Thread: DC Movie Plans

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default DC Movie Plans

Quote Originally Posted by Comicbook.com

During a shareholder meeting today, Warner Bros. CEO Kevin Tsujihara formally announced plans for a Justice League movie, confirming one of Hollywood's worst-kept secrets.

The film, directed by Zack Snyder, will be divided into two parts, as the rumored third and fourth Avengers movies are expected to be.

He also surprised the industry with announcements of more than half a dozen movies including Wonder Woman, Suicide Squad, Green Lantern and Cyborg.

The film had previously been semi-officially announced by Warner executives during an interview about the future of DC on film, but in the time since, fans, reporters and even Warner have said that announcement wasn't quite the real thing.

Tsujihara, who took over as CEO last year, has long been a champion of DC Entertainment; he was head of Warner Bros. Home Entertainment, and so oversaw numerous DC Universe animated feature films, before he took the CEO job. He also was well known as a champion of digital comics, and it was his philosopy on digital comics that's widely credited with making DC the first major publisher to embrace day-and-date digital with the launch of the New 52, reshaping the landscape of the comics economy.

Four a-list stars are in talks to join Suicide Squad, which will be directed by David Ayer, as announced already. That film is planned for 2016, after Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice. Tsujihara called it "a gritty story of a team of supervillains who take on black ops missions for the U.S. government.

2017 will see the relase of both Wonder Woman and the first Justice League film.

"We're bringing back the cast of Batman V Superman with a cast of other well-known and highly-anticipated superheroes," said the CEO of Justice League. "Wonder Woman is an iconic female superhero fans have been anticipating for many years."

2018 will bring The Flash, starring Ezra Miller, and Aquaman. With all of this new information, they finally did confirm that Jason Momoa will play the role.

"Fans among the world will become more acquainted with [The Flash] through our hit show on The CW," said Tsujihara of marketing The Flash.

Shazam, which had been expected by many to be the first film post-Batman V Superman, will actually not hit theaters until 2019, the same year as Justice League Part 2.

While they don't yet have release dates, he also confirmed that Cyborg is in development with Batman V Superman's Ray Fisher and that they're working on a Green Lantern movie again. Those films are listed on the schedule above as 2020.

Tsujihara also confirmed that the studio is working on stand-alone Batman and Superman films, although no release date was mentioned for them.
    Wow, so looks like DC is really trying to step up there game. We now have official confirmation that Jason Mamoa is Aquaman and Ezra Miller will be Flash

vCash
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: DC Movie Plans

Ezra Miller is not even close to what I'd envision for The Flash (be it Barry, Wally or anyone else). What an odd choice. Maybe it's because I can't get over "We Have to Talk About Kevin."

[π: WWPID?] ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

vCash
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Suicide Squad.

Well hey at least we're finally getting that Wonder Woman movie... yeah, yeah I know it's been rumored but it's nice to have it be confirmed (unless I missed something which could be the case). Anyways I'm not sure how I feel about a Cyborg movie, I mean I like the character and all but I'm not sure what they can do with a solo movie.

Also, I'm loving all the Lego movie announcements... The Lego movie was amazeballs so I expect the sequel to be just as awesome as the first one was plus Lego Batman (already announced but still), super excited for that as well.

Edit: I've no idea what Fantastic Beasts is so I guess I'm off to google to find out.

Banner Credit: Surrender
    Made Nerdery Moderator - April 21st, 2015

Anime Currently Watching
    Attack on Titan S2, Dragon Ball Super
    MSG: Thunderbolt S2, Tiger Mask W

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow. I've been down on DC's movie stuff, and I'm still skeptical all of these will even get made, but, serious props to them for getting not only a female-led movie lined up, but also 3 with a person of color in the lead role (Aquaman, Shazam with Black Adam, and Cyborg). Hopefully this will finally get Marvel's ass in gear on that front.

vCash
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also well it's cool we're getting two Justice League movies, if they're just doing it like the last Harry Potter and Twilight movies where it's just one movie split into two films I wish they would have went the LOTR's/Hobbit way where it's in back-to-back years instead of having to wait two years in-between films.

Oh and hopefully we'll get Mera in the Aquaman movie as she's a pretty awesome character at least in my opinion anyways.

Banner Credit: Surrender
    Made Nerdery Moderator - April 21st, 2015

Anime Currently Watching
    Attack on Titan S2, Dragon Ball Super
    MSG: Thunderbolt S2, Tiger Mask W

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I enjoyed Ezra in Perks of Being a Wallflower. Not sure if I can picture him as Barry Allen just yet, but I have faith that he has enough time to get a good grasp on the character. Excited that there will be a GL movie. No doubt it will be a reboot. Pretty sure I read a confirmation on that somewhere but can't remember where.

vCash
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MSmith127 View Post
    Wow. I've been down on DC's movie stuff, and I'm still skeptical all of these will even get made, but, serious props to them for getting not only a female-led movie lined up, but also 3 with a person of color in the lead role (Aquaman, Shazam with Black Adam, and Cyborg). Hopefully this will finally get Marvel's ass in gear on that front.
    A Black Panther movie is in development, Luke Cage & Jessica Jones are getting their own Netflix shows, and they just gave "Captain America" & "Thor" to a brother & woman respectively. Marvel's doing just fine.

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The majority of this list leaked a while back. It's very ambitious to say the least. It's weird to me that they are doing a TV version of Flash and a separate movie version... but I don't really have a problem with it... it just seems weird. Trying to be optimistic though as I love all these characters.

Well... don'tcha?

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzon View Post
    A Black Panther movie is in development, Luke Cage & Jessica Jones are getting their own Netflix shows, and they just gave "Captain America" & "Thor" to a brother & woman respectively. Marvel's doing just fine.
    There's nothing but vague stuff about any Black Panther movie. Luke Cage and Jessica Jones on the Netflix TV shows are awesome, no doubt (and Agents of SHIELD is pretty diverse as well), but I still think it's really important to have some of their blockbuster, tentpole movies headlined by a person of color or a woman. Out of the 13 released or confirmed movies they've done, none of them having a woman or person of color as the lead character is pretty disappointing. They seem to be slowly making progress (Winter Soldier had Nick Fury, Falcon, Black Widow and Maria Hill all in significant roles, and Avengers 2 has Scarlet Witch and some other mystery major female role), but I'd like to see more.

And this isn't even getting into LGBT characters, of which there have been zero in any of the Marvel cinematic universe so far.

And I was specifically talking about the movies. I'm well aware that Marvel's comics branch has been doing very well on diversity in regards to the characters (I think they'll have a total of 16 female-led titles by early 2015), but as much as I kind of wish otherwise, the comics don't have the cultural relevance that these movies do.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all great but that flash casting is very underwhelming.

well its still a long way out so we will see I guess...
    "Everyone back to my trailer for pot pies and mountain dew" - Kevin Nash

vCash
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MSmith127 View Post
    There's nothing but vague stuff about any Black Panther movie. Luke Cage and Jessica Jones on the Netflix TV shows are awesome, no doubt (and Agents of SHIELD is pretty diverse as well), but I still think it's really important to have some of their blockbuster, tentpole movies headlined by a person of color or a woman. Out of the 13 released or confirmed movies they've done, none of them having a woman or person of color as the lead character is pretty disappointing. They seem to be slowly making progress (Winter Soldier had Nick Fury, Falcon, Black Widow and Maria Hill all in significant roles, and Avengers 2 has Scarlet Witch and some other mystery major female role), but I'd like to see more.

And this isn't even getting into LGBT characters, of which there have been zero in any of the Marvel cinematic universe so far.

And I was specifically talking about the movies. I'm well aware that Marvel's comics branch has been doing very well on diversity in regards to the characters (I think they'll have a total of 16 female-led titles by early 2015), but as much as I kind of wish otherwise, the comics don't have the cultural relevance that these movies do.
    There's nothing really vague about the Black Panther movie. It's been confirmed by 2 people from Marvel, with one being Stan Lee himself. Black Widow getting her own movie is pretty much a lock at this point, especially after the inexplicable success of ScarJo's Lucy. She's just as popular as the male leads of the Avengers. It's a no-brainer. Hell, they'll probably have to throw Hawkeye into her movie just out of pity. Also, now that the Kree have been introduced, it's only a matter of time before Ms. Marvel gets her own vehicle as well. Any hangups you have about lead role diversity on Marvel's part will be gone in the next few years.

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzon View Post
    There's nothing really vague about the Black Panther movie. It's been confirmed by 2 people from Marvel, with one being Stan Lee himself. Black Widow getting her own movie is pretty much a lock at this point, especially after the inexplicable success of ScarJo's Lucy. She's just as popular as the male leads of the Avengers. It's a no-brainer. Hell, they'll probably have to throw Hawkeye into her movie just out of pity. Also, now that the Kree have been introduced, it's only a matter of time before Ms. Marvel gets her own vehicle as well. Any hangups you have about lead role diversity on Marvel's part will be gone in the next few years.
    I hadn't realized Kevin Feige had confirmed Black Panther was in development, so that's good. Though with their busy schedule, it will probably be a while before it actually gets released. I've though Black Widow getting her own movie would have been a lock for a while now, but they still haven't gotten around to it. And again, agreed that a Captain Marvel movie is most definitely on the horizon. But just like with those other movies, Marvel has so many movies already on the schedule that these won't actually come out for a couple of years, with a bunch more movies with white male leads in between. So while they'll look much better in a few years, they are still going to look behind the curb for a while (even if I have extreme doubts that DC has any hope of sticking to this schedule).

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A whole lot of nope regarding The Flash. Nope, nope, nope.

Credit to BezerroBizarro from DeviantArt and Lony for Resisizing!
    http://bezerrobizarro.deviantart.com...oshi-163705876
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
    0 days since a Cena fight. C'mon guys we need to at least get it up to two.
    http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=123457 THE KID VS DOSE MATCH IS ON!!!!

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Brevoort
    It takes a special kind of stupid to announce the actor for the film version of a character two weeks after your new TV show has begun.
    Daaaamn.

Well... don'tcha?

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I cannot make sense of a Flash movie and TV series running at the same time with different casting.
    A large part of what makes the Marvel universe great is the continuity.

I also can't believe they would have finalised castings of a 2018 release movie! That's a long time away.

vCash
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smallville was still on the air when Superman Returns came out, right?

[π: WWPID?] ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iNCY View Post
    I cannot make sense of a Flash movie and TV series running at the same time with different casting.
    A large part of what makes the Marvel universe great is the continuity.

I also can't believe they would have finalised castings of a 2018 release movie! That's a long time away.
    It's just weird ain't it?

I'm not saying they can't make it work... just seems like a recipe for dissent amongst fans. Then again that might be good for both franchises...

Well... don'tcha?

vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Jericho View Post

Pretty sure it was. Right in the middle of it's run. I dunno though you could argue that's a vastly different concept.

Well... don'tcha?

vCash
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't know...I kinda wish DC would just be happy with their small screen and animated success rather than trying to stay on par with Marvel cinematic universe which already has six years of groundwork behind it.

I also think Suicide Squad would make a much better impact on the small screen but who knows, maybe it will be the Next GotG. I think it's a stretch but maybe they'll surprise me.

Spoiler

*Many thanks to the amazing surrender for my banner*
    #TeamAuthority
    R.E.A.L

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Put out a decent bloody movie before throwing out a schedule like that. God.

Marvel pumped out three Superb flicks before they announced that they had these plans in motion.

This whole scenario reeks of the same retardation at Sony and Fox wanting to put out multiple movies in an attempt to be "Marvel"

Back to my original point. Put together a few films which are of significant quality and then we can talk.

Fucken onwards and upwards~!

2008 Sports Empire HALL OF FAME

Ravishing Slick Dude KashDinero's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As cool as that schedule appears, if they choose to go down the moody and dark route that Man of Steel took then these movies have potential to actually suck the life out of the industry as a whole. SuperHero movies really do need at have an element of fun about them; I hope that these DC movies take that into account before they go full on "flip-side of the coin" to what Marvel have done with their all action fun-fests. I can't see them being as successful as Marvel's fantastic movie franchise, not when they're basically trying to copy their MO.

Agreed that they should actually have at least a few successful movies before telling us they've got all these plans for the future. All this schedule has done for me is throw a whole heap of doubt on a situation that they were clearly planning to remedy by revealing their hand so early.

That their TV shows run on a completely different continuity as their movies isn't the smartest thing in the long run either.
    PW Nerdery's Most Underrated Poster Of 2015

vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, the tv shows are actually good, so while it doesn't make sense I'd rather have the Arrowverse stay its own thing than have to deal with the DC movie verse.

Yang Xiao Long fangirl Mistress's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Suicide Squad yay

Gina Carrano should be Wonder Woman. If my Wonder Woman has no muscles, i will cry...cry like a little baby.

Thank you Surrender!!!
    Voted Co-Most Underrated Nerdery Poster of 2014 (With Raven*)
    If prowrestling were fake, it would make every fan in the history of the sport a complete & utter moron - Monty Burns

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Jericho View Post
    Which is more like Gotham and a Batman movie being out at the same time, which I don't have a problem with because they're set in different times. It means either they don't want check the flash to be on TV in 2018 or they don't plan fitting their universes together.

I agree with Shane, DC hasn't shown us an ability to produce great comic book movies. The Nolan trilogy wasn't really a comic book movie, not in the marvel sense. The superman movie was average and the green lantern below average. They seem to be going down the path fox did when they crammed as many mutants into the movies as they could in X2 and X3.

Ravishing Slick Dude KashDinero's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Havokwolf View Post
    Well, the tv shows are actually good, so while it doesn't make sense I'd rather have the Arrowverse stay its own thing than have to deal with the DC movie verse.
    It's not the quality of the TV show's that's a thing for me; I love me some Arrow, and once I watch The Flash, I'm sure I'll love that too, so, personally, I can hang with how things are. I can differentiate between the shows and the movies with little issue as to how it pertains to my own personal enjoyment.

It's more of a Joe Public thing. Will Gotham's continuity have anything to do with B-Fleck's Batman? Probably not, which can only serve to add confusion to the overal viewing audience, especially if they end up contradicting each other. The Flash TV series and the movie versions might mean we end up with two different origin stories, and as Amazing Spiderman has proved, we really don't need to be told slightly different stories with basically the same ending, especially in such a short period of time. I mean, what's the point of having both? How does that help in the long run towards building the DC universe? If anything it could lead to alienation from some casual viewers.

Hopefully the movies will be of an even higher quality than the shows, which will help people forgive having to forget what happens in the shows.
    PW Nerdery's Most Underrated Poster Of 2015

Thread Information