Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The Fed Thread

vCash
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The Fed Thread

It was a gradual evolution. There were a lot of pivot points, Goldust's debut in 95, Diesel's shades of grey in 96, Austin 3:16 at KOR 96, Pillman's got a gun, ECW invading Raw, Shotgun Saturday Night, Bret snaps on Vince after the cage match with Sid(This is BULLSHIT!), Bret vs Austin at Mania XIII. The evolution got turned up in the Summer of 97, from June to July to August things evolved into Attitude, after Summerslam 97 it was on big time. So I'd put the end of the NG era at Summerslam 97, and I'd say from September 97 to Summerslam or Survivor Series 98 to me was the golden age of the Attitude Era.

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ever since the craptasticness of Mania 32, and after watching such gems as IX, XI, 27, etc. I've been considering doing a small revisionist project starting from the first Mania and ending at 33. For the sake of authenticity, has anyone tried this before? I keep reading these cards and thinking "I could do this better" (even X-7) and have so many ideas in my head, but I kind of don't want to commit to this if someone else has already tried it before.

WCW - A Wrestling Wiki \\ WWE - Smackdown vs. Raw (w/The Dazz)
    "If Shakespeare was alive today he would be writing wrestling shows." - Chris Jericho

vCash
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do it Rad, I haven't seen anything like that that I can remember. Sounds like a fun read.

vCash
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PI View Post
    When is the New Generation Era considered to have ended?
    Shin did a pretty good job explaining it.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiMusashi View Post
    It was a gradual evolution. There were a lot of pivot points, Goldust's debut in 95, Diesel's shades of grey in 96, Austin 3:16 at KOR 96, Pillman's got a gun, ECW invading Raw, Shotgun Saturday Night, Bret snaps on Vince after the cage match with Sid(This is BULLSHIT!), Bret vs Austin at Mania XIII. The evolution got turned up in the Summer of 97, from June to July to August things evolved into Attitude, after Summerslam 97 it was on big time. So I'd put the end of the NG era at Summerslam 97, and I'd say from September 97 to Summerslam or Survivor Series 98 to me was the golden age of the Attitude Era.
    I'm not too wrapped up on when exactly these eras begin and end but, for the sake of providing an answer, I've always decided to make Wrestlemania 13 the line of demarcation between New Gen and Attitude.

there's a self ulterior motive here in that if I can get you to agree with me that WMXIV is the final cutoff point, then I can possibly push to have you keep rebooking all the way up to that point.
    Nice try but I am definitely not going that far. I have everything planned out through April or May '97. I MAY go to Summerslam '97. But that is the absolute final cutoff. And I really mean it this time! I have no real desire to write Attitude Era-style stuff. Heels vs. heels, a bunch of shitty stables nobody cares about, and (ugh) tweeners. No thanks. Plus I'm not sure I can improve on the greatness of the Hart Foundation/Canadian Stampede. Some things are better left alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    I kind of don't want to commit to this if someone else has already tried it before.
    We had a fun Rebook a Wrestlemania thread in History of Wrestling. http://forums.prowrestling.com/showt...ghlight=rebook If nothing else, it might give you a few ideas.

vCash
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also got to mention the E-C-DUB chants at King of the Ring 95 during the main event. That was when WWE became aware of ECW, the rest is history.

vCash
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm telling you all right now, someway, somehow, WWE is going to steal some of my upcoming ideas. And at the rate I'm moving right now, they'll beat me to it.

Big thanks to Surrender!

PW Accolades

Spoiler

vCash
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've fallen to the second page.

Where's my motivation?!?

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The new project of mine is coming along nicely. Still in the planning stages, though I'm hoping to have something up next week, even if its just some hype/build up posts.
    Thanks to Rad for the awesome banner!

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Once in a while (but not often enough) I like to give updates on WCW & ECW in my WWF btb's universe. I used to go way more in depth, especially back in the earlier stages of the project. Out of pure boredom and curiosity to see where I could have certain things, I came up with the cards for ECW November 2 Remember 1997 and WCW Starrcade 1997 that are, again, set in this universe. Kind of makes me want to do a side project of how WCW & ECW turned out based on the way I've run WWF.

ECW November 2 Remember 1997 - Monaca, PA - 11/30/1997
    1. Shane Douglas [c] vs. Bam Bam Bigelow - ECW World Heavyweight Championship
    2. Taz [c] vs. Rob Van Dam - ECW World Television Championship
    3. The Sandman vs. Sabu - Stairway To Hell Match
    4. Dudley Boyz [c] vs. Chair Swingin' Freaks vs. The Gangstaz - ECW World Tag Team Championships
    5. Chris Candido & Lance Storm vs. Doug Furnas & Philip LaFon
    6. Big Dick Dudley vs. Little Spike Dudley
    7. Mikey Whipwreck vs. Justin Credible
    8. Jerry Lynn vs. Tommy Rogers

WCW Starrcade 1997 - Washington DC - 12/27/1997
    1. Hollywood Hulk Hogan [c] vs. Sting - WCW World Heavyweight Championship
    2. Macho Man Randy Savage vs. Diamond Dallas Page - Loser Leaves Town
    3. The Outsiders [c] vs. Steiner Brothers - WCW World Tag Team Championships
    4. Curt Hennig [c] vs. Raven - WCW United States Championship
    5. Goldberg vs. The Giant
    6. Rey Mysterio, Jr [c] vs. Chris Jericho - WCW Cruiserweight Championship
    7. Lord Steven Regal [c] vs. Booker T - WCW Television Championship
    8. Lex Luger vs. Buff Bagwell
    9. Larry Zybszko vs. Eric Bischoff - Control of WCW Nitro
    10. Kensuke Sasaki [c] vs. Scott Norton - IWGP Heavyweight Championship

vCash
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still soldiering on with my little fictional universe that refuses to die! This week's Raw is LIVE on "The New TNN", because WE'VE GOT POP! Raunchy, tasteless, offensive, immature, exploitative Attitude Era style sports entertainment just the way you like it, plenty of tits and ass, violence, and a historic confrontation with Hollywood Hogan, Kevin Nash, and Scott Hall face to face with Vince Mcmahon. Is the NWO back in black? Find out tonight on Raw! Plus, Chris Jericho in action, and THREE titles on the line! WWF Womens Champion "The Female Fighting Force" Jazz defends her belt against former champion Jacqueline. The Unified World Tag Titles are on the line when Mike Awesome and Jeff Hardy take on their bitter rivals Matt Hardy & Justin Credible! And in the main event, Paul Bearer's Corpse Grinder, the indestructible Rhyno gets a shot at Edge's WWF Intercontinental Championship!

You can get caught up with the "Quick Results" reference in the first post of the thread with all of the results of every show I wrote going back into the 2001 WWF Buyout all the way up to this most recent Raw(spoiler alert!). And don't forget to check out the updated "websites" for each of the three promotions in this alternative universe, ECW, WWF, and WCW "websites" split up into three separate posts on the first page, complete title histories, roster, schedule, general info, etc. Just click the logo to go to the website:

Click the picture to go directly to the "page" for that promotion

My WWF is in the position now where I'm several weeks away from their next PPV, I wouldn't say I'm in filler mode with it but it's a period where I want to spend time establishing some of the characters to set things up. So this Raw show wasn't a big home run or anything, the big daddy coming up is the next episode of WCW Smackdown. WCW is two weeks out from Souled Out on pay per view, things have been building and growing with this side of my project and it's finally up to the point where things get really fun to write. I'm really looking forward to this next Smackdown, and then the ECW Uncensored will be another good one as it's the 5 year anniversary special for Barely Legal, the charter enshrinees for the ECW Hall of Fame will be announced, some big moments, great shit on the way. I did change up my format slightly starting with this Raw show, nothing major but I trimmed down all of the summaries and recaps and altered the match summary to shorten it up a little. Next big show is WCW Souled Out!

Presents....

Live on PPV Sunday night April 21st @ The Kemper Arena in Kansas City

Card so far(subject to change):

WCW World Heavyweight Championship
    Rob Van Dam(C) vs Triple H

vs

Unsanctioned No Disqualification Match
    Booker T vs The Undertaker

WCW United States Heavyweight Championship
    Jason Reso(C) vs ???

WCW/WWF Unified World Tag Team Championship
    Mike Awesome & Jeff Hardy(C) vs ???

WCW/WWF Unified World Cruiserweight Championship
    Yoshihiro Tajiri(C) vs ???

Plus, the WCW debut of former NCAA Wrestling Champion, "The Next Big Thing" Brock Lesnar

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am looking to do a modern WWE BTB, which will start just after the Extreme Rules PPV and coincide with a WWE Draft that will take place the night before MITB. Two questions!

1. Should I split the World Titles up right away and bring back the BIG GOLD BELT for Smackdown or should I keep the Undisputed Champion available for both shows like the original draft in 2002 did?

2. Also, if anyone is interested in doing this with me I will run Raw(as Shane O'Mac) of course, with the other running Smackdown(with HHH & Stephanie in charge)? If not I can work out doing both of these broadcasts, but NXT would be more recap of what happened and the two main shows will be less in depth. PPVs will remain fully complete though.

This is also my first venture at a modern WWE btb so bare with me a little bit here guys. I have done a TNA one but it was definitely much more fantasy based than reality and I have also done past ones like WWF in the 80s and 90s, as well as my most famous work with World Championship Wrestling in the year 1999 and 2000.

I <3 JESUS

vCash
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do one champion. The WWEWHC is an undrafted wrestler. In the event that he loses the title he goes to the brand of the person that beats him. Alternate monthly which brand has the #1 contender. When a brand is not competing for the title their big angle could be deciding a contender. Biggest downside though is the possibility of no continuation of feuds past one match or a long feud on one brand with minor feuds from another brand peppered in.
    Follower of Christ.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Jeff, one major title over the both shows would be a great thing to see. One show has the title match on the PPV while the other has a battle of the number one contenders spot. Yeah it could hinder long feuds over titles and what not but there are ways you could make it work, just be creative.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been thinking of doing another fed. I have not written in my last one since August/September of last year. I have a couple ideas, but most of them (not all of them) are more geared toward wrestling during 1999-2004 ish and wrestlers from that era. I have about four different ideas floating around......if anybody is interested in doing a split, pm me. Like I said, not all of my ideas are based on that time period. I just find Fan Fic to be more fun when I'm basing it around that time.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RIH View Post
    I've been thinking of doing another fed. I have not written in my last one since August/September of last year. I have a couple ideas, but most of them (not all of them) are more geared toward wrestling during 1999-2004 ish and wrestlers from that era. I have about four different ideas floating around......if anybody is interested in doing a split, pm me. Like I said, not all of my ideas are based on that time period. I just find Fan Fic to be more fun when I'm basing it around that time.
    A split would be tempting... depending on the type, dunno if a simple Raw\Smackdown split would interest me these days... if it was something like WWE/NXT or WCW/ECW or TNA/WWE thart would definitely be more interesting...

≡≡≡≡|≡≡≡≡

vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If anyone can recommend a guaranteed cure for hangovers, I promise that I'll start a drunk revisionist history thread.
    : 04/02/11}:forever&always
    ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
    http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=121686

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If anyone can recommend a guaranteed cure for hangovers, I promise that I'll start a drunk revisionist history thread.
    Bout half an hour before you go to bed pound some water, a decent amount not just one glass... always works for me!

≡≡≡≡|≡≡≡≡

vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Solid Mike View Post
    Bout half an hour before you go to bed pound some water, a decent amount not just one glass... always works for me!
    Never works. You must drink like achump. But what else would one expect from an African Australian.

Also... just found my emergency stash of Coors banquets in the deli drawer in the fridge. Might seem like a retrogression from the IPAs I was just pounding... but fuck it. Work tomorrow would've given me a headache anyway.

vCash
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hangovers are always best served at work. No reason you should suffer on your own time.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm an Australian/African we don't drink like chumps, hell our mid strength beer has more kick in it than most foreign full strengths!

≡≡≡≡|≡≡≡≡

vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Solid Mike View Post
    I'm an Australian/African we don't drink like chumps, hell our mid strength beer has more kick in it than most foreign full strengths!
    Ok, Fosters. Just know we're both hanging 8" flaccid at minimum. Actually, minimum for you... you outback jungle king. More like fully erect for me. Fuck Trump and Tom Cruise. Aboriginees .

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, Fosters. Just know we're both hanging 8" flaccid at minimum. Actually, minimum for you... you outback jungle king. More like fully erect for me. Fuck Trump and Tom Cruise. Aboriginees .
    I think that is the best response to something I've said here on PW, like ever!

vCash
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why has no one started a fed yet based on the fact that Conor McGregor just followed Stephanie, Triple H and Becky Lynch on twitter? I have so many ideas and no time to write them.

s u r r e n d e r

***Take part in PW's Match of the Year 2016 Tournament in the Wide World of Wrestling**
    http://forums.prowrestling.com/showt...53#post4407453

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Why has no one started a fed yet based on the fact that Conor McGregor just followed Stephanie, Triple H and Becky Lynch on twitter? I have so many ideas and no time to write them.
    Everyone should collectively stare, point and chant "shame" at Shinobi for each second that goes by of him not writing McGregor into the WWE... or you for that matter.

I want Lesnar vs. McGregor dammit!

WCW - A Wrestling Wiki \\ WWE - Smackdown vs. Raw (w/The Dazz)
    "If Shakespeare was alive today he would be writing wrestling shows." - Chris Jericho

vCash
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Breaking news: Dario Cueto signs Conor Mcgregor to Lucha Underground!

Thread Information