Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

Thread: The Cannabis History Thread.Have You Tried It? Do You Hate It? Post Here Irregardless

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The Cannabis History Thread.Have You Tried It? Do You Hate It? Post Here Irregard

Quote Originally Posted by Theend View Post
    Want pot abused in your state. Legalize it.
    http://www.khou.com/news/health/pot-...hows/434536802

Oh wow? A study found that pot is abused(their definition of abuse btw) is more in states where they feel more comfortable answering questions about pot use than in states where its illegal across the board and a person is less likely to admit to a random "poll taker" that they use pot. Im amazed.

I've started to notice a thing about Theend and his clone TJ Wyoming. There are people that believe everything they read. Some call them sheep. Then there is Theend who believes nothing he reads unless it comes from sources that he probably has an APP to on his phone. He is like the exact opposite of a sheep, but guilty of the same character flaw he heavily criticizes.

vCash
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The Cannabis History Thread.Have You Tried It? Do You Hate It? Post Here Irregard

Quote Originally Posted by bischoffs brain View Post
    Oh wow? A study found that pot is abused(their definition of abuse btw) is more in states where they feel more comfortable answering questions about pot use than in states where its illegal across the board and a person is less likely to admit to a random "poll taker" that they use pot. Im amazed.

I've started to notice a thing about Theend and his clone TJ Wyoming. There are people that believe everything they read. Some call them sheep. Then there is Theend who believes nothing he reads unless it comes from sources that he probably has an APP to on his phone. He is like the exact opposite of a sheep, but guilty of the same character flaw he heavily criticizes.
    A whole lot of baseless accusations here. I don't know TJ Wyoming. I do not claim to believe anything I read or post. If you really were observant you would realize I have posted a lot of stuff in this thread in particular just because it is ludicrous. I have no idea of what APP you would be speaking of. You are making no sense. Must be stoned out of your gord right now. You are getting clowned. Now please stop with your baseless attacks before you get reported byh someone.

Anyhow, don't legalize pot in my town. I don't want the bums coming out the woodwork to show up. When I was in Boulder it is nearly impossible to tell the difference between homeless people, thru hikers and pot tourists.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/05/17...agnet.amp.html
    I am your God

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A whole lot of baseless accusations here. I don't know TJ Wyoming. I do not claim to believe anything I read or post. If you really were observant you would realize I have posted a lot of stuff in this thread in particular just because it is ludicrous. I have no idea of what APP you would be speaking of. You are making no sense. Must be stoned out of your gord right now. You are getting clowned. Now please stop with your baseless attacks before you get reported byh someone.

Anyhow, don't legalize pot in my town. I don't want the bums coming out the woodwork to show up. When I was in Boulder it is nearly impossible to tell the difference between homeless people, thru hikers and pot tourists.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/05/17...agnet.amp.html

Who is someone?

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good news for Australia and cannabis-A Swiss company named Satipharm shipped its first batch of CBD capsules to the Australian company HL Pharma. The capsules will contain 2 types of doses-a 10 milligram and 50 milligram dose. The next few shipments will have capsules containing THC.

http://www.satprnews.com/2017/05/09/...o-australia-2/

Fascinating article detailing the results of a study conducted on both young and old mice which found out that THC helped reverse aging in mice say, just 1 year old, compared to a mouse a few months old. THC was found to help enhance the expression of synaptic marker proteins and increasing the hippocampal spine density. The scientists implanted a low dose of THC to the mice via implants. The CB1 receptors which in geriatrics, via low THC doses would be restored and hence mental functions/cognition would be more balanced and lessen the chance of dementia as well, for instance.
    https://www.medicaljane.com/2017/05/...ion-as-we-age/

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nebraska has cleared the 1st hurdle for getting medical cannabis legalized...The bill was passed by a 6-1 vote by the Judiciary Committee. Though the bill has holes in it as well..A few flaws are that patients aren't allowed to grow weed at all and no edibles, or liquid cannabis/drinks/tinctures are allowed, either. The current forms of cannabis allowed are in pill form, topical lotion, spray or vaporizing. It'd also create a licensed and regulated medical cannabis industry..Nonetheless this bill should definitely be amended for obvious reasons.

https://www.marijuanatimes.org/nebra...arijuana-bill/

More good news for Australia-A partnership between Phoenix Life Sciences, based in the US and Canndeo, based in Australia has formed. The partnering includes research, development, manufacturing, distributing and selling products not only in Australia but to other countries as well..The various cannabis products that will be manufactured will especially target not only cancer, anxiety, neurological and sleep disorders but others as well, including autoimmune.
    http://420intel.com/articles/2017/05...ustralia-based
    @bischoffs brain this concerns your state of Louisiana. One of the states with the worst, most racist weed laws in the entire country, Louisiana has actually done this-It's legalized a comprehensive medical cannabis program..Obviously that ain't much but considering the asinine laws Louisiana has, it's come a long way to even do this. Basically, besides a list of conditions which are pretty similar(in terms that most states have some similar conditions listed as qualifying conditions) such as MS, Crohn's Disease, epilepsy, muscle spasms, etc Though like the Nebraska bill, patients can't grow weed at all. Though, there'll be 10 dispensaries in the entire state...There really should be more like 20 or 30 dispensaries, total. That'd easily give plenty of people jobs right there. Only through a doctor's recommendation can you access cannabis legally.
    http://hightimes.com/news/louisiana-...juana-program/

Great news in South Africa-Within the last few months, cannabis is damn near fully legalized(recreationally at least). It isn't ratified yet but people can at the moment smoke weed and grow it as well. No true laws have been given out yet but within the next year things'll change.

Mirishin and Johan are a couple who've been selling weed for a number of years. They're basically the only dispensary in South Africa. They sell a wide range of oils, buds and edibles. The consultation process takes around 2 hours and they'll usually prescribe a specific strain for you.
    Last edited by Soulblazed; 05-30-2017 at 02:09 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are right about Louisiana and asinine laws. Its mainly the northern part of the State where local Sheriffs in Bum F$#* little towns built these enormous prisons in the 90's because they thought crime would keep increasing. Sadly for them, crime decreased from the mid 90's. I believe that legalized abortion has had the biggest impct on the reducetion of violent crime. The early 90's were the years where the last kids forced onto the planet reached the ages when they were most likely to commit violent crimes(17-25) as Roe Vs. Wade which legalized abortion nationide coleared the couprts in 1972. It amazes me how many people are unaware of the huge drop in crime from the early 1990's and even less would admit that abortion could be thanked for it. To give an example of the crime drop, New Orleans had a peak number of homicides in 1994 with 424 homicides or 85.8 murder rate per 100,000. The number has gone way down with their being around 150 a year for the last few years(down to 40 murders per 100,000) The worst year of late was 2011 when New Orleans had the worst murder rate per capita in the country with 199 homicides. That is still less than half of the 1994 peak. New Orleans follows the trends of all the other big markets. All of this was devestating for the redneck sheriffs who built prisons. So how do you keep a prison filled when the crime rate keeps dropping. Not legitimately I can tell you. The last thing these rednecks want is legal weed. After all, small marijuana offenses keeps their form of human slavery alive and kicking. When you are an inmate in one of these places you get to do a job for 10 cents and hour that would normally pay minimum wage at a private company owned by some other redneck. Trust me, North Louisiana is the worst playce to be in the country. There is absolutely nothing there but cancer mills, churches and prisons packed with non-violent drug offenders.
    Last edited by bischoffs brain; 05-30-2017 at 03:48 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are right about Louisiana and asinine laws. Its mainly the northern part of the State where local Sheriffs in Bum F$#* little towns built these enormous prisons in the 90's because they thought crime would keep increasing. Sadly for them, crime decreased from the mid 90's. I believe that legalized abortion has had the biggest impct on the reducetion of violent crime. The early 90's were the years where the last kids forced onto the planet reached the ages when they were most likely to commit violent crimes(17-25) as Roe Vs. Wade which legalized abortion nationide coleared the couprts in 1972. It amazes me how many people are unaware of the huge drop in crime from the early 1990's and even less would admit that abortion could be thanked for it. To give an example of the crime drop, New Orleans had a peak number of homicides in 1994 with 424 homicides or 85.8 murder rate per 100,000. The number has gone way down with their being around 150 a year for the last few years(down to 40 murders per 100,000) The worst year of late was 2011 when New Orleans had the worst murder rate per capita in the country with 199 homicides. That is still less than half of the 1994 peak. New Orleans follows the trends of all the other big markets. All of this was devestating for the redneck sheriffs who built prisons. So how do you keep a prison filled when the crime rate keeps dropping. Not legitimately I can tell you. The last thing these rednecks want is legal weed. After all, small marijuana offenses keeps their form of human slavery alive and kicking. When you are an inmate in one of these places you get to do a job for 10 cents and hour that would normally pay minimum wage at a private company owned by some other redneck. Trust me, North Louisiana is the worst playce to be in the country. There is absolutely nothing there but cancer mills, churches and prisons packed with non-violent drug offenders.
    That's damn insightful and you have a helluva point as well..The prison system obviously is a modern day tech-assisted slavery system so of course business would suffer if say, BOTH medical and recreational cannabis were legalized in Louisiana, to the point where you could smoke a joint walking down the street during Mardi Gras and the police wouldn't care(that scenario's many years off but still this helps illustrate my point). Though, I think realistically, whether on a medical or recreational level in the next few years, weed will get legalized to a certain degree in Louisiana...

I think it'll be stricter than the current bits and pieces I've read up on so far. I just hope they don't mandate that all the weed has to have lower than 10% THC value because if that's the case, it'll just end up like New Jersey-A state(who actually does mandate that all weed be 10% in THC value or less)where technically there's medical cannabis available but the bill's so fucked from top to bottom and everywhere in between that it just needs a complete revamping.

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soulblazed View Post
    That's damn insightful and you have a helluva point as well..The prison system obviously is a modern day tech-assisted slavery system so of course business would suffer if say, BOTH medical and recreational cannabis were legalized in Louisiana, to the point where you could smoke a joint walking down the street during Mardi Gras and the police wouldn't care(that scenario's many years off but still this helps illustrate my point). Though, I think realistically, whether on a medical or recreational level in the next few years, weed will get legalized to a certain degree in Louisiana...

I think it'll be stricter than the current bits and pieces I've read up on so far. I just hope they don't mandate that all the weed has to have lower than 10% THC value because if that's the case, it'll just end up like New Jersey-A state(who actually does mandate that all weed be 10% in THC value or less)where technically there's medical cannabis available but the bill's so fucked from top to bottom and everywhere in between that it just needs a complete revamping.

I should clarify my critique of north Louisiana in regards to my statement about there being nothing but cancer mills, churches and prisons filled with non-violent drug offenders. I don't have a blind hatred of churches or religion for that matter. The type of churches I'm talking about are the ones with the radical right wing pastor preaching hatred of homosexuals and liberals. Typically they serve as a legal front for pastors and other church employees to have non-taxable incomes. They bend the rules enormously when it comes to taxes and George W. Bush was the one that empowered them to do that.

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I should clarify my critique of north Louisiana in regards to my statement about there being nothing but cancer mills, churches and prisons filled with non-violent drug offenders. I don't have a blind hatred of churches or religion for that matter. The type of churches I'm talking about are the ones with the radical right wing pastor preaching hatred of homosexuals and liberals. Typically they serve as a legal front for pastors and other church employees to have non-taxable incomes. They bend the rules enormously when it comes to taxes and George W. Bush was the one that empowered them to do that.
    I get completely what you're saying...It's not surprising, either when ya get down to it. For thousands of years, plenty of criminals have hidden behind churches to get away with doing whatever fucked up things they specialize in...So to me, it makes all the sense this is happening in the Deep South which is as corrupt an area as any in the US. Also, here's a nice video talking about Louisiana weed arrest statistics and a few tidbits about the near future for weed in Louisiana. Such as only doctors who are licensed by and on good terms with the Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiners can prescribe(the word they use is "recommend") weed to patients.

They still play defense? The Real LT's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry but that is a REALLY big damn stretch. And comes very close to a eugenic viewpoint.

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Real LT View Post
    I'm sorry but that is a REALLY big damn stretch. And comes very close to a eugenic viewpoint.
    There is a book called Freakanomics that states this case a lot better than I can. The author lists every other possible explanation for the severe reduction in violent crime over the last few decades and knocks them down one by one. I'm not saying that its the only reason for the drop in crime, but I think legalized abortion has had a bigger impact than anyone owld like to admit because its really a sad statement about humanity. I had a philosophy professor in college that required you write 2 papers on a controversial subject. The first paper was traditional in that you gathered your sources, wrote your paper with your position on the topic,and cited your sources. Once he handed back the first paper, he announced the terms for the second paper. You were required to spend time with the subjects you were righting about and he would provide assistance for the subjects where being talking to people involved first hand was a challenge(suddenly it made sense to the people who picked the death penalty originally but had the subject rejected by the professor. I wrote about abortion so I was required to interview actual patients and the demonstrators that literally lived outside various abortion clinics for my second paper. I can't understate how good of an idea this professor had. You would not believe how many people changed their positions once they actually experienced the subject somewhat first hand. My view didn't change much, but the reasons for my views changed a lot. I found that there are a lot of women that are completely indifferent when it comes to whether they give birth or not. If the women could get the father to pay for the abortion then great. If not, they would have the kid and would get more food stamps and bigger welfare check. I asked a few women why they didn't put the child up for adoption and their attitude was that after 9 months of pregnancy, they were not just going to give the child up and not get paid. Especially while the father gets to walk away scott-free. These women had been through the whole process of court ordered child support and stated that it was a joke. Anyway, forcing these women to have these children is ridiculous in my view and nothing good is going to ever happen from a kid whose mother only decided to have him/her because they couldn't come up with $600 for an abortion.
    Last edited by bischoffs brain; 06-02-2017 at 12:54 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not eugenics, but close. The people most likely to commit violent crimes are the poor, who will also the ones who will be most likely to get legal abortions as those who are better off can engage in other vices, or if they pick sex as the vice, get birth control. Sex is one of the few vices that costs no money to engage in.

FREAKONOMICS is a good read, but one must not use it for causal relations. The violent crime and abortion relationship is a great example of trusting sources, as the numbers reporting in FREAKONOMICS are not accurate, found by Foote and Goetz analyzing the abortion and crime data. Simply put the table in the book showing the "data" is not what is discussed in the text. Also if you add in crack usage as a covariate, then abortion is no longer associated with violent crime.
    Last edited by Engel; 06-02-2017 at 09:39 PM.

Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pot never hurt anyone?

Lionel Richie's bassist had a horrific reaction after eating edibles ... as in he repeatedly stabbed himself.
    Law enforcement sources tell us a 911 call came in at around 10 PM Tuesday ... the caller reporting a stabbing victim. Paramedics rushed to a San Fernando Valley apartment where they found Ethan Farmer bleeding profusely.
    We're told Farmer -- who's also toured with New Kids on the Block -- had eaten either pot brownies or cookies and went off the rails, stabbing himself all over his body.
    Turns out, the 42-year-old had some friends over and they were chowing down on edibles when Farmer suddenly turned violent on himself.
    He was taken to a hospital where he remains as of Friday night. We don't know his condition.
    We spoke to Ethan but he wouldn't say anything about the incident other than that he's recovering.
    TMZ
    I am your God

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pot never hurt anyone?

Lionel Richie's bassist had a horrific reaction after eating edibles ... as in he repeatedly stabbed himself.
    Law enforcement sources tell us a 911 call came in at around 10 PM Tuesday ... the caller reporting a stabbing victim. Paramedics rushed to a San Fernando Valley apartment where they found Ethan Farmer bleeding profusely.
    We're told Farmer -- who's also toured with New Kids on the Block -- had eaten either pot brownies or cookies and went off the rails, stabbing himself all over his body.
    Turns out, the 42-year-old had some friends over and they were chowing down on edibles when Farmer suddenly turned violent on himself.
    He was taken to a hospital where he remains as of Friday night. We don't know his condition.
    We spoke to Ethan but he wouldn't say anything about the incident other than that he's recovering.
    TMZ
    Sorry, but this guy Farmer is completely full of crap. What he did sounds exactly like Bath salts. Perhaps he might have lied to you know, avoid facing charges. These are some horrible examples to back up your argument with. Might I add that no substance, either natural or artificial, is safe with 100% of the population. Peanut butter(an other foods that contain peanut extracts)kill more people than pot. Most of those allergic to peanuts would not argue to ban it though. I suspect that much of the bad feelings about marijuana were created in the boardroom of a conglomerate selling alcohol. Everyone must consume booze to wind down from a hard day. There is no other option! My dad, who was a raging alcoholic, tried to school me about pot use when I was 13. I have to give it to him as he had a decent argument for a 13 year old. He said I'm not going to lie to you and say pot is really, really bad and much worse than drinking. Its just that because pot is illegal, you have to deal with shady people to get it. The mentality gap between people who use pot and those who sell pot is usually pretty large. Even the most innocent low level pot seller has to deal with someone shady. Now that I look back on it, his argument was solid. It also was another reason why it needed to be de-criminalized. Look at the what happened during prohibition. Alcohol sales went from legit companies to the birth of the mafia.
    Common sense says,"Good job America! Try to learn from your mistakes from now on!"
    American Government says, "hell no, if we listened to common sense, we would need less lawyers and politicians."
    Last edited by bischoffs brain; 06-07-2017 at 05:33 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, but this guy Farmer is completely full of crap. What he did sounds exactly like Bath salts. Perhaps he might have lied to you know, avoid facing charges.
    we need to legalize bath salts bad. imagine the revenue if we legalize bath salts and tax them..
    I am your God

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we need to legalize bath salts bad. imagine the revenue if we legalize bath salts and tax them..
    Sure, why not? Then imagine the windfall for pharmaceutical when we dope up all the victims of bath salts with oxycontin and thorazine for those with permanently fried brains from the use of bath salts.

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno how true/false that story is, @Theend but I wouldn't be surprised if he's bullshitting about just being high on edibles as opposed to some heavy drugs..I really don't see how being high on weed will make you stab yourself multiple times..In any case, supposing in the unlikely event that he actually was high on edibles only, the reason why he got that high is because he ate the edibles like he'd eat non-weed laced food...I've stated time and again in this thread that whenever people eat edibles to take little bites and nibbles, don't take giant bites...Obviously there should be labeling on all packages of edibles implicitly stating to take small bites at a time and usually wait for around 20-40 minutes before taking another bite.

More good news in Australia..Their industrial hemp farming business will be reinvigorated sooner than later after a good 80 years of dormancy thanks to Reefer Madness. At the moment, Australia's importing hemp because there's not enough hemp being grown within Australia at the moment. That should hopefully change sooner than later and hemp can become a staple of many things in Australia such as fuel for vehicles, food, hempcrete(a better concrete substitute), fiber, paper, etc It's sad that the only way hemp can be put into Australian products is if it's in skincare products

https://cannabisnewsworldwide.wordpr...ustry-expands/

vCash
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ana-providers/

Sessions wants to prosecute MEDICAL Marijuana Providers. His first gf must've been a big pot head and stomped on his heart now we must ALL PAY for Sara's crimes.

vCash
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for the love all things green. stop this resource hog.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...e-fossil-fuels
    I am your God

vCash
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

don't legalize it for the love our roads.
    https://www.usnews.com/news/national...ana-study-says
    I am your God

They still play defense? The Real LT's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

don't legalize it for the love our roads.
    https://www.usnews.com/news/national...ana-study-says
    Honestly that concern will take care of itself once the THC breathalyzer comes out. Should be within the next year or two.

vCash
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly that concern will take care of itself once the THC breathalyzer comes out. Should be within the next year or two.
    I seriously wonder how victimized people will feel if and when it comes. I can imagine so many who would say they are fine and just as coordinated on weed than not and that the weed strain they smoke doesn't affect their coordination.
    Last edited by Theend; 06-22-2017 at 04:21 PM.
    I am your God

vCash
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember all the times people thing big pharma is stopping legal weed. Well Bayer seems pretty interested.
    http://www.wakingtimes.com/2017/06/2...tm_campaign=CC

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Theend Big Pharma only wants legal weed on their particular terms..Legal weed that's organically grown and is high in THC percentage and CBD percentage, along with other cannabinoids isn't what they want because that type of weed kills off diseases..By genetically modifying weed to where any true medical benefit it COULD otherwise give someone who ingests it is negated, they get precisely what they want..Customers buying their weed but not getting any healthier by using it and with any luck they'd be customers of theirs for years to come and then the children of said customers can be Monsanto and Bayer's customers and the cycle continues....That's basically the gist of their intentions..

Now, Poland is pretty close to legalizing medical weed..It got past the a slew of Polish lawmakers who overwhelmingly approved it in a vote of 440 yes to 2 no to 1 abstention. It now has to clear the senate and finally the Polish President before technically being legal. Cannabis would most likely be foreign but distributed in pharmacies across Poland. I hope this leads to Poland establishing laws for growing weed that actually make sense so they don't have to rely on The Netherlands and other countries to import their weed.
    https://medicalxpress.com/news/2017-...marijuana.html

New Zealand's pushing for medical cannabis as well..Recently, a bill has been made by Julie Ann Genter, who is the Spokesperson for Health in the Green Party, that essentially aims to provide Kiwis with medical cannabis that would be available with a doctor's prescription and also she wants it to be grown in New Zealand instead of relying on other countries to provide cannabis.

You can read a short bit of an interview with Julie at the link below
    https://www.marijuana.com/news/2017/...te-than-never/

Very good things are going on in Kenya regarding legalizing medical cannabis..This cat named Gwada Ogot, who's a cannabis researcher(who's talking in the video below) is behind the current dialogue going on in Kenya about cannabis. He wants a regulatory body to oversee how cannabis is handled overall in Kenya as well.

Pretty interesting story..This Zambian born Canadian raised man who moved back to Zambia in 2013 to take care of his sick dad realized how fucked up and corrupt Zambia is against cannabis. Just about half of everyone in Zambian prisons are there because of weed. Kids as young as 10 are being arrested for weed, not to mention plenty of Zambians grow their own weed so they're getting arrested in droves. He's pushing hard for reform which he admits won't really come about for at least a few years but at least he's catalyzing it. This article's a helluva read.
    https://www.marijuana.com/news/2017/...orm-in-zambia/

Botswana could hit it huge in the industrial hemp industry. By evolving more with their industrial hemp production in part after it eventually gets legalized, Botswana could collaborate potentially say, with South African based company Hemporium that makes hemp-based textiles and clothing. The co founder of a group of people called the African Cannabis and Hemp Association(which deals with the cannabis processing industry in southern Africa, is based out of Cape Town) Peo Taukobong, who's only 22, has researched and correctly stated that hemp can be used to create a variety of things such as surf boards, tennis balls, rackets, clothes, bricks(think of Hempcrete), footballs, etc

He wants to educate farmers, especially young farmers in Botswana about growing hemp in order to help the country out. He's right in stating that if hemp were fully legal in Botswana it could potentially have a multi million $ business.
    https://www.sportsbw.com/can-cannabi...orts-industry/
    Last edited by Soulblazed; 06-28-2017 at 10:36 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Found a nice lengthy page on how cannabis is effective compared to opioids, including breaking addiction to opioids. This page also includes a study conducted on 2,897 people concerning how effective cannabis is vs opioids, such as oxycodone and methadone, if they would use cannabis to substitute their current opioid use, especially if cannabis were legal and available. The overall response to that was 72% who stated that, by the way. A good 70% said that cannabis side effects are more tolerable than opioid side effects, while 74% were able to decrease their opioid doses thanks to cannabis. I'll include an excerpt from the page with a quote from a doctor named Edward Birch, quoted in 1889-In an 1889 seminal article published in
    TheLancet
    Dr. Edward A. Birch writes about his tremendous suc-
    cess in using cannabis to help patients who had become
    addicted to pain medications, including opioids. He
    wrote, ‘‘I prescribed the cannabis simply with a view to
    utilizing a well-known remedy for insomnia, but it did
    much more than procure sleep. I think it will be found
    that there need be no fear of peremptorily withdrawing
    the deleterious drug, if hemp be employed.’’
    http://online.liebertpub.com/doi/pdf.../can.2017.0012

Zimbabwe is looking to legalize cannabis and work with a (as yet unnamed) major Canadian company, who submitted an application to the Zimbabwean government to produce cannabis for the country. I hope this leads to Zimbabweans growing their own cannabis. Currently you can get 12 years in jail for cannabis possession in Zimbabwe.
    http://263africanews.com/2017/07/09/...lise-cannabis/

Cannabis is now technically legal in Catalonia. Excerpt is below-
    The new regulations say that cannabis clubs cannot produce more than 150 kg of dried marijuana per year. Each crop will require a sign-off from an agronomist to determine if the amount grown is in line with the amount consumed for each cannabis club.

When cannabis is being transported, club managers must have documents detailing the association responsible for the crop. As well, the identity of the carrier, the destination of where it’s going, the date, quantity, and type of product must be known; public transport cannot be used for distribution.

Although these new regulations are for the benefit of Catalonians who enjoy cannabis, marijuana tourism is not permitted. Because of this regulation, the new rules will stipulate that anyone who applies to be a member of a cannabis club will need to wait 15 days until they can partake in the club’s marijuana crop.

Anyone over the age of 21 can purchase up to 60 grams per month, and those who are between 18-21 are only permitted 20 grams per month, but the amounts do not apply to those who use marijuana for medical purposes. As well, these new regulations do not allow the consumption of alcohol in the cannabis clubs or marijuana edibles of any kind.
    https://www.marijuana.com/news/2017/...d-consumption/

Thread Information