Thread: PW Fan Fic' Hall of Fame Class of 2015

I <3 JESUS

vCash
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default PW Fan Fic' Hall of Fame Class of 2015

Gentlemen, please welcome our two newest posters into the Hall of Fame... WMS and PB!

Use this thread to post your memories and favorite moments of these two amazing posters. We will use this same thread for an induction ceremony next weekend. In the meantime, WMS and PB, you guys can start working on a induction speech (don't have to) and if you would like someone to induct you, please either contact them directly to have them do it or get with me (soon) so that I can do that for you. Need everything back from you by sometime next Friday.

Congratulations! Welcome to the Hall, you both deserve it.
    † Follower of Christ. †

vCash
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: PW Fan Fic' Hall of Fame Class of 2015

I'm honoured to be the newest member of a prestigious HOF. I've spent the last six years dedicating time and effort to Fan Fic, so to get a nod like this makes me proud. It's a really cool achievement - thanks guys.

Gonna write my speech later in the week. I already have in mind who I want to induct me.
    Man of the world.

OG Kid

Both of you guys are deserving. So, so deserving. I'm happy for both of you. The way WMS started his modship was so difficult, because he had so much to prove. Especially to people like me who didn't know who he was and why he became a mod. He ended up being one of the best people I have ever met here and one of my many defenders. A good human being always deserves the praise. I also hope he could come to NY one day so we could chill. I would make girls really believe he was Ryan Gosling, because I'm good like that.

PB may have been one of the most underrated Fan Ficers ever. His writing was always good and his split with WP proved both men were awesome. He never needed to be the main guy in the spotlight, yet he always managed to do his thing.

I'm happy for the both of you as you've also been mods of this forum and if you mod this forum (minus Crimson), then you deserve to be in the HOF. Congratulations to both gentlemen.

vCash
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to the club. There's beer in the fridge, snacks along the back wall and naked pictures of Greg's sister on the coffee table.

[π: WWPID?] ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Jericho View Post
    Welcome to the club. There's beer in the fridge, snacks along the back wall and naked pictures of Greg's sister on the coffee table.
    There's been snacks the whole time? WHY WAS I NOT INFORMED?

vCash
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You keep going to the bathroom with the pictures ...

[π: WWPID?] ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'M DOING RESEARCH.

vCash
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is great. Big props to WMS and PB, very well deserved honor here. There is something special about this sub forum here, it's a great little writing circle and a great community of wrestling fans. I fell in love with this place in the beginning, WMS and PB are a very big part of it. Congrats guys.

vCash
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's not two more deserving posters. They were far and away the most deserving of the un-inducted to finally get the nod. They are two people I respect, like and admire greatly and I'm so happy for both of them. This may be the internet, but Fan Fiction has been and still is a part of our lives. To get that nod of recognition from your peers is amazing, and entirely well deserved.

Me and Wisey have been friendly virtually ever since I started posting here. We have similar interests in the style of professional wrestling we like and the guys we enjoy watching. Whenever I've needed a shoulder to cry on as I rewrite something for the fourth time or need some advice/critiquing, he is always there. I've lost count of the amount of stuff I've sent to him to get his thoughts, his imput I appreciate highly. Above being a Fan Fiction MVP for years, both in terms of writing and running this forum, he's an awesome bloke. I've had the pleasure of meeting, and go out drinking with him, something I hope we get to do again soon. He's a top bloke in real life and well deserving of this nod, I appreciate his friendship, his work, his dedication to the section. His life may have gotten busier over the past couple of years, but he'll never leave this section in the lurch, that much I know for sure.

I can't say I'm as close to PB, but my respect and admiration is just as high. PB tends to keep himself to himself, but like Wisey, will lend a helpful ear. I've sent some snapshots of my work to him over the years because I value his opinion and whilst his legacy you'd have thought would be LEGACY, I believe as much as that, his legacy will be one of the most fair and committed moderators we've had. Even when he was travelling, or having stuff going on out of here, he always checked in. He never ran away from his responsibilities. He's never got into arguments, at least not to my knowledge, and that's difficult in a forum where there are ego's. Hell, I've been in more arguments, at least in my formative years, than PB has been in conversations!

Two well-tuned guys, respected by all, admired by all, for both their writing and their contributions to this forum's continued health. The forum may go through its downtimes, but it's these guys stewardship, along with RT, which has helped this forum survive and continue to evolve and flourish.

Fan Fic HOF Class 1

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    I'M DOING RESEARCH.
    Vigorous research...
    The Phenom of Fan Fiction.
    Cheers to KustoM for the banner.

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain...

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there a list of all the past hall of fame winners anywhere? I have not been around enough in the past few years to remember when the original was.

vCash
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Check out our archives!
    Man of the world.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I looked at it before I posted

vCash
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man of the world.

OG Kid

I just read the comments on my HOF entry and it could bring a gangsta kid to tears.

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations to a very great friend of mine, WMS for getting this nod. Same goes for PB, minus the very..and great.....quite possibly friend part

Commitment to Excellence ORaider27's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's been many years since I've posted a review. In my early days on PW, I used to frequent Fan Fic to read feds by Holzhammer, JTJ, KJ, Jay Lethal, P1 and RT, among others. While I personally never wrote a fed, I do like to write and know how difficult that can be. I've always lurked more than posted except in certain forums.

Being recognized by your peers as one of the best is an honor like few others. PW has tremendously talented writers and I have spent countless hours on here reading and enjoying their work. Congratulations to both WMS and PB as well as all the previous inductees. The honor is much deserved. Thank you all for your hard work and the many hours of enjoyment that I have had reading your feds.
    Insei makes the best banners and avs
    "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all."
    "It is the responsibility of intellectuals to speak the truth and expose lies."
    Both quotes by Noam Chomsky
    "We are all Africans." -- Richard Dawkins
    Sports Empire HOF 2008 PW HOF 2015

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Gentlemen, please welcome our two newest posters into the Hall of Fame... WMS and PB!

Use this thread to post your memories and favorite moments of these two amazing posters. We will use this same thread for an induction ceremony next weekend. In the meantime, WMS and PB, you guys can start working on a induction speech (don't have to) and if you would like someone to induct you, please either contact them directly to have them do it or get with me (soon) so that I can do that for you. Need everything back from you by sometime next Friday.

Congratulations! Welcome to the Hall, you both deserve it.
    Is this still happening? Psyched to see these guys get into the HOF and read their inductions and award speeches. Any news?

@SaveUsWP

Quote Originally Posted by RT
    "Will is so British, I don't even believe he is British. He just fits the stereotype so well, it's ridiculous."

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WP View Post
    Is this still happening? Psyched to see these guys get into the HOF and read their inductions and award speeches. Any news?
    Nothing?

@SaveUsWP

"Will is so British, I don't even believe he is British. He just fits the stereotype so well, it's ridiculous."

I <3 JESUS

vCash
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I posted in another thread that I would have something up this week...
    † Follower of Christ. †

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    I posted in another thread that I would have something up this week...
    Cheers for clarifying. Missed the other post in the other thread, obviously. Excited to see the end result!

@SaveUsWP

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Huge congratulations to both inductees, the right men won as far as I'm concerned. Both of them are as much the foundation of fan fiction as any member and their contributions, both in writing and as moderators, have helped kept this section a great place to be.

I <3 JESUS

vCash
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gentlemen, today we gather to remember and honor the Fan Fiction careers of two of the finest men to ever do what we do by inducting them and their work into the Fan Fic’ Hall of Fame. Though this is the third class induction, it would be a disservice to both to say that they are anything less than first class. Both have moderated this forum, both are multiple award winning writers, and in-general both are just stand-out individuals. It has been an honor to write alongside them, know them, and watch them both grow and develop into Hall of Fame writers. Today, we honor and remember WMS and PB.

- Forum Moderator -
    - Fan Fiction MVP -
    - Multiple Power 10 Winner -

Shinobi – “A wise man named Miyamoto Musashi once said, "Think lightly of yourself and think deeply of the world”. If there is one guy that I've crossed paths with on the internet that is the quintessence of that state of mind, it would be the man that I am here today to induct into the PW Fan Fiction Hall of Fame: WMS. You know, when I look back to when I first came here to PW back in late 2011, it's almost hard for me to believe that I've been regularly posting on this forum for going on 4 years now. We have been through a lot together over the years. When I think about it now, when I realize how this message board is like my little home, my little hideaway on the internet, it all goes back to when WMS interviewed me for his 20 Questions article that he was running regularly at the time. When WMS sent me the interview I had only been posting on PW for like 6 months and I was suffering from panic attacks in real life. He asked some questions in that interview that hit close to home. I was able to get some things off my chest that I really needed to get off and I think it had a great effect on me on many levels looking back now because I never had another panic attack again. So WMS was like my Dr. Melfi and he didn't even know it. I got to know him well after that and became a massive fan of his writing through his 2012-2013 NWA Resurrection project, a fan fiction that remains one of my all time favorites to this day. WMS as a writer is side by side with RT as my biggest influences. I wouldn't be the writer that I am today without this circle of fan fiction writers here at PW, and a big part of that is WMS, one of the brightest, wisest, most open minded individuals on PW. Guys it is truly an honor to introduce the newest member of the PW Fan Fiction Hall of Fame, a man that really deserved it, a man that I love very much... Wise Man Say.”

- Forum Moderator -
    - Fed of the Year Winner -
    - Multiple Power 10 Winner -

PB – “There's something very funny about writing an induction speech for being entered in a Hall of Fame on a discussion forum, dedicated to fake fighting, for achievements in making up your own stories about said fake fighting. It seems silly, and yet it isn't. It's an honour and it's incredibly meaningful and the reason for that is the community which has been formed here. I'm more private than many of our posters but that doesn't mean I don't truly value the support and the relationships I have developed on PW and in Fan Fiction in particular. I've been a part of this sub forum forever 7 years now. That's longer than any job I've had. That's as long as I spent in high school. That's why this seemingly silly achievement is actually so incredibly meaningful, because this place feels like home. Here's a list of all my feds just for fun. Can you remember more than 2?”

Spoiler

“I don't want to talk too much about myself. I'm proud of both incarnations of Legacy, of RCW, and of the countless feds I started and didn't get going with. I'm also proud of my time as moderator and working alongside first WMS and then RT. I'm thankful to everyone who reviewed shows, helped me with the Power Ten and inspired me during my time in Fan Fiction. Shout-outs go to Kid for being such a great cheerleader during Legacy. To Solid Mike and System for handing out so many reviews. To Holzhammer for always being willing to give advice and constructive criticism. Kemis, Wrestling MVP, Shinobi, RunIn, PI, JJ and countless other guys have helped and inspired me while I've been here, and for brevity's sake I cannot list them all - but there are a few who deserve special recognition.The first is WP. I definitely felt like a valuable member of Fan Fiction before we teamed together, but I don't think I had earned people's respect as a writer yet. So thank-you WP for letting me come on board. Thank you for pushing me to meet deadlines and to commit to a schedule. Thank you for pushing me creatively both by trying to outdo each other and for dropping random wrestlers into the fed and seeing what I came up with. I remember getting excited when I would see a new post in the Legacy thread and I thought Will had posted a show. Instead I would open it up and it would be a hype video fro a new wrestler or for an un-coming pay-per-view. I was very excited, although surprised, when I opened up the thread and there was a hype video for Samoa Joe. We hadn't discussed him bringing Joe in so I wasn't expecting it. What I was expecting even less was the PM I received a few days later asking if I wanted Joe for my roster as he had no plans for him. Sometimes that could be frustrating but it pushed me and boy am I glad. Joe/Punk II was a great moment in Legacy Season 2 and it wouldn't have happened if I was left to my own devices. WP took a real risk by brining me on board. Neither of us had cemented ourselves as serious writers here and it would have made sense to keep his new project for himself. Instead he took a chance on me and it worked out for the best for both of us. If anyone here is considering a split just do it - it will be the best decision you ever made. Will, if there is Wi-Fi in Wales, then I want you to know how grateful I am that you took a chance on me.One split that was a dream come true for me was when I started planning a split with Kid Jericho. It was one of my biggest regrets that we drafted rosters but I couldn't take things to the next step because of time issues. I know for sure that we would have killed it. KJ was part of the moderating team when I first got here and if I'm honest, I found him very intimidating. Sometimes the sense of community that holds a group like this together can be difficult for an outsider coming in and I found the General Discussion here impossible to come to grips with. There were so many inside jokes and big characters that I hadn't a clue how to start fitting in. So KJ intimidated me and I didn't know how to handle him. As I got to know him, however, and got used to his posting style, I realised that there was so much about him that I respected and admired. For starters he was a phenomenal writer. LSW was of such a high quality that is spurred everyone here to do better. Although he never committed to a fed long-term during my time here - everything he did do was of such an incredible standard that you had to take notice. On top of that, he was a natural leader. Yes, he rubbed some people the wrong way, but when he said something he meant and I respected that conviction. I always look to KJ as a mentor both as a writer and then as a moderator. He may not ever have realised I looked to him that way, but I did and I wouldn't have done as much as I did in Fan Fiction if I hadn't been trying to follow in his footsteps.Jeff was someone I instantly liked when I joined Fan Fiction. I loved his attention to detail in his writing and the love and care with which he wrote his characters. Jamie Noble is a favourite wrestler of mine, purely because Jeff made me care so much about him through his writing. I care about tag team wrestling so much because aPw showed me what it could look like done well. I don't hate Kane and Big Show as much as others do because he always booked them well. So when I wrote I wanted to match Jeff's love for details and love for characters. I don't think I came close but I sure tried. Jeff is another poster that I looked up to both as a moderator and a writer. He had such a heart and passion for fan fiction that even though he didn't get it all right, he always gave it his all. It's been a joy to see Jeff change and grow over the years and although it's sad he doesn't post as much as he used to it's great to see him be as fruitful in life as he was in Fan Fiction.WMS is one of my favourite people ever. He really truly is. I was honoured when he asked me to come on board as moderator with him and although he was worn out at that stage, I learned a lot from him. WMS made his rise in Fan Fiction just before I did and so I've always tried to catch up with him. I've failed miserably. There was a time it was maybe close, but where I faded out he just kept going. I think the reason I don't think of one writing project when it comes to WMS isn't down to a lack of quality but an abundance of quality. He has written so many great, indy-type feds that I couldn't list them all. From NWA to ROH to everything else in between, he has proven time and time again what a great writer he is and how well he utilises talent just on the margins of the mainstream. Like Jeff, he makes me care about people I otherwise don't care about. I think Alex Shelley isn't all that as a wrestler, but I care when WMS uses him because WMS' Alex Shelley is better than the real life version. When I realised that I didn't have the time to be able to give Fan Fiction the attention it deserved I wanted RT to make his own decision as to who he would ask to join him. Secretly I was hoping he would ask WMS to take up the job again and I was so happy that he did and that Wise Man accepted. He has really risen to the challenge and although Fan Fiction has had it's challenges recently, WMS has been the MVP ever since he took that job. He cares so much about this place and it shows in everything he does. He's one of the people I respect the most and I am truly honoured to be entering the hall of fame in the same class as him.And then there's Rolling Thunder. When I first joined PW I was a cereal lurker. I joined for somewhere to read wrestling news and such, but when I found Fan Fiction I found it really interesting. It had already started but I opened a thread called New Era Wrestling and started to read it from the beginning. I was absolutely hooked. Everyone remembers their first, and the first fed that introduced me to the joys of Fan Fiction was RT's NEW. It was fantastic and it inspired me to start my own fed. Enter the first incarnation of RCW. It was pretty terrible, but RT gave me a review. The RT. Well if that didn't inspire me to keep going then I don't know what would and so I was hooked. Then RT disappeared for a while and I was heartbroken, but by then I'd gotten into KWF and aPW and The Draft Changes Everything and I felt a part of Fan Fiction life. When RT returned I was among the most excited and he showed us all why by writing more and more quality feds. When WMS stood down as moderator there was only one man I wanted to take his place. I was pretty sure he would say know, but when I opened the Private Message from RT saying that he'd love to come back on board I was elated. The times when RT and I moderated together are my happiest memories of Fan Fiction. I was writing well with Legacy 2 and together we made did some great stuff. More than that though we developed what I thought was a great working relationship and today I am so stoked to call RT, the RT, not just someone who writes awesome fake fighting stories but someone I consider a friend. So thank you Fan Fiction for this honour. I know I'm not around as much anymore, I'm always wanting to change that, but to know that people remember and respect the contributions I've made in this crazy place we call Fan Fiction means a lot.”
    † Follower of Christ. †

I <3 JESUS

vCash
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What can I say about these two that hasn't already been said? I'll say that they are two of my favorite people on this forum. I definitely think that PB is my favorite person to talk to on here (though we rarely talk anymore). I was thrilled to find out all of the things that was happening to PB off the forum and the amazing things he was doing. My first memory of PB was when he called me out for my profanity. I mean, he absolutely told me how stupid it was for me to call myself a Christian and then speak the way that I did. And you know what; he did it privately. He didn't call me out on the forum. And that stuck with me. At first, I was angry. I was so fuming mad I couldn't stand it or stand him. In fact, I despised him for years for it. I justified myself. And now, years later, I'm so blessed to have a friend like him that would do that. He is absolutely an amazing person. As a writer, he is the ONLY person that I would consider coming out of retirement to do a split Fed with. Looking back at all I did when I was in Fan Fic', there are only a few regrets I have: 1) that I didn't listen to critics of my writing and allow them to influence me to change, 2) that I would have finished PoweRaw, and 3) that I did a split with PB. No joke, I get a private message from him tomorrow saying, "Split?" I drop what I'm doing and make that happen. I don't know how Fan Fic' will remember PB. Whether it be his split or his moderating of the forum or something else. I'll just remember him as a good friend. And now I'll also remember him as a fellow Hall of Famer.

And WMS. He is probably the most over person here that I never got to get to know that well. We moderated together. But to be clear, he was basically the one that ran everything when we were a team; I just made some really ridiculous decisions and he made them work. I don't think Fan Fic' would be what it is today had he not been the Moderator that he was. WMS made it work. I have never really been much of a reader of his projects because I was pretty much out the door already when he started really writing. But I'll say this, I've never read anything by him that I didn't absolutely love. WMS is one of the few who can take a character that he likes and make you like him by his ability to write them well. I really wish I would have spent more time talking to him when I had the time and opportunity because he is a clear genius when it comes to writing Fan Fic' and there is so much to learn from him. You know, I think something like 95% of the people who voted for a Hall of Famer voted for WMS and of the current Hall of Famers who inducted WMS/PB, only one of them didn't vote for WMS. That says everything about how WMS is respected by this community.

I couldn't think of two guys that I would have rather seen inducted into the Hall of Fame this year. They are both stand out guys. Congratulations WMS/PB. You two are amazing.
    † Follower of Christ. †

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PB asked me to write a dealie about him for this and it totally slipped my mind. I feel shame.

I'll write something about both guys when I have the time. For now, just know that you guys are both awesome as fuck.

Thread Information