Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PW Fan Fic' Hall of Fame Class of 2015

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: PW Fan Fic' Hall of Fame Class of 2015

I can't begin to tell you have happy I am to these lads go into the Hall of Fame, man. So deserving, such fantastic posters and contributors in their own right.

PB was always the better half of Legacy, even if in my younger, immature days I was blind to it. Working alongside me must have been a nightmare in all honesty, my tastes in wrestling changing constantly, as well as wanting to introduce new ideas within the fic that seemed left-field. The Samoa Joe incident PB talks about is a classic example, but there were a few occasions where I did something similar, and looking back, PB always took it incredibly well and adjusted accordingly. He well and truly kept me in check throughout the whole year we wrote Legacy, and inspired me to write arguably my best work on these boards. Since our split, he has flourished as a writer and a person. His projects following Legacy have all caught my eye, especially the one which was written using images (does that make sense? I'm at work right now, and writing this on the downlow so forgive me for not looking it up). He did a fantastic job as moderator too, always level-headed and earned the respect of everybody, and rightfully so. I'm not ashamed to admit that PB surpassed me as a writer and a member of this community an awful long time ago, and I honestly couldn't be happier or prouder for him. In some ways, I wish my introduction to PW would have come later in life; a split between me and PB at the age I am now, I think could've been something special - I would have been less of a headcase and hassle to deal with too I'm sure! Nevertheless, thank you for everything PB, and major congratulations on this honour.

Then, we have Wise Man Say, good 'ol Ryan. I'm not entirely sure how me and Ryan hit it off truth be told, my memory often fails me, but I am sure glad we did. The guy was a Godsend during my ill-fated moderating period, always trying to help me out and going to bat for me even in times when I really, really didn't deserve it. His writing is truly second to none, much like Jeff, I can't name of project of his I didn't enjoy reading. Ryan is so cool, so suave, so laid back, but was so damn good at running this place also, and could put his foot down where required. We often mention how one day we'll meet up off the boards, and one day I honestly hope we do. I'd love to see how long I could last drinking Jagerbombs, Aftershock and God knows what else with the guy! We don't talk as frequently as we used to, of which I'm mostly to blame due to my busy life and self-imposed exodus away from here these days, but I often check in with him on Facebook and Twitter, the the guy's Snapchat stories never fail to raise a smile. We'll grab that drink one day buddy, and I'll be able to tell you all this in person; even if it raises an eyebrow from strangers around us in the pub/club.

Once again, congratulations to the both of you. You guys rock.

@SaveUsWP

Quote Originally Posted by RT
    "Will is so British, I don't even believe he is British. He just fits the stereotype so well, it's ridiculous."

vCash
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the kind words gents. I apologise for the giant block of text, but the forums are so messed up I can't even hit enter.

s u r r e n d e r

***Take part in PW's Match of the Year 2016 Tournament in the Wide World of Wrestling**
    http://forums.prowrestling.com/showt...53#post4407453

vCash
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry for the huge delay in acknowledging this, gents. I read it last week while I was away and I wanted to give a speech of my own once I felt I had proper time to dedicate something worthwhile. So, without further adieu...

"It's a true honour to be recognised as a member of the Fan Fiction Hall of Fame, a class filled with elite posters, not only in Fan Fiction but on the whole of PW. I'm proud to have been acknowledged for my efforts in Fan Fiction over the years - the past six years I've dedicated here have flown by, they really have. I wouldn't change a thing, though. Not even the hundreds of PMs in my inbox from Greg. Half of those six years, I have spent moderating this forum and I truly think that we've grown in that time. We've certainly became more respected by the rest of PW, that's for sure, and it's down to all of you guys. You've been a pleasure to moderate - I can count on one hand how many real warnings/bannings I've had to make here in three years of moderating. You guys have made the job so easy and so worthwhile - thank you for that. As a writer, I've grown too. I always enjoyed trying to make stars out of guys that were never true superstars - it's no secret that I had a writing hard-on for Alex Shelley, Austin Aries, Paul London and Brian Kendrick - four indie guys that helped give me a reputation here as "Mr. Indy". Between all the feds I've attempted, I'd liked to think I succeeded in making those guys stars in your eyes and that was so very fun and worthwhile to do. Nothing will beat how much fun I had writing NWA: Resurrection - that was genuinely the best time I've had as a writer here. My peak if you will. Nothing I do from now will top it. I'd like to thank everyone who helped me by reading and commenting that fic. And I'd like to share some other thanks too...

Firstly, I'd like to thank Shinobi for his touching, flattering induction speech. I chose Shinobi to induct me because mainly I believe he's been my biggest supporter as a writer in the past couple of years, but truth be told I could have also chosen a few others - I'll get to that later. I also chose him because he's someone I feel close to and have so much respect for as a person and as a poster. I think he knows me as well as any other poster on these boards, even those I've met in person. For me, Shinobi has been the heartbeat of Fan Fiction ever since he signed up in December 2011. Imagine the state of Fan Fiction today without his works and contributions over the past three and a half years? It's a scary thought isn't it? Yes, I fully accept that we're nowhere near as busy as we were a decade or so ago, but without Shinobi's two terrific ECW fictions, this place may have gone down the same path as Arts & Graphics. There's two other reasons we didn't follow that fate - PB & RT.

I was so happy PB joined me in the Hall of Fame - he's an absolute class act and is a guy who has conducted himself in the correct manner since day one. He has always been an "old head on young shoulders" and his work as a moderator was second to none, too. If he didn't have such a busy social life, I genuinely think PB would have been a Super Mod here. I know, based on conversations I've had with fellow PW posters, that I'm not alone in that thought. The best decision I ever made on PW was asking Amanda to moderate PB. Once again, I dread to think where Fan Fiction would be today if it wasn't for the time PB carried us on his back. When he stepped down as mod and RT asked me if I'd like to take his place, I felt massive pressure to carry on the fantastic job he had done for so many years - I'd like to think I've done him proud. Reading what he had to say about me in my speech, I'm touched that he thinks so highly of me, I truly am. PB, you set the bar so high man - I'm glad I could reach it. As a writer, I still think he's underrated, irrespective of the (deserved) praise he gets for Legacy, and I think it's between him and The Kid for who wrote my favourite CM Punk. PB really seemed to master the art of a CM Punk promo which isn't the easiest of tasks to do. PB, here's to making it to the Hall, buddy - we belong. It's a true privilege to be inducted in the same class as you.

On to RT, he's one of the funniest fuckers I know and his return to PW and Fan Fic was an absolute blessing. His dedication and commitment to this place given how busy a personal life he leads is nothing short of amazing. It's a pleasure to moderate alongside him, we seem to always be on the same wavelength and nothing ever seems to be a big issue. For me, he's the best Fan Fiction has to offer. Ever. NEW is the greatest fic we've had, the best long-running fic (sorry Kid), and has produced the best matches and most memorable moments. He's without doubt our best writer and to see him continue to write today is just awesome. Off the board, I feel lucky to be friends with him on social media - he's fucking hilarious and as cool as they come. I'm definitely going to meet up with the guy at some point - he's too much like me as a person not to. I'll also reiterate that he needs to come to England ASAP and he really needs to come to the pub I work at so he can try and all our craft beers - he'd be in heaven.

I feel it's time to talk about the man who has ran this Hall for a third successful time. Jeff, you gave me the opportunity to springboard to where I am today - in the Fan Fic Hall of Fame. If it wasn't for Jeff offering me the chance to moderate this forum, I honestly don't think I'd have been in the Hall today. I'd only been a serious part of Fan Fic for six or seven months when Jeff saw something in me and afforded me the opportunity to help move Fan Fic forward. I took that opportunity with both hands and never looked back. He inspired me to be a great leader and insisted that if I ever had any doubts or questions, to PM him. He extended that beyond his days as a mod and promised to help me even after he left the mod team - he was always an absolute gent. I wish I had been around in '07 or '08 to jump on AIM and get to know Jeff and others a lot better. I think we would have clicked well. Big shout out to Jeff for his writing, too. Everyone remembers aPw, but I'm the biggest mark for what he did with POWERAW. Check it out people - I'll probably put it in the archives for the sake of it as it was so awesome.

From Jeff to another present Hall of Famer in PI. Once again, if it wasn't for PI, I don't think I'd have stuck around, I wouldn't have been modded, and I certainly wouldn't have been typing this right now. Back in March 2009, I wrote "ECW with a twist~!", a cruiserweight only fed that I had a lot of fun with. PI took the time to review all of my shows, to praise me, to give me positive feedback and to point me in the right direction - to have such a respected poster help me like that meant so much to me at the time and even to this day. At the same time, he was absolutely killing it with SEX, a fed that I've praised so many times that you'll probably begin to think I earn commission for doing so. PI's work in 2009 has inspired me ever since, to the point that I count it as responsible for helping me produce what I think was my finest piece of work - NWA Resurrection. PI and Jeff are two guys I strongly considered as inducting me as they're two big reasons for me enjoying my time in this subby.

And on to another influential poster during my time here - WP. Will might have become the butt of the jokes over the years -- and he has to be credited for how well he's taken said jokes -- but he's always been one of the most important figures we have here in my eyes. Without doubt, he'll be the next member of this elite class of posters and he will be very deserving. While his mod career may not have gone smoothly, I always backed him because I knew he had the best interests of this place at heart. His work as a writer was always taken seriously - Legacy and his non-fiction stuff were quite rightly recognised. As a person, he's someone I click with. Full of self-depreciation, a good heart, and a man who's fond of a drink - one day I will take you up on your offer Will. I'll come down south and we'll have a drink or twenty. I promise you that.

I'd like to give a few quick shout-outs. Kemis for bouncing ideas back-and-forth, and for being just as cool in person when we met in Southampton. We'll meet again soon, hopefully when Bournemouth and Sunderland play next season! Zap for being another big advocate and supporter of mine, I still regret not finishing my revisionist ROH project, purely because of how much you dug that project. Kid for being another vocal supporter - I'm happy you're still with us! To AM for being an ever-present and always being full of ideas. I'd like to thank KJ for being an inspiration too, LSW was on a different level man. Finally, I would like to thank anyone and everyone who has tried to write something in Fan Fiction during my time here -- whether it was a fed, a post in the random thread, or you entered one of our awesome writing competitions -- thank you and god bless."
    Sit down. Be humble.

Thread Information