Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Cannabis History Thread.Have You Tried It? Do You Hate It? Post Here Irregardless

They still play defense? The Real LT's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The Cannabis History Thread.Have You Tried It? Do You Hate It? Post Here Irregard

Quote Originally Posted by Theend View Post
    The main problem is a black market that supports either drug cartels or horribly unregulated and toxic environmental growing techniques.

The prohibition of marijuana only strengthens the black market.

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The Cannabis History Thread.Have You Tried It? Do You Hate It? Post Here Irregard

Quote Originally Posted by Djm View Post
    Question, C.

Have you or your studies taken you into looking into ayahuasca? I looked into a little bit after hearing about a reporter for CNN studying it. And most recently Matt Sydal talked about on the Art of Wrestling.

I found the results and stories behind it really fascinating, and more promising than anything involving marijuana.
    If you look at the way DMT works most cut it or brew it with an MAOI. MAOI's are bad news with lethal interactions. I used it as a friend of mine was crazy into spice and really did not do much. Definitely did not kill the cluster headache I was having.

Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    That's such a stupid argument. People are just as likely to show up for work drunk.

EDIT: To expand on what I'm saying...company policy that dictates employees should not show up for work intoxicated already covers all the bases (alcohol, drugs, heavy medication, etc) so what would change exactly? You can't do it now, but if marijuana is legalized a bunch of people are going to start putting their careers in jeopardy? Yeah right.
    Not just your comment but the whole notion of comparing pot to booze is just a comparison to the worst and in all reality is a more compelling arguement to ban them both to me. Booze is nearly accepted around the world. Aside for the notion we still have dry counties in the US. Now, how the hell anyone thinks that a place with a dry county is ever going to legalize or decriminalize pot over 50 years after booze prohibition is beyond me.

I am looking at hiring and recruiting costs as a start alone. As you kind of mention. Even if completely legal, the private sector can kind of dictate the policy of not allowing employees. So my company has to do more drug testing in your pot state. That raises costs. Are there any benefits for an employer to bring jobs to a pot state vs a state that doesn't?

http://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/n....html?page=all

http://thetimes-tribune.com/news/bus...ting-1.1736611

Oh America, where have your manufacturing jobs gone? They are right here. Will people jeopardize their career for the love weed? You god damn right they will.
    I am your God

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only problem i can see with legalization, is the inevitable whining.

Employers will want to keep their drug-free workplace policies.
    Potential employees will whine incessantly about how "it's legal now, you shouldn't be allowed to drug test"

Which is a stupid argument. All those people need to be punched in the throat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foos
    I agree with Murphy

vCash
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Parents. How would you feel about taking your kid to a private dentist who smokes weed regularly but of course isn't too high at work? Or daycare? I mean just smoking some medicinal to curb my arthritis so I can watch your kid is cool right? It's a small daycare. No worries.
    I am your God

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Surgeons who take it to calm their nerves before cutting into people will get real fun. They are taking it for a medicinal reason so no one has the right to complain. If they forget a tool surely it will not be that big of an issue.

Odds are the supreme court will get a case soon determining whether or not a work place can still enforce drug free policies and they will no doubt find that the good of the people outweighs the desires of the individual and rule to legalize drug based job discrimination.

@Foos

Commitment to Excellence ORaider27's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a plant. It grows that way. If you set it on fire or process it, it has some effects: reduced pain, among others. There are different types. Some kinds give a head high, the stereotypical "recreational" use. However, there are also kinds that only help reduce pain and keep the brain clear. How it's processed also affects its properties: edibles are better for reducing pain than smoking it.

I'm for 100% legalization. Yes, I am wary of the stereotypical perma-fried "pot head" just as I'm wary of the alcoholic that doesn't use responsibly. That doesn't mean that people cannot or do not use cannabis responsibly.

The days of people believing in "reefer madness" are dying quickly as more and more people overcome their ignorance by educating themselves about a naturally occurring plant. Legalization is getting closer as more people leave misconceptions behind.
    Insei makes the best banners and avs
    "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all."
    "It is the responsibility of intellectuals to speak the truth and expose lies."
    Both quotes by Noam Chomsky
    "We are all Africans." -- Richard Dawkins
    Sports Empire HOF 2008 PW HOF 2015

vCash
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone want to make a list of naturally occuring plants that are completely harmful and posionsous? plants grow that way and are natural is such a silly defense.

See all that blue. Oh yeah, the world is still believing reefer madness. Outside of rare exception and mostly booze, most modern cultures are not fans of psycho active drugs.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._worldwide.png
    I am your God

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone want to make a list of naturally occuring plants that are completely harmful and posionsous? plants grow that way and are natural is such a silly defense.

See all that blue. Oh yeah, the world is still believing reefer madness. Outside of rare exception and mostly booze, most modern cultures are not fans of psycho active drugs.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._worldwide.png

I'm not a believer in the idea that anything that has an inherent risk should be made criminal. I expect people to educate themselves and understand the difference, and trade off, between risk and benefit.
    "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all."

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pot is the least enjoyable drug I've ever done. Its definitely not my thing and I've used it 25-50 times in my life but a lot of people enjoy it and I'm all for legalizing it. Still though mushrooms and alchohol are so much more enjoyable for me personally.

vCash
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ORaider27 View Post

I'm not a believer in the idea that anything that has an inherent risk should be made criminal. I expect people to educate themselves and understand the difference, and trade off, between risk and benefit.
    Just for the point of debate. Are you lumping that most of the world is basing their legal view on risk? I am not saying it is right or wrong. I am just giving pause to probability that with as many governing bodies as there are in the world that there are a host of reasons why they have the legislation. I get that most of it is probably arguable to you and the pro pot crowd but lumping it as risk and reward seems a bit off.
    I am your God

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Parents. How would you feel about taking your kid to a private dentist who smokes weed regularly but of course isn't too high at work? Or daycare? I mean just smoking some medicinal to curb my arthritis so I can watch your kid is cool right? It's a small daycare. No worries.
    You still haven't convinced me. There are plenty of legal substances out there that can affect how someone works that they shouldn't be taking on the job or are instructed not to by an employer. And yeah, as someone who is educated on marijuana, I'd rather my dentist recently smoked a joint than was doped up on cold medication.

Your argument doesn't make sense to me. If we're banning weed and booze, we should be banning everything that has any kind of side effect on a human being. That's ridiculous. The government doesn't need to babysit the world.

This is where I stand. Focus on the shit that is proven harmful. Educate people. I promise you if the amount of money that was spent on fighting the war on drugs was spent on education instead, crime would go down, addiction would go down, prisons wouldn't be overcrowded...it's so fucking simple yet nobody sees it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you don't think the government needs to babysit the world you don't watch enough Beyond Scared Straight, Teen Mom and Jersey Shore. You are only thinking of yourself. These people are morons and need to be regulated harder. When I think of passing more laws restricting people I am thinking of the many mouth breathers we have in this society.

For someone like you, you should want a ton of regulations on pot so people like Teen Moms don't make it look bad to worse. I would guess you would say that pot isn't a gateway drug to other drugs. Well, I would bet money that some moron on the next season of Teen Mom would make you look so wrong... you will have better luck pushing a rock uphill with your nose than convincing people that who watched Jenelle go from pot to heroin and rehab that it is not a gateway drug.

Pot is proven harmful, but then again I could post a dozen medical and scientific articles would different negative and harmful effects of smoking weed from credible and current sources and I would bet you would blow them all off as propaganda or pick through to find minor faults with them.
    I am your God

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just for the point of debate. Are you lumping that most of the world is basing their legal view on risk? I am not saying it is right or wrong. I am just giving pause to probability that with as many governing bodies as there are in the world that there are a host of reasons why they have the legislation. I get that most of it is probably arguable to you and the pro pot crowd but lumping it as risk and reward seems a bit off.
    If you want the basis of my legalization rationalisation, please see the original post in the thread. Alternative medicine is simply called medicine when it works and cannabis has been used for millennia. However, yes I think it being criminal is based on misconceptions and lies.

I've been using cannabis nearly daily for about 5 years now. I don't know if you remember my H&F posts but I have degenerative arthritis and numerous sports and work related injuries. I was diagnosed at 22. When OTC products stopped working, I went to see my doctor. The medication I was prescribed nearly killed me. But, hey, It was a pill and a doctor gave it to me so it must have been safe, right? No. I ended up in the ER.

I use a sativa strain to treat my pain. There is no head high. I am clearer of mind on it than I am on my allergy medication. I use edibles to aid my sleep because the pain relief lasts longer and makes sleep possible. I've never gone to work high nor have I done anything stupid because of it. I've never had a single problem during use. The worst that happens is I get a little hungry or sleepy.

I still don't understand why people think their religious or moral hang ups mean they have a right to prevent others from receiving or using medication. I don't care if others are against my use of it. That's the great thing about freedom.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you don't think the government needs to babysit the world you don't watch enough Beyond Scared Straight, Teen Mom and Jersey Shore. You are only thinking of yourself. These people are morons and need to be regulated harder. When I think of passing more laws restricting people I am thinking of the many mouth breathers we have in this society.

For someone like you, you should want a ton of regulations on pot so people like Teen Moms don't make it look bad to worse. I would guess you would say that pot isn't a gateway drug to other drugs. Well, I would bet money that some moron on the next season of Teen Mom would make you look so wrong... you will have better luck pushing a rock uphill with your nose than convincing people that who watched Jenelle go from pot to heroin and rehab that it is not a gateway drug.

Pot is proven harmful, but then again I could post a dozen medical and scientific articles would different negative and harmful effects of smoking weed from credible and current sources and I would bet you would blow them all off as propaganda or pick through to find minor faults with them.
    Re: education. The people you refer to are the result of a government that cuts education every year and spends the money on police and war. I stand by what I said.

And I know pot is harmful in some ways. It has negative effects on your lungs, brain, throat, etc, but I constantly read up on new reports and articles and I'm still of the belief that the positive effects vastly outweigh the negative. And to be fair, a report came out recently stating that pot is even safer than we once thought.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...searchers-say/

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never seen any of those shows. Nor do I care what anyone on them does.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Engel View Post
    Odds are the supreme court will get a case soon determining whether or not a work place can still enforce drug free policies and they will no doubt find that the good of the people outweighs the desires of the individual and rule to legalize drug based job discrimination.
    employers can set whatever personal conduct policies they wish.
    If you do not wish to abide by them, you do not need to work there.

"discrimination" is the wrong word to use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foos
    I agree with Murphy

vCash
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never seen any of those shows. Nor do I care what anyone on them does.
    You should, they are making your cause look bad.

Just like every idiot who doesn't treat their gun properly makes it look bad for the people who do treat their gun properly.
    I am your God

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You should, they are making your cause look bad.

Just like every idiot who doesn't treat their gun properly makes it look bad for the people who do treat their gun properly.
    I prefer to not contribute to making stupid people famous. However, since others do make them famous then I reserve the right to mock them mercilessly.

vCash
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You try to educate them. Then they smoke weed.
    http://www.sciencerecorder.com/news/...abnormalities/
    boom, mtv reality stars.
    you can't educate the pot damaged brains.
    I am your God

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You try to educate them. Then they smoke weed.
    http://www.sciencerecorder.com/news/...abnormalities/
    boom, mtv reality stars.
    you can't educate the pot damaged brains.

There are a lot of things in the world that are not suitable for children. There are many pharmaceuticals given by doctors that cause damage to the developing brain. There are many pharmaceuticals that have the same effects on brain chemistry. Again, risk vs benefits.

vCash
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are a lot of things in the world that are not suitable for children. There are many pharmaceuticals given by doctors that cause damage to the developing brain. There are many pharmaceuticals that have the same effects on brain chemistry. Again, risk vs benefits.
    all ways to make more reality tv people to make pot look horrible. again no benefit for the pro pot cause. or else you get idiots like Joe Rogan and Zac Galifinakas making the whole pro pot campaign look like a joke. why? because they are idiot stand up comics who are pro pot with a microphone. If the pro pot campaign was lead by doctors or scientists it would be so much more awesomer.
    I am your God

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all ways to make more reality tv people to make pot look horrible. again no benefit for the pro pot cause. or else you get idiots like Joe Rogan and Zac Galifinakas making the whole pro pot campaign look like a joke. why? because they are idiot stand up comics who are pro pot with a microphone. If the pro pot campaign was lead by doctors or scientists it would be so much more awesomer.
    I definitely agree on that.

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No researcher IMO will come out hard in the support of marijuana with the research ban on. Ditto for doctors. Why risk your career? Until the research ban is lifted, we are in this twilight zone where we assume we understand marijuana based on real shaky evidence. Real scary doctors can prescribe marijuana for disorders but not test whether or not the drug is effective treatment.

I am not really down with personal usage, but I am force research medicinal effects of the different strains to see what is going on, the isolating the strains to make designer drugs from it.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Engel View Post
    No researcher IMO will come out hard in the support of marijuana with the research ban on. Ditto for doctors. Why risk your career? Until the research ban is lifted, we are in this twilight zone where we assume we understand marijuana based on real shaky evidence. Real scary doctors can prescribe marijuana for disorders but not test whether or not the drug is effective treatment.

I am not really down with personal usage, but I am force research medicinal effects of the different strains to see what is going on, the isolating the strains to make designer drugs from it.
    That's why I favor legalization.

Thread Information