Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Thread: The Cannabis History Thread.Have You Tried It? Do You Hate It? Post Here Irregardless

Ravishing Slick Dude KashDinero's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The Cannabis History Thread.Have You Tried It? Do You Hate It? Post Here Irregard

I am feeling wavy right now. Just smoked a joint. History. Cannabissssss history. Cannabistory. You're welcome.

(Don't worry, it's medicinal. Honest.)
    PW Nerdery's Most Underrated Poster Of 2015

vCash
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The Cannabis History Thread.Have You Tried It? Do You Hate It? Post Here Irregard

I am your God

vCash
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Real LT View Post
    Aaron Hernandez may be going for a "reefer madness" defense on his latest charge

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/...cid=spartandhp

What a joke. The only thing I ever felt like killing after smoking up was a bag of Doritos. I hope the jurors aren't ignorant enough to buy this nonsense.

Facts.

vCash
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The more I really think about the legalization of marijuana I feel that the truest danger of marijuana has shifted. The most real danger in marijuana is now all the crack pots selling the hype of preposterous medical claims. In my opinion the many false and unsubstantiated medical claims should be holding up the legalization. It has gotten to the point where it feels like the pro- marijuana crowd is now taking advantage of fear and desperation in order to get legalized.

No joke, I think it is shameful to try to grief off sick kids to support your agenda. It's exploitive to show an autistic kid self-harming or seizing and then vape some gonj and show them fine. It is providing false hopes. These claims of beating cancer with pot are taking advantage of desperate people.

People love to compare marijuana, the helpful healer to tobacco the evil killer. Tobacco is honest. Marijuana is full of shit.
    I am your God

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've read recently that Ireland have voted overwhelmingly in favour of the decrimilasation of cannabis.

They still play defense? The Real LT's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Theend View Post
    The more I really think about the legalization of marijuana I feel that the truest danger of marijuana has shifted. The most real danger in marijuana is now all the crack pots selling the hype of preposterous medical claims. In my opinion the many false and unsubstantiated medical claims should be holding up the legalization. It has gotten to the point where it feels like the pro- marijuana crowd is now taking advantage of fear and desperation in order to get legalized.

No joke, I think it is shameful to try to grief off sick kids to support your agenda. It's exploitive to show an autistic kid self-harming or seizing and then vape some gonj and show them fine. It is providing false hopes. These claims of beating cancer with pot are taking advantage of desperate people.

People love to compare marijuana, the helpful healer to tobacco the evil killer. Tobacco is honest. Marijuana is full of shit.
    How many people does Tobacco kill a year vs. how many people does Cannabis kill a year? Yet Tobacco is the one that is legal.

And THERE ARE legit theraputic uses for Cannabis, no matter how you want to deny it. Yes it is a health risk for children but so are alcohol, tobacco, opiods, and a ton of other shit that's legal to consume.

vCash
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How many people does Tobacco kill a year vs. how many people does Cannabis kill a year? Yet Tobacco is the one that is legal.

And THERE ARE legit theraputic uses for Cannabis, no matter how you want to deny it. Yes it is a health risk for children but so are alcohol, tobacco, opiods, and a ton of other shit that's legal to consume.
    Tobacco is honest and open about the risks. Consenting adults are the targeted consumers. And I do not deny the limited theraputic uses for cannibas. And there are already medical applications used for THC. I am not denying that. The free range use of pot specifically smoking and vaping is oversold.

If we are looking at things that shouldn't be sold we should look at nitrates in meat products and PFOA in microwave popcorn bags that are pretty well proven cancer causers that the public doesn't know about and are sold without warning.

But that's not the point. As I have pointed out in a ton of articles. Smoking pot has considerable medical risks and shit manufacturing standards. There arguably have been deaths. The deaths have been the exception to the rule. And the suicides you can try to argue out. But here is the bottom line I am drilling at that you can deny or not: the current videos and propoganda you see currently about the meicinal claims of pot smoke and vape are shameful and shamefully exploitive ploying on the desperate parents that are reaching for a cure to their sick kids conditions. It is a tacky technique and dangerous. No one is selling cigarettes like this.
    I am your God

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Theend that the pro-pot campaign loses all credibility as they wheel out medical benefits when all they want to do is get high.

vCash
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is classic binary logic. Marijuana is either consider a life destroying drug or a substance that one can consume with no risk to the user. Given even pure water has risks when consumed, see water intoxication, it is absurd to think marijuana is risk free. We need to be a lot more realistic about the risks and rewards as right now it should never be used in medicine as informed consent is simply not possible. Hell it is not even ethical to prescribe it right now due to the last of informed consent. Which is how Trump can and mostly will shut down marijuana both medically and recreationally. Not going to rehash the argument as Theend made it clearly but we need research to move forward and until that happens, what is happening now is one lawsuit away from banning marijuana for good.

Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not going to rehash the argument as Theend made it clearly but we need research to move forward and until that happens, what is happening now is one lawsuit away from banning marijuana for good.
    Research we cannot do because of marijuana's Schedule I classification. Does anyone REALLY believe cannabis is equivalent to heroin and PCP? Or has less medical use than cocaine? (Which is schedule II)

vCash
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it really really depends on how you look at it. cannabinoids are already being used in pain management. not marijuana. not smoking or vaping it. so, cannibas has been researched, made safer and prescribed. even in states like WI where marijuana use is illegal.

so, in a way you are right and in a way you are wrong. research on cannabis and cannibinoids are done and are happening and they are derived from the marijuana science so to speak. but that is chemical derivatives of the plant that have been derived. like birch bark to asprin. the actual plant is a shit source that needs processes to be effective. this smoking and vaping is a bit rubbish for pure medicine. especially as the variety of the plant strains and growing quality is crap.
    I am your God

vCash
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem with Marinol and similar drugs is

A. They take about an hour to take effect, whereas smoking or vaping give you the same benefits MUCH quicker

B. You can also control the dosage better with smoking or vaping. You can smoke or vape as little or as much as you need for your condition, where as Marinol has a fixed dose for every pill. So for some it can be overpowering, and for other not strong enough.

C. Finally Marinol being a pharmaceutical makes it FUCKING EXPENSIVE. For most, (especially without insurance that will cover Marinol) cannabis is a much more cost effective option.

vCash
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would you agree with smoking or vaping that you can never get a consistent product? To your point B.
    I am your God

vCash
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Theend View Post
    Would you agree with smoking or vaping that you can never get a consistent product? To your point B.
    If you're buying off the street sure. But if you're buying from a proper medical dispensary or from a smoke shop from one of the legalized states the product will be pretty reliable. They would lose customers quick if it wasn't.

vCash
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're buying off the street sure. But if you're buying from a proper medical dispensary or from a smoke shop from one of the legalized states the product will be pretty reliable. They would lose customers quick if it wasn't.
    See, this is why it is high priced to get uniform drugs.
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/lifest...215-story.html
    Marinol and others probably never have these problems.

There is no way to make a truly consistent product in growing a plant.
    I am your God

vCash
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, @Theend, I take it you didn't watch that video I posted of Steep Hill Labs nor goto the link I provided to their website? Your points about marijuana having various germs/fungi in it is both true yet exaggerated. It's true depending on who grows it, bottom line. Certain growers can grow a consistently good crop of cannabis. It takes the right techniques and it can be done both indoor and outdoor..Though usually indoor and not always in hydroponic form either, sometimes they use aeroponics. I think you should really make a trip to a medical state, such as Michigan, and visit some very well run cannabis farms there if you know anyone who could show you around there. You'd be surprised in that it's not impossible to grow consistently good cannabis. There's a lot more to cannabis growing than you think.

Your point is exaggerated in that not all cannabis has fungi and other contaminants in it....Cannabis isn't always grown using synthetic fertilizers, either, which are a major source of contamination in crops..More healthy fertilizers are used, such as bat guano and fish emulsion fertilizer. Also, using cannabis oil(Rick Simpson OIl), tinctures, massage creams, drinks and edibles(when you eat it with little nibbles instead of taking big bites) help out a lot medically..I've tried many varieties of cannabis, including all the examples I listed above and can personally attest to being much better off in my health in general in part due to it.
    @Engel, you should look up cannabis research studies in Israel and Spain..Those are 2 of the top countries on the planet when it comes to cannabis research(besides the obvious choice of The Netherlands). Israel has done studies since the mid 20th century and Spain's been at it for over a decade.

Also, cannabis can be safe for kids to use..Kids, along with adults use cannabis in some Israeli hospitals...The cannabis is generally eaten or used in oil form..Some of the adults smoke it in a pipe/joint. For anyone skeptical of the medical effectiveness of cannabis, look up the numerous ways it was used by the Chinese and in Indian Ayurvedic medicine for thousands of years. It's very telling once you get down to it.

Lastly, juicing the entire cannabis plant through a blender and drinking it can be pretty damn beneficial as well..I've yet to do that but considering the concentrated mix it'd be, it's worth a shot.

This video from 2013 featuring Dr. William Courtney of the University Of San Francisco explains how juicing raw cannabis can help you out, partly by talking about a few different cannabinoids. Also, Kristen Peskuski talks about how juicing raw cannabis helped her overcome lupus, arthritis, cervical cancer, among other ailments/diseases.

vCash
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never exaggerated. I never stated that all mj had mold. But it is significantly more than you would find on Marinol. And hence the cost difference. I'd also bet that buying from these, better, cleaner growers costs significantly more too. And they are impossible to find over a large area. Meaning their distribution even in a large legal state sucks.

The reason why I am stating in this is in response to LT and his stating MJ is cheaper. I agree. Cheaper for an inferior product and when we are talking medicine Crap is crap
    Last edited by Theend; 03-02-2017 at 09:01 AM.
    I am your God

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what if we only legalize strains of pot that can't get you high, how many here remain enthusiastic supporters?

vCash
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Theend on the other hand Marinol's not nearly as effective as cannabis oil or tincture, though. From my own experience Marinol really didn't do anything. As far as good growers being impossible to find over a large area, that's not true, at least in California. Areas like Humboldt County have a variety of good growers scattered over a large area. So do parts of eastern California near the Nevada border. It depends on where you look. Also, weed from good growers doesn't always cost more, especially if you happen to know the grower or help them out during their harvest you can maybe get a decent amount for say, half off(or even a bigger discount) of what they'd normally charge people. Now, you exaggerated by insinuating that the growing quality of cannabis is crap, which to me sounded like you meant that it was crap at least partly due to being contaminated by mold, fungi, etc I might've simply misunderstood you there.

@iNCY actually considering strains like Harlequin and Charlotte's Web which are CBD dominant and how effective they've been when they were used(whether in oil, tincture, edible or smoked/vaped even(but in certain doses that would help a patient specifically, which is something @The Real LT mentioned earlier). So yea, if highly effective CBD dominant strains were legal I'd be in support of it, considering that CBD is very effective, especially in tincture form from my experiences. You should read this article from late February that explains who can get legal cannabis in Australia. It also lists the Australian states and what the status of cannabis is in each of them..For example, in April of last year that come 2017, Tasmanian doctors would be able to prescribe patients medical cannabis to patients that have serious conditions/chronic illnesses. While on the flipside, it's not at all legal in Northern Territory yet. Victoria's the most lenient state so far, being that it was the 1st Australian state to pass legislation on cannabis.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-2...r-sale/8292498
    Last edited by Soulblazed; 03-03-2017 at 12:46 AM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my definition of large areas differs from yours. that's all good. And the crap notion came into play when it comes to medicine, none of that should ever come into play.
    I am your God

vCash
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iNCY View Post
    So what if we only legalize strains of pot that can't get you high, how many here remain enthusiastic supporters?

Anything in a positive direction would be a VAST improvement over the wasteful and frankly shit-headed policies we have regarding Cannabis right now.

vCash
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Found a couple subjects worth posting..

Germany's formulating a plan to grow medical cannabis headed by a cannabis agency, which would go into effect in 2019 under a group controlled by Germany's Federal Institute for Drugs and Medical Devices. One perk of that coming in 2019 is that some patients will get cannabis as a prescription medication.
    http://hightimes.com/news/germany-ex...going-in-2019/

Malawi is growing industrial hemp which to me is something that'll keep its economy thriving for a long time to come. Not only could it export/import hemp with other countries such as Canada, The Netherlands, Colombia, Israel, etc if they really want to capitalize on hemp, make it a fuel that could power the numerous vehicles in Malawi-ie all the cars, motorcycles, boats, airplanes and trucks. Not only would that drastically cut down on pollution but Malawi's economy would improve quite a bit. They could also have hemp made into hempcrete-a superior substitute material that is used instead of concrete in the construction of buildings, both residential and industrial. From there, hemp could be used in foods, drinks, for clothing, paper, rope, etc

vCash
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am your God

vCash
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
    Marijuana- is not a global conspiracy of supression. Why? Because the government is stupid. Absinthe was banned until 2007. For only stupid reasons. No conspiracy.
    I am your God

vCash
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am your God

Thread Information