Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast

Thread: The Cannabis History Thread.Have You Tried It? Do You Hate It? Post Here Irregardless

vCash
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The Cannabis History Thread.Have You Tried It? Do You Hate It? Post Here Irregard

I am your God

They still play defense? The Real LT's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The Cannabis History Thread.Have You Tried It? Do You Hate It? Post Here Irregard

Quote Originally Posted by Theend View Post
    Oh no doubt. But fatal overdoses like you see from cocaine, heroine, meth, alcohol or opiods? Not even once. Yet out of all of those only heroin and meth are also classified under Schedule I. Alcohol you can by from any grocery store and opiods any pharmacy provided you have a prescription.

vCash
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am your God

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That huffington post article's a joke, @Theend. On a microscopic level, cannabinoids found in cannabis have been observed time and again(mostly in countries such as The Netherlands, Spain and Israel) to work great against various illnesses/diseases such as cancer and epilepsy. Opiods, especially pills, are completely synthetic and really, they're just made to temporarily quell whatever illness/disease they're prescribed for..They're never made to cure anything because then companies like Merck and Pfizer would go outta business. Not to mention that pills eat away at your organs and intestines anyway, along with possibly shutting down your nervous system, making your trachea close up, etc which is another reason why I don't take any pills.

I found the results of an epilepsy survey done in Australia earlier this year. I'll copy/paste it below.

Date:
    March 9, 2017
    Source:
    University of Sydney
    Summary:
    The first Australian nationwide survey on the experiences and opinions of medicinal cannabis use in people with epilepsy has revealed that 14 per cent of people with epilepsy have used cannabis products as a way to manage seizures. The study showed that of those with a history of cannabis product use, 90 per cent of adults and 71 per cent of parents of children with epilepsy reported success in managing seizures after commencing using cannabis products.

People with epilepsy resort to cannabis products when antiepileptic drug side-effects are intolerable and epilepsy uncontrolled.

The first Australian nationwide survey on the experiences and opinions of medicinal cannabis use in people with epilepsy has revealed that 14 per cent of people with epilepsy have used cannabis products as a way to manage seizures.

The study showed that of those with a history of cannabis product use, 90 per cent of adults and 71 per cent of parents of children with epilepsy reported success in managing seizures after commencing using cannabis products.

Published in Epilepsy & Behaviour, the Epilepsy Action Australia study, in partnership with The Lambert Initiative at the University of Sydney, surveyed 976 respondents to examine cannabis use in people with epilepsy, reasons for use, and any perceived benefits self-reported by consumers (or their carers).

The survey revealed:

* 15 per cent of adults with epilepsy and 13 per cent of parents/guardians of children with epilepsy were currently using, or had previously used, cannabis products to treat epilepsy.

* Across all respondents, the main reasons for trying cannabis products were to manage treatment-resistant epilepsy and to obtain a more favourable side-effect profile compared to standard antiepileptic drugs.

* The number of past antiepileptic drugs was a significant predictor of medicinal cannabis use in both adults and children with epilepsy.

"This survey provides insight into the use of cannabis products for epilepsy, in particular some of the likely factors influencing use, as well as novel insights into the experiences of and attitudes towards medicinal cannabis in people with epilepsy in the Australian community," said lead author Anastasia Suraev from The Lambert Initiative.

"Despite the limitations of a retrospective online survey, we cannot ignore that a significant proportion of adults and children with epilepsy are using cannabis-based products in Australia, and many are self-reporting considerable benefits to their condition.

"More systematic clinical studies are urgently needed to help us better understand the role of cannabinoids in epilepsy," she said.

Co-author of the paper Carol Ireland, CEO of Epilepsy Action Australia, who was recently appointed to the Australian Government's new Australian Advisory Council on the Medicinal Use of Cannabis, said: "Cannabis products are often what people turn to when they have been unable to control their epilepsy with conventional medication."

"This highlights a growing need to educate consumers and health professionals on the use of cannabis by people with epilepsy, and to provide safe and timely access to cannabinoid medicine in order to lessen people's reliance on illicit black market products" she said.

source link-https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0309120525.htm

vCash
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soulblazed, as an epileptic I find that post completely insulting. Just because I am epileptic that doesn't mean I should resort to becoming a pothead.
    You call it a problem. I call it a solution.

Tetris Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

vCash
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where does that article talk about becoming a pothead, hyperbole much?

There are clearly medical benefits. It's proven to help with epileptic seizures and as shown recently in the media it's helped people that suffer from PTSD. No-one is saying sit on your ass and get stoned, what's being said is that there are benefits to medical marijuana.
    @Soulblazed Did you see John Olivers piece on this from a couple of weeks ago?

A ton and a half of credit to Rad for this superb artwork

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
    Days Oncall has left to use his MITB Contract: 300-ish

vCash
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TJ Wyoming View Post
    Soulblazed, as an epileptic I find that post completely insulting. Just because I am epileptic that doesn't mean I should resort to becoming a pothead.
    That your choice. Why should other epileptics be denied a potential treatment for their condition?

It makes no sense.

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ohh @TJ Wyoming...You're already pissed over nothing..Obviously you'll probably stick to whatever government-made drugs you're using for your epilepsy but nonetheless..Since you do have epilepsy, why don't you legitimately study how cannabis works against epilepsy? It's really quite fascinating. Take this video for instance. Just watch it. It's basically this ER doctor talking about his epileptic daughter and how cannabis saved her life after he was stubborn about cannabis for a long time. His daughter uses a cannabis tincture which you could easily use as well. At 55 seconds into the video, look at that quick list to see how many of those drugs are drugs you take for your epilepsy.

I also know an ex roomate who's epileptic. He's my age, he walks with a cane now and for many years he's been using multiple types of cannabis, from edibles, hashish, tinctures, Rick Simpson Oil, drinks, joints, etc and it's all helped control his epilepsy way better than the government drugs he's been prescribed. I've known him since 2009 and still keep in touch with him on Facebook. I'm glad he's doing better these days.

Lastly, at of all sites epilepsy.com, there's a huge section on medical cannabis and how it's helpful against epilepsy. Read this link-
    http://www.epilepsy.com/learn/treati...a-and-epilepsy
    @Oncall I haven't seen that segment til just now when I read your post...Thanks for mentioning that...It was funny yet real informative. For anyone who hasn't seen this, by all means watch it

vCash
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/support-...all-time-high/

Too bad Big Pharma and the Prison Industries will prevent it even if it reached 90%...

Can't get in the way of profits and legal slavery.

vCash
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys make it sound like epileptics are taking a drugstore worth of medications. I'm on one med. I take 1 pill twice a day. That's it and I haven't had a seizure since I started it

vCash
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you should really trade your drug for another drug. that way you support the popular confirmation bias.

Before medicating with marijuana you may want to check with your doctor to see if marijuana is safe for you.

http://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama...article/211301

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...poisoning.html

http://www.amenclinics.com/blog/amen...od-flow-brain/

and keep it away from your dog. it can kill your dog.

http://www.npr.org/sections/health-s...-not-so-mighty
    Last edited by Theend; 04-21-2017 at 02:32 PM.
    I am your God

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People should really look into Cannabinoid Hyperemesis Syndrome. Even fucking High Times wrote on this, yet people still are acting like two hits of a weed are recommended by the FDA as part of a balanced breakfast.

And surely the Journal of the American Medical Association is nowhere near as trustworthy as Huffpost bloggers or people on youtube.

Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Can anyone tell me about 'Shatter'? Apparently, it's an oil that is sheet like and referred to 'super pot' as it contains 80-90% THC. I'm finding very conflicting reports online and not much of anything overall. It seems to be the new drug of choice here and I've just found out my daughter is using it as well as my nieces.

I am open minded about pot being used for medicinal purposes and I really don't care if you choose to do it but as it's my daughter I am trying to learn all I can about it considering it's very hard for me to remain open minded when it involves her and as I've never even tried pot or any other drug.

Spoiler

*Many thanks to the amazing surrender for my banner*
    #TeamAuthority
    R.E.A.L

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shatter is the hardened form of marijuana oil basically. You can vape it and legality in the US is all over so kids are into it. In general people are moving away from smoking the plant to the oil.

http://hightimes.com/grow/shatter-vs...he-difference/

Also now that science is entering into the weed growing game, High Times is really picking up it's quality and should be the first place to check to marijuana issues.

Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@iron maiden shatter is(as the link Engel gave out) a highly concentrated form of cannabis that usually has around 80% THC in it on average, as you've stated. There's also other cannabinoids mixed in, such as CBD(maybe you've heard of that cannabinoid, it's especially effective against epilepsy). Shatter should basically be put in the freezer for around 40 minutes after it's purchased. Since it's usually in a plastic canister, after taking it out, you (not harshly) hit the side of the canister twice against a countertop in the kitchen, for instance. That resulting impact causes the shatter to break apart into smaller pieces. Shatter's actually not oil-like, but it's solid and usually with a few big pieces stuck together, which can be broken apart into smaller pieces.

I usually smoke the shatter mixed in with actual weed, which to me is a good combination. You don't need to take a lot of hits in a row to get a good high going, plus medicinally, I've found smoking shatter's good against indigestion and pain. I think you should show your daughter that hightimes.com link Engel gave out, since it's a real informative link...Also, just basically tell her the facts I've given you as well, just so she knows what she's smoking.

By the way, since you stated you've never ever tried weed in your life, maybe you and your daughter should sit down and smoke a joint together, at some point? It really might put things in perspective in terms of not only demystifying weed for you, since you have no experience using it but also it'd let your daughter know that she can continue to smoke shatter, but obviously tell her that she really doesn't need to smoke that much of it at one time to get high anyway. I'm bringing this up because growing up, I smoked weed with my step mom and step brother plenty of times and it was one of our family bonding rituals we ended up having, which in the end turned out for the best. Hence, give it a try.

Lastly, even though you didn't bring it up, I'll state this-there's really nothing to worry about in terms of "what if she smokes too much shatter?". It'd be the same result as if she smoked a good 4 joints in a row-she'd probably be calm and giggly and then just conk out for a good 10 hours or so and wake up refreshed.

vCash
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Want pot abused in your state. Legalize it.
    http://www.khou.com/news/health/pot-...hows/434536802
    I am your God

vCash
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am your God

vCash
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

vCash
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL...I don't even know where to start with this one.

A. That test means shit. Pot stays in your system MUCH longer than the actual effects. You smoke a joint and you'll piss hot if they test you a week later. Hell sometimes even a month later

B. THE EXACT same thing could have happened even if he was dead sober. By time the train operator sees anything on the tracks it's too late. The person who is REALLY at fault is whoever parked that backhoe on the tracks, and whoever failed to communicate to the train operator that it was there on the tracks.

Legally that positive test has the train operator holding the bag, but from a practical standpoint unless he was smoking up right before he went to work that day the weed had little or nothing to do with it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love dopehead logic. You stoned bastards can spin facts better than a Clinton.

vCash
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love dopehead logic. You stoned bastards can spin facts better than a Clinton.
    No it's called having basic common sense and a working knowledge of how THC effects the body.

Simply put THC stays in the body LONG after the actual effects of it wear off. You can smoke a joint on Monday and fail a blood or piss test on Friday, whereas with alcohol if you fail a breathlyzer or blood test it pretty much means you were drinking on the job or immediately before you clocked in because alcohol is flushed from your system MUCH faster than THC. The same is also true of cocaine (probably why so many doctors and lawyers use it)

So as I was saying, the train operator failing a blood test doesn't mean he was intoxicated on the job. There is no spinning of facts here.

Now If said train operator was driving the train high than I have no sympathy whatsoever and he deserves whatever he gets because that is something you simply DO NOT do when so many lives are in your hands.

But if he wasn't actually intoxicated driving the train and followed the protocols I don't think he should be held responsible because some jackass parked his backhoe on the tracks.
    Last edited by The Real LT; 05-11-2017 at 09:34 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are proving my point. Yes, THC stays in the body long term. That's the problem. If someone drinks alcohol and gets in a car wreck we can prosecute a drunk driver. If a pothead does the same thing he can legitimately argue that he was high days, weeks ago and not under the influence at the time of the accident.

vCash
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are proving my point. Yes, THC stays in the body long term. That's the problem. If someone drinks alcohol and gets in a car wreck we can prosecute a drunk driver. If a pothead does the same thing he can legitimately argue that he was high days, weeks ago and not under the influence at the time of the accident.
    That is a fair point.

BUT....http://www.cannabixtechnologies.com/...athalyzer.html

vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had to delete this one. Little too fired up this morning, I try to stay out of this topic as it's an emotional one for me, I'm easily triggered.

Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 05-13-2017 at 11:06 AM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Theend View Post
    Bob Marley proved that smoking pot didn't burst his cancer cells.
    Only an idiot would claim that THC heals cancer. It helps with the symptoms. One of the hardest parts about fighting cancer is maintaining a healthy appetite once while under chemotherapy. I actually once heard a prominent anti-weed idiot claim that there is no proof that weed increases appetite. LMAO. What an asshole! If you want a real opinion don't talk to people who are paid to voice it whether anti/pro. My wife has worked on an oncology unit since she graduated from nursing school nearly 15 years ago and she will tell you. The case of whether marijuana helps the chemotherapy process for many patients(some terminal)is not even close. She has seen Bible thumping rednecks who would never touch a joint prior to cancer cave in and try it after talking to other patients. A couple of those patients were really upset about being misled by know-it-all Church deacons and politicians as their lives were sadly coming to a close. Its kind of sad watching a person cast doubt on people they know as they lay in a hospital bed suffering through their last days.

Thread Information