bo taking on Taker/Kane. Maybe Vince has a crazy moment and enlists his arch-nemesis Austin to come back for a street fight with Owens. And of course Joe/Lesnar. IDK just something I would have laid down dollar bills to see.

Oh and guys don't forget that aside from 2-3 people... No one will remember that you won this eight years from now so don't be a jerk to someone you post with every day for the sake of a competition. I say this from a lot of bad experience. Just have fun and if you're not then do yourself a favor and take a step back. good luck to all of you.
    Follower of Christ.

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

KJ, just wanted to say, your audition entry was absolutely superb. Loved it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't believe I forgot to put a Women's match!

Big thanks to Surrender!

PW Accolades

Spoiler

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kemis. View Post
    KJ, just wanted to say, your audition entry was absolutely superb. Loved it.
    Thanks buddy, appreciate the kind words.

I think everyone just needs to chill. You signed up for a contest based on one man's opinion -- there's no reason to freak the fuck out when he gives advice. I think his advice was fair. Some I agreed with, some I didn't, but all constructive none the less.

[π: WWPID?] ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

vCash
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just received our first entry. Remember not to leave it late!

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So far only one of my group has bounced an idea off me. My team is so confident they don't even want my help.

vCash
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All five of mine have been in touch with me. I must be the down to earth and approachable mentor.

s u r r e n d e r

***Take part in PW's Match of the Year 2016 Tournament in the Wide World of Wrestling**
    http://forums.prowrestling.com/showt...53#post4407453

Thread Information